New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: the S.S.S. V.A.S.C.U NWoD crossover

"A question if I may. Are you particularly attached to that spirit? I could see about removing it if you so desire."

The celestial fire, though how very cool it seemed before the divine, would burn the very pattern of wood, metal, stone, flesh, or spirit. Even Twilight was no defense, for he perceived its song as clearly as he did the Sun singing forth the joy of living flame.

"Have you seen Jacob? I finished the enchantments on this and wished to return it."

OOC: We might need to PM him.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Halfling in the Playground

Shaking his head before Saturn even finishes, Daes sighs quietly. The spirit in question is my familiar. In all honesty, my scolding was perhaps a bit petty. His actions were logical, and will strengthen us both, even if it was against my will. Normally you understand, a familiar bond I created years ago would be unquestionable, and this would not of happened. I was raging more at my own impotence than at any slight on his part.

He stops and glances down at the Shadow wrapping around his legs.

I was once an Arc of Spirit, but in my Hubris, I bound his Essence into my soul. Little did I know, I was not in fact the more powerful will. After a breif period as Duguthim, I regained dominance for a moment and was forced to split my soul into pieces to sever the bond. Part of my soul now resides within the creature, so I need him at my side if I ever intend to regain my status as an Arc. Anyway, I'll send Nightsong to fetch the Purified.
    It's pronounced, "Night", not "Knit".

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

"I would nod in understanding and say some meaningless platitude that indicated I understand. However, one object lesson in the dangers of ignorance is more than sufficient for me."

The hand on the sword tightened though he appeared not to notice.

"Would you care to explain what exactly you mean by all of that? I am also afraid my latin is limited to the short phrases used in papers to prove you are intelligent and a few of the more common statements such as Semper Fidelus. You need not worry about me repeating that, it was all gibberish to me.

Point of fact, I assume we are related only because our auras bear the same sparkles. I did not even suspect there were others like me until I perceived you for the first time.
    "
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2012-12-05 at 02:39 AM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Jacob rose from the bed and stretched yawning at the same time. While he seemed lazy to the untrained eye, he gave off the air of a feline predator, nimble, dexterous but deadly. He pulled a blank white shirt over his head before slipping into a waist-length duster. Checking his appearance in the mirror he found himself presentable before heading out to join the others.

5. - Top - End - #155

Ah. No, there are actually a great many like us, or so I've been led to believe. I was found shortly after I began manifesting my abilities, by an annoying old man who endeavored to drag me into his cult that he called the "Seers of the King" or something of that nature. He told me that an Arc is the highest level of mastery over an 'Arcana', which is like a school or sphere of magic, you know from the rpg's you played when you were younger? Daes grins, I was once a very power Spirit binder. Duguthim is what is made when a Spirit insenuates itself into a mortal Mind and takes control. It means 'Spirit-Claimed' in the spirit tongue. I apologize, I forget that not everyone is in expert in Spirit-matters.

He pauses, and says So basically, I was once much more powerful, but then I made an ass of myself when I tried to become immortal, and now my soul is cut into little pieces and I am trying to stitch it back together to regain my powers. he stops, closes his eyes, whispers something, and opens them again, saying, Ah, Nightsong has found our warrior companion.

Nightsong meets Jacob half-way to the common room and leads him in, saying My Master and the other Mage await in the common room, your blade is finished.

6. - Top - End - #156

Spoiler
    Show
    Is it just the two of us now? I understand having finals, but the rest are just MIA now. Please people, POST something I beg!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Bugbear in the Playground

John finishes a lap of the room, touching every switch and outlet along the way. "This building is sad. It doesn't like being a warehouse. It wants to be a mansion with a biiiiiig staircase leading up, and an even bigger leading down, and one more staircase, just for show." John then leans in uncomfortably close to Daes and inhales deeply through his nose. "You smell like black."
    Awesome Gordon Freemane Avatar by Dirtytabs

ATTENTION: Finally returning (slowly) after a hiatus. I'd rather not talk about it.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Those who post with ponies become ponies themselves.
    And if you stare too long into Equestria, Equestria stares into you.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpotato and Aldurin
    Free action is infinite attacks a round isn't it?

You're right, it's too weak.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Savannah

Extended Signature

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

The Agent looks at her empty inbox and scowls. Between the science-types' ludicrous requests and the freaky freaks' freakiness, she wasn't sure she could take another cloying hour of unguided interaction.

For now, she contents herself with a few moments of peace, looking at the tracking device, studying the camera system, and generally just getting better acquainted with her tools up here.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Griffon

(This game is still going on? I thought it died because the ST couldn't do it any more. I guess I should have paid more close attention...)
    "What is it they say about how nothing can stop the mail?"
    "Isn't it: In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall... No, wait. That's the Green Lantern Oath."
    Check out my new Deviantart!

Quote Originally Posted by Kell_tamer
    Horus, I love you so so much you magnificent Egyptian pony god man!
    Previous Avatar by Cuthalion
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160

(Indeed it is still going, horus. I have taken over as (co)ST. feel free to post again.)

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah, Jacob. Your sword is done for the moment."

The rather plane looking man held it sideways toward its owner.

"Simply swinging it should be enough for you to feel the difference. Also, it has gained the ability to cut spirits as well as flesh. Gazing into the reflection of yours eyes on its blade will hone its spiritual edge but I suggest not doing that for now. If you like I can going into the particulars."

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Griffon

Agent Stayer gets up, same as always, and rolls out of bed. She goes through her daily routine, being grouchy and irritable until she manages to get a cup of coffee. Feeling better and looking actually professional, she heads off to find her partner.

