New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: the S.S.S. V.A.S.C.U NWoD crossover

Quote Originally Posted by Nyt View Post
    Daes seems to be a mirror of the other mage. He calmly walks to his seat, and watches the agents expectantly without bothering to touch the computer. as he sits down facing the agents, he reclines easily in his seat putting one leg over the other and fixing his steel grey eyes on the new handlers, fingers inter-locked, hands resting in his lap.

As he does this, he scans the room for any supernatural disturbances in the twilight, looking through Nightsong's eyes, who crouches off to his right.
    You glance over to the heavy metal door and you see what looks to be a large padlock siting in front of it but if you look closer you see that it's a animate creature, a sprit if that wasn't apparent. The spirt appears to be curled in on it's self: the "tail" forms the bar, it's "mouth" holds the tail, the "head" is indistinguishable form the rest of the body, the "eyes" are placed in a semicircle around the out side of the "lock" starting at the head and ending at the base of the tail, Except for the eye at the bottom of the lock wich is covered by a large flat piece of metal, many strong "arms" hold each other forming the center of the "lock" and two of them are holding the flat price if metal converting the bottom eye.
    OOG: phew please tell me you get that?

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
    "I'm sure you do, lovey. But all the kind belief in the world won't scourge the evil out of men. We hear it in your thoughts: drifting irrythmic, denuded of rhyme or clef, utterly unmusical; sickening, profane--" Der Ohrwurm's voice, having reached its crescendo, cuts off. Mrs. Lovett draws a deep, calming breath.

"Take it from us, dear--everyone's a monster. Some of us are just better at it."
    You actually find that when your voice gets to musical your collar actually vibrates and throws off your "song"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"I don't follow trends in time, I find that they just end up repeating themselves a couple decades or centuries later. Culture is extremely cyclical if you take the long view." said Jacob in a bored tone as he leaned against a wall.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_common_man View Post
    You actually find that when your voice gets to musical your collar actually vibrates and throws off your "song"
    (Which is why Der Ohrwurm couldn't finish its rant and had to go back into character as Mrs. Lovett to deliver the last few lines.)
    "Once upon a time, a story was never finished..."

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisti View Post
    (Which is why Der Ohrwurm couldn't finish its rant and had to go back into character as Mrs. Lovett to deliver the last few lines.)
    OOG: good times just checking

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

Marcus walked over to this desk, sat down and took a moment to familiarising with it. Opening the drawers to see what they contained, adjusting the height of the chair so that he sat comfortably and started the computer intending to examine it's programs and try to access the inevitable e-mail function.
    It would do, for now.

He largely ignored the banter between the agents and his fellow "monsters". It was plain unneccessary to antagonize their wardens at this point. When the exchange toned down a bit Marcus spoke, aimed at both the agents but not looking up from the organising of his desk.
    "When either of you have a minute I have two matters of some importance I would like to discuss."
    Last edited by Aux-Ash; 2012-11-02 at 01:29 AM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

"We seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot. Agent... Stayer was it?" thought phrased as a question there was nothing uncertain in the tone.

"The problem was that just now, you showed weakness. The sharp response you gave, and after far too little time, indicates that I had hit a nerve either with analysis of you or with sustained dialog.

Quite simply, we are going to need you to be better. Among monsters we are sadly on the benevolent end of the scale. The threats which will require our unique talents to resolve will be both more malicious and possibly better at getting into your head.

Your first mistake was answering Mrs. Lovett's question. Never ever do that. There is an injunction in your own interrogation handbook about this very thing. It gives away something about you and is thus a starting point for finding chinks in your armor.
    "
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hush, you. You'll undermine my strategy," says Mrs. Lovett with a smirk.
    "Once upon a time, a story was never finished..."

9. - Top - End - #99
    Halfling in the Playground

OOG: phew please tell me you get that?
    OoC: In fact I did thanks. :)

Understanding from his familiar just what the purified fellow is, he leans forward and covertly gets Jacob's attention.

Failing that he whispers. To the spirit at his side and gibes him instructions in the first tongue.Bl Nightsong moves over and says Hello, ressurected one. I am The Widows' Song in the Dark, or Nightsong. It is our will that we might be allies. We would like to know if you are associated. Wig the lock in the corner there. he says, indicating he spirit in the corner.
    It's pronounced, "Night", not "Knit".

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Griffon

Agent Stayer sighed. "Your analysis had nothing to do with it. Simply put, I just don't want to have anything to do with any of you. I've had my fair share of monsters, I don't want to work with them."

She turned her attention away and looked up at Marcus. "I have a moment. What is it?"
    "What is it they say about how nothing can stop the mail?"
    "Isn't it: In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall... No, wait. That's the Green Lantern Oath."
    Check out my new Deviantart!

Quote Originally Posted by Kell_tamer
    Horus, I love you so so much you magnificent Egyptian pony god man!
    Previous Avatar by Cuthalion
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aux-Ash View Post
    Marcus walked over to this desk, sat down and took a moment to familiarising with it. Opening the drawers to see what they contained, adjusting the height of the chair so that he sat comfortably and started the computer intending to examine it's programs and try to access the inevitable e-mail function.
    It would do, for now.

