Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: TW: Shattered-Empire IC

ERA
    To Emporium[3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Damn the Imperial nobles, we shall help you be rid of them as soon as possible. Hopefully the Thalitean Cults can assist you as well.

To Free Kingdoms[6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Our forces no being used against 1st legion shall be used to assist you.

Thalitean Cults[6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We hope that the demons below will the fall of Askor soon, there can be no peace as long as Askor stands.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Reborn Rhunic Shogunate
    Morale: 7

To the ERA (6)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The message recently sent from Auron to myself contains information that you should probably be worried about.

As well, how many of your resources did you put towards breaking the will of the 1st Legion?

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

ERA

To Reborn Rhunic Shogunate [6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    This alliance between the Ghosts and Auron is disturbing. What should be done about it? Those ghost probably have intercepted these messages so we should guard our tongues.

To break 1st legion moral we conjured menacing clouds above their land.

OOC: 5 magic and a VIP assisting it.

4. - Top - End - #184

Reborn Rhunic Shogunate

Modified message 23:22, 2-6-13.

To the ERA (6)
    Spoiler
    Show
    They are not allied, so far as I am aware. And the Shogunate does not view the Ghosts as our enemy. We each are pursuing order through our own methods, though whether they view us as acting in opposition to their plans for the continent or not, we do not know, though I expect they approve of my intentions to ensure food reaches the public as a whole next month.

What should be more concerning to you is the Ghosts plan that requires the capital. Based on recent events and the circumstances involved, we expect that it will have something to do with the Imperial heir. If this is correct, and in the possibility that she has been found by the Ghosts and brought back to restore the Empire, then she will need Malarae to be reclaimed as the capital, for the sake of the people seeing the continuation of order. With that, there will be a natural need for them to control the lands surrounding the city, for the sake of protecting the throne, which will bring them into conflict with yourself.

While such a conflict of intentions can be soothed by a peaceful resolution, considering your previous actions against the Empire and the two of your powers' diametrically opposed philosophies, violence is rather likely. We will personally do whatever is in our power to avoid war with a remade Empire, considering the chaos that would ensue from such a conflict and the harm that will occur on the public. As your ally, we felt that warning you of such a possibility was our duty, so that you may deliberate on your course of actions and prepare for whatever path you choose to take.
    -Emperor Osric

OOC: What about the assassination attempt?
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2013-02-07 at 12:36 AM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

ERA to Reborn Rhunic Shogunate[6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be willing to negotiate peace with an Imperial heir if one appears in Malarae. We might be able to give up the lands surrounding Malarae in exchange for some land elsewhere or a peace treaty.

OOC: 9 espionage and 1 wealth.

6. - Top - End - #186

Royal House Askor

To Deep Trolls (DESP 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

We are troubled by the cults as well, unfortunetly with their talons in the low lands union we cannot fight them off. Is there some assistance you can provide to keep them at bay? We had plans for some mutual benifit with the foundation to help route the fanatics, but the foundation doesn't seem to keen on helping us out.
    Last edited by HerbieRAI; 2013-02-08 at 03:10 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Beginning of Turn 6
    She will be loved
    Nirvan Rebellion gains steam: On Nirva Island, the rebellion, led by the "real" High-Admiral, gains steam and makes several decisive moves against loyalist forces. The general populace is at a loss of who to support. Both admirals seem to look the same. Who is the true leader?

Shogunate Victory: In the north, the RRS has succesfully crushed the Foundation. Though not in the expected manner...In an attempt to spite the Shogunate, the Foundation transferred all its assets to the ERA. Much was intercepted by Shogunate troops but enough made it to the ERA to make the Shogunate very unhappy.

In related news, the Foundations High-Council has spoken out against the invasion and is calling for all imperial factions to drive out the Shogunate.

Fortifications: House Askor spent this month building up. Miles of fortifications are being built along its borders, including a fort on their beach-head within Emporium lands.

Rumours say that the Spinning Coin merchants are considering a peace-treaty. This blockade is hurting their business.

Shogunate Railroad: The RRS has succesfully constructed a rail system connecting its territories. This has greatly increased the speed of trade and could allow troops more mobility should anyone attack their holdings.

