New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [MLP] Roleplaying is Magic IC: The Broken Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Well, the good ambassador was female, so it probably wasn't the ambassador. Nevertheless, he felt somewhat intrigued. Shaking his head, he reached timidly for a cookie, looking at it before nibbling on the edge. "Did she mention a name?"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Ahhh, now this was more like it. Crown took a cookie for himself, biting slowly and gracefully, savoring every bit of flavor it had...or might not have. If tea was provided, he'd wash it down with a delicate sip. Regardless of flavor, he'd force a smile to their host. "Thank you ever so much; a little hospitality is a welcome relief on the road." He was nothing if not a polite guest.

"Another griffon, you say?" he asked, thoroughly intrigued. "Do tell; was she in formal attire, by any chance? Perhaps a suit of well-crafted armor like our good friend Igneous wears?" He gestured to the stallion's shiny, stylized barding.

(Note: Regardless of flavor, he'll choke it down. )
    "Oh no, she doesn't wear anything like that, no. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen her with anything besides that bag and trail stick of hers." Replied Amelias, tapping her chin with in thought. "Now what was her name again? Verr-something, Vrei? Frey?"

"Vereia Freewing, mom!" chirped a high pitched voice from behind, as the two-toned unicorn foal from earlier appeared, hopping up on one of the couches. "She's a traveller, like you guys. Really nice, she plays lotsa games with us. Will you guys play with us too??"

"Willya? Willya? Willya?" The foal continued, bouncing on the couch in time with each of his requests and a gigantic smile on his face.

"Now you leave these nice people alone Kahlin, don't pester them if they don't want to play." The mare scolded, giving the party an apologetic smile. "Don't mind him, he's just been a bit more ... energetic since his magic started coming in."

"He's adorable, ma'am, if it's okay of me to say so." Igneous complimented, a small smile on his face beneath watery eyes.

The foal made a rather impertininent face at Iggy, probably in reply to any accusations of adorableness, before turning to Grease and Soot. "You'll come play with us, won'tcha?"

The young foals eye's practically shone with youthful hope and happiness. They were so wide that the two mares could probably see their own reflections in those hazel brown depths.

Meanwhile, Dive Bomb and Cork were dealing with the outcomes of ignoring Igneous' earlier warning. As each of them bit into their cookie, the texture of what they held in their mouths abruptly changed. It was gritty, it was coarse, it tasted disgusting. Attempting to chew it only resulted in a fine powder of near uneatable grains that promptly found their way to covering every surface of their teeth and tongue.

It was just like eating a mouthfull of ... sand. In fact, the remenants of the cookie in Dive Bomb's hoof had transformed into exatly that; a loose pile of sand and grit. It didn't magically change, there was no 'pop' or anything to signify a spell, it was just cookie one moment and sand the next.

Cork tried to sip the tea afterwards, but despite emptying the cup, it felt like only air was entering his mouth, providing no relief to the stallion's suffering.

Iggy pointedly ignored the difficulties of the two stallions, while everyone else in the room didn't appear to notice anything out of the ordinary.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Firbolg in the Playground

Dive Bomb's face was a study in stillness, or perhaps merely the effects of facial paralyzation. I may have found the secret to getting back to the desert, he thought as he choked down the gritty remnants which caked his mouth and tongue. The cookies are made of it! As he resisted the urge to spit, he paused; his thought had been more accurate than he thought, as the sand slowly cascading off his hoof proved.

Something was definitely wrong here. Besides, you know, random teleportation. He frowned, jiggling the pile of sand in his hoof. Another hoof snaked out to take a sip from a cup of tea; air.

He frowned. This was one of the reasons why he didn't particularly like magic, especially when used on himself; if he couldn't trust his senses, what could he trust?

As subtly as possible, he scooted over to the unicorn, and showed her the pile of sand. She'd understand, and start looking for things that didn't make sense, as he began to do. Their location was beginning to make more sense; it was a distinct possibility that they weren't really here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Looking for things that don't make sense, or seem out of place. +5 mind, rolled twice for Wary.