He largely ignored the banter between the agents and his fellow "monsters". It was plain unneccessary to antagonize their wardens at this point. When the exchange toned down a bit Marcus spoke, aimed at both the agents but not looking up from the organising of his desk.
    "When either of you have a minute I have two matters of some importance I would like to discuss."
    Currently there is nothing in your desk except for some basic office supplies (pens, paper clips, some paper etc etc).
    You do have accsess to the Internet but its a land line and it isn't the fastest thing in the world. You also have accsess to Microsoft office and what looks to be some basic analyzing softwear.
    Last edited by the_common_man; 2012-11-02 at 10:27 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102

Marcus turns his attention to agent Stayer, leaning his elbows on the desk and pyramiding his fingers in front of his face.

"As your files no doubt inform you, I have certain enviromental and dietary concerns that needs to be addressed before the night is ended. I need a room into which I can keep the sun from getting in. Thick walls, no windows, solid roof, a few thick carpets and the ability to lock from the inside.

My second issue is no doubt the less palpatable. I require a reliable source of fresh blood or permission to handle it myself. I do not need to kill nor will my condition spread from the act, if it calms any concerns you might have."

The pale unliving man peered at the agents, waiting to see their reactions. Not moving a muscle, his eyes fixed on agent Stayer.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

"What of that which is in you, hungry and full of wrath? I trust you are honest in your intention, but what of your leash upon it."

While he was a master neither of life nor death, resonance was as clear as water to the eyeless perception of the Saturnian mage. Indeed, he perceived nothing else. There was no sound, there was the resonance of the intention they carried. There was no color, there was the resonance of the feelings they carried and of the energy of their light. There was not even tactile feedback, only the resonance of the interaction.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

The agents do know that there have been arrangements made for this... problem there was a vampire on the original S.S.S. and one of the rooms has been fitted for this also there a delivery of rodents on the way.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Aux-Ash View Post
    Marcus turns his attention to agent Stayer, leaning his elbows on the desk and pyramiding his fingers in front of his face.

"As your files no doubt inform you, I have certain enviromental and dietary concerns that needs to be addressed before the night is ended. I need a room into which I can keep the sun from getting in. Thick walls, no windows, solid roof, a few thick carpets and the ability to lock from the inside.

My second issue is no doubt the less palpatable. I require a reliable source of fresh blood or permission to handle it myself. I do not need to kill nor will my condition spread from the act, if it calms any concerns you might have."

The pale unliving man peered at the agents, waiting to see their reactions. Not moving a muscle, his eyes fixed on agent Stayer.
    "Accommodations for you needs have already been taken care of. You have a room to sleep in during the day, and you are under no circumstances to take blood which we don't provide for you."
    "Isn't it: In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall... No, wait. That's the Green Lantern Oath."

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106

Marcus smiles, keeping the fangs hidden but still keeping his hands clasped before him. Speaking clearly, with the tone of someone conducting a business deal.

"Excellent. I am glad we got this out of our way, I find it is best not to make any assumtions regarding people's familiarity of the subject. As long as my supply is regular I do not believe we have much trouble. If it grows insufficient, I will inform you."

The vampire turned his attention towards "mr. Lecter", the young man who had spoken. Inside the beast growled against some sort of percieved slight. But Marcus kept his smile up, unflinching and in control.

"You are very well informed. Rest assured that barring unfortunate circumstances, you should not have much to fear."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

"Simply perceptive."

He nodded slightly.

In the interest of not making assumptions, does anyone have terms which should generally be avoided? Given our various... idiosyncrasies, it would probably be best to avoid pushing each other's buttons.

For example, do you prefer the term vampire or find it offensive? I used hemophage earlier as it seemed to lack any cultural connotations, though if it was overly clinical I apologize.

He turned to look at the agents.

There is also the issue of what we are going to be doing between missions. Are we all to stay in our cells? Stay in the building? What sort of life or lack there of can we expect while we are part of this initiative.
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2012-11-04 at 06:02 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Exthalion View Post
    "Simply perceptive."

He nodded slightly.

In the interest of not making assumptions, does anyone have terms which should generally be avoided? Given our various... idiosyncrasies, it would probably be best to avoid pushing each other's buttons.

For example, do you prefer the term vampire or find it offensive? I used hemophage earlier as it seemed to lack any cultural connotations, though if it was overly clinical I apologize.

He turned to look at the agents.

There is also the issue of what we are going to be doing between missions. Are we all to stay in our cells? Stay in the building? What sort of life or lack there of can we expect while we are part of this initiative.
    The agents know that the contract the squadies singed dose give them certain privileges: the ability to go out in the world; bars, the movies, you know stuff; the also get accsess to Internet, entertainment. Of course all that is under your supervision and if there is a security risk you do have recourse to revoke these privlages even send them back to prison for serious infractions. That being said if there's a job to be done or you need them for anything they've got to drop what they're doing and come running.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"I was hoping to go unnoticed for a bit longer. I trust you will be able to keep this a secret from the rest of them? I would be willing to discuss an alliance later." whispered Jacob to Nightsong as he casually moved towards the corner Nightsong indicated.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

Hey agents roll me wits+empathy to tell that the mage and the Vigilante are plotting and mage and Vigilante roll presence+ Subterfuge in order not to be caught.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    wits empathy (4d10)[2][2][10][4](18)

Agent Lovegood clears her throat. "To explain your situation more fully, you are criminals on a temporary and experimental work-release program. The previous SSS was taken from us before enough data had been generated, but tentatively provided favorable results.