Reclaiming of the Lhusu Mines: An alliance between the Shogunate and the Deep-Trolls has succesfully driven out the orc's from the Lhusu Mines. By this point, the RRS has complete control over both of the biggest sources of raw materials on the continent.

Fall of the 1st Legion: The ERA has finally ended its conflict with the feared 1st Legion. General Octavious has returned to the imperial city of Malarae in disgrace, but is vowing revenge against the ERA for making a mockery of him and thelegion he built pretty much from scratch.

Return of the heir
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Imperial Council had been summoned to a meeting in Malarae by the Ghosts of all people. representitives from all over the empire had arrived, each bringing with them as many troops as possible, turning the neigborhoods adjacent to the council chambers into what looked to be an armed military camp. Everyone was curious as to the reasons for this emergency council session(if the Ghosts had issued the summons then it was an indeed an emergency) and rumours abounded.

For all the show that everyone had made with their forces parading through the streets, it all fell far short of a company of red-cloaked mercenaries marching down the cobbled avenues of the main street. At the head of the procession was a figure known to just about everyone...Auron! In the center of the company was a large carriage clearly made for royalty. Once the mercenaries had reached the doors to the chambers they quickly fanned out and formed a perimeter between the gathering crowds of people and the doors.

---

Royal heir! That cry quickly spread throughout the chamber as she walked in through the door, flanked by a pair of grim-faced Ghost's whose hands never strayed far from their sword hilts. Not far behind the Ghosts were Sir Auron and another hooded figure. Luserina, the emperor's heir, was rather unremarkable to say the least. dressed in a simple peasants gown, her shoulder-length black hair hung loosely. Despite this, she carried herself with an air of dignity no one in the room could match.

Upon coming to the podium at the front of the room, she whispered something to the hooded figure before looking over the assembly. As some of you likely know, I am Luserina, the heir to the imperial throne which was vacated when my father was assassinated in the dead of night by unknown parties. She paused, gathering her thoughts before continueing. I took my fathers top advisors, those I knew I could trust with my life, and fled to...Well, where is not important at the moment. I fled to protect the long-term stability of the empire. If I had stayed then I could very well be dead right about now, which would've doomed the empire and everything my father worked for. During my journey here to the city and the month spent with my loyal supporters, the Ghosts, I spent much time in catching up with what has happened during my self-imposed exile. As things stand now, I believe it will be tough, but we will pull through this and not only survive, but thrive, in these troubled times. But I can not do this alone and we must unite or fall. I realize many of you may have unsetteled grievances with eachother, but I urge all of you to put those behind you and lend me your support. For I will need as much help as possible if things are to be set right. And with that, she would pause and allow others to speak.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

To Imperial Heir [public]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The ERA would be willing to consider a peace treaty. A war with you would be horrible for this region and we are hopeful that you will be a better ruler than your father.

To RRS
    Spoiler
    Show
    We assure you that we played no part in the Foundation giving us their wealth, it is ironic that they gave us their wealth as they ordered the imperials to attack you. How do you feel about the heir in Malarae?

To everyone[public]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Enlightened Revolutionary Army is proud to announce the destruction of 1st legion. A great force of evil has been driven from the world.

9. - Top - End - #189

Royal House Askor

To the Spinning Coin (DESP 4)
    Spoiler
    Show

With the re-appearance of the Royal Heir I feel it may be time to stop this war before it gets any worse. We know of your assistance to the ERA right after the Emporer was assinated. We are too distant to help them in their fights, but we marched to stop your assistance to the enemy. We believe there may be peace between us now that the heir has shown herself. Are you willing to come to the table and discuss terms?

(OOC: in the first turn posts 37 ,39, and 40)

Royal Heir Reveal
    Spoiler
    Show

Regius tries to be the first to stand.
    House Askor is still strong in the South, and we believe we can keep that region in the Empire. The Askor Family will support anything you decree your Highness. What do you feel our actions should be?

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Spinning Coin-House Askor
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are willing to discuss terms of a treaty.

Royal Heir-ERA[Public]
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you agree to halt your current expansion into imperial territories and pledge to support me in restoring order to the empire, then I am willing to overlook past actions on your part.

