New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Hunter's IC

1. - Top - End - #211
    Banned

Goblin

Default Re: Hunter's IC

Realizing that their enemies sems to have quite anfilation withfire, baran dismisses his plan of setting up everybody on fire. Instead he picks up his crossbow and moves slowly, aiming at nearest opponent. And then shoots, with silent efficency.

Spoiler
    Show

Assuming target doesn't have concealment, rolls will be
    (1d20+8)[24]
    dmg (1d8)[8]

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Tharg releases a breath to try to clear his mind. As his breath flows out, he feels for vibrations in the ground. Once he gets his bearing he moves to prepare an all out assault.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Use Earth Sense feat to attempt to discern the direction of his enemies through the mist.

Move:move to J7
    Going out of town, of you don't hear from me by 11/20 send me a poke

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

As the battle rages on Fenrir growls his acknowledgement towards Illyvion's call. Thankful the net has be burst from his form. His lupine eyes watching as Willem is encrusted with the contents of the enemy's attack. As he readies to move the haunting voice of the giant reaches his ears. It soon grows loud enough for Willem and Illyvion to hear over the clash of battle.

A moment after it starts a brief flash is visible off in the distance. Then a tiny shape as if an ember on the wind begins to shoot towards them. Its glow intensifying as it nears them. The right before Fenrir's eyes it bursts outward. The energy within released with the intensity of a towering inferno. Its flames lighting up the mist for only a few seconds, but making it bright enough those caught in its path cast shadows as if in the light of a late morning sun.

Spoiler
    Show

A fireball goes off with J13 as its center.

Willem and Illyvion both make a reflex save. DC 14

Damage is (5d6)[14] fire damage. 7 fire damage on a successful save if you don't have evasion.

Last edited by Azoth; 2013-03-08 at 12:48 AM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    forgot fenrir and a few enemies acted before willem

Fenrir manages to drop to the ground avoiding most of the flames before his face. Still his fur burns bare in patches as a muffled whimper escapes his muzzle. As the flames die his massive jaws latch onto the hobgoblin on his left (h4). He rises to full height ripping the leg out from under the creature and sending it to the ground with a threatening growl before retreating out of Illyvion's way.

As Illyvion's hand reaches out yet another blast of color arcs through the enemy ranks. The hobgoblin on the ground manages to shield his eyes long enough to stave off Illyvion's attacks. He then rises up to his feet and steps where Fenrir stood. His weapon ready to defend his brothers.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Willem leaps back from the blast, but the fire moves faster. He screams in pain as the fire envelops him and skin blackens and cracks. He manages to stand his ground but chokes and vomits at the smell of his own fire-roasted flesh, burnt hair and clothing. "Ughhah..." he whimpers with a shudder, and cringes in agony as he peels off a tattered part of his sleeve that had fused to his forearm. He steps back to steady himself and tries to focus his dry, scratchy eyes.

Willem sucks in air past his chapped lips, then lets out a desperate trill that radiates in a shockwave blast.

Using Trill Attack:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Investing 1 more point of essentia for a total of 3.
    Effect (20' Radius, 3 Targets, Stunned 1d4 rounds) h2, h5, G1.
    Will Save negates DC 14
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2013-03-08 at 01:46 AM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Willem's trill sends the Hobgoblin's holding their ears as they try to turn from ear piercing noise. The one caught between himself and Willem doubles retching as his sight and hearing are assaulted simultaneously. The one only a step away nearly drops his weapon as he claws at his ears.

The one far back smirks to himself at the foolishness of his kin. His clawed hands drawing back another arrow. He sets his sights on where he saw Fenrir's form move through the mist and where that horrid noise came from. With a sinister laugh he lets the arrow fly a second in its wake.

Spoiler
    Show

Attacks at Willem
    Foll Round action: Rappid shot barrage
    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[24]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[5]
    Miss chance(under 50):(1d100)[23]

Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[24]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[8]
    Miss chance(under 50):(1d100)[14]

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Willem skips away as one arrow lands at his feet, and another shears the tattered rags of what remains of his clothing, wincing in agony at each strained movement.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming This is the correct, up to date map

Judith nods, satisfied that the current foe has been dispatched. Her ears perk up as a fireball is loosed among her allies, and she rushes off to deal with the aftermath, feeling that ensuring Willem survives another attack is paramount. She utters a short prayer to the gods and whispers, "Find your strength, Willem."

Touching the man, he will feel his flesh and bones infused with holy power, and his wounds will close.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to I 13
    cast Maximized Cure Moderate Wounds for 2d8+3+3 or 22 hp healed. holding Foehew in my off hand.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Willem sighs as the agony of his wounds subsides and a strange giddiness overcomes him now that he knows he has a second lease on life. He nods his thanks to Judith and readies himself to continue the fight. He blushes a little at the new draftiness of his outfit and reminds himself to break out the needle and thread tonight.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    My Campaigns:

My Player Registry
    My DM Registry