New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: Want to know what region we haven't had enough of? Let's storylocke Pokemon White

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    I've only wiped to a gym leader once with that, and that was because I went in at level like 10 with two pokemon that were weak to the gym leader (First emerald run, before Illven)
    That fight with Cheren is the only time I've ever wiped to a gym leader.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Want to know what region we haven't had enough of? Let's storylocke Pokemon White

I lost my Purrloin, said "screw it", and pulled out the Genesect.
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

3. - Top - End - #63
    Colossus in the Playground

Ch 8 The Insect badge just Bugs me
    Spoiler
    Show

Nate Thankfully the following day I was able to get to Castellia gym. I walked up to the receptionist. Hey, miss. Is Burgh free to battle? She looked at her computer screen.
    Receptionist Yes, but word of warning he might be somewhat difficult to get a battle out of.
    Nate ... Why?
    Receptionist He's easily distracted from battle, and very hard to get out of his art.
    Nate Maybe I should come back later then? I mean I'd hate to disturb him now. She waved her hand dismissively.
    Receptionist He shouldn't be drawing during gym hours anyway. But the league wants to show that we're not all about Pokemon battles. She said sarcastic.
    Nate Um... Okay if you're sure. I walked into the arena.

Nate The first thing I saw was Burgh painting on a easel. Hey Burgh? Are you ready to battle?
    Burgh Go away. I'm CREATING!
    Nate Uh. Burgh I walked over to him and gently poked the shoulder he wasn't holding the brush in.
    Burgh Did you not hear me?! CREATING!
    Nate That's nice, but the gym's open and I want to challenge you.
    Burgh You dare to interrupt my masterpiece!!!.... He turned away from the easel, and when he saw me, he shook his head.
    Burgh Oh.... sorry. I thought you were one of the receptionist bitching about how I “don't do my job.” You're here for a trainer battle? He asked as he moved the easel out of the way.
    Nate Yes. Three on three right?
    Burgh Correct. Let me see the picture you and your pokemon have painted together! Go Swadloon!
    Nate I face-palmed as I sent out Tyler. Tyler I choose you!
    Tyler *sigh* To kill another pokemon for sport.... To stop Team Plasma's corruption, I must become corrupted myself.

Nate Tyler Wing attack! I shouted out. Tyler rushed the bug as it's wings glowed with energy.
    Burgh Swadloon razor leaf!
    A swarm of leaves were sent from the Swadloon, which Tyler barely managed to evade by diving to the ground. The Swadloon leaped towards Tyler ramming into him.
    Nate Tyler! Bite it, bite it!
    Burgh Don't let stress ruin the picture. Tyler started biting, as the Swadloon slashed at it with razor sharp leaves. Tyler managed to hang on to Swadloon and started flying high.
    Nate Tyler! Throw it down! I shouted as I saw the Swadloon continue to hack at him with it's razor leaves.
    Burgh Swadloon struggle bug now!
    The Swadloon started punching and kicking as best it could with it's lack of real limbs, It managed to whack Tyler a few times before Tyler managed to throw it to the ground. Tyler now Wing attack! Dive into it.
    Burgh Protect!
    Nate Tyler dived as fast he could, but the Swadloon managed to conjure up a glowing shield of some kind. Tyler only managed to dive straight into the shield. Tyler crumbled to the ground exhausted and injured.
    Burgh Swadloon, finish it!
    The Swadloon opened it's two face leaves and drew Tyler into itself. It's other leaf glowed with energy, clearly it was intending to cut off Tyler's neck. Tyler turned it's head, and spat an acid of some kind on the Swadloon's body. It screamed in agony, and let Tyler go.
    Tyler No! I'm not going to be beaten by a grass type!
    Nate Tyler, kill it! Spit more poison, bite it, beat it with your wings. Anything!
    Burgh If I painted you, I'm sure it would be erratic and random.
    The Swadloon sent more of it's razor leaves at Tyler, as it winced from it's injures. Tyler managed to evade the leaves, by rolling on the ground. Coming close to the Swadloon it spat in it's face. The Swadloon screaming as it's face melted, fell to the ground dead.
    Tyler The... there we.... go.... Wait... what's... Tyler said panting heavily, as his skin started glowing.
    Burgh Evolution? Huh, I guess your Zubat has earned it. Go Dwebble
    Nate Return Tyler, I said smiling realizing I had a Golbat. Go Kevin!

Nate Kevin and the Dwebble burst from their poke-balls at the same time. Both of them looked their foe in the eye and charged. Kevin Razor shell.
    Burgh Dwebble, Smack down!

