1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: TW: Shattered-Empire IC

Deep Trolls

To the RRS
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are sending 12 WEL worth of goods to help feed them, though now that we know the extent of it, we are really going to be focused on that agricultural program.

As for the technology exchange, we would be intrested in the cannons.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Reborn Rhunic Shogunate
    Morale: 9

To the Deep Trolls (9)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Cannons for your Silent Film (and requisite technologies) then, and our lorekeepers will meet with your people for the documentary. A pleasure doing business with our oldest friends.

To the ERA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will see what happens with the investigation then. The Shogunate would prefer to not involve ourselves with assassinations, but if necessary we may decide otherwise.

Then a combination of assets totaling 14 of Military, Wealth, and Research. As long as you give at least 6 Wealth, the refugees will be well fed. Long term food supply will be sorted out next month, hopefully. The troops will be used to aid us in enforcing a blockade of Askor's island.

And do you have any technologies you would be willing to trade?
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2013-05-29 at 07:26 PM.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

To Reborn Rhunic Shogunate(PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have black powder but we believe you already have that. We can provide at least 6 wealth.

4. - Top - End - #274

Reborn Rhunic Shogunate

To Everyone (Public)
    Spoiler
    Show
    As all of you know, the continent is facing another famine, brought about by the destruction of the fields and grain warehouses in the southeast. What most of you do not is that the reason for this is because House Askor razed anything and everything of value to the ground in their flight to the Emporium's former holding.

Because, unlike the noble house, the Shogunate cares about the common people of this land, we are asking that the powers of the continent together raise the [40 Wealth] necessary to both feed the refugees of Malarae who are the hardest hit by the plummet in food supply and to restore the fields to working order so that this crisis can end promptly.

To the ERA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you have any desire to obtain any of ours in exchange for loans of stats? There are a number of things we are looking to complete this turn, and our assets are stretched a bit thin, so this benefits each of us rather well.

To the Free Kingdoms (9)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings to the beleaguered Kingdoms,

Our sources tell us there has been little actual fighting, but we would prefer getting information from you directly.

-Emperor Osric

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

To Shogunate (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We're not sure, what technologies do you have?

6. - Top - End - #276

Royal House Askor

Public:
    The Shogunate would like you to believe they were not the ones destroying the countries livelyhood, but the truth is it was their pet dragon burning the fields, their men slaying the field workers, their men that destroyed the silos. House Aksor is now removed from the world, and has nothing to gain from the destruction, while now the country will be relying on the Shogunate to feed them, giving them more power. Do not let them fool you into thinking they are a caring group. They are nothing more than power mongers, and will work to destroy anything that comes in their way.

7. - Top - End - #277

Reborn Rhunic Shogunate

To Everyone (Public)
    Spoiler
    Show
    As can be expected, the noble house has decided to lie to excuse itself of its actions. We have evidence of their orders and their results. The Ghosts do as well, as their people were in the region killing my men.

Even if you deny the proof we have, simply look to our past to see the falseness in Askor's claim. We are not bringers of destruction, we are bringers of order. In any of our past conflicts, we have never implemented a scorched earth policy. We have brought stability and laws to the wild lands of the north, overthrown illegitimate and cruel regimes, and protected civilians from the predations of vicious powers like the 1st Legion and Askor itself. The noble house, however, has been perfectly willing to target civilian infrastructure in its conflicts, as evidenced by their operations against my northern lands in this current war.

And through all this, we have done whatever we can to help the people of this continent. We, along with the aid of Auron, restored the grain shipping routes of the Lake of Blood during the first famine. As well, we helped rebuild a quarter of Malarae after the quake. I ask you, what has Askor done? Invaded two neighbors without justification? Allowed the Imperial Navy to be sunk? Hired mercenaries to attack the Shogunate without reason? Have they done anything for you, the people of the continent? Aside from burn the fields that provide your food? And they call us power mongers?

