New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: WATCHTOWER 16: Quick and Dirty

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    [Unforgivable Heresy/Entrance]

Less visible, though, is a quiet attempt at reading Magtok's mind. All the better to call bluffs with if he's not going to go along with this.
    Wow! All of that, just for curtains? I think I might've let my reputation get a little out of hand. Seriously, there is no way I'm that good in the sack. I'll have to ask about those businesses too, that sounds like something I should've already known about from somewhere.

Magtok just stands there, thinking. Jezebel can do the talking for now. She seems to be doing pretty well, and he can't come up with anything that would add upon what she said, anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Unspeakable Heresy

"For as much of a psychic you're supposed to be, you didn't catch much."
    Jezebel mutters before speaking up. "Like I said, I'll drop any and all grievances against Watchtower and it's members for actions committed against my organization, in return for two hours inside one room with the Cyborg." Jezebel summarizes with a quirked eyebrow. "As far as "idiocy" goes, how is this idiotic? Even if I "lost", I would simply be back again and again, and it would be far more costly for you than me. This is a way for there to be actual peace between us rather than paranoia and aggression. Or do you really wish for the world to know that you approve of the impalement of young maids by trained swordsmen in your employ?" She asks.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Troll in the Playground

[Unforgivable Heresy]

"Threats of blackmail aside, the use of one room for matters of a personal nature in exchange for a truce seems a most simple matter to accept," Shawna observes. "Matters of personal pride should not be allowed to color judgement."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #364
    Orc in the Playground

"..."

DC turns and looks at Magtok. "You're not going to let her start a war so you can screw on a ****ing pool table, are you?"
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

[Unforgivable Heresy]

"I believe you have that backwards, Fearless Leader." Shawna interjects, frowning.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Yazon snorts. "You think we want to send the message that we'll bend over just because someone starts tossing a few threats around? Not everyone's gonna bend over and take it from you like tin head there."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-01-16 at 10:12 PM.

7. - Top - End - #367

Unforgivable Heresy/Entrance

Magtok blinks. "Let her? You think I could stop her?"

As for Yazon, he has absolutely nothing to say to that. Sputtering and insisting that such a thing would never happen is beneath our cyborg. Also, for all he knows, Yazon might be right. D=
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-01-16 at 10:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Unspeakable Heresy

"People have gone to war over lesser reasons, haven't they?"
    The Daemon asks with a raised eyebrow. "And the death of a loved one is quite an adequate reason compared to many. The question now is whether you believe me to be of sound mind and capable enough of going through with such a threat." Jezebel tells the psychic. "As for everyone believing you just "bent over and took it", it won't happen as what we agree to today doesn't have to even leave this room nor even a written agreement. One's word is enough."

9. - Top - End - #369
    Orc in the Playground

"We have absolutely no reason to trust you, one way or another. Now, I don't know what the rest of us here think, but I would assume that you're smart enough not to start a conflict that will end in the destruction of your holdings over, again, screwing on a pool table. If you were seeking retribution, you would be doing it already, and will do it anyway, regardless of what occurs here." DC's glare is right back now. "Because if you want revenge as you say, and believe me I know the feeling, you would not abandon it for something so petty. All you're trying to do here is add some extra humiliation on top of it."
    Last edited by Darkcomet; 2013-01-16 at 10:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

"Do not presume that others share your traits. To do so is to presume and tempt a horrid fate."

Shawna, her brief attempt at hexadecapentameter done, turns and walks away in the direction of the room she and Jeremy share, a somewhat disgusted expression on her face.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Unspeakable Heresy

"You're assuming that I was in a better position before. That I had the power and ability to seek out what I wanted. I wasn't." Jezebel tells the psychic. "To do so would have been utter suicide for no reason. But now that I have a reason to be here, and power enough to back myself up, then consider conflict to be a little side interest. I don't wish it, and would much rather have peace, but unless I get the word from you, I have to consider us at arms with each other, don't I?" She asks rhetorically. "As far as losing everything goes, do you think that hasn't happened to me before? I've been low enough that I had to sell myself on the streets just to get a bit of table scraps. What you think of as "humiliation", is nothing more than a mild irritation to your pride."