Nate The Dwebble launched itself into the air, thudding Kevin's head with it's powerful claws. Kevin took off his shell and started slashing at the Dwebble.
    Burgh Oh? Such finesse, such skill. Your Dewott truly a master of the blade in a past life. Dwebble faint attack!
    The Dwebble charged Kevin who spat a spray of water. However suddenly the Dwebble teleported. The spray missed, and The Dwebble charged Kevin from behind.
    Kevin Ah! Try dodging this.
    He shouted as he kicked the Dwebble on it's underbody. Knocking it off of him, he started attacking the Dwebble with his shell again, but the Dwebble latched unto Kevin's arm with it's powerful pincers.
    Kevin Arceus damn it! Wait I know.
    Nate Kevin grinned as he punched the Dwebble in the eye. Blinded the Dwebble squeezed even harder, Kevin winced as he spat some more water knocking the Dweeble off.
    Kevin You'll pay for that. Kevin muttered clutching his useless arm.
    Burgh Dwebble finish this now. Smack down again!
    The Dwebble launched itself into the air again. But this time Kevin was ready for it, and dodged jumping to the side. The Dwebble hissed viciously, as Kevin blasted it with water again. The Dwebble collapsed, and let go of it's rock shell which fell on it's neck
    Burgh Such power, but such inexperience. This is my last pokemon of the fight. Levanny! Show them your skill.
    Nate Emily I choose you!

Emily charged the leaf-humanoid. An aura of fire erupting from her. She slammed into it as it slashed at her with it's leaf arms.
    Nate Emily don't let it cut you!
    Emily I can handle it!
    Burgh Levanny slow it down String shot!
    It tried to spray a white gunk at Emily, but Emily spat a ball of fire, burning the gunk before it hit her.
    Burgh Levanny get in close, turn it to ribbons.
    Nate Emily!
    Emily You worry too much!
    Emily charged the Levanny again, ramming it again while coated in fire. It tried to slash at Emily while engulf in flames, but Emily side-stepped the blades, and bit it in it's shoulder.
    Nate Emily try a close range Ember!
    Emily Yeah, yeah!
    Emily's jaw loosened, as she spat balls of flame. The Levanny buckled from the heat and collapsed.
    Burgh Impressive. Get a little more experience and you'll be a force to be reckoned with. I'm glad to award you the Insect badge, now normally you would have a choice to go between Lenora or Elesa, but apparently Skyarrow bridge is closed for repairs indefinitely. Your path lies north to Nimbasa city

So in the full interest of fairness here's what actually happened.
    Spoiler
    Show

Tyler was a Crobat, and thus curb-stomped Swadloon, and Levanny. And Kevin handled Dweeble with no problems. Would have one-shotted if not for Sturdy.
    Last edited by Illven; 2012-12-19 at 10:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

It's Dwebble, not Dweeble. Dweeble makes it sound about as useless as Bidoof.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    It's Dwebble, not Dweeble. Dweeble makes it sound about as useless as Bidoof.
    .... Uh... World changes.

I'll fix that eventually. Right now.
    Last edited by Illven; 2012-12-19 at 10:49 PM.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

I just picked up taht badge a day or two ago myself.

Also: mind-destroying moments brought to you by Pokestar Studios!

Foe Swadloon used Attract!

Vanillice fell in love with foe Swadloon!

Foe Swadloon fell in love with Vanillice due to the Destiny Knot!

Vanillice is in love with foe Swadloon!

Vanillice used Harden!

7. - Top - End - #67

Quote Originally Posted by YakYak View Post
    I just picked up taht badge a day or two ago myself.

Also: mind-destroying moments brought to you by Pokestar Studios!

Foe Swadloon used Attract!

Vanillice fell in love with foe Swadloon!

Foe Swadloon fell in love with Vanillice due to the Destiny Knot!

Vanillice is in love with foe Swadloon!

Vanillice used Harden!
    My mind is fine
    Last edited by Illven; 2012-12-20 at 05:42 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I don't know about you, but I'd like to know how an ice cream learns harden. They don't do that often.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

9. - Top - End - #69

I don't know about you, but I'd like to know how an ice cream learns harden. They don't do that often.
    Well in the non perverted sense, if it partially melts and you re-freeze it, it can harden.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Well in the non perverted sense, if it partially melts and you re-freeze it, it can harden.
    I meant in a non-perverted sense.

I guess I just don't let my ice cream melt all that often.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

11. - Top - End - #71

I said that for Yakyak

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I said that for Yakyak
    But... you quoted my post?

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't ask me.

14. - Top - End - #74

But... you quoted my post?
    I was answering your question, while preventing Yakyak from making a comment.

