Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: TW: Shattered-Empire IC

To the Foundation
    Spoiler
    Show
    This should be good. Typical historic patterns are playing out, and a fairly normal stage in a life of a empire. From a objective view. Think of it as a cold or a fever on a nation scale.

Just keep us informed, and we'll help with the Tech.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

1st Legion
    morale: 2

To ERA [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

Your Scouts find the head of the messenger you sent to the 1st legion mounted on a pike in your lands. A search of the area reveals the rest of the body, or rather most of it. In the mouth of the head is a rolled up message. It says:

You speak with Bravado, but do not have the strength to back it up. You speak of justice and vengeance for the innocent, but none that we have slain have been innocent. Before this war the legion fought against various rebellions in the empire. All of these people fought against the just ruler of the land. All of them were traitors. Would you not punish any who betrayed you? The legion serves this purpose to the empire, and make no mistake it is a vital purpose.

You rebel, and say that you don't need the empire, but let me ask you something. Who paid for the roads you trade on, and even now use to sustain yourselves? Who reorganized the farming systems, doubling yields? Who provided the legions that kept you safe from outside invaders? Who provided the security that you could pass from one end of the world to the other without being attacked? The Empire provided all of this to you, and yet you revile those that made your lives so much better. This cannot be allowed to pass unpunished or else all the good the empire does would come undone.

You call us monsters? Well sometimes monsters are necessary to punish evil, for no one else is willing to so what is necessary. Would you allow traitors to go free, and your nation to fall simply because some would call you evil for punishing those already guilty?

OOC: send letters discreetly if you plan to insult the legion, as they will kill messengers that are openly insulting.

To the foundation [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

Indeed, we will be there shortly. If these mages are indeed denying the Empire its right to its own resources then we will enjoy crushing them.

To Lowlands Union [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

A letter arrives at your towns. It says the following:

It is good to hear from fellows loyal to the empire in these troubled times. It is also good to hear of areas that are relatively calm. We also look forward to further communications.

- General Anthony Octavius

To Conspiracy [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

We will likely be sending the majority of our forces up north to fight the ERA, should we be granted passage through the intervening territories. A smaller force may be sent south to aid the legions at Sentinel Watch, so that they are not overrun. We have yet to contact them however to see if the need our aid. Should they not we will simply send our entire force north to fight the ERA. We have no other plans for the moment.

To Legions at Sentinel Watch [2 or lower]
    Spoiler
    Show

How is the situation with the legions? Although the majority of our forces will be otherwise engaged in putting down a rebellion up North, we might be able to spare some forces to help you in your conflict. We have only heard rumors, and our scribes have been otherwise occupied. Where is Sentinel Watch in relation to us? Are there any significant intervening territories? If not and you need help we can provide some aid to you.
    Last edited by hydroplatypus; 2012-10-17 at 10:33 PM.
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Legions to 1st Legion[2](Foundation may read)
    Spoiler
    Show
    always good to hear from friendly forces in this day and age. I and my counterpart in the 75th Legion wont interfere but please be swift in your passage. you may be a fellow legion but things are crazy enough without the presence of additional legions, even for short periods of time. police-states are already being muttered about.

Sentinel watch to 1st Legion[2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    it is quite likely we will be overrun before long. the situation is as follows: we are heavilly outnumbered, undersupplied and most of our leadership staff is gone. hell, i'm only a militia captain and i have more experience than some of the Legion officers who are now in charge down here.

we will gladly accept any help you can give us. Godspeed general...

Captain Tomard: head of Sentinel Watch garrison

Southern merchants to House askor[1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    [the merchants are speaking on behalf of the peasants as well as themselves.]

the emperor is dead and hs daughter has either abandoned us or is dead herself. why must we continue to abide by the old ways? look at these peasants, until we came along they were poor and starving with no aid forthcoming...atleast this way they are properly.

Central provinces to House Askor[0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    many of the governors and legion commanders in the region agree to help establish the provisional council.

Celdrine Conspiracy[Open]
    Spoiler
    Show
    you recieve dozens of replies from all over the empire from those who are still supposedly loyal to the empire such as various legions, merchants, governors and even the ghosts who were the emperors intelligence service.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Foundation
    ESP-D: 4

"All conditions cleared. We've won."

"There is the possibility for our victory to become incomplete if two other conditions are met."