-Emperor Osric

To the ERA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The techs we have that you don't already (I think):
    -[Prototype Smokepowder Weapons] (Bonus to warfare)
    -[Tunnelers] (Bonus to breaching fortifications)
    -[Lhusan Wards] (Reduces effectiveness of hostile magic)
    -[Assault Tunnelers] (Bonus to breaching fortifications)
    -[Reconnaissance Balloons] (Bonus to Military or Espionage depending on the action)
    -[Advanced Scouting Dirigibles] (Bonus to Military or Espionage depending on the action)
    -[Cannons] (Bonus to warfare)
    -[Siege Golems I] (Bonus to breaching fortifications)
    -[Fell Reavers] (Bonus to warfare) <Unimplemented>

Let's say about 10 stats for each?

-Daimyo Urgit
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2013-05-30 at 03:58 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

To Reborn Rhunic Shogunate(PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    None of those seem appealing at this point in time. We would be happy to trade later though.

9. - Top - End - #279

Reborn Rhunic Shogunate

To the ERA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Our plans for this month have changed due to our realization that we don't have the naval strength to combat Askor at this moment. So we will be hunkering down in their former lands, constructing defenses, and ensuring they don't regain a foothold.

As such, we will revise our exchange to be some combination of Military, Research, and Wealth totaling 14 (15 if you want to count the VIP I'm sending). Priority would be Military and Research. If you have enough to not have to send any Wealth our way, I would still suggest that you make a public pledge of some substantial amount to the famine effort to begin rebuilding your good will, and to make the Imperials look bad relatively. Or you can simply send us the Wealth and still make the public pledge, we will just handle it for you. Still ideally at least 9 (Revised because below Grim changed his amount) so that between the two of us and the Trolls, we can feed the Malaraen refugees. Fixing the famine may have to wait another month...

To the Deep Trolls (9)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would request that you reaffirm your pledge of food and supplies to the refugees of Malarae in a public announcement. My hope is that doing so will convince others to also send funds so that we can ensure the people of the continent are fed for good, instead of having to do this again in a month.

-Emperor Osric
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2013-05-31 at 04:52 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Deep Trolls

It has come to our attention that widespread famine is occuring due to reckless tactics used in the recent fighting. While we do not condem either side, we ask that they try not to do this. In the end, all it does is create a cycle of suffering.

We have dispatched 10WEL of canned goods to the affected regions, and hope that we can show compassion and help those less fourtunate.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

The Enlightened Revolutionary Army will endeavor to help the refugees by providing them with food. We care about the suffering of all people on the continent and will do everything in our power to stop the suffering of the refugees.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Auron-Emperor Osric/Lord Askor
    It seems to me that I warned you both about what would happen if you continued this fruitless bloodshed. You didn't listen and now the entire continent is suffering because of it. What little coin I have to my name will be spent trying to clean up the mess you two caused.

My soldiers will be along shortly to make sure you don't bother one another. They will be lining the coast and making sure this does not continue any further. Dont interfere and your people will not be hindered. There is nothing personal against either one of you, but I will not sit and watch the Empire my old friend, Empress Luserina's late father, worked so hard to build be destroyed over a petty rivalry.

Maester-Public
    As always, I will be devoting every single asset available to the Church of the Allfather to ending this crisis. It is shameful that the Rhunic Shogunate and the noble House Askor would continue their petty war even as the Empress Luserina lay on her deathbed two months ago. And here we are, trying to keep the Empire from falling apart while she takes some much needed rest to recuperate from recent injuries.

I stand by Auron and his demand for peace.

Edit: Public
    Spoiler
    Show
    The evidence provided by the RRS appears quite substantial and clearly paints House Askor as the perpetrator of the famine. It does not specifically suggest Askor had plans to cause famine or anything of the sort though. Despite the evidence supposedly being in the hands of the Ghosts as well, Imperial authorities are refusing to comment on the matter.

This has failed to change the opinions of the continents major powers, but has the general populace grumbling in discontent.

Free Kingdoms-RRS
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your sources are correct. We have not even had to deal with too many spies or assassins in the past months. I believe we are content to just sit at one anothers throats for now. The new Empress has shown herself to be capable of atleast some restraint.
    Last edited by oblivion6; 2013-06-01 at 02:21 AM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Beginning of Turn 15

More assassins?: Turns out the rumours that the Empress Luserina was devoured by giant insects were false, for she was seen touring the refugee camps near Malarae this month. However, that was a mistake...a massive attempt was launched on the Empress' person by multiple individuals using high-powered blackpowder weapons of unknown make. Luckilly, she survived--only because Auron apparently has some magic allowing him to move faster than any man--but a dozen guards are dead and they are no closer to finding out who is behind this. It is said that a single body was carried off, perhaps an assassin?