15. - Top - End - #75

Ch 9 For someone with self proclaimed low Charisma he certainly has a lot of people that want to talk to him.
    Spoiler
    Show

Nate I sat at a table outside the Pokemon center, looking at a map of Unova. Okay, now normally we could go to both Nacrene city and battle Lenora, or go north to Nimbasa city and battle Elesa.
    Hugh Dude, are you talking to your pokemon? I sighed silently, thankfully my face was hidden by the map. Kevin, Emma, and Emily all growled at his presence.
    Nate It helps me to think out loud, and talking to my Pokemon allows me to be seen as not crazy. I lied effortlessly. I had used the lie before.
    Hugh Dude, you're still seen as crazy. Just in the let's take pity sense, rather then let's lock him up before his shoulder demon tells him to kill us all.
    Nate Yes, the guy who could probably be diagnosed with some sort of obsessive disorder is going to sit there and call me crazy. Is that irony?
    Goldilocks Why are you insulting my hero!? Goldilocks said walking over to Hugh.
    Hugh Shoo. Hugh said dismissively as he waved his hand. Shoo, Leaves. Nate control your pokemon.
    Nate I am. How can you be a Pokemon cop if you can barely stand to be within a few feet of Pokemon.
    ??? Your friend is right, young trainer. You should control your Pokemon.
    Nate Some weird guy, with some head-tiara of some sort came up to me and started talking. Excuse me... Who are you?
    ??? Ah, my apologies. My name is Colress. I'm researching the strengths of Pokemon.
    Hugh Researching the strengths of Pokemon? You sound like a Team Plasma member... Maybe you should come with me. Hugh started standing up.
    Colress Please I wish no harm, and share no views with N. In fact my studies show that Pokemon with trainers are usually stronger then their wild counterparts.
    Nate Yeah, I don't think anyone affiliated with N would tell me to control my pokemon.
    Tyler He might still be part of Team Plasma, they have changed.
    Nate Tyler might be right. But if he is, he's certainly not going to admit to it. I could ask him some questions about his studies. If he is a part of Team Plasma it might be helpful to see how they operate. Excuse me, sir. You said Pokemon that have trainers are stronger. Are you sure that's the case?
    Hugh Nate? What are you thinking?
    Colress What do you mean?
    Nate Well if I were a trainer concerned about being the champion, my first thought would be too find the strongest examples of a species and catch those, rather then weak ones. And thus it would seem that the wild Pokemon are weaker because their strongest specimens are being removed. Colress laughed at that.
    Colress My research covers that. I primarily interviewed hobby trainers. The wild Pokemon I studied were far off the beaten path, and likely to not have been captured. I followed caught Pokemon for a long time. If the trainer managed to get his Pokemon killed, I dis-counted the evidence from all his Pokemon. As naturally the weak would be more likely to die. Pokemon owned by trainers become stronger.
    Hugh Ah! Tell that to Team Plasma!
    Kevin They are just going to say strength is not all that matters.
    Nate They aren't going to listen. Most people can easily discount evidence that they don't agree with.
    Emma So if I stay with you, I'll become stronger and be less likely to die.
    Colress I don't care whether Team Plasma listens or not. I don't do this for them, I do this for knowledge. Now my research takes me to the North. May I see you both again.
    Nate Hey, Hugh. I should get going to. I need to buy some desert survival gear.
    Hugh Oh really? Spending some time with the Shining beauty. Are you hoping for a battle or her number?
    Nate Hugh was joking, but even knowing that I couldn't help but blushHugh, it's not like that. She's a gym leader, I'm a trainer.
    Hugh Oh. You have a thing for blondes? You hoping she'll “lead”...
    Nate Hugh. Didn't she dye her hair anyway? Or she was dyeing it and she stopped.
    Hugh Right, Nate. You only care for the badge she'll provide. Hugh said sarcastically. Oh whatever will your little blond girlfriend say about Elesa.
    Nate That's it. We're done here.
    Hugh Oh dude, come back. It was just a little joke.... Big baby.

