New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: WATCHTOWER 16: Quick and Dirty

[Planning Room]

DC hasn't left yet, so he gets to talk now, whoo. "Indeed. The apparent main issue is that if hostile necromancers become active there, they'll be able to raise a particularly powerful army, and frankly, I can't say they're wrong to be concerned. And Cessie's concerned that demonic corruption might spread there as well."
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2012-12-12 at 01:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

2. - Top - End - #272
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Watchtower - General]

Shooting
    Smithing
    Magic?

Cessie notes down, finding the term magic being rather vague as usual, but what could you do?

"Could you specific 'magic' a bit more? What sort of rituals?" Hopefully she wasn't making her too nervous.
    "Um, finding things. Stickin' glamours to ammo. Lil' bit of fortune tellin'," Cornelia says. Parlor tricks, it would seem, at least by Nexus standards. "I don't much like usin' magic, ma'am. My pap was nearly done in by a witch." That was shortly before the heart-attack took him, but it was still a close call.

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Armory]

"Don't worry. I'm polite enougth to understand why it would scare her. So you know where tshe is? Or do you need to catch her first."

If the last she will give him the location of the church.
    "I'm not sure she's around. Tell you what, I'll bug her when she gets home tonight. If all's well, we'll be there in the morning," Adir promises, crossing his arms.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Armory]

"Ok then. I see you later."

She will then head of if not stoped.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #274

[Planning Room]

"And I was just about to go and deal with that so if you excuse me I have to talk with Cornelia." Cessie had a lot to do right now so she didn't really see the point of further discuss this.

[Watchtower - General]

"I'm sorry for your loss." The sorceress replies in a respectful tone, suddenly reminded that she was considered a witch by some countries back in her home world.

"I won't have you do any 'magic' if you don't want to. Can you drive a flying vehicle however?" Now she was the one using vague words.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-14 at 03:44 AM.

5. - Top - End - #275

[Watchtower General]

"Oh, no ma'am, no witch e'er got my da'," Cornelia says, amused at the very thought. She's talking a bit more easily with Cessie now. Such a polite lady. "Twas 'is heart. Only way a man like that can die, really..."

When Cessie poses her question, Cornelia looks at her for a good moment. She seems to be considering. "What kinnae flyin' vehicle?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2012-12-14 at 05:07 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #276

[Watchtower General]

"None the less, I'm sorry to hear him go even if it happens to us all eventually." Cessie says.

She seem to hesitate at Cornelia's question however. Admiting igorance was always hard to her. "Ah... what kind can you operate?"

7. - Top - End - #277

[Watchtower General]

"Well, ma'am, I don't rightly know. Mia's been... showin' me some things. I just sorta ask things how they work," Cornelia explains strangely. She sounds a bit more bashful, actually - this must seem ridiculous to Cessie.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #278

[Watchtower General]

She knew Mia, from what she understood she had a machine god which she couldn't remember the name of right now. "Ask how they work?" Like asking their kami? Her understanding of aether was sadly rather incomplete, but this sounded very much like that.

9. - Top - End - #279

[Watchtower General]

"It's worked so far. With little stuff, like the coffee machine or the... the microwave," Cornelia pronounces 'microwave' as if she's saying it the first time. Perhaps she is. Things like that don't exist, where she's from.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

10. - Top - End - #280

[Watchtower General]

Cessie only had a vague concept of what those machines even were, but she got the jest of it. "So you're saying you can learn how a vehicle capable of flight works just by 'talking' to it?"

11. - Top - End - #281

[Watchtower General]

"I... I can try, marm," Cornelia promises. "Whadda we need it fer, anyways?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #282

[Watchtower General]

"I was actually wondering if you wanted to help me with something Cornelia. There is a place called 'the hunting grounds', are you familiar with it?" The sorceress asks.