Free Kingdoms-Public
    Spoiler
    Show
    You must either have a very low opinion of yourselves or you are desperate. Mabe just stupid? Ordering an assassination of your very own Empress? We will be the first to admit that we have had our own fair share of issues with her--and her father--but ordering her death? At the hands of a couple snipers? Try something a little less subtle and actually face her head-on rather than with a blade through the ribs, or a bullet to the head.

Trollish Histories: The Deep Trolls, after consulting with Imperial and Shogunate scholars, have developed The Complete History of the Empire. This is likely the first time the general populace has had a reliable account of their history and are grateful to the Trolls.

Malarae: The rebuilding of the Imperial City is slow this month--both because of the food crisis and the assassination attempt--but rebuilding continues nevertheless. It is believed that, should the funds return to normal, the whole City should be rebuilt within 3 months.

Disappearances: It is official now. Scores of girls in their late teens and early 20's have disappeared from across the Empire, mostly from the Malarae refugee camps and the southern lands. Imperial authorities are promising a swift investigation, but cynics believe--correctly--that the Empire already has a full-platter on their hands.

Rumour Mill: Shogunate engineers have been seen unveiling a massive fleet of armored warships and an incomplete airship within their territory. Its also confirmed that the RRS has spared no expense in constructing new border defenses.

Red-garbed men are seen along the eastern shores of the Empire. Though not numerous, these men carry themselves with the air of a master swordsman and openly bear Aurons standard.

House Askor has been rebuilding its military branch here lately. Gains have been made, but recruitment is still in its early stages.

[I feel like I missed a good bit., but at the same time, I think I got it all. Let me know.]

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

To Ghosts [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hamor deCorb of the Enlightened Revolutionary Army seeks a meeting with the ghosts. His face is grim and it is easy to tell that he is ashamed about going to them for help. "Hello, I have discovered evidence of a great threat to the continent. A threat that both me and you are in danger from. In our hunt for those who destroyed the Capitol we found 3 wizards. We followed the to Maester Maelvok's lands. They lived in a brothel there. Naturally this made us curious, further investigation showed that Maester is in control of much of the prostitution and human trafficking on the continent and he was the one responsible for the abduction and forced prostitution of many young girls... We searched more, Maester knows of the wizards's presence and is sponsoring them. We also discovered that many of the high ranking prostitutes were also leaders of the Anarchist movement in Malarae, thus leading us to believe that Maester was behind the Anarchists. Since Maester started an anarchist movement to defame us, supports the abduction and rape of young women and is responsible for the wizards who destroyed Malarae he is clearly a monster and a threat to the empire.

Now we must look at what to do about it. Maester must be destroyed, that much is clear. We have a plan though we will not share it with you unless you wish to help us.

To Reborn Runic Shogunate[9]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Send a VIP to contact us we have much to discuss.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Empire-ERA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The ERA representitive is carefully searched by a team of grim-faced Ghosts in black leather as he arrives at the temporary headquarters outside of Malarae(Though the Ghosts formally occupy territory to the east, most business is conducted in the Imperial City). Once you are determined to be a minimal security risk, you are led to a small, dimly-lit room by a trio of fully-armed legionaries and even one of Aurons red-cloaked followers(who is, if possible, even more grim than the Ghosts) and greeted by a high-ranking official. Hamor deCorb wordlessly passed over a small stack of parchment to the man. Upon a quick scan of the documents, his eyes would widen and he would excuse himself saying this matter was above even his pay-grade. So, the ERA leader waited...and waited.

Then, suprising him, a young, beautiful woman who couldn't be over 20 swept into the room. The only thing holding her up was a cane. She looked like she hadn't slept in days and her makeup barely concealed scars and bruises. It was the Emperess herself! Look, I know you don't like me and I don't really care for you. She began with a look of weariness. Plus, I am quite frankly, exhausted, so lets dispense with the pleasantries and formalities. She looked over the stack of papers detailing the results of the investigations. She read the findings carefully, looking--no, hoping--to find some reason to dismiss the papers as fake. Finding nothing, she sighed. I see we have a very serious issue here...what do you propose we do? You mentioned you have a plan?