"Then let's ensure that they are not met."

To: Silverlode Contract [ESP-D: 3]
    Spoiler
    Show

The situation has reached its critical state. What would it cost to hire a small, yet skilled force to conduct a surprise attack?

To: ELA [ESP-D: 4]
    Spoiler
    Show

The legion has received its permission to march. They will be upon you shortly.

If you have any actions to take, now is the time.

If you should decide to stand and fight, we will welcome any civilians who wish to avoid the combat area.

To: Celdrine Conspiracy [ESP-D: 4]
    Spoiler
    Show

They have their route to the ELA. Thank you for agreeing to provide the alternate route, though, should relations have prevented their passage.

I feel that we will be working together soon.

To: The Deep Trolls [ESP-D: 4]
    Spoiler
    Show

The First Legion is marching northwards. They should be here shortly.

To: The First Legion [ESP-D: 2]
    Spoiler
    Show

We have received the excellent news. I look forward to seeing you shortly.

5. - Top - End - #35

BarbarianGuy

Khorax sighed: "Volatile... the situation at the moment is not just volatile, there is a rainbow of banners flowing"

To: The Foundation [ESP-D: 3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am glad, any help will be rewarded.
    Should this come to a reasonable ending I'm pretty sure we can talk about your project, our techmathurgos are very interested.

Since we are at it, do you have control of the Woods? Can you provide lumber if required?

To: The 1st Legion [ESP-D: 2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings Commander,
    I am the representative of the Imperial Coal mining operations in the Lhasa mines, and I beg for your help.
    A throng of hostile creatures are attacking them and we had to retire our workers, we are assembling a small force to try to take them back but we fear some bandits and traitors are to take advantage of the volatile situation against us and the loyalists in general.
    Please send some men to aid us in this dark hour.

To: The Silverlode Contract [ESP-D: 3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,
    The north matters are extremely complicated, as you may expect our mines attract a lot of unwanted attentions.
    We could use a hand against certain parties who wish to take them from us, if you can help us in the matter we may reward you with gold or fine crafted weapons from the mines themselves.

And, if you have more men for hire we would like a small contingent to help us secure the trade routes around the Lake of Blood, a spot which is of some interest to us.

To: The Union [ESP-D: 3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings from the Alliance,
    We are pleased to hear from you, but our distance troubles us about the possibility of safe delivery of goods.
    Do you have a presence in the Lake of Blood territory? Or do you ship your goods by the sea?

To: The Deep Trolls [public]
    A small scout party, crossing the border into Deep Trolls land

"We shouldn't have ventured this far from Paradigm One"
    "Shut your mouth, we are on a diplomatic mission! Raise that f***ng white flag HIGHER"
    "What are we looking for?"
    "*sbam!* you dumbass, it is WHO and they are rumored to be big folks. So do not anger them with your stupid mouth. There I see a settlement, onwards!"
    Last edited by Killerloop; 2012-10-18 at 09:57 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the Paragram One Scouts

"May I ask what you gentlemen are doing here?" The voice sudenly appears behind them.

"Also, just because we are Trolls does not mean we are uncivilized.

If they turn around, they are confronted with a humanoid figure. A stocky human 12 feet tall, with stony looking skin and molten orbs for eyes. Who's wearing well made work clothes and glasses.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37

The Spinning Coin Emporium

To ERA [ESP-D:3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings Generals of the Enlightened Revolutionary Army,

I seems that dire times await you with the 1st Legion marching north to crush all "heritics". I, Roonwicket Nuggetpicker, think that the Emporium might be able to help. I wont go into details since Im sure others will know of the contents of this message but I can assure you that if gold finds its way into the right pockets, anything can be done. We have that gold and Im sure we can make a deal that profits the both of us.

Roonwicket Nuggetpicker, Overseer of the Spinning Coin Emporium.

To the Novastorm Alliance [ESP-D:3]

Spoiler
    Show

Greetings Sir/Madam,

It has come to my attention that you are having some "ownership" issues considering some mines in your territory. My agents are intercepted several messages concerning this issue, namely some interesting ones from the Foundation, and I am sure the Emporium can be of service. As experts in both Magic and Technology you might be able to help us. It would be wise to discuss certain details in a more secure location.

