New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Burning Wheel Gold AP

Checked it out, looks good. Think we should start moving things back to the forums for now as skype is starting to slow down.

Does that work for everyone?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sorry for dragging my feet. My character will be completed by tonight.
    Tommorow, it's taking a bit longer than I thought.
    Last edited by Iron Victory; 2012-10-24 at 02:32 AM.
    Avatar by the fabulous Kid Kris.

3. - Top - End - #93

Great, IV. I'll try to get a look at it tomorrow then.

4. - Top - End - #94

How's everyone's Beliefs going? Are you guys teaming up, or writing them solo? Vesth, get with me later on skype. I was thinking we might set something up on Obsidian Portal to keep track of things.

Also, can I get a filled out PDF character sheet from everyone who's been approved? A one paragraph character summary would also be helpful. I'd like to print these off and be able to use them for reference.
    Last edited by fogrob; 2012-10-24 at 07:19 AM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

I’m really sorry to let you all down but I’m going to have to drop out of this game. I wish you guys the best of luck and hope you can find a better player to replace me.
    Avatar by the fabulous Kid Kris.

6. - Top - End - #96

Not a problem IV. If you'd like, keep an eye on the forum for when I run another. Good luck!

7. - Top - End - #97

In case I lose the link, here's the google docs updated character sheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...NnFvZkE#gid=11

8. - Top - End - #98

I followed the link, but it required you to give me access. I assume it's something to do with the sharing settings.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

10. - Top - End - #100

Don't forget you guys start out with 1 Fate and 1 Persona point.

11. - Top - End - #101

So Garrok, Anchorhold seems to be a busy port city with many entertainment needs. Are there fights scheduled? If so, are you organizing them, joining them, or both? If not, then what are you doing?

Varriac, are you performing anywhere on a regular basis? Does anyone in Anchorhold know of your background? Also, where do you live?

12. - Top - End - #102

The fights in most towns aren't scheduled - it takes too much to maintain a standard arena and gladitorial clan to be worth it. As such, most entertainers become roamers, moving from town to town and competing with the groups and clans that they meet.

But for the larger cities, especially for a city like Anchorhold that over the years has grown to become a burstling metropolis, a few clans can get together, and build an entertainment complex for the masses to enjoy.

Fights are usually done as the first activity of three months, giving injured parties time to rest and recuperate. If any roaming clans, mercenaries, or general travellers are in town during that period, they must apply at the local clan hall if they wish to participate. This will also include requests to challenge certain people, clans, or groups in combat (to the death or otherwise) performances, and in some cases, collect payments from bouts fought in the previous months.

The clan hall for the Forceurs is also the betting central of Anchorhold - to attempt to form a betting ring larger than twenty people is to risk the anger of the orcs.

Now, amongst the Great and Black Orcs, are the Weaponbearers - orcs who have been granted a title based on being one of the best at the weapons they're used. Usually this title shared between five or six orcs, but they cannot refuse a bout from either a weaponbearer of the same title, or any orc that wishes to elevate themselves to that title. The fight - using the weapon involved - is usually to unconciousness, but there is nothing stopping both parties from requesting it to the death. The title itself can be gained if the current weaponbearer deems you worthy of gaining such a title (such as defeating him in combat) but after every bout, only one weaponbearer can leave the arena, dead or alive.

As such, every Weaponbearer must 'check-in' at the clanhall in every town they are in, in order to allow anyone willing to take the title from them to challenge them to a bout. As the current Axebearer, Garrok is heading there to put his name down, and see who else is up for a challenge.

13. - Top - End - #103

Garrok, are the fights for Orcs only, or are all the races allowed?

14. - Top - End - #104

Any race of any kind is more than welcome to do battle with each other (AS LONG AS THEY ARE HAPPY PAYING THE PRICE). In fact, some of the greatest fights seen in gladitorial arenas have been between a centuries old elven warrior with his songsword and beauty, and a battle hardened orc still dripping with the blood of his former enemies. It would be mad for the Forceurs to not allow such beauty to exist in their playpen!