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Enlightened Revolutionary Army to Ghosts [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hamor deCorb is surprised to see the Empress though he tries to hide this and presses on with his explanation. "Maester's strength seems to be concentrated around three main things. One: himself, he has worked up quite a following and many people are deathly loyal to him, he has quite a cult of personality. If he is killed then moral in his faction will plummet.Two, the Great Fair. It is a center of economics and as long as it stands under his control it will be able to provide him with a steady supply of income. Three, his three wizards, they destroyed Malarae, they are incredibly powerful.

In order to destroy Maester we must take away all of those things, at the same time if possible, because as long as his faction has any one of those things they will be a massive threat to any who oppose him. Fortuntely, I have came up with a plan to destroy all three of the Maester's powers. The Great Fair is the easiest. Maester has a small but well equipped army defending it, the ERA borders this territory and our troops have been preparing to attack it, we should be able to conquer it with substantial losses. In order to stop the wizards we would need another plan, something involving stealth and surprise. Fortunately our agents have worked out the wizards schedules, an elite team of agents with magic to disable their wards could probably manage to kill the wizards. We think that we could convince the Shogunate to do this, they are reluctant to attack Maester for fear of starting a war with him but they could kill the wizards to "Execute those guilty of the attacks on Malarae" and claim a lack of knowledge on Maester's relation to the wizards. Killing Maester himself will be the hardest. We have a risky plan that could lead to it however. Gordon Camwalace is a priest in Maester's religion as well as a influential communist revolutionary in the ERA. He is dismayed by what Maester is using the faith to do and wishes Maester dead, he is willing to die to make it happen. Do to Gordon and Maester both being influential religious leaders we could probably set up a meeting between them. The ERA has also recently developed explosives. We believe that if Gordon Camwalace stores high quantities of these explosives in his clothes they would be enough to make quite a sizable explosion. Gordon could tackle Maester, magically set off the explosives and blow both of them up. It would take a lot of other agents to ensure that this meeting takes place, make sure they get close enough and eliminate any guards who might try to stop him. It would be a very risky plan. After Maester is killed would would release the details of our investigation, we would also try to frame Gordon as a saint-like figure who died to end corruption in the church, this would destroy much of Maester's reputation and make it harder for the remnants of Maester's faction to frame those who oppose them as godless-heretics.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Empire-ERA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Empress Luserina politely listens to the plan. First, lets start with the Great Fair; You are certainly right about a well-equipped force on security. Small, however, it is not...it may appear that way, but thats just the surface and what you're allowed to see. But, under the surface, the Maester maintains large militia's in every village within his territory. Every one of these is willing to die for his cause.*

Next, the wizards...I am no mage as you can clearly see, but it won't be easy to breach the dozens of wards each likely has around him at all times. It will take an undertaking of epic proportions...
    Her face lit up in thought for a moment, but appeared reluctant to share it. My idea is thus, but it will require dozens of our best spies. Preferabbly female and willing to die to accomplish the mission. First, over the course of several days, we covertly evacuate the girls and replace them with our agents, using magic to disguise them as the typical girls. Once they are in place, we set up stores of explosives around the brothel as a last-ditch effort. If our people can't kill them, we blow the place up. Then, my legionaries(preferrably of the First Legion) move in and comb the wreckage to be sure they're dead.

Third, the Maester himself; your plan is good, but that will require manpower we simply don't have to my knowledge. My Ghosts apparently have their hands full protecting me and can't drop everything and help with this operation.

*Basically, the Maester has a [Militia] trait. It provides an extra layer of MIL against invading forces. Exact amount of MIL depends largely on Morale.

18. - Top - End - #288

Reborn Rhunic Shogunate
    Morale: 12

To the ERA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Daimyo Urgit returns (or remains, I guess) in ERA lands to discuss matters on behalf of Emperor Osric.

"I would guess you are planning on going through with your operation based on our findings?"

To the Darkened Realm (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Didn't want to expressly state Shadowcasters because I don't want to reveal their existence and because it doesn't make sense for other nations to know who in the area Kundarak is talking to. Also didn't want to say ?????? because then people may suspect nefarious dealings.