Emily Why are you friends with that *******
    Nate I'm not exactly the most sociable guy. I don't have many friends to choose from.
    Emma Plus, what if he turns violent. I don't like him.
    Nate I seriously doubt he'd turn violent. He's a friend, not a scorned lover.
    Goldilocks There's no way he'd turn violent. He needs you to cover for your own incompetence.
    Bianca Hey, Nate! Is that you?
    Nate Bianca! What are you doing here?
    Tyler Who's that?
    Kevin His girlfriend to be, if he has any say.
    Goldilocks Is she good enough for him? I will not have our hero marry just anyone. They are so lucky, I'm the only one that can understand them.
    Bianca I was sent by Juniper to first deliver something to Fennel. Have you battled Burgh yet?
    Nate Yup. Flawless victory.
    Bianca Very good. I remember Burgh. I picked Tepig, so it was just as easy a victory. But didn't you pick Oshawott? She looked behind me to get a closer look at my pokemon.
    Nate Heh. Emily and Tyler gave me the victory.
    Kevin I helped too!
    Bianca Aw! They are so cute! A Growlithe, and a Golbat. Do you know how they evolve?
    Nate Uh... Now I knew I should know that, but I couldn't recall it.
    Bianca Oh? You don't. Well how about we hang out on the pier for a couple of hours, and if you're really nice I'll tell you.
    Nate Heh. I have no problem with that.

So we finish up Castelia city in this update. We talk to some familiar faces, and a new face.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Yay for updates

As always, great chapter.

17. - Top - End - #77

Spoiler
    Show

@Forrestfire Thank you! And I hope my inevitable typos weren't too distracting.

Ch 10. Seriously I'm not sure what's worse.
    Spoiler
    Show

Nate The desert. A shifting mass of sands. A sandstorm that blocks vision, and terrain that only those who can fly and wield magic can move over without being slowed down, in addition I have to find treasures buried in the sand before I leave it forever.... Oh wait, wrong game, and yet my situation is probably not any better.
    Kevin So, genius. Care to explain why we're in a desert and you don't have any Rock, Steel, or Ground type pokemon? Kevin said sarcastically.
    Goldilocks Don't insult him! I'm sure he as a good reason!
    Nate Well, I don't have any rock, ground, or steel types genius. Maybe if you were strong enough to carry me while swimming we could avoid the desert.
    Kevin Can't see why we couldn't wait until Skyarrow bridge was finished with repairs?
    Nate You'd really want to wait weeks or months or however long it would take? If it's serious enough to stop all foot traffic, it's going to take some time. I pointed out. Although yeah, I would like to cross the desert as soon as possible.
    ??? Kid? Are you having a conversation with your pokemon? A voice said from behind me. I turned around and all I could see was a Sandile.
    Nate Who are you? I said, kneeling down.
    ??? My name's Rebecca, normally I offer my services as a guide to other pokemon needing to cross the desert for food. But if you can understand me, Well I'll offer my services to you.
    Nate I thought about it for a moment. I really did need to get through this sandstorm as soon as possible, and it wasn't like I could navigate through one. Uh, sure. Forgive me for being rude, but what do you take for currency? I doubt human money is going to do you any good.
    Rebecca Nah, it's fine. I take food and water, especially water. I don't like going near the oasis’s if I can help it.
    Nate Well, it might be rude of me to ask but would you like to join my team? You'll have a supply of food that way.
    Rebecca No thank you, I'm quite fine not getting killed in one of your gym battles, my life is not for sale.
    Nate Aren't you risking your life out here anyway? I pointed out.
    Rebecca I guess that's true.... Okay here's the deal, I'll let you catch me till the end of this desert, if I like what I see I'll come along, if not I want you to release me. Is that clear?
    Nate Seems fair.
    Rebecca I can trust his word, right? She asked my pokemon.
    Kevin Well, you'll probably leave at the end of this, but yeah. You can trust his word.
    Emma What ever gets out of this storm quicker.
    Emily Hell, yeah. I mean his taste in friends could be better, but unless you have some super-secret prototype he'll let you go.
    Tyler I have no issues with his training so far.
    Goldilocks He saved me from a kidnapping.
    Rebecca Okay, I guess I'll come along for now.
    Pokedex Caught Rebecca the Sandile at level 14 on Route 4. Nature Rash, Likes to run, Ability Moxie.

Colress So, you can talk to pokemon? A voice I knew I had heard before, but couldn't place, said. I shot up.
    Nate Wait! What? What are you talking about? Colress was it? What are you doing out here? I asked, trying to get him away from the topic of conservation.
    Colress You were talking to your pokemon, I didn't know there was anybody else like that. Maybe you and Lord N are related.
    Nate Um, Colress. I don't know what you think you saw. I started to lie.
    Colress I know what I saw. Nate, pokemon speaker. What is it like talking to them? Are they as smart as us? Smarter? Dumber?
    Nate How do you know my name? I never told you it.
    Colress Your friend told you to control your pokemon. He called you by name. Hm... Now I'm wondering if a pokemon speaker's pokemon might be the strongest of all? I'd like to test that theory.
    Nate I can't help you, I can't talk to pokemon. I lied, starting to panic.
    Colress Do you take me for a fool? I'm not one of those dumb gullible sheep that must surround you on a daily basis. I'm an intellectual, just like you. And you will help me test my theory, or I will share your secret with the world.
    Nate ... Okay, let's say for a moment that you're right. No one is going to believe you. If I just started shouting about how someone can talk to pokemon, no one would believe me. At least not without evidence. I said, breathing heavily.
    Colress Most wouldn't. That is true. He said with a shrug. Colress But, your friend. The one with the blue hair, I wonder what would be his reaction, if I mentioned it, and just hinted at a possible relation with N?
    Nate What!
    Colress Help me with my research, and I'll take your secret to the grave. Refuse, and I tell. Those are your two options.
    Nate .... Fine.
    Colress Thank you for contributing to science. He said with a smirk and a bow.