(1d20+5)[18]
    (1d20+5)[18]

Odds of getting the same number twice in a row:

20/20 first roll * 1/20 second roll= 1/20 chance, or 5%.
    Last edited by Balmas; 2012-11-18 at 08:33 PM.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

Crown's jaw kept going through the motions of chewing, long after it became quite clear such efforts were fruitless. And though he swore he drained his teacup dry several times over, not once did a single drop of precious liquid hit his sand-caked tongue. Dear Celestia, dear Luna, dear anypony out there interested in the plight of a colt whom fortune has seen fit to spit upon, if you can hear me... Sweat broke out on the colt's brow as the color started draining from his face. ...please keep me from vomiting in front of my subordinates.

If only there were some way to get free, some way to get a few moments to himself that he could rid his mouth of this desiccating plague. Crown's ears perked up at the young one's invitation. Of course! Play outside, slip off from the crowd, and I shall be well once more! He had started to part his lips to speak when his throat convulsed dangerously; only quick thinking and clamped jaws kept him from gagging loudly. The young businesspony's eyes widened in panic. Oh come now, really? Really?! My choices are to suffer in silence or potentially expel my scourges upon the table? Cruel fate! Why does thou mock me? Inwardly, the pony was in the grip of a stirring monologue, complete with sweeping leg gestures and full dramatic lighting. Outwardly, the colt continued to strain a smile and nod politely.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Ettin in the Playground

Dive Bomb's face was a study in stillness, or perhaps merely the effects of facial paralyzation. I may have found the secret to getting back to the desert, he thought as he choked down the gritty remnants which caked his mouth and tongue. The cookies are made of it! As he resisted the urge to spit, he paused; his thought had been more accurate than he thought, as the sand slowly cascading off his hoof proved.

Something was definitely wrong here. Besides, you know, random teleportation. He frowned, jiggling the pile of sand in his hoof. Another hoof snaked out to take a sip from a cup of tea; air.

He frowned. This was one of the reasons why he didn't particularly like magic, especially when used on himself; if he couldn't trust his senses, what could he trust?

As subtly as possible, he scooted over to the unicorn, and showed her the pile of sand. She'd understand, and start looking for things that didn't make sense, as he began to do. Their location was beginning to make more sense; it was a distinct possibility that they weren't really here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Looking for things that don't make sense, or seem out of place. +5 mind, rolled twice for Wary.

[roll0]
    [roll1]

Odds of getting the same number twice in a row:

20/20 first roll * 1/20 second roll= 1/20 chance, or 5%.
    Apart from suddenly siliceous cookies and the vanishing water, everything else in that log cabin seemed to fit right in place. The furnishings, the fixtures, it was more or less unremarkably like Dive Bomb would have expected a small frontier settlement to have looked like.

The only thing that struck him as odd, besides the persistently strange naming conventions of these ponies (honestly, who had ever heard of a pony called Amelias?), was that the unicorn mare seemed to be exclusively using her hooves or mouth while cleaning the kitchen; you would have expected her to use her magic a little bit by now.

Crown's jaw kept going through the motions of chewing, long after it became quite clear such efforts were fruitless. And though he swore he drained his teacup dry several times over, not once did a single drop of precious liquid hit his sand-caked tongue. Dear Celestia, dear Luna, dear anypony out there interested in the plight of a colt whom fortune has seen fit to spit upon, if you can hear me... Sweat broke out on the colt's brow as the color started draining from his face. ...please keep me from vomiting in front of my subordinates.