Roonwicket Nuggetpicker, Overseer of the Spinning Coin Emporium

To the Lowlands Union [ESP-D:3]

Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings Mayor Greenbloom,

I, Roonwicket Nuggetpicker, wish to extend a hand in the hope we might be trade partners. The lowlands are a beautiful region and we wish to keep it that way. If there is something you need, do not hesitate to ask. We can provide about everything.

Roonwicket Nuggetpicket, Overseer of the Spinning Coin Emporium

To Royal House Askor [ESP-D:3]

Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings House Askor,

We have read your concerns and hope you do not have the same opinion about the Spinning Coin Emporium. We have been merchants for generations. We assure you that we have never or will take advantage of the common folk. I hope we can trade or provide services for Royal House Askor in the future.

Roonwicket Nuggetpicker, Overseer of the Spinning Coing Emporium

To the Great Fair [ESP-D:3 or less]

Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings fellow businessmen,

Although the Spinning Coin Emporium had business with the Great Fair on a small scale we would like to expand trade. I am sure both the Fair and the Emporium can profit from this.

Roonwicket Nuggetpicker, Overseer of the Spinning Coin Emporium

To Sentinel Watch [ESP-D:3 or less]

Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings Captain,

Word of your troubles has reached the Spinning Coin Emporium. We would like to negotiate a deal. We can provide about everything you might need given enough time or ofcourse gold. Should Sentinel Watch be interested send us a message or send a representative to our trade hub.

To Malarae (Imperial Capitol) [ESP-D:3]

Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings Esteemed Leaders of the Imperial Capitol,

Although times are dire, we would like to open a trade hub within the city. I am sure the Emporium can help on several fronts like water, food, horses, weapons and whatever is needed. Should you be interested please let us know or send a representative to our main trade hub on the most southern island of Merchant`s Haven.

Last edited by Umbranar; 2012-10-18 at 02:40 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38

BarbarianGuy

To: The Spinning Coin Emporium [ESP-D: 3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings sir, I am Khorax, Khola of the Novastorm Alliance... which is the roughly equivalent of 'ruler'.
    We welcome the chance of making business with you. Please feel free to send a delegation to Paradigm One for private discussions.

Rest assured, no unwanted ear can listen into the halls of Paradigm One

To: 86th and 87th legions, somewhere in the Lake of Blood region [ESP-D: ??]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings commanders,
    I bring you words from the loyal city of Paradigm One, capital of the Novastorm Alliance.
    Our loyalty is pledged to the Emperor, alive or dead matters not.

It is in our best interests that the Lake of Blood becomes a viable trade route again, as such we are about to send a small contigent to help you secure the location.
    As you might not recognize the banners our troops are easily recognizable by the mages that will accompany them: shaved tattooed foreheads and long red robes.

We look forward to the common goal.

To: The Deep Trolls [public]

"Whoa!" the scouts unsheathed their swords and turned around to face the being behind them.
    "Apologies sir, we mean no harm" said the sergeant, dropping his sword to the ground, the rest of the team immediately followed.
    "Our mission is to explore this part of the land and try to make contact with the local population which is unknown to us. Can you bring us to your leader? We have a message to deliver"
    Last edited by Killerloop; 2012-10-18 at 09:25 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Spinning Coin ESP-D:3
    Spoiler
    Show
    We shall give you wealth if you shall give us high quality weapons. We could give you other services as well though at the moment most of our energy is going into stopping 1st legion.

Foundation ESP-D: 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    We shall fight against 1st legion. The situation is very grave and we do not have any resources that are not to be used for the upcoming battle. We would appreciate any aid you give us though we understand that you do not want to fight against 1st legion.

10. - Top - End - #40

The Spinning Coin Emporium

To ERA [ESP-D:3]

Spoiler
    Show
    Weapons are easy even high-quality ones. I might be able to deliver something more original but that depends on my other contacts. I was thinking along the way of Golems? I was about to try and get some for my personnal safety but I guess we can send the first batch to your lands.

To the NovaStorm Alliance [Private]

Spoiler
    Show
    A group of farmers seem to pass by your base, only a hundred feet away from your guards. They seem to herd sheep across the land. A gnome suddenly stands before your guards with a grin on his face. He introduces himself as Argus Nuggetpicker, son of Roonwicket Nuggetpicker and he`s here on business with the Khola.

