New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Devil

Default D20 Pulp Heroes Questions

So at some point in the last couple of years I lost my copy of polyhedron 161 also known as Dungeon 102.

I'm pretty sure in it there were updated Pulp Hero characters to d20 modern. My questions relate to the Explorer class. I had made a character with 2 levels of Explorer had all the first and second level abilities, one of which was trailblazer. I have no idea now what trailblazer does since I lost the magazine. I also want to level this character at least to 8 and again have no clue what other things she would gain along the way. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
    The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
    DM: What are you looking for?
    Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
    DM: Like what?
    Rogue: Everything.
    DM: There is a lot of stuff.
    Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
    DM: (rolls) Yes.
    Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: D20 Pulp Heroes Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Gelcur View Post
    So at some point in the last couple of years I lost my copy of polyhedron 161 also known as Dungeon 102.

I'm pretty sure in it there were updated Pulp Hero characters to d20 modern. My questions relate to the Explorer class. I had made a character with 2 levels of Explorer had all the first and second level abilities, one of which was trailblazer. I have no idea now what trailblazer does since I lost the magazine. I also want to level this character at least to 8 and again have no clue what other things she would gain along the way. Can anyone help?

Thanks.
    Pulp Heroes was originally published as a D&D setting in Polyhedron, before being published as a d20 Modern setting in Polyhedron. The most recent Pulp Heroes was in the book d20 Past, long out of print.

iirc, trailblazer allows you to ignore the movement penalty for difficult terrain when moving overland (it has no effect on combat speeds). A successful Survival check is needed to use it to aid a group of people, although the xact DC number escapes me.