If only there were some way to get free, some way to get a few moments to himself that he could rid his mouth of this desiccating plague. Crown's ears perked up at the young one's invitation. Of course! Play outside, slip off from the crowd, and I shall be well once more! He had started to part his lips to speak when his throat convulsed dangerously; only quick thinking and clamped jaws kept him from gagging loudly. The young businesspony's eyes widened in panic. Oh come now, really? Really?! My choices are to suffer in silence or potentially expel my scourges upon the table? Cruel fate! Why does thou mock me? Inwardly, the pony was in the grip of a stirring monologue, complete with sweeping leg gestures and full dramatic lighting. Outwardly, the colt continued to strain a smile and nod politely.
    "Warned you." Muttered Iggy.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

Grease Spot looked back and forth at her companions while their hostess cleaned. "What is it?" she asked quietly. "Is something wrong?" Maybe the cooking was simply that bad? At least, she hoped that was all it was.
    One Tin Pony avatar by Balmas

Current Projects: Dragon: the Inheritance

6. - Top - End - #576
    Titan in the Playground

Crown, mouth clamped shut, motioned to Dive Bomb with a muffled "mmmhmm." He couldn't trust himself to answer and not...make a mess of things. Perhaps Dive Bomb's nibble had left him capable of speech.

7. - Top - End - #577

Crown wanted him to talk? Oh, that was just a brilliant idea. Nothing could possibly go wrong with that plan. Coughing a bit, he shook a hoof full of silicon in her direction. "Just admiring the quality of the tea and cookies here," he said, sucking sand out from between his teeth. Looking at the mare in the kitchen, he continued, "They remind me of our previous environment."
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Seeing her companions looks of disgust, Soot broke off a piece of a cookie and nibbled it before grimacing and rubbing her gritty toungue against her teeth. She had eaten some weird things before, some of which would certainly not pass health regulations, but sand was right outside of that boundary. She levitated the cookie up to her, sniffing and peering closely to try and see whether there was truly sand in it or if there was an illusion at play.
    As she inspected her snack she turned to the energetic colt and smiled nervously, "Maybe a little later, kiddo, do you know where we could find this Vereia?" it was possible that this traveler had ended up here like they did, if that was the case then she might know what happened, or more than they did at least.
    Avatar based on artwork by Jabari Weathers

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

Previous environment? The colt was obviously trying to tell her something subtly, and she thought she had an idea what. She picked a cookie up off the plate and nibbled a tiny piece off of it.

She almost immediately stuck her tongue out, using her hoof to brush the grains of sand off of it. She felt heart sink inside her. Of course, being magically transported to civilization was too good to be true. Chances were, this was some kind if illusion.

Of course, the question was, how to get out of it?

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    Seeing her companions looks of disgust, Soot broke off a piece of a cookie and nibbled it before grimacing and rubbing her gritty toungue against her teeth. She had eaten some weird things before, some of which would certainly not pass health regulations, but sand was right outside of that boundary. She levitated the cookie up to her, sniffing and peering closely to try and see whether there was truly sand in it or if there was an illusion at play.

As she inspected her snack she turned to the energetic colt and smiled nervously, "Maybe a little later, kiddo, do you know where we could find this Vereia?" it was possible that this traveler had ended up here like they did, if that was the case then she might know what happened, or more than they did at least.
    "Aww, no play?" The colt wibbled for a second, before his attention was caught by the plate of food on the table.

There was no question about the cookies being some kind of illusion, it was more a matter of being. They were cookies, and felt, smelt and looked exactly like one might expect homecooked food to look like. When eaten, they were sand. There was no gradual transition.

Strangely, neither the foal or his mother seemed to regard them as anything other than cookies, and didn't react at all to anything the group did with the resultant sand. While the four party members were talking, the young foal snapped up one of the biscuits for himself, chewing happily and noisly as he answered Soot's question.

"'oou wamt to mmph - to meet miss Vereia?" The colt asked, as he swallowed the last of his cookie happily. "She's in the back room. I can go get her for you if you want? Then we can play?"