The Emporium has a simple offer, Khola. Your technical and magical prowess should be able to create golems, if with the help of Emporium engineers and mages. In return we offer gold and information. Such as the Foundation trying to contract Mercenaries to claim the mines. There are more factions involved but we can not spill all we know for free.

(OOC - Trade Suggestion: X temp Tech and X temp Magic for X temp Wealth and X temp Esp.)

11. - Top - End - #41

AssassinGuy

1st Legion

To Central Provinces Legions
    Spoiler
    Show

We thank you for allowing us passage. We do not intend to stay in your provinces any longer than necessary for transit.

To Sentinel Watch Garrison
    Spoiler
    Show

Very well, we will send what we can spare very soon. While not our full force it should help to some extent.

To Novastrom
    Spoiler
    Show

We were earlier contacted by the foundation earlier about clearing out the same mines, which they claim belong to them. I believe they also mentioned disloyal mages were trying to claim the mines as their own. Would you happen to be those mages?
    "The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else" - Eliezer Yudkowsky

12. - Top - End - #42

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Foundation

"Condition two is being worked towards."

"Can we stop it?"

"We don't have to."

To: Novastorm Alliance [ESP-D: 3]
    Spoiler
    Show

Our project is simple, and addresses our needs. Yours as well, if I am not mistaken.

We need military power, but don't have much time nor manpower with which to gain it. Therefore, our alchemists and researchers are investigating methods by which golems might be produced.

As for wood, we yet obey the imperial logging restrictions, leaving wood in relatively short supply. That might change, depending on how regulations change, but for now wood will remain scarce.

Finally, regarding the mines, I've been looking over the maps and I believe that I've found my colleague's error. It would appear that we've both been claiming the mines in question as within our sphere of influence. This would appear to have lead to two critical misunderstandings, firstly regarding your allegiance, and secondly regarding projected future actions. For this, I apologize, though I will ask why you have seen fit not to respond to House Askor's request.

As for the mines themselves, I would like to suggest a compromise, as per the second deal that my colleague wished to make to you behind closed doors. Simply put, we both claim to be a part of the Empire. Why aren't we acting like it?

To: ERA [ESP-D: 3]
    Spoiler
    Show

Unfortunately, we are restricted from acting directly against the legion. Information, we can provide. Humanitarian aid, we can provide. Military support? That goes far enough beyond our oaths as to make us the legion's next target. Sorry.

Our offer from before yet stands, however. Anyone who seeks refuge from the coming battle is welcome within our lands.
    Last edited by NM020110; 2012-10-18 at 09:29 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Royal House Askor

To the Union
    Spoiler
    Show

We'll respect your isolation. We ask only that if an army invades the empire you join in its defense, and if an emperor is put in place you kneel.

To The Spinning Coin Emporium
    Spoiler
    Show

Our statements were aimed at those merchants stirring up rebellion, not the Emporium. Our close relationship will continue.

To Southern Merchants
    Spoiler
    Show

The Empire is more than the leaders, but the sum of all those loyal to freedom. There is no doubt that these are dark times for us, but to use the unrest to kill, steal, and manipulate those that are not as well off is low.

And that is not even counting the foreign threat. They are sitting at our borders waiting for oppurtuists like yourselves to gain a foothold and wear the empires resources down. You may feel you are doing a great thing arming desperate men, but you are being played by enemies abroad.

The Foundation
    Spoiler
    Show

I like that outlook. I feel ashamed I didn't see the empire in the same light.

14. - Top - End - #44

BarbarianGuy

The Novastorm Alliance

To: The Spinning Coin Emporium [Private, GM Only]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Dear Argus Nuggetpicker, please have a seat and refreshments while we talk business." said Khorax to his guest.

"We are aware of the treacherous actions of The Foundation and we are taking measures against them, but confirmation never hurts.
    About our trade... we are willing to cooperate with you, just wait a minute while my scribes draft a proper contract...

To: The 1st Legion [ESP-D: 2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have an enclave of mages but... traitors? Us? We are not the ones asking an imperial legion to murder a 'disloyal' (by their own judgement) city of imperial citizens to protect mines we claim as ours! We asked your help against wild monsters.

Our purpose is to keep the ore flow running and pay our due to the ruling body as soon as its power is restored.

To: The Foundation [ESP-D: 3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    How do you know our relations with House Askor? Are you spying our communications?
    And.. a simple 'cartographer error'? The one you just used to call down the might of the 1st imperial legion on us? and call us disloyal to the Emperor?