13. - Top - End - #283

[Watchtower General]

"A lil', marm. Rumours mostly. Somethin bad thar?" Cornelia asks, suddenly interested. Some action could do her good. Have to keep sharp, pap always said. It's how they getcha.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

[Planning Room]

"Ah. So all of you are going along?"

[Airship Hanger]

The noisy airship continues to be... uh... noisy! There are sounds of tools and metal coming from inside. The door is conveniently open. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

[Planning Room]

DC shakes his head. "Not me-I have corporate business to begin, I'm sure you understand how that feels. Wenomir is going with the Irregular representative, Cessie's going with one of the other members. Though part of me worries I might get rusty at this rate."
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

16. - Top - End - #286

[Watchtower General]

"The area is inhabited with very dangerous creatures that attack those who dare to set their foot there. But what I'm worried about now is that the area might have been infested with a strange mutative disease known as 'the corruption' which have been spread by so-called demons." Cessie explains.

"Me and the other leaders are going to split into teams and survey the area for the possibility of such an infestation. I was wondering if you'd be willing to come along into my team." With the exception of DC of course.

[Planning Room]

Cessie stops as she hears the discussion. "You could lead a third team there KR, the more of the area we scan, the better after all." The sorceress suggests. "In any case, I'll be going now." Which she will unless someone likes to stop her.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-17 at 05:07 AM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

[Planning Room]

"We'll make sure to give you a villain to mind-crush one of these days, DC," Wenomir says, in a rare display of humor. "And yes, I'm leaving with Hill. You could also get a member and go on patrol. The Hunting Grounds are pretty big."

[Airship Hangar]

Apparently sharing some of his uncle's disregard for danger, Siemko wanders into the airship. He's wondering if it's all technology or magic. He has trouble telling them apart.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

18. - Top - End - #288

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Watchtower General]

"The area is inhabited with very dangerous creatures that attack those who dare to set their foot there. But what I'm worried about now is that the area might have been infested with a strange mutative disease known as 'the corruption' which have been spread by so-called demons." Cessie explains.

"Me and the other leaders are going to split into teams and survey the area for the possibility of such an infestation. I was wondering if you'd be willing to come along into my team." With the exception of DC of course.
    "Happily, marm. We gonna see any action?" Cornelia asks, smiling a little grimly.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #289

[Watchtower General]

"I hope not." The sorceress replies. "Our goal is to survey the area, not engage in any fights. I'd still prepare for the worst though, this area is crawling with dangerous monsters after all."

20. - Top - End - #290

[Watchtower General]

"Sure thing. When do we start?" Cornelia says, straightening up. She looks down at the orangish-white Deus Mechanicus robe she's been wearing and sighs. It certainly won't do for a gunfight. Best to change before they go.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #291

[Watchtower General]

"First we need go get a vehicle to get us there, so if you could help me pilot it, that would be great." Cessie replies. "Though I guess we both need a change of clothes first."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-17 at 07:37 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292

[Watchtower General]

"Aye ma'am. At least a pair o' pants or somethin. Meet ye back here in a dash," Cornelia says, right before hurrying off toward her and Boris's room. When she returns, the gunsmith's dressed in a pair of old-timey men's slacks and a simple button-down shirt. A long, slim duster, along with her pap's hat and a bandanna, complete the tomboyish ensemble. "Now where's 'is hangar at? Upstairs, mayhap?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #293

[Watchtower General===>Hangar]

When Cornelia meets up with Cessie, the sorceress is actually dressed in a armor described in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Thanksmas Throne]

Harnel smiles and reaches into the bag, "I may have just what you're looking for."

And he pulls out this. the exception to the image being that the breasts on this armor aren't highlighted. Seriously, whose bright idea was that?

The armor itself is made of supple leather (With some light metal parts), and it's enchanted as a kinetic barrier. The more force going into it, the more force it'll exert to stop it; a hug is fine, but a punch will hit it like it's solid metal, and it'll stop a bullet cleanly.

