Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game of Sticks

1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Game of Sticks

Quote Originally Posted by SubLimePie View Post
    Nice humour in your writing !
    I have a suggestion for colours though - the colours you're placing next to each other all have very high brightness and saturation (like Ollie's hair, eyes, skin, and shirt).
    This has the effect of assaulting the reader's eyes, as well as leading to a bit of confusion since we're drawn to the brightest part of the page.
    Especially with the background (that grass!), you could tone down the brightness and saturation.

I suggest strategically contrasting low-saturation-low-brightness with high-saturation-high-brightness complementary colours (opposite to each other on the colour wheel) to create tension,
    or placing similar-brightness-and-saturation analogous colours (next to each other on the colour wheel) for them to blend in.
    I'm glad you're enjoying the writing. :D

And I have to admit, I cannot claim to be an artist. When it comes to the visuals this comic has been the most impressive thing I've ever (sort of) drawn, and I don't believe that saying much. So I appreciate the insight. I'll see what I can do to make the color scheme a little less aggressive.

The Ultimate Fancomic Experience

Or something. I don't know, I'm bad at hooks, but you should click it.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey, good job with this comic :D i really appreciate it, and i registered here only because of you! You must suffer for this! (Not really xD)
    Btw, thanks for still posting your work and for what you do, i only think you have to make better sooo much things, because after the prologue it start to be annoying sometimes (obv not everytime :P), personally i prefer the kind of gags of fhe prologue because i think some of the other gags are used too often.. but it's k anyway for now, i only hope you would continue learn and have fun doing it :D

Note: i don't approve some point of the critic from LimePie because i like somewhat sometime that oversaturation, so i think it would be a personal taste, but i never studied things like that and i kinda agree the point of +saturation=attenction.. still i like it.

Oh, and i want to add something; i don't want to be too critic, is your work and it's ok, but i by myself i think that your story starts to seem without a point, an objective, at now we don't know nothing of the pg and of the plot either, so it start to be a bit annoyng, knowing that they travel but not why (also some cliche you used are very common dude..), delete all if it was a deliberate decision of yours xD then i'm sorry.

(Sry for the bad/bed eng, i'm at bed and not "anglo-phone" :P )

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

Hmm i hope someday this comic would go ahead... would it?
    Yaaaaaay!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

Maybe not ...
    Yaaaaaay!