You can keep your apologies and projects to yourself, you do not deserve to be trusted and our negotiations are over.

We shall meet in person, very soon.
    Last edited by Killerloop; 2012-10-18 at 10:10 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45

AssassinGuy

1st legion

To Novastorm [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

Hmm... It appears that the situation up north is more complicated than we thought. We apologize for our prior insinuations. As the foundation appears to have been dishonest with us we would appreciate your explanation for this dispute, as well as the situation in the region. With more information we could better decide what we should do when we reach the region. We should be at the foundations borders as soon as we finish with the ERA, so we shall be there relatively soon. We would appreciate to get both sides of the story in order to avoid making a rash decision.

regardless of who owns the mines we will help clear out the monsters there. After all, they are clearly not loyal imperial citizens.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Deep Trolls to the Novastorm Alliance
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Very well. Let me just open up the tunnel."

As the Troll twists the branch of a nearby tree, a mechanical click is heard, and a trapdoor opens up right near where you are standing, with stairs leading down, and the occasional smokeless light source.

"Come in. While we would rather we didn't have any, we will show hospitality to those that show up. Also, the Deep Sage has been intrested in some of the Paragram One mechanical designs for a few decades."

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Foundation

"They've taken the third solution."

"Very well, then. Unleash the secret weapon."

"Wait, what?"

"Truth, sir. Truth."

To: The First Imperial Legion [ESP-D: 2], Novastorm Alliance [ESP-D: 3]
    Spoiler
    Show

My predecessor...and I myself, I suppose, have done a terrific job of bungling things, haven't we? As the Novastorm Alliance, as they call themselves, have finally seen fit to clearly declare their allegiance, I'd like to offer a formal apology for our actions, and an explanation. First, though, I feel that all involved parties should have a full view of the situation. To that end, we are allowing the First Legion access to the logs of our communications with the Novastorm alliance.

Now for an explanation of the past actions which have occured in this region, starting from the beginning. 1.65 centuries ago, this Foundation was created by agreement between the various factory managers, farmers, mine managers, and other industrialists in this region to ensure efficient management of the region's industrial capacity. Foremost among the facilities in this region were the Lhusu mines. 1.5 centuries ago, Factory One was established to effectively produce equipment and tools from the ore coming out of the mines.

This arrangement was not disrupted until the Emperor's Death, resulting in the present chaos. Due to the various creatures presently occupying the mines, we have been seeking aid from the factions in the region, in order to retake the mines. One of the factions which we contacted was an order of mages, which we now know as the Novastorm Alliance. Upon our contacting them, they claimed that the mines were within their territory, and that any movement into the territory which they claimed would be treated as a declaration of war.

As the Lhusu Mines and the surrounding lands are imperial territory, and since we have been working these lands for the empire for more than a century, we concluded that the Novastorm Alliance was an anti-imperial faction, seeking to deny the empire the resources of the Lhusu mines. It was based on this misunderstanding that the aid of the First Imperial Legion was requested to assist in the taking of the mines.

Once the mistake was realized, a message was sent apologizing for the mistake. Unfortunately, this message has been rebuffed by the Novastorm Alliance. Based on the content of their reply, it is presently believed that they wish to declare war upon the Foundation.

In order to forestall the destruction of resources, which would be better put to use preventing the Empire's fall, in this predicted conflict, I would like to request that the First Legion serve as a mediator between ourselves and the Novastorm Alliance. As I asked at the end of the letter of apology, we're all members of this Empire. Why aren't we acting like it?

As for the question posed in the last message, yes, we have been spying upon your communications since you came to be considered a hostile faction. I'll repose my question, why haven't you sent notification of your loyalty, as was requested by House Askor?

18. - Top - End - #48

AssassinGuy

1st legion

To Foundation and Novastorm [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

The explanation of the situation is certainly enlightening, as is the access to the archives. The legion will however wait to hear the Nova-storm perspective of the situation before making any commitments.

19. - Top - End - #49

To the Novastorm Alliance (ESP-D 3)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings from the Union
    We are attempting to resolve difficulties in shipping at this moment. However your response was not an answer. Does our deal interest you?

On a side note what are your thoughts on the ERA? They are quite a brazen group.

To the Deep Trolls (ESP-D 5)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings from the Union
    Our knowledge of you is sketchy at best. We know you only because we wanted to know how the empire advanced so far ahead of us.