11. - Top - End - #581

"I believe that this would be beneficial," stated Dive Bomb as he took another cookie from the plate and began experimenting. Breaking it in half, he examined the results. "Though..." he smiled a bit, "maybe one of you could do the talking?"

12. - Top - End - #582
    Ogre in the Playground

"If you want, sure," Grease said, putting her cookie back on the table. She smiled down at the foal. "How about we go see this miss Vereia, then?" she said. Even if this colt was nothing but an illusion, it cost nothing to treat him kindly.

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ettin in the Playground

"I believe that this would be beneficial," stated Dive Bomb as he took another cookie from the plate and began experimenting. Breaking it in half, he examined the results. "Though..." he smiled a bit, "maybe one of you could do the talking?"
    "Okay!" chirped the foal, hopping down and walking towards the back of the house. "Follow me!"

"You guys can go ahead without me if you want." said Igneous. "I'll stay here, I want to talk to Mrs Amelias a bit more about her family business."

The cookie, even broken in half, remained a cookie. If a piece was eaten, only that half would turn into sand.

14. - Top - End - #584

Dive Bomb trailed the child, still experimenting. No matter how he broke it, it was a cookie until, at that most crucial moment, it suddenly wasn't. Yet, the inhabitants of this place seemed to be able to eat it with no problems. It was an interesting difference, something he decided to experiment. Grimacing, he gave the barest nibble on the now-pile of sand in his right hoof, and tapped the trotting foal in front of him. He opened his mouth, and closed it as a realization crossed his mind. "What's your name?"

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

Crown nodded silently to the guard, following behind Dive Bomb and whomever else followed the foal. "Behind" being the operative word here; it was maddening not being able to open his mouth. How could he be expected to give sage advice and timely wisdom if doing so would likely expel the contents of his stomach - meager as they were - all over the recipient? No, it was in the group's best interest he take care of this problem post-haste. The colt kept his eyes peeled for a storage room, bathroom, someplace he could quietly excuse himself to and not be missed.

[Crown will be looking for anyplace he might conceivably duck off for a few minutes to relieve his mouth of sand without causing a scene.]

16. - Top - End - #586
    Ettin in the Playground

Dive Bomb trailed the child, still experimenting. No matter how he broke it, it was a cookie until, at that most crucial moment, it suddenly wasn't. Yet, the inhabitants of this place seemed to be able to eat it with no problems. It was an interesting difference, something he decided to experiment. Grimacing, he gave the barest nibble on the now-pile of sand in his right hoof, and tapped the trotting foal in front of him. He opened his mouth, and closed it as a realization crossed his mind. "What's your name?"
    "I'm Kahlin, who are you?" replied the foal, with all the tactful bluntness of youth.

Crown nodded silently to the guard, following behind Dive Bomb and whomever else followed the foal. "Behind" being the operative word here; it was maddening not being able to open his mouth. How could he be expected to give sage advice and timely wisdom if doing so would likely expel the contents of his stomach - meager as they were - all over the recipient? No, it was in the group's best interest he take care of this problem post-haste. The colt kept his eyes peeled for a storage room, bathroom, someplace he could quietly excuse himself to and not be missed.

[Crown will be looking for anyplace he might conceivably duck off for a few minutes to relieve his mouth of sand without causing a scene.]
    There were plenty of opportunities available to Cork, limited only by his imagination and the level of subtlety he wished to employ. The living room exited into a narrow corridor that ran along the inside of one of the building's walls. An open window, a potted plant and even some unoccupied rooms all provided ample opportunity to expunge a mouthful of sand.

At the end, was a simple wooden door that was decorated with a crudely painted pink flower. Given the level of craftsmanship, it may well have been a preschool project from the young foal.

17. - Top - End - #587

Somewhat taken aback, Dive Bomb said, "Er... Dive Bomb." Looking away rapidly, he coughed nervously before continuing. "Kahlin, if you can tell me what's in my right hoof, I'll give you half a cookie." He help up the right hoof, full of sand, for the foal to view.