"Your own question goes both ways as well. Are you willing to risk everything for the sake of your own pride? Because I am." She asks with a vicious grin.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

"A man's pride isn't a thing you can buy with petty threats and your little display of self righteousness. If you want peace so badly, then walk away and never come back instead of running your mouth off." Yazon says.

13. - Top - End - #373

Hospital
    In the hospital is a woman laying in a bed, having been in what would appear to be a coma for the past few days due to extensive injuries.
    Beep. Beep. Beep
    The steady sound of the heart machine. Considering who it's hooked up to, that sound is a godsend.
    Beep. Beep. Beep
    The slow inhale and exhale of the machine that helps a person breath is loud in the room, though that sound means that life is still here in the room.
    Beep. Beep. Beep.
    Her eyes flutter and then open in a panic.
    Kirlia is awake.
    ((I would like if one of the leaders of WATCH would come. Kirlia causing the sinkhole should be known to just them, Kirlia, Black, and Yuki if that's alright...I'd rather that it not be public information >< ))
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

14. - Top - End - #374
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Belkster View Post
    "Here's the form" hands form over "As well I cannot wait for the test too begin"

Form
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Thalmas Walker
    Sex: Male
    Species: Wood Elf
    Profession: Fletcher
    Reason for joining WATCHTOWER: I have heard of it and feel I could help.
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to WATCHTOWER: I have a ring, i have not figured out what it does and why i have it. It showed up in my pocket one day.
    Other Information: I enjoy people but do not like to reveal too much personal history.
    Entrance

Cessie leave but soon return in the company of another watchmember who can be described by his player. "Thalmas, I want you to meet Wenomir, one of the other leaders of watchtower and our current melee expert." She had made up that second part, but it sounded like a title Wenomir was worthy of. "As you're a warrior I thought it fitting that he ran your trial if that's okay."

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

[Entrance]

Wenomir is a tall, scar-covered man wearing mail. He examines the newcomer closely as Cessie leads him there.
    "Cessie is correct. If you want, we can step to the training grounds immediately so I can see what you can do."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #376

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "'Fraid so. I'll try and get the old or sickly ones, if that makes you feel any better," Adir says. He has a nack for discerning such things, even if it's not immediately obvious.

And presumably, an hour or two later, he returns. A bundle of dead birds over one shoulder. For the sake of convenience, this can be a in a seperate timeline from the Magtok/Jezebel thing.
    Spyridon spends the time obtaining thin strands of silver and preparing the ritual in his room. After Adir returns, the necromancer animates all the dead birds, ties the silver around their feet, and instructs them to fly around Outside looking for the Cuthan demons. He also creates a spell that will signal him whenever the silver glows. The magic seems to barely tire him, but he does head to the kitchen for some food.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

17. - Top - End - #377
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

[Entrance]

Alright lead the way"
    Last edited by Sgtpepper; 2013-01-17 at 02:59 PM.
    I am just a worthless liar.
    I am just an imbecile.
    I will only complicate you.
    Trust in me and fall as well.
    I will find a center in you.
    I will chew it up and leave,
    I will work to elevate you
    Just enough to bring you down.

Tool.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Hospital
    In the hospital is a woman laying in a bed, having been in what would appear to be a coma for the past few days due to extensive injuries.
    Beep. Beep. Beep
    The steady sound of the heart machine. Considering who it's hooked up to, that sound is a godsend.
    Beep. Beep. Beep
    The slow inhale and exhale of the machine that helps a person breath is loud in the room, though that sound means that life is still here in the room.
    Beep. Beep. Beep.
    Her eyes flutter and then open in a panic.
    Kirlia is awake.
    ((I would like if one of the leaders of WATCH would come. Kirlia causing the sinkhole should be known to just them, Kirlia, Black, and Yuki if that's alright...I'd rather that it not be public information >< ))
    Hospital

If she turns her eyes to the side, she may see Yuki slouching down in a chair at her bedside. After a few seconds, he leans forward and gives her a lopsided smile. "Hey there Kirlia-san. Finally awake, are we?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

19. - Top - End - #379

Hospital
    Kirlia sat up and took the breathing device off of her face.
    "Ugh...I feel like I was hit with a truck...what happened?"
    She puts a hand to her head as she brushed back her hair.
    Being in a coma for a few days gives you a major case of bed hair
    Busy with Life

20. - Top - End - #380

Hospital
    Kirlia sat up and took the breathing device off of her face.
    "Ugh...I feel like I was hit with a truck...what happened?"
    She puts a hand to her head as she brushed back her hair.
    Being in a coma for a few days gives you a major case of bed hair
    Hospital

"Whoa whoa whoa..." Yuki reaches out to firmly keep Kirlia down on the bed. "Don't sit up yet. I don't know if you're completely healed."