"Any word yet, Agent Lovegood? Or as we still supposed to sit on our hands and babysit the monsters?"
    "Isn't it: In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall... No, wait. That's the Green Lantern Oath."

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

"It would seem command intends us to sit here and wait until the most volatile man breaks," Agent Lovegood replies wryly.
    Thanks Gigi Digi for the avatar.

14. - Top - End - #164

AssassinGuy

"You have my thanks and my gratitude. Please, continue. It is best to familiarize myself with the sword before combat." said Jacob as he held out a hand, to ask the mage to continue.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by psiclone57 View Post
    "It would seem command intends us to sit here and wait until the most volatile man breaks," Agent Lovegood replies wryly.
    She grins and chuckles. "Well, let's just hope it's not one of us."

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

"As I said, when you gaze into the reflection of your eyes upon its blade it becomes able to strike ghosts and spirits and demons and all kinds of non material things.

The process by which its neuminal edge is honed is very delicate. It takes the soul for the immutable stone upon which to be sharpened. If you allow your attention to slip you may be cut yourself or you may cause the blade to slip.

There is within it a reservoir for the excess of soul which may serve in place of your own and which is not subject to such mistakes. It may hold ten measure and each sharpening requires two, one for each side. If you wish you may expend only one and use your soul for the other side.

The reservoir is currently empty. I will be paying out a single measure each day for the next ten. That is the requirement of relinquishment. The other option would be for you to invest a portion of your living soul within it, but I would not recommend it. When it is relinquished to you, we can negotiate my filling of the reservoir. As you can gather I do have other uses for the excess of my spirit.

I would suggest swinging it a few times though, that particular enchantment was a much simpler matter.

Any other questions?
    "

17. - Top - End - #167

AssassinGuy

""No, my curiosity has been sated for now. Thank you for this blade, I am in you debt." said Jacob as he bowed to the mage. "By chance does the sword have a name? A blade this magnificent deserves one."

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

"Don't you recognize it? It is your own."

19. - Top - End - #169

AssassinGuy

"It's name is mine? So it is a reflection of my soul?" queried Jacob.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

"No, I mean that it is your sword. As per our agreement, I enchanted the one that was taken from you by the agents."

21. - Top - End - #171

The day drags on, and the Agents keep interaction with their little team of monsters as short as possible, and everyone tries to get a bit of rest.

Late in the day, just as the sun begins to go down and Marcus is awakening, the agents each recieve a text:

CALL THE OFFICE. We want you to come in.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Griffon

Agent Stayer looks down at her phone. "Let's hope this is a mission..."

She does as she's told, and calls the office.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173

The phone rings once, twice, and just as it rings the third, Agent Stiller picks up the phone. His voice remains in the bored tone you familiar to anyone whose been into the director's office more than once. He says, "Agent Stayer, Is Agent Lovegood there? Good. Put it on speaker phone." He waits for you to comply, and when he hears the change in the electronic buzz that's ever present on electronic devices, he says, "Lovegood, we need you back here, you're being reassigned, along with Der Orwhurm. Stayer, Directer is assigning a new agent to the S.S.S, and to make matters better for you, we've got a case that you guys might be interested in."

"There seems to be some really weird stuff happening downtown, and it isn't looking safe for standard agents to go in alone. We want you to take your group down to the old condemned building on corner of S. Wisner and E. Patrick. Just so you know, there seems to be a combination of different kinds of supernaturals working down there. We've had the typical Vampire signs, along with some of the more... grisly kills we've associated with rogue Lycanthropes in the past."
    Last edited by Nyt; 2013-01-01 at 07:35 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Griffon

"Understood, Sir. We're on it." She says her goodbyes to Agent Lovegood, and hopes that her new partner can fill her friend's shoes.

With that, she relays the Director's orders to the rest of the team.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Griffon

She stands in front of the assembled team. "Alright everyone, here's what we know. There were a series of grisly murders, which started about a month before our predecessors vanished. There was just another, and we're being sent in first. Other than these pictures in the file, nothing has been done at the crime scene. We'll be heading out shortly, so get ready."

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

"I request permission to examine the scene prior to anyone else entering. There are forensics beyond the physical which I wish to analyze. Also, any word on my hydrogen?"

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Griffon

Agent Stayer nods. "Agreed, as long as you tell me everything you find. As for the hydrogen, Agent Lovegood was covering that, and now that she's been reassigned, I don't know what's going on with it. I'll try to see what I can do."

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #178

John sits crosslegged on a chair arm focusing unblinkingly at Agent Stayer. Then he grabs a lamp from a nearby table and talks to it. "I am sorry, my friend. But though you die, the revolution lives. Viva Liberté," and then he smashes it on the ground. He does all this without looking away from Stayer

Grabbing a piece of the resulting ceramic shards, still not looking away from Stayer, he fiddles with it for a few seconds, adjusting himself into a crouching pose. Lowering his head and placing his free hand in front of himself, he raises the shard behind himself, his gaze still fixed on Stayer.

ATTENTION: Finally returning (slowly) after a hiatus. I'd rather not talk about it.

Spoiler
    Show

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Savannah

Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Griffon

One hand immediately flies to her gun, and the other to the trigger of John's failsafe device.

"Put it down. Nice and slowly."

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #180

John tenses his legs, then lunges towards Stayer. He trips on the extra weight from the ankle tracker, and manages simply to land flat on the floor from the chair. His gazes shifts from Agent Stayer to off to the side of her. "And where do you think you're going, you little bastard?!"

Spoiler
    Show

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Savannah

Extended Signature