"Assuming good behavior, supervised forays into the surrounding areas are permitted. There are accommodations here for all of you, and you are expected to make your residence here for ease of assembling the team.

"It appears the basement is dangerous; do not enter it. The upstairs is where Agent Stayer and my offices are -- please observe common courtesy regarding personal property. You each have your own workspaces and may stake claim to one of the rooms in the back.

"I want to impress upon you all that the entire premise is under VASCU surveillance, naturally, and that you are still criminals under the law of the United States of America. Please help this program to continue to thrive, and together we can help the common good."
    While that seemed more like a speech than she would have liked, Agent Lovegood ends with a professional smile that doesn't quite reach her eyes. Throughout, her voice is level and businesslike, without harsh threat or soft emotion.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

22. - Top - End - #112

"Let's avoid vampire, it is not a term we use between ourselves in any great extent. Hemophage I am not too keen on either. Mostly because every once in a while you actually end up meeting someone that takes it seriously and believe me it is a chore to handle that.

Not to mention that if any other of my kind would end up hearing of it, our collective existance just turned a great deal more difficult. There is a reason our existance is not widely known.

As such, I'd prefer my name. Marcus."

Marcus turned his head towards agent Lovegood and listened attently. Giving her a curt nod as she finished.

23. - Top - End - #113

"So if we're good, we get presents, while naughty little boys get coal? I'll take twelve!" John says in a childlike voice. "And if you would be so kind, I require a pocket watch for company, preferably brass. Iron and his cousin steel don't like me for some reason."
    Awesome Gordon Freemane Avatar by Dirtytabs

ATTENTION: Finally returning (slowly) after a hiatus. I'd rather not talk about it.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Those who post with ponies become ponies themselves.
    And if you stare too long into Equestria, Equestria stares into you.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpotato and Aldurin
    Free action is infinite attacks a round isn't it?

You're right, it's too weak.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Savannah

Extended Signature

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by GFawkes View Post
    "So if we're good, we get presents, while naughty little boys get coal? I'll take twelve!" John says in a childlike voice. "And if you would be so kind, I require a pocket watch for company, preferably brass. Iron and his cousin steel don't like me for some reason."
    Agent Stayer looks to John. "That's basically right, yes." She feels a twinge of sympathy for the poor, broken creature. "And I'm sure we can find a watch for you."

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115

Post Re: the S.S.S. V.A.S.C.U NWoD crossover

[rollv]5d10[/rollv]

Daes leaves Nightsong to advocate for him, knowing that he can trust the spirit to act on their best interest. He turns his full attention back to the matters at hand.

Might I retire then? I have a greet.many wards to see to to protect my new.lodging from spirits and I request time to become acquainted with the spiritual landscape of this area so I can more effectively protect our haven from any further spiritual intrusions.
    Last edited by Nyt; 2012-11-05 at 10:00 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

"While we have no mission would be a good time to... familiarize yourself with your new home. If there are no further questions, Agent Stayer has the floor." Agent Lovegood adjusts her glasses a moment, and if no one else pipes up, goes to the top floor office to check for messages from command.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

"While we are on the subject of requests, would it be possible to acquire hydrogen gas? Rather a lot of it actually. After I set up the perpetual motion machines and the free power, I plan to condense it into its metallic form for use as a super conductor. I... could set up free standing heat gradients to replicate the function of a centrifuge, but that would start taking up a lot of room.

Oh, and what is the policy on compensation for the results of our own industry? With superconducting magnets I can set up some very expensive equipment, the sort that research universities send samples out to be tested because it would cost too much to maintain their own.

Selling room temperature super conductors would of course also net considerable sums, as would selling electricity to the power companies. Given the need for secrecy, I suppose I can't ever actually publish anything could I?
    "

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

"Let's... not get too far ahead of ourselves," Agent Lovegood says skeptically, "give me an itemized list of what you need, and barring any dangerous compounds, we may be able to get you some materials for your spare time."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horus42 View Post
    Agent Stayer looks to John. "That's basically right, yes." She feels a twinge of sympathy for the poor, broken creature. "And I'm sure we can find a watch for you."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyt View Post
    (5d10)[4][10][7][9][8](38)

Daes leaves Nightsong to advocate for him, knowing that he can trust the spirit to act on their best interest. He turns his full attention back to the matters at hand.

Might I retire then? I have a greet.many wards to see to to protect my new.lodging from spirits and I request time to become acquainted with the spiritual landscape of this area so I can more effectively protect our haven from any further spiritual intrusions.
    Hey one of you didn't roll and the other one who did it didn't take
    Last edited by the_common_man; 2012-11-06 at 09:10 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120

Hey one of you didn't roll and the other one who did it didn't take
    Must be something in the server. It worked when you re-posted my post