Replying to her question, the doctor gives a faint smile and winces slightly. "Well... in brief, you used your 'kamehameha' thing to destroy a bunch of demons (andaboutfourcityblocksofInside), and you received some pretty bad bruising and internal bleeding from that."
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

[Entrance]

Alright lead the way"
    Wenomir will lead Thalmas to the Training Grounds, which are currently empty, save for one console.
    "Why don't you tell me what you can do so I can run an obstacle course for you," the warrior says as he steps behind the console.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

22. - Top - End - #382

HalflingRogueGuy

"I'm exceptionally good with a bow. Other than that I can hide unlike most have ever seen"

Trying not to sound like a typical uppity elf.
    I am just an imbecile.

Tool.

23. - Top - End - #383

Hospital
    Kirlia leans back in the bed.
    "But...that's impossible. I've never been able to do that."
    She rubbed her side.
    "Plus I think I'm fine, Yuki."
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm exceptionally good with a bow. Other than that I can hide unlike most have ever seen"

Trying not to sound like a typical uppity elf.
    "A bow, you say. Let's try something simple at first, then."
    Wenomir pushes a few buttons on the console and a set of targets rises from the ground a good distance in front of Thalmas. They begin to slide sideways rather quickly. A mechanical arm delivers a bow and a set of arrows to him.
    "Try to hit as many targets as you can."
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-01-17 at 05:57 PM.

25. - Top - End - #385

Hospital
    Kirlia leans back in the bed.
    "But...that's impossible. I've never been able to do that."
    She rubbed her side.
    "Plus I think I'm fine, Yuki."
    [Hospital]

Yuki shrugs and keeps his hand on Kirlia's shoulder. "Well, considering that you shouted 'Kamehameha!' right before you fired it..."

"Anyway, it doesn't matter what you think. Some problems can be hidden for a long time before finally popping in the most inopportune of times."
    He taps the screen of the hospital scanner and begins to thoroughly scan Kirlia for any remaining injuries. He gives her a cheerful smile. "You are still my patient, after all."

26. - Top - End - #386

HalflingRogueGuy

[Training Grounds]

Shoots effortlessly and hits all but one.

"I'd hit them all but it appears as though I have broken the bow"

Stares at the broken bow in his hands.
    Last edited by Sgtpepper; 2013-01-17 at 06:24 PM.
    I am just an imbecile.

Tool.

27. - Top - End - #387

Hospital
    Oh dear.
    Kirlia has gotten completely out of bed.
    "Nope. They don't pay me to deal with you as a doctor."
    After what she had seen in those tunnels...he seems to be quite far from a man of medicine
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

[Training Grounds]

Shoots effortlessly and hits all but one.

"I'd hit them all but it appears as though I have broken the bow"

Stares at the broken bow in his hands.
    Wenomir shakes his head. "How did you manage that?"

29. - Top - End - #389

HalflingRogueGuy

[Training Ground
    Well what I forgot to mention was if it can break and it's "new" to me such as the bow, I somehow always without mistake break it."
    Last edited by Sgtpepper; 2013-01-17 at 07:18 PM.
    I am just an imbecile.

Tool.

30. - Top - End - #390

Hospital
    Oh dear.
    Kirlia has gotten completely out of bed.
    "Nope. They don't pay me to deal with you as a doctor."
    After what she had seen in those tunnels...he seems to be quite far from a man of medicine
    Hospital

Yuki frowns and gives Kirlia a disapproving look. "Fine, don't listen to the guy with actual medical training. We'll see what happens when you start undergoing hypovolemic shock..." He rolls his eyes and mutters something darkly under his breath.
    He's not quite your... standard doctor. His specialization is in incapacitating strange creatures and harvesting grafts from them.