This is not the reason for this contact this time. We wanted to know how expensive it would be to ship goods past you.

To the Thalitean Cults (ESP-D 7)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings from the Union
    We are contacting you at this time to inquire to the costs of shipping past your land?

To House Askor (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings from the Union
    We would stand by the empire if it is attacked and we will accept and welcome the emperor when the new one takes the throne. On this note some of the people to the south have given us some reason to worry about attempts at subversion. We won't act until we have confirmation but if we can find it would you support us in battle.

We wish to inquire to the costs of shipping past your land. We have wish to maintain trade lines to insure our future prosperity.

To the Foundation (ESP-D 4)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings from the Union
    We are contacting you at this time to inquire to the costs of shipping through your land.

To the lands near the Union (ESP-D 7 or probably less)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings from the Union
    We wish to deliver an invintation to join the Union or an Alliance with the Union in an effort to protect us against more agressive groups. This invitation will stand indefinitely.

We will not take agressive action and only wish to support the outlying areas of the empire to ensure a quick recovery for the empire in whole.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

To Spinning Coin Emporium [ESP-D:3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Golems would be useful. Anything that you can provide we would like. Weapons and golems would be good.

21. - Top - End - #51

WolfInSheepsClothing

The Foundation

"It is done. We need merely wait."

"A new message has come in. We begin with the post-war operations."

To: Lowlands Union [ESP-D: 4]
    Spoiler
    Show

We're a member of the Empire. So far as we know, there is no tariff on the flow of goods internally.

22. - Top - End - #52

BarbarianGuy

The Novastorm Alliance

To: The Deep Trolls [private]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We can certainly trade, we are looking for allies so a military force would be really prized.

To: The Union [ESP-D:3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Apologies, we had grave matters at hand.
    Your offer interests us, what kind of technology interests you?

About the ERA... At the moment we haven't made contact with them, they are considered traitors and we are dealing heavily with Imperial legions.

Do you have dealings with them?

To: 1st Legion [ESP-D: 2] and To: The Foundation [ESP-D: 3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is outrageous.

Why in hell do we have to tell you why or how we answered to a certain message of certain people. Not to mention the fact that knowing such informations means undergoing espionage on our communications.

Still, you unilaterally decided that we are a rebel faction and called help from the 1st Legion implying that we are traitors. And all this while discussing collaboration for a tech project!!

Now, with your plots exposed, you call for peace? you dare ask us why we aren't behaving like citizen of the Empire?
    Ask yourself first: are you the Emperor? no, are you his judges? no, have you a legal legitimate claim on the mines: NO! Working on them doesn't grant ownership.

You are just a bunch of spies and liars, any agreement with you would be just paper and ink with no honor behind it.

As such, and with the 1st Legion knowing this, we claim the Lhasa Mines under our protectorate, as the only honorable faction near them.
    We will manage production and offer assistance to any loyalist force requiring it.
    This until a new ruling body gets reinstated, at that point we will relish our claims in favor of the new Emperor.

Any member of your faction, woman or man, is strictly banned from the mines and the nearest area. Novastorm forces are enroute to enforce this edict.

Stay away or we will shatter you.
    Last edited by Killerloop; 2012-10-20 at 03:42 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Deep Trolls

To the Lowland Union
    Spoiler
    Show

Diffrent choices we supose. Or diffrent economic factors at diffrent times, possibly enviromental effects. We didn't do a study.

As for shiping goods above your holdings, go ahead. Frankly, so long as you don't cause trouble, we don't care.

To the Novastorm Alliance
    Spoiler
    Show

Our millitary is almost purel defensive, and is made of fortifcations and stationary defences. We prefer to wait, and watch the outside world. The only reason we only joined the Empire in the first place was because a adventuerur found us, and once those creep in, you either join or get overrun by looters.

In anycase, we've always wondered how your magitech works, in reguards to the magical componet. The current theroy is that it's a form of psycoreactive energy matrix.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54

AssassinGuy

1st Legion

To Civil Watch, Southern Legions [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

To Civil Watch
    We have recently become aware of your organizations existence, and wish to establish contact with you. Your goals of protecting the central empire is worthy of praise, and it is at least in part thanks to you that we have hope of restoring the empire.