Royal Heir Revealed
    Spoiler
    Show
    The heir hesitated a moment before responding to Regius Askor. While the Free Kingdoms are certainly the greatest external threat to imperial stability, I think our first goal should be restoring order to the lands still under imperial control.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

To Royal Heir[public]
    Spoiler
    Show
    What does "restoring order to the empire" mean?

12. - Top - End - #192

Royal House Askor

To the Spinning Coin
    Spoiler
    Show

The First question will be, are you willing to join the empire. We will not push the topic, but if you are willing it will make the disscussion of peace a lot easier.

13. - Top - End - #193

Reborn Rhunic Shogunate

To the Heir (7)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You have referenced "Imperial lands" in a number of your statements, but that is a rather vague label. What precise territories do you consider Imperial and intend to restore order to?

-Emperor Osric

To the ERA (7)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We harbor no ill will towards you for the spiteful actions of the Foundation cowards. Surrendering and calling on others to fight their war... Pathetic.

The return of the heir could either mean the continent being brought to order or chaos, depending on her view of the two of us. What she claims as Imperial lands will show which path will be taken.

-Emperor Osric

To those contacted in the previous turn about the Lake of Blood (3?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Shogunate shall divert its forces in order to secure the trade routes of the region and ensure a famine is staved off. We ask for whatever aid you can give, both in assets and access.

-Emperor Osric

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

The Imperial Heir[Public]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I believe our first step should be to deal with the situation in the Lake of Blood. The fighting and bandit activity has only been getting worse over the past months and because of that, food stores in many parts of the empire are dwindling, causing the price to skyrocket. If we could restore the flow of supplies across our most important trade-routes, the economy could begin to recover and the lot of the common folk would be greatly improved.

Ghosts(Heir)-Nirva Island[8]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Uncle, I plan to send a small task-force of my Ghosts to assist your intelligence agents against this clone. I owe you everything and will do everything in my power to help you.

-Your loving niece, Luserina

[The High-Admiral is not technically her uncle of course but they are close nonetheless. More a term of endearment than anything else.]

Spinning-Coin Emporium-House Askor
    Spoiler
    Show
    We have nothing against the empire and are glad to see the heir has returned. However, we are just a group of independent merchants, not warlords or landowners, and see no reason to actually swear our allegiance to the empire.

15. - Top - End - #195

Reborn Rhunic Shogunate

To the Imperial Heir (7)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Shogunate already has plans to deploy some of its forces to restore food shipments in the Lake of Blood. As a gesture of good will between our two powers, would you be willing to work together with us in this endeavor?

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Imperial Heir-Shogunate
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I am willing to accept any help I can get at the moment. I have a feeling i'll need it.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

To Imperial Heir
    Spoiler
    Show
    What does "restoring order the the empire" mean? As empress what will your plans be for the empire? Before we can work out a treaty or agreement we'll have to know that you'll be better than your father.

18. - Top - End - #198

Reborn Rhunic Shogunate

To the Pegasus Mercs / Blood Legions (3)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings to the defenders of the Lake of Blood,

As I have informed you before, the Shogunate is deploying our soldiers to eliminate the bandits and monsters that have arisen in your province. I request that the two of you put aside your feud for a single month so as to prevent thousands from starving. You can return to killing each other after the shipping routes are secured for all I care, I simply ask that you don't interfere with my plans.

I would of course greatly appreciate your direct aid but, at the least, avoid fighting around Rhunic forces.
    -Emperor Osric

To the Deep Trolls (7)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are you still interested in exchanging your Prototype Smokepowder Weapons for our Rail Network tech?

We also now have the Foundation's Golemcraft: Generation III Stone, if you are interested in either purchasing it or trading other technologies. We are implementing them into our armies and economy this month.

And on an unrelated note, what plans do you have in the coming months? Continuing research and development? Any opinions of the heir's return?

To the ERA (7)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The offer to trade for Golemcraft or the Rail Network technology extends to you as well. Any interest?