Daimyo Kundarak arrives at the Mage's Tower, asking to negotiate with the residents on behalf of the Shogunate.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

To Ghosts[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Your plan for the Wizards is good. Do you think that your agents could do it on there own or should we send some to assist you? About the Great Fair, do you think that killing their leader would damage their moral to a point which they would be more defeatable? Do you have any of your own soldiers that you could use to assault the Great Fair? As for killing Maester, we will talk to the Shogunate and see if they can help us." He thinks for a bit before coming up with something else."Perhaps you don't need your agents to protect you. Maybe you could hide with some other faction, not the Shogunate or the ERA, you can't trust us, maybe with the trolls? It would take less people to smuggle you into troll territory than to protect you for the entire month."

To Shogunate[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes. We discovered that Maester was behind the anarchist riots and that he was the one sponsoring the wizards. We are planing to kill him, conquer the Great Fair and kill the wizards who destroyed Malarae. We have told the empress, she is alive, about this and she is willing to help but she doesn't have enough agents for us to complete all of the plans. Would you be willing to use some of your agents to assassinate Maester or kill the wizards who destroy Malarae? Also, what have you learned in your investigation?

20. - Top - End - #290

Reborn Rhunic Shogunate

To the ERA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We discovered that the Maester is aware of the wizards vacation and is sponsoring them, though we didn't find out if he is aware who they are or what they have done. He is heavily involved with the Anarchists as well as the kidnappings to staff his brothels.

The Shogunate would still prefer to not involve ourselves with the killing of the head of another power on the continent, so we will be going after the wizards.

I would also be wary of the Ghosts. They have recently acquired smokepowder weapons that fit the description of those used in the attempt on the Empress' life. While I have no idea WHY they would try to kill her, that connection and the Free Kingdoms message do not bode well for the continent. Possibly they are trying to replace her with another figure to rule the Empire, one more easily controlled? But that is simple speculation. What exactly have you told them in your negotiations?

In addition, I would warn against seizing the Great Fair. Auron has made the threat of military retribution against any who upset the stability of the continent, which is a vague enough criterion to justify practically any campaigns he would want. Especially if you are already planning on publicly revealing your role in the Maester's death (or if the Ghosts reveal it in order to discredit you), he may seek to eliminate your threat to the Empire once and for all.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

To Shogunate [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    One of Auron's followers was with the Empress at the meeting. If he disapproved he would probably say something. We have told the ghosts our research on Maester and our plan nothing more. The Empress came up with the following plan to kill the wizards "My idea is thus, but it will require dozens of our best spies. Preferabbly female and willing to die to accomplish the mission. First, over the course of several days, we covertly evacuate the girls and replace them with our agents, using magic to disguise them as the typical girls. Once they are in place, we set up stores of explosives around the brothel as a last-ditch effort. If our people can't kill them, we blow the place up. Then, my legionaries(preferrably of the First Legion) move in and comb the wreckage to be sure they're dead." she seems to wish that her troops kill the wizards, though if I explain to her that the only way we get your help is if you kill the wizards then she will probably understand.

To Empire [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The Shogunate is only willing to participate in the killing of the wizards, would you be willing to let them do that and use more of your agents to kill Maester. Also, would Aron attack us for violating peace on the continent if we were to attack the great fair? We know that you have more contact with him than we do."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Darkened Realm[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diamyo Kundarak is intercepted about a mile from the tower itself. The pair of men came out of nowehere and had disarmed Kundarak before he even knew what had happened. He was quite capable of defending himself, but these guys were good. Too good, truth be told. Plus, the very shadows seemed to reach out and aid them.

Luckilly, they took him exactly where he wanted to go...the Tower. They blind-folded him before they entered the Tower and led the dwarf(yes?) through what felt like a maze of corridors and rooms. This structure was clearly bigger on the inside than its appearance suggested. When they had removed his blind-fold, he was in the center of a large room. Standing in front of him was a handsome looking man in a black cloak. You must forgive the less than hospitable welcome, but I noticed you weren't a local and had to take steps. He would say, not unkindly. He extended his hand. Connor, at your service. I noticed your agents snooping around last month. What can I do for you?