He holds it up for Cessie to look over.
    The chest part is completely black without those tiny breast buckles. She have also removed the leather part over the left shoulder which really doesn't seem to fill any practical function.
    Still she looks rather uncomfortable just standing around with it but nods curtly as Cornelia asks, "Yes, I can lead you to it." And off they go. Cornelia will get a lot of vehicles to choose from.

24. - Top - End - #294

[Hangar]

The outfit doesn't draw much reaction from Cornelia. Certainly doesn't look like fightin' clothes - 'specially with the skirt n' all - but she won't object to Cessie's tastes. No point questioning wizards, her da' used to say. Or witches, in this case.

"My... is it alright if we take some o' these?" Cornelia asks hesitantly. The only thing she can spot that looks to be in good shape is the K-corp Zeppelin, and that looks awfully... expensive.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #295

[Hangar]

Cessie thought the very same thing when she first saw it.
    Apparently it's magic though. *nodnod*

"Ah, yes I guess so." The sorceress replies as she see the zeppelin, looking even more uncomfortable moving in the armor then standing still with it. The zeppelin didn't look particularly safe in her opinion but if Cornelia wanted it, they would take it.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-19 at 04:02 AM.

26. - Top - End - #296

[Hangar]

"Y'know, you're in luck Missus Mithar. My pap loved flyin' machines. Blimps were some o' the only ones around on my planet. He used to tell me 'bout aeronautics and all 'at bother," Cornelia flashes a gold-speckled grin at the sorceress. "Here's hopin' I still remember, aye?" That said, she hops aboard, heading up the ramp and into the gondola to have her look around.

She focuses, real hard, just like Mia always told her too. Runs her hands along the thing. Gets familiar. It's an intimate way of thinking, it is... but weirdly enough, it works. She listens to the scratchy noises in the back of her head, tuning out the voices of men and searching for the voice of the machine, the puff of exhaust or twitch of a gear. There's a spirit, 'bout these things - and it guides her hands to the right places. In a way, the bigger things are easier - it's the smallest machines that have the smallest voices.

The airship powers up without more than a few minutes of meditation and some mechanical prepwork. She removes her hand from what she'd hoped was the main engine starter, grinning like a mad woman. "Oh, aye, this is gonna be fun."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

27. - Top - End - #297

[Hangar]

"We have zeppelins too in my world, I prefer ships though." The mage replies as she is standing, waiting for the ship to start up. The principles of this ship ought to be similar, just something that can make it lighter then air and something that drives it's forward. It was very basic things really.

As the ship starts up, the sorceress can't help at looking a bit nervous. She did recognize Cornelia's... enthusiasm though. "I'm sure." Is all the reply she can muster at this point though.

28. - Top - End - #298

[Hangar]

Well, it might seem basic to Cessie, but Cornelia hasn't seen a zeppelin since she was very small. Never even got into the bridge or whatever ya call it. For all she knows, this thing flies with magic whale farts.

"Now, yer gonna have to point the way," Cornelia says, as the airship begins to rise. It'll float slowly toward the mouth of the hangar, with Nelia dashing around the bridge checking dials and gauges. She can't tell what half of them mean yet, but it's good practice. Besides, it makes her look more professional for Cessie.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #299

[Hangar]

"Okay... I have flied from watchtower before so this should be no problem as I thankfully brought a map. I haven't actually been there myself you see?" She says as she pulls a map up which will lead them to the hunting grounds.

We can probably skip there now, I'll post first.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Main Room]

Mia sights, this may be even harder then assumed. Deus mechanicus got her a heavy task with that.

"Ok then again, should we go Riverside, where the gouverment changed, Outside, which is a really big place, Inside, where a team already searches for demons or should we go to the Acros like AMEN GloG etc., where people might missundersand our task?"

"Riverside would not welcome interference, I think. Inside is large enough that it could hold more than one team, I think, so it's a possibility. Outside, well, as you said, that's a bit large to be hunting for demons in.

The acros are possibilities, but let's hold off for now. So Inside."