Not to mention they will gladly clean house with all the betting money that will be thrown in. Why miss an oppurtunity to make people spend more money?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

I posted my character sheet onto the Skype chat and finished everything mechanical for my character. I will try to get the character story thing posted soon, but I'm essentially ready to start.

I really do apologize for dragging my feet on this, I've been having a stressful time, my internet has been uncooperative, and I'm sorry. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from here on out.

16. - Top - End - #106

Garrok, you walk in to sign up for the upcoming fights and are greeted by Grat. He is a small and is missing part of one ear, but the little piece of skin left has an earring attached. He recognizes you immediately.

"Garrok, the mighty Axebearer! Welcome to Anchorhold! The crowds will be exuberant about your arrival! It has been so long since we've had a real weaponbearer here."

He grabs a leather parchment and pen, sliding it your way across the table.

17. - Top - End - #107

Ryan, you've recently arrived in Anchorhold with your companions. Couple of questions...

What's the first thing on your agenda when you arrive?

What's the idiom of your spells? Is it through gestures or pronounced?

18. - Top - End - #108

Varriac, what was the reason you were interested in coming to Anchorhold? Also, which of your compatriots inspired you to write your best song yet?

19. - Top - End - #109

Garrok

Broad, tense shoulders, covered in a delicate mix of plate and leather, shrugged, giving of a mighty 'crack' as they moved back into posistion. From the scores of people eager to lose a limb on the battlefield, a large, armoured orc strolled past the queue, making eye contact with the receptionist. A casual finger played with his broken tusk, while a giant meaty hand stretched, slamming onto the table, before grabbing the offered pen in his fist.

Clenching, he proceeded to write as well as he could, effectively slamming the ink onto the parchment with a mean scowl, as he growled a response:

"Save your energy for the new tryouts, Grat. Your croaky voice bodes ill for my battered ears at the best of times, more when you attempt humour."

He scrowled again, then, with another shrug, placed the pen down before he spoke again. "But, never the less, it is good to see the clanhall of Anchorhold again. Your people run the shop with the efficency of dwarves. For that I am humbled. Now, enough of the formalities. Tell me of the challenges for me."

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Varriac, are you performing anywhere on a regular basis? Does anyone in Anchorhold know of your background? Also, where do you live?

Varriac, what was the reason you were interested in coming to Anchorhold? Also, which of your compatriots inspired you to write your best song yet?
    Yes, Varriac plays anywhere with a crowd.
    No, no one in Anchorhold knows, unless they've been to Byz for a long them, since the NightSingers are pretty famous there. They might know Varriac from his family name, but probably not his first name.
    Varriac and Garrok live in a kind of hostel, where Varric plays music to secure the rent.
    Varriac comes to Anchorhold for two reasons: one is to accompany his friends, the other is because of the concert.
    In regards to the best song, I haven't composed something related yet, so I'm leaving that question blank for now.

Varriac is currently just wandering the streets, asking people if they know anything about the concert.

21. - Top - End - #111

Grat pulls back, prostrating himself in fear of the massive Axebearer

"I apologize for my annoyance, but I meant no humor. No true Weapon bearers have shown for a number of months. We've been stuck with nothing but slaves and mercenaries. But enough of my excuses...Wazfug has expressed an interest in battle...Should I set the schedule?"

22. - Top - End - #112

Varriac, that seems to me like a Beginner's Luck Streetwise test. You stated an intent "To find out information regarding the concert" and task "Walk around the streets and ask people". I'll be spelling it out like this in the beginning just to make everything plain.

I've set the obstacle for this test as an Ob.2, but as it is a Beginners Luck, it will be doubled to Ob.4. The root stat for Streetwise is Perception, so you'll be rolling 4 dice. Rules for Beginners Luck can be found on page 37.

Don't forget to mark this test as a skill you are learning. The rules for that are on page 49.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Varriac

"I wonder how Garrok is doing..." the elf mused to himself, looking distractedly at the posters on the wall, hoping for some sign of auditions for the concert. "Should I have signed up with him...?"