And we are also curious as to your plans. With you proposing peace with the Imperials, I am unsure of what you intend to do. Fortify the central province and secure greater control over it? Or are you hoping to continue freeing the people of the continent?
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2013-02-21 at 06:09 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

To RRS [7]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We proposed peace with the heir because it would be in our long term interest. We have the land we need to build our better society. If the imperials don't infringe upon it then we will be fine. Because of our willingness to try new ideas our nation will be superior to the remains of the empire. Our first system of government might turn out horribly, if it does we find a better one, this process continues until we have found a system on governing vastly superior to what the empire has. The people of the empire will recognize our nations superiority and migrate to our lands, if the empire tries to stop them they will fail, no government can resist the will of the people for long. The empire will fall and the people who lived under it's tyranny will adopt our superior system of government. The empire will have been destroyed and the continent will enter an era of enlightenment under whatever superior system we find to work.

In response to our offer of peace the heir demanded that we help restore stability to the empire. We are not sure what that means though it sounds like repressing the will of the people and potentially giving up our lands. We asked for clarification the heir did not respond.

We would be interested in GolemCraft and RailNetwork, we are not sure what to give you in exchange. We could try to teach some dwarves magic (spend magic to increase your magic stat) since it is a lost art to your people?

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Deep Trolls

To the Reborn Rhunic Shogunate
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would be intrested in the rail technology, as it would further some experiments we've been thinking of with automotive engineering.

As for golems, we do not use them. Or, at the very least, we do not use magical contructs at all, instead our focus is going to be on several types of alloy.

As for the heir, so long as they leave us alone, we don't care over much for poltics. While we are not strictly isolationist, we do realize that the struggle is between the shogunate and the empire, and always, we will remain impartial.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

21. - Top - End - #201

Reborn Rhunic Shogunate

To the ERA (7)
    Spoiler
    Show
    In exchange for the Rail Networks technology, I will say a loan of any combination of 11 stats for next month would suffice. The Shogunate will be putting down criminals in the Lake of Blood, and more assistance would be appreciated, to ensure shipping routes are secured. 11 is the number we invested to create it, and I believe that is a fair price.

The Golem tech was being sold by the Foundation for 18 Wealth, but we will accept any stats for it.

If you have any technologies yourself or anything else to offer, I would be happy to negotiate.

-Emperor Osric

To the Deep Trolls (7)
    Spoiler
    Show
    From what our sages can tell, the Lhusan Ore has innate magical properties. We are unaware of any other uses as of yet.

So you will accept Rail Networks in exchange for the Prototype Smokepowder Weapons? Do you have any other technologies you would be willing to trade?

-Emperor Osric

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Pegasus Archery Company/Blood Legions-RRS
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We will do our best to avoid fighting on the trade-routes or near any Shogunate forces. However, our opponents may not see things the same way and will likely hinder your operations.

Imperial Heir-ERA
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I would appreciate it if you would kindly cease your insulting comments about my father and his rule...He was a great man and didn't deserve this...

Restoring order to the empire means exactly what it sounds like. I will do everything possible to ensure all this infighting and bloodshed ends as well as ensuring my people are safe."

23. - Top - End - #203

Reborn Rhunic Shogunate

Pegasus Archery Company / Blood Legions (3)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shogun Madhammer:
    Allow me to clarify the position of my liege. If your fighting results in any harm to my forces, or any assets of the Shogunate or allies, we will take it as a formal declaration of war and will respond in kind. Not only are you guilty for the dereliction of your duty as the guardians of the Lake, you are choosing vengeance over saving thousands of lives. At the least, you can murder each other in a way that does not further damage the stability of the continent any more so than you have already done.

To the Deep Trolls (7)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The reason we ask for your future plans is because we have been considering restoring order to the Novastorm's former territory in the coming months, and hoped it would not interfere with your own goals. Once it is liberated, the two of us could connect our rail networks together for increased trade. Do you intend to leave your underground and expand your own domain?

Our current focus is on securing the food shipments through the Lake of Blood to avoid famine this month, but we have kept an eye to the future.
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2013-02-22 at 02:27 AM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

ERA to Imperial Heir
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, but you said that we would have to pledge to support you in restoring order to the empire. We want to know if you will use our pledge to attempt to force us to murder rebels, conquer other nations, or assassinate political opponents.