Amelias, Kahdar, Kahlin... what kind of names were those? Maybe Kahlin was Kahdar's son? As he waited for the foal to respond, he looked to see if they looked anything alike.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

No potted plant or open window would do. All it would take is one idle glance back, and he'd be forced to bear the unimaginable shame of his faux pas. An empty room, now that could be excusable. Perhaps he'd seen a bird, and raced to the window to get a better look? Or maybe the long journey had made the stuffy cabin air intolerable, and he'd raced for a single breath of fresh air? The possibilities were limitless.

Once the foal was distracted with the promise of a half-cookie, he silently slipped away into an empty room, intending to spit into a trash can or other such receptacle.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ettin in the Playground

Somewhat taken aback, Dive Bomb said, "Er... Dive Bomb." Looking away rapidly, he coughed nervously before continuing. "Kahlin, if you can tell me what's in my right hoof, I'll give you half a cookie." He help up the right hoof, full of sand, for the foal to view.

Amelias, Kahdar, Kahlin... what kind of names were those? Maybe Kahlin was Kahdar's son? As he waited for the foal to respond, he looked to see if they looked anything alike.
    The foal regarded Dive Bomb skeptically.

"That's a silly question." He replied, head tilted and eyes searching Dive Bomb's face. "There's nothing in your hoof."

"Or is this one of those trick questions ... I know, it's air isn't it?"

The dark, earthy brown colouration of the foal's mane and ... rear half ... did suggest some shared lineage with the pegasus that they'd encountered earlier.

No potted plant or open window would do. All it would take is one idle glance back, and he'd be forced to bear the unimaginable shame of his faux pas. An empty room, now that could be excusable. Perhaps he'd seen a bird, and raced to the window to get a better look? Or maybe the long journey had made the stuffy cabin air intolerable, and he'd raced for a single breath of fresh air? The possibilities were limitless.

Once the foal was distracted with the promise of a half-cookie, he silently slipped away into an empty room, intending to spit into a trash can or other such receptacle.
    As if in answer to the colt's prayers, he spotted a waste paper basket the moment he slipped into the room. The small wooden pail shone with divine light and Cork could almost hear the angelic chorus as his hooves seized it and pulled it to his mouth.

Once Cork was done expunging his cookie, he began to take in the other attributes of the room he now found himself in. The double bed, the rustic yet comfortable tables and the large window that opened onto the river where other farmponies were working; probing the river bed with long wooden poles.

It seemed as if the businesspony had wandered into the master bedroom. A small photograph in a silver frame depicted the pegasus and the unicorn mare embracing while the foal draped himself over his father's back.

20. - Top - End - #590

Dive Bomb hoofed over the half-cookie. "Good job," he sighed, and jiggled the sand to the floor. This was rapidly turning into something more interesting, and he was surprised to find a small smirk adorning his muzzle. Pushing it back into its more standard flat line, he followed the foal, thinking as he went.

How much of this was real? What determined the switch, besides the consumption of silicon? The inhabitants of this world didn't seem to be able to detect the changed cookies. Maybe things would make sense when they talked to the griffoness, maybe not. It was just bugging him, though; he wanted to make sense of this so bad, it wasn't even funny.

He halved another cookie, and tapped the foal again. Making sure he had the foal's attention, and looking directly in Kahlin's eyes, he slowly and deliberately bit down on a cookie half, observing the foal's reaction as the cookie was sand.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Soot watched Dive Bomb's experiment before rolling her eyes Good luck with that. Doubt any self-respecting illusion would leave out a detail like that. she looked at the door in front of them and knocked on it twice
    "Miss Vereia? Are you in there? My friends and I wanted to talk to you."