We would like to make a recommendation to you however. The legions in the south are failing to hold back the rebels, with the rebels coming to the borders of the central provinces. Although the first legion will be sending some forces to help these legions the majority of our forces are required to deal with the larger ERA rebellion up north. It would be in your own best interests to help the southern legions push back against the rebels, so that they do not advance into the territories you protect. At least until I have the opportunity to send the legions against these rebels. Can the southern legions count on your support?

To Ghosts [2]
    Spoiler
    Show

We are delighted to hear that your organization has survived the downfall of the empire, and are glad to finally be able to contact you. As we both share the goal of reestablishing the empire it seems like a good idea to work together. Is there any light you can shed on the situation with the mines up north? It seems like a complete mess from our perspective.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Civil-Watch to 1st Legion
    Spoiler
    Show
    we agree with your words, the legions must hold but i am afraid we simply dont have the military forces to spare. at best we would only be able to spare some morale support at this time.

[they dont have any large military force. their biggest strength is morale and REP]

Ghosts to 1st legion
    Spoiler
    Show
    your messenger returns empty handed. he knows where the Ghosts are rumoured to be gathered but he cant seem to arrange a delivery with them. probably because he doesnt know whos a ghost and whos not...

Southern merchants to House Askor
    Spoiler
    Show
    we are not worried about these foreign powers. we are confident they are reasonable people and will accept diplomacy

to Lowlands Union[0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    none of the surrounding factions are really interested in merging with you at this time.

26. - Top - End - #56

AssassinGuy

1st legion

To Civil Watch
    Spoiler
    Show

Very well. Although any resources of any kind would likely help with the southern legions. Even anything you could do to improve soldier morale would likely work wonders for the performance of the soldiers. I sincerely hope that the legions, as well as what I can spare to help them will be able to hold out against the rebels.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Celdrine Conspiracy

To other factions of the Imperial City
    Spoiler
    Show
    Due to the present chaos and the fact that the Imperial Line is apparently extinct or as by deed abdicated all claim to the throne, myself and a group of concerned citizens and officials will be constituting a provisional government. We welcome all support in securing the City, and will ensure that the words of anyone who provides such is given weight in proportion to their deeds.

Tribune Populares Antyllus Celdras

To Ghosts
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming that their response means I have a way to talk to them, a message is sent requesting any and all knowledge the can provide about the current state of the Empire
    Spoiler
    Show

played the Space Pope in Total War 2125
    ..and the Papal States of Luna in Total War 2260

Playing
    The Gears Chosen in Total Way: Broken City

The Spindleshanks Crusade in Total War: 40K

Dragon Avatar by Serp

Darkness Fell, and with it Light

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

To the territories between me and 1st legion
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are probably aware that 1st legion intends to use your land as a battle ground so that they can destroy me. They probably are feeding you lies about how "this must be done for the good of the empire". There actions will not help the empire. They will destroy the land land and get the common people even more angry at them. You know this is true, you cannot recall any of there campaigns which ended without dozens of destroyed fields and burned towns. You do not want them on your land to fight their war. You make think that if you refuse them they will attack you but that is not the case. The answer to house Askor and surely you could explain to Askor that you didn't want them fighting a war on your land and that you thought that they might be trying to take the capitol region for themselves.

29. - Top - End - #59

Royal House Askor (DESP 4)

To Ghosts
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: They responded to my earlier message, so I am assuming I can talk to them.

We are currently trying to deal with the rebellion in the south. We are willing to pay for any information you have on the rebel forces (size, location, source of funding, leaders). We have reason to think Maester Melkar is involved, but we have no proof or knowledge of his whereabouts.

~ Lord Jancor

To Southern Merchants
    Spoiler
    Show

So you expect invading foreign armies to be diplomatic but the only way of dealing with the rightful rulers is to fight them?

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Southern merchants to House Askor[1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    we have had many dealings with these nations, and they appear to be reasonable people. more reasonable than the extinct imperial house that is...

Malarae to Celdrine Conspiracy[0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    many of the Legions and local militia companies appear ready to support such a goverment for the time being.

Current events[open]
    Spoiler
    Show
    it appears that the territories between the 1st Legion and the ERA are split. 1st Legion requests permission to pass through while the ERA requests that their right of passage be revoked. the Legions are obviously in favor of the 1st Legion but the general populace of the territories are siding with the ERA.