ERA to Reborn Rhunic Shogunate[6, I'm actually D-ESP 6. I got confused earlier. If someone has 6 espionage they are free to read all of my posts this turn.]
    Spoiler
    Show
    In exchange for both technologies we can lend you 6 wealth, 6 magic, 10 espionage, 5 reputation and 2 military.

25. - Top - End - #205

Reborn Rhunic Shogunate

To the ERA (6)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will gladly accept that exchange. For your peace of mind, none of your stats will be used against any other factions. Except possibly the Pegasus Mercs or Blood Legions, if they attack my troops, but I'm hoping Madhammer's threat will convince them to give my soldiers a wide berth.

-Emperor Osric

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Beginning of Turn 7

A New Legion: Rumours say that General Octavious, former commander of the 1st Legion, has been in contact with several retired legion officers and is working on founding a new legion for the sole purpose of crushing the ERA. The heir has yet to make any public statement on this issue.

Lake of Blood Cleansed: In a simply massive effort organized by the Imperial Heir and RRS, the monsters and bandit tribes that have been disrupting trade in the Lake of Blood region have been driven out and killed. Even the Blood Legion and Pegasus Archery Companies conflict seems to have ended with the remaining mercenaries going into hiding. Food shipments can now resume which should save many from starvation. In the end, the Shogunate walked away with two shiny new territories.

End of the Mercantile's Guild: The Mercantile's Guild, one of the most important trading companies in the empire, has had all of its assets merged with either the Shogunate or the Silverlode Contract. Their holdings in the Lake of Blood are of course split between the two groups. The master merchants of the Guild are now literally swimming in gold and are happy with how things turned out.

More Shogunate Conquests: The Shogunate armies have moved in and conquered the former territory of the now extinct Novastorm Alliance.

Dragon!: When the Shogunate forces marched south from Novastorm lands, they seem to have awoken a huge dragon of all things. Adventurers from all over the empire are lining up to get a chance to slay the dragon and steal its hoard. Rumours speak of drakes pouring up out of the ground leading many to believe that the dragon is not alone and has a mate deep inside the caverns.

House Askor's Military Prowess: Hundreds of new recruits are seen signing up with House Askor mercenary companies. Not only that but fine arms and armor are also being shipped to Askor compounds. Experts say that House Askor now rivals the other military powers on the continent such as the RRS, Silverlode Contract and Auron.

Nirva Island Burns In the most violent month of fighting sice the crisis on Nirva began two months ago, Hundreds lie dead as the rebels continue their march on the capital. Rumours speak of a small task-force of Ghosts aiding the High-Admiral but by this point his forces are outnumbered and won't last another month unless things change. Of course, who knows? For all anybody knows the current ruler could be the clone and the rebel could be the real one.

[Let me know if you think I missed something. Certainly feels that way.]

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Enlightened Revolutionary Army[9]
    To General Octavious
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you raise an army then we will destroy you. We have done it before, and we can do it again. It appears that you a not only a war-crimanal but also a sore loser.

To Reborn Rhunic Shogunate
    Spoiler
    Show
    We gave you our support but you did not share your technology with us, what happened? EDIT: Oblivion6 just forgot to tell me, sorry about this.

Maester Melvock
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are interested to know what your plans are. Many members of the ERA are of your faith and we believe an alliance between us would be very beneficial for both parties.
    Last edited by GnomeGninjas; 2013-02-23 at 10:00 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Ghosts-Nirva[6]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am sending more support this month. Hopefully 3 full legions is enough to end this thing once and for all.

-Luserina

Maester-ERA
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am not opposed to an alliance with you.

It is much too early to spill the beans on my plans though.

Octavious-ERA
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am not scared of your threats. I have already survived 3 of your attemps and am not worried.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

ERA-Maester
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is there anything we should for you to prove our devotion to an alliance between us?

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Maester-ERA
    Spoiler
    Show
    I do not really believe you are decieving me in this matter. However, now that I think about it, you could help me by further spreading the word of my faith. If the most beloved group in the Empire officially recognizes my faith then it will serve to make those people who are on the fence regarding me, more likely to accept my teachings.

In return, I'll announce to the world that you are an official backer of the church.