Empire-ERA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Killing the Maester is likely more than enough to cripple the morale of those militia units, but that is the real issue of course. He won't be easy to get to. Not by any means. I suppose, in a pinch, I could divert a couple companies to help assault the Fair.

If that is truly the Shogunates requirment for their assistance, they can take point on that stage of the operation; I was just voicing ideas. That free's up some of my agents which I could order to assist against the Maester.

I refuse to hide any longer. I hid once already. Look what that resulted in. No, running and hiding is not an option. I will stand and face these issues head-on. Just as my father did.

As for Auron...don't worry about him. I'll talk to him. He'll understand if it comes from me.

23. - Top - End - #293

Reborn Rhunic Shogunate

Darkened Realm (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Dwarf, yes. The starting VIPs are all dwarves.

The dwarf returns the handshake and, with a slight smile, says, "Your precautions are understandable, given the nature of your organization. Daimyo Kundarak of the Rhunic Shogunate. In all but name, I am the head of government of my people, as I have managed the civilians clans for decades. And, in one of the worst kept secrets of the continent, the spymaster of my nation as well. Pleasure to make your acquaintance."

He pauses for a moment to glance around the room before continuing, "Because I am the one initiating this contact, I feel it is only fair to explain the Shogunate's intentions first. The three highest ranking members of our faction each have our own hopes of results from this meeting.

Personally, I wish to know the goals of your faction, your current view of the politics of the continent, and as much as you would be willing to tell about your group as a whole, primarily because I feel it would help this talk go smoothly, but also because I am admittedly rather curious myself. You are certainly hard to find and I know little outside of rumors and hearsay.

Shogun Madhammer, my colleague in command of the military, has conveyed to me that he hopes for us to come to some agreement allowing right of passage through the Darkened Realm and for the Shogunate to be permitted to construct warded fortifications and railways in your domain. He views this land gap between Rhunic holdings as a weakness that may be exploited in a future war and dislikes leaving such an opening in our defenses.

And my liege, Emperor Osric, has the loftier goal of offering you, and the people of the Darkened Realm, a place within the Shogunate. The reasons why it would be beneficial are largely self evident and which ones I cite are dependent upon your own goals. If you seek wealth, we have the greatest economy in the land and can bring prosperity to your territories. If you seek mystical knowledge, we have the most magical might of any known power on the continent. If you seek influence... You get the idea."

OOC: Just to clarify if you don't know the terminology I'm using, head of government is the person managing the bureaucracy and everything. Head of state is the one who interacts with foreign powers. Osric is kinda the head of state at this point though has the sworn fealty of both Madhammer and Kundarak, so there is practically no jostling for power at this moment.

To the ERA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did you include the part about seizing the Great Fair in the telling? Auron may disapprove of that while being accepting of the Maester's assassination. Or he could say nothing now and mobilize next month. I am simply wary of him using this action to justify a war even if he is complicit behind closed doors, considering his proximity to the both of us and military might.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

To Shogunate[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We did ask about Auron and we did share about the attack on the great fair. The Empress said "As for Auron...don't worry about him. I'll talk to him. He'll understand if it comes from me." She doesn't seem to think he will be a problem, or else she wants me to think he won't be a problem so I am caught off guard if he attacks us. Despite the possibility of this being a trick, Maester is a monster who must be destroyed, it would be criminal to do nothing whilst his actions continue.

To Empire[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Hamor is interested in the Empress's new opinion on running away. "Do you know who it is trying to assassinate you?"

"I'm glad that you could lend some troops if necessary. Do you can any other sources where we could get agents to assassinate Maester, I fear that between both our factions we still might not have enough?"

A messenger enters the room after being searched by guards. She hands Hamor a note. Hamor quickly reads it and then smiles grimly. "The Shogunate agrees to kill the wizards! That's one less thing our agents will have to worry about."

25. - Top - End - #295

Reborn Rhunic Shogunate

To the Deep Trolls (12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Do you have any plans that you would be interested in getting our help with? Like spreading your film technology across the continent? And are you willing to hire out your researchers to us for a month?