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

Crown sucked down a simply divine, and entirely silicon-free breath of fresh air. "Ahhhhhhh, much better," he sighed blissfully. "You have my thanks, oh merciful Princesses." He knelt down on one knee to grace the sisters with his thanksgiving. Now that his...little problem was taken care of, he let his eyes roam freely around the room. They moseyed through the rustic master bedroom, watched the hardworking rock farmers outside, before finally coming to rest on the simple picture frame. A smile found itself upon his face as he plucked it up for a closer look. "Such a loving husband and wife. Such a lively foal. How can love this real be a part of such an elaborate deception?" he mused aloud, reveling in his reclaimed power of speech.

Unless he found something fascinating or was otherwise disturbed, he would reset the photograph after a few more moments of study and quietly make his way back to the group.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-11-21 at 08:08 PM.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Ettin in the Playground

Dive Bomb hoofed over the half-cookie. "Good job," he sighed, and jiggled the sand to the floor. This was rapidly turning into something more interesting, and he was surprised to find a small smirk adorning his muzzle. Pushing it back into its more standard flat line, he followed the foal, thinking as he went.

How much of this was real? What determined the switch, besides the consumption of silicon? The inhabitants of this world didn't seem to be able to detect the changed cookies. Maybe things would make sense when they talked to the griffoness, maybe not. It was just bugging him, though; he wanted to make sense of this so bad, it wasn't even funny.

He halved another cookie, and tapped the foal again. Making sure he had the foal's attention, and looking directly in Kahlin's eyes, he slowly and deliberately bit down on a cookie half, observing the foal's reaction as the cookie was sand.
    The foal watched Dive Bomb with wide eyes, before taking his own half-cookie and mirroring the pegasus' actions.

"I can do that too ... see?" the foal said, opening his mouth to show a half chewed cookie.

"Blahhhh!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ravian View Post
    Soot watched Dive Bomb's experiment before rolling her eyes Good luck with that. Doubt any self-respecting illusion would leave out a detail like that. she looked at the door in front of them and knocked on it twice
    "Miss Vereia? Are you in there? My friends and I wanted to talk to you."
    The door creaked open at Soot's touch. Normally, such providence was the domain of horror stories, where the portal would slowly open to reveal a darkened room, full of uncertainty and danger.

That was not this room.

Afternoon sunlight streamed through the window, causing the entire guest room to glow in a pleasant and peaceful warmth. The guest bed itself had been cleared away, propped up against the wall, freeing up a large empty space in the middle of the room. There, balanced upside down on top of a long trail stick, a young gryphoness was resting with her eyes closed.

Despite having only travelled with Rinda and the ambassador before today, this gryphon was clearly different to any others that the party might had known. Tall and willowy, compared to the more powerful, stocky strength of Rinda. Plainly attired, compared to the formal dress of the ambassador and his red doublet. In fact, her only real item of clothing was a dark brown headband that held a single blue feather.

Her own headfeathers were a pale off-white tipped with pink, and had been braided so that a pair of bangs fell down to frame her face. The patches around her eyes were similarly rosy in hue and stretched towards the back of her head like a pair of pink comets.

A single, unsurprisingly pink, eye cracked open at the sound of the door opening, taking in the fact that she had visitors.

Vereia smiled, before reaching an arm over her head to grasp the stick she was balancing on. She moved with a catlike, graceful control as she pushed herself up, before performing a languid flip to land on the ground.

"Hello" she whispered, as she straightened up from her landing, the trail stick now held informally over her shoulder. Her voice was quiet, calm but carrying.

"I don't believe we've met."

Crown sucked down a simply divine, and entirely silicon-free breath of fresh air. "Ahhhhhhh, much better," he sighed blissfully. "You have my thanks, oh merciful Princesses." He knelt down on one knee to grace the sisters with his thanksgiving. Now that his...little problem was taken care of, he let his eyes roam freely around the room. They moseyed through the rustic master bedroom, watched the hardworking rock farmers outside, before finally coming to rest on the simple picture frame. A smile found itself upon his face as he plucked it up for a closer look. "Such a loving husband and wife. Such a lively foal. How can love this real be a part of such an elaborate deception?" he mused aloud, reveling in his reclaimed power of speech.