Colress Go Magenmite!
    Nate Go Rebecca! Hopefully, Rebecca would screw over his research, since she was my newest pokemon, and if there was any effect, it would be minimal. Plus it was the best choice for the foe, and environment.
    Colress Very good choice. Immune to the sandstorm raging around us, and immune to my Magenmite's lighting powers. Good start.
    Nate Rebecca! Finish this quickly!
    Rebecca Got it, boss! But this better involve hazard pay!
    Rebecca stomped the ground with her front paws, and a pillar of sand rose from the ground engulfing the Magenmite.
    Colress Magenmite, Sonicboom.
    The Magnemite let out a blast of sound, dispersing the pillar and blasting Rebecca, making her ears bleed. Even to me the sound was somewhat painful.
    Rebecca AHHH!!! Damnation! What was that.
    Nate A sonicboom attack, a blast of powerful sound that defenses are useless against!
    Colress Very good, Nate! I assume your grades in school were very good.
    Nate Rebecca, you need to take it out, before it can attack you again.
    Rebecca What!? I can't hear you? I'll take care of it, don't worry.
    Rebecca launched herself at the Magenmite, grabbing it's magnet with her mouth and bring it to the ground, hard.
    Colress Magenmite, Magnet bomb.
    The Magnemite pulled away from Rebeeca tearing the magnet, that she had gotten a hold of. It's eye closed and then flew open, a steel orb flying at Rebecca at high speeds.
    Rebecca Ha! Missed me! She said as she dived out of the way of the orb. But I knew what the attack was, and what it would do.
    Nate Brace for impact! I commanded.
    Rebecca Why? I already dodged... She said as the orb swerved and hit her head.
    Nate Rebecca!
    Rebecca I'm fine... I'm fine. Rebecca lunged at the Magenmite grabbing it's other magnet and shaking it into small rocks. The Magenmite tried to pull away again, but it had lost strength from it's injuries, and eventually Colress returned it.
    Colress Very good. I admit my Magenmite's defeated.
    Nate I sensed that there was more. But...?
    Colress But my Klink is another story. He said as he threw another poke-ball.
    Nate I reacted quickly, swapping out Rebecca for Emily. Rebecca was too injured to keep fighting. However as soon as I sent Emily out, the sandstorm turned worse. Crap. We'll have to finish this quickly Emily!
    Emily On it! She yelped at the stinging sands.

Emily lunged at the Klink, biting it with flame coated fangs. The Klink countered by stunning Emily with a electric shock.
    Colress Klink, gear grind!
    The Klink seemed to come apart, as it reached Emily, it split into two and dug into Emily's fur and flesh. The sandstorm brought sand into the open wounds the Klink left.
    Emily Ah!!!
    Nate Emily! I needed to end this quickly, before the wounds became infected. I was about to send out Rebecca again, after all, she may be injured, but she'd be unaffected by the sand-storm.
    Emily I'm fine boss! Here, watch this!
    Nate Emily glowed with power, lunging over the Klink, and landing on it, slamming it to the ground. When it was brought to the ground, she started stomping on it viciously. Each stomp, caused a mini-eruption.
    Colress Return Klink. It seems my theory might be correct. That Sandile you just caught had a much harder battle, then that Growlithe. How long have you had it?
    Nate Her. I corrected.
    Colress My apologies. How long have you had her?
    Nate A couple of weeks now. I replied.
    Colress Well I'll see you later. After all I must do follow up research to see if your pokemon continue to increase in strength. He started to wander off.
    Kevin Why are you letting him go, he could spill your secret. Let us kill him while no one is watching!
    Nate I'm not a murderer.
    Kevin Tell that to the gym leader's pokemon.
    Nate And for that, I'm truly sorry.

And Nate finally has a full team, yay!

And feels sad... boo.

Comments are appreciated.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

I like your Colress.

19. - Top - End