To the ERA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Could you give us all the information you have on the mages? I would like to know their capabilities before I conduct the operation.
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2013-06-08 at 04:57 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Deep Trolls

ESP-D 15

To the RRS
    Spoiler
    Show
    We're already working on the agricultural revitizlation you asked about last month, and the film, well, we plan on taking it slowly, building it up slow and sure.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

To Reborn Rhunic Shogunate[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes. We will share it with you.
    OOC: Oblivion hasn't actually told me much about their abilities. We have their schedules, and we know that they have expensive magical wards around them.
    Last edited by GnomeGninjas; 2013-06-08 at 05:34 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Darkened Realm[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Connor walked over to a table over in the corner of the room and offered the dwarf a seat. Well, as i'm sure you know, we're called the Shadowcasters--or Shadowdancers if you prefer--and like to keep to ourselves for the most part--atleast I do. As I see it, the less we get involved in the cut-throat politics of the "Empire," the safer we will be. After all, we have survived this long by remaining neutral, leaving me free to pursue my own agenda. Now,as I already stated, I can't speak for the rest of us--we all came here for different reasons--but I do not desire power of any sort. My own wish is something of a more personal sort... He paused and appeared to debate with himself for a moment. We can speak of that matter more a bit later if the rest of this discussion goes well.

My opinion on current politics? They're all bastards. Each and every one of them. Auron, this so-called "Empress," Maester Melvok. Especially the Maester. He is by far the most dangerous man on the continent, and also the most likely to turn this chaos into a full-scale civil war. Especially if word of his experiment gets out to the general public.

As for the land; I am willing to let your soldiers pass through on the condition they stay out of trouble. I am also willing to accomadate railways as that has other benefits other than its military applications. I must decline your offer to construct fortifications though: I would prefer to keep myself neutral and allowing you to turn the whole region into a fortress might give people the wrong impressions.

Of course, that also means a place in the Shogunate is out of the question...you must understand where i'm coming from here. You may be one of the most powerful factions on the continent, but for all we know, that could change tomorrow. And, of course, there is the potential matter of you selling us t the Ghosts or another power. Why you would do that is beyond me, but I am a cautious man. Before I would even consider it, several things must be done.

Empress-ERA[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    It could be anyone who is trying to kill me; no offense, but my first thoughts leapt to you and the Shogunate...

I can see about talking to Auron or the High-admiral of Nirva and see if they have spare resources, but sadly, there is no one in an position to help in any major capacity. Your friends already crippled House Askor.

When the messenger arrived, the Empress' face brightened visibly, but it was quickly replaced by the look of weariness she had carried this whole meeting. That is indeed good news. With any luck, we might actually succeed.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

ERA-Empress[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Yes, with luck we can pull this off. Unless you have any further issues to discuss I believe that this meeting can stop."

30. - Top - End - #300

Reborn Rhunic Shogunate

To the ERA (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Really, we would appreciate anything and everything you have on the Master, the people he's in contact with (like the mages), and any schemes or plans he has ongoing. The more information we have, the better the operation should go. It would be catastrophic if we wind up detected because the Maester is moving the mages or something of the sort.

Actually that is something that is possible enough that we should probably make a contingency for... He may have noticed our investigations of his network and could see fit to maneuver his more powerful assets to secure locations. Could you have your people keep in contact with mine about the progress of your portion of the operations? Relaying periodic messages about the set up and enaction of your attempt to Rhunic agents so we stay in the loop? Because if the Maester lives, things could quickly turn to civil war on the continent. He certainly still has the public support and can play the victim...

To the Darkened Realm (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kundarak follows Connor to the table, taking the offered seat. "While I certainly understand your desire to remain neutral, I'm unsure if it is possible in the world we live in. There are too many people who want power and will do anything to seize it. Of course, of everyone on the continent, your group is probably the ones that could best stay apart from it all."

With a sigh, Kundarak continues, "Unfortunately for myself, the Shogunate can't simply stand by as the continent goes down in flames. Too many people would die if we did, and whatever form of state could survive that chaos would be an abomination. Because we have some ability to try, we will continue attempting to restore and maintain order as bloodlessly as we can. As such, we thank you for the right of passage through your lands."

Quizzically, the spymaster continues, "What do you mean when you talk of the Maester's experiment?"