Elves are ethereal, and the slim, limber Varriac is no exception. Turning his head away from the walls, he scrutinizes the people around him carefully, looking for someone who seems remotely helpful. Everyone seems so busy around here!

Spoiler
    Show
    Streetwise: (4d6)[4][5][5][2](16)

24. - Top - End - #114

There was an unexpected pause in the orc's rather embarrassing attempt at writing, and he looked up, eyes locking with the figure before him.
    Wazfug? The hefty legionnaire huntsman from Tir?

It was small, and brief, but the semblance of a cruel smile crept on his lips. He slammed the pen back into the stone table with a mighty thump, and pushed the papers back over to the goblin.

"Please, inform him the would-be bane of Tir forest that if he wishes dir for a true fight instead of the peasants he has been making a name out of, I will be more than happy to oblige."

25. - Top - End - #115

3 successes! Close, but no cigar... So now, I'll take over just a little bit and introduce a complication.

Talking to a few people, you think you've figured out how to get there. Turning a corner, you arrive in an alley and see a young boy sitting against the wall, crying. As you approach, he dodges past, running back out of the alley. Taking his place and blocking the exit, three teen boys with clubs step out from doors along the side. One of them steps out, tapping the club in his open palm.

"Hello elf...you seem lost. We'd love to help you with directions...For a price.

26. - Top - End - #116

Grat smiles and rubs his hands together with excitement.

"It will be known. In two suns, one hour after daybreak, he will meet Garrok, Axe Bearer".

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Varriac NightSinger

Varriac swivels around at the sound, grinning at the sound, until his mind registers the weapons...and his grin stays stupidly on.

"Oh hey! I'm sure glad to see-oh. Oh. Oh. Uhh, are you by any chance, boy scouts? I've heard of those...helpful little boys that mean are friendly...maybe...?"

Taking a few steps back, he quickly glances back to see how far the dead end is from him, one hand rubbing the hilt of his blade.

"Uhh, what price are you talking about? Do you want me to help the crying boy? I'm good with that sort of thing..."

28. - Top - End - #118

The boys move forward, menacingly.

"The price is for passage."

Coming closer, his eyes light up as he notices the flute.

"We're always willing to barter though, I'm sure that flute could bring us a good price."

29. - Top - End - #119

Garrok

The exchange was made, the time of the duel was set. He had no lingering reason to stay. With a breath, he turned, walking out of the building wordlessly. There were other things to occupy his time.

Such as finding where the Singer went.

A scowled face started to head back to the hostel, eye out to see if he spots the elf anywhere.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Varriac NightSinger

"My...flute?" he said slowly, looking down at the precious piece of equipment, the case of which is sticking out slightly from his bag, for ease of access.

Rage welled up within him, dark and angry, a furious deposition that roared with fury as the red-blood feelings poured through his senses. His flute, the first and only way to his lineage as a NightSinger, the only thing that allowed him to be accepted, to be treated like a normal person, not being looked down by anyone and everyone...the only thing that allowed his to bypass his...condition, the first present he had ever come to love so much.

His precious flute. Treated like some common item to be bargained or taken, to pass between the grubby hands of some idiotic snot-nosed kids that know nothing about pain, about suffering about the history and past that came with it.

"No." he reiterated firmly. "No, no, no, NO!"

Who do you think YOU are, talking about my flute like it's...nothing, like it something that can be traded or sold. Who do you think you are, trying to take something that means so much to someone, a lifeline which you cannot possibly understand. WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!"
    he cried out in anger and anguish, as a small tear slid down his cheek.

With the ease of practice and the spirit of anger, he swiftly drew his sword, flicking it to the side in an tense, ready manner as he prepared to charged.

"Say your prayers, for what they matter to you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Intention: Beat them, not kill them. Painfully.
    Task: Slicing at them with the sword. Hitting them down with the pommel, cutting their clubs to little pieces, cutting them a little here and there...