Unless he found something fascinating or was otherwise disturbed, he would reset the photograph after a few more moments of study and quietly make his way back to the group.
    The most interesting thing in the room was the view of the other ponies outside. The farm ponies included a pair of earth ponies and pegasi, two of whom were pulling on ropes from the shore while the flyers worked their poles in the water. As Cork watched, the farmers laboured as they dragged a large, smooth, river stone out onto the grass. The rock was a dark, marbled colouration that reminded Cork strongly of Mr Rocky's body, at least without the mystical rune paths that typically adorned the rock creature.

Their job done, the ponies high-hooved each other as they unharnessed themselves and flopped onto the grass to catch their breaths.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ogre in the Playground

During their short walk to the gryphoness's room, Grease had been taking a closer look at her surroundings. If this was entirely an illusion, it was the most convincing one she had ever seen. There were just so many details. If it wasn't for the food turning to sand, there wouldn't be any reason to suspect otherwise. Well, other than the method we used to get here.

As Soot opened the door and Vereia greeted them, Grease smiled at her. "I'm Grease Spot," she said, "And this is Soot. We heard that you are a traveller, like us, and we thought we would come say hello."

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ettin in the Playground

"A pleasure, as always, to meet others who walk." Vereia intoned, stepping back from the doorway. "Please, come in, and do let us talk."

She smiled, as she sank to her haunches, folding her forlimbs beneath her.

"My old teacher used to say that whenever she met someone new to the village." she explained, her eyes tracing the wall of the room till they rested on a brightly coloured, woven medicine bag. "What do you wish to talk about?"

26. - Top - End - #596

Somewhat disgruntled with the fact that the cookie hadn't disappeared from the foal's vision as expected, but even more disgruntled with the subsequent mouthful of sand, Dive Bomb smirked humourlessly at the foal before entering the room with the griffoness.

Well, she was different. Different markings, different styling-- really, why style feathers? It seemed more than a little weird, though he reflected that it couldn't really interfere with her aerodynamics more than some hairstyles he'd seen, or even his own navy mop.

She carried a bag; what was in it? It looked somewhat tribal; was it medicine? Some kind of shaman? For now, he contented himself with nodding and stating his own name. After all, he'd been even more talkative then normal, and had asked the others to speak for now.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground

Crown watched the working ponies with great interest. "Those rocks...they must be the same that our rocky ally was crafted from," he mused. Now he wished he'd packed a pipe; every good sleuth needed a pipe to aid their heavy pondering. "Yes, the very same that were scattered all over the desert. We haven't seen a sign of any obvious means of transporting them magically, so how does such a unique piece of earth travel from this lush, wilderness paradise to a proverbial wasteland?" There was more to this mystery, he was certain of it. Pretending to marvel at the room's decor, he let one eye rest upon the workers. When they moved the rock to its next destination, surely it would grant him some new piece of this puzzle.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ettin in the Playground

It didn't take long for the farm ponies to catch their breath and, soon enough, they were back on their hooves and in motion once more. The two pegasi attached another pair of ropes and the whole team worked together to drag the heavy boulder around the side of the house and out of sight, presumably heading towards the fields.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

"How'd you get here Vereia?" Soot asked the griffoness bluntly. "To Riverside I mean. It certainly doesn't seem like anywhere a traveler would stick around for long."

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ettin in the Playground

"How did I get here?" she repeated, as if to ensure she'd heard the question correctly. "In the same method as any creature does. By walking, of course. Or flying ..."

She punctuated that last comment with a slow flexing of her two bronze wings before continuing.

"It's how I live, finding and following the paths that fate lays before me. Nothing drove me here if that's what you're asking, I simply found it."

"And, as far as I've seen, it is a far nicer and kinder place than many." she finished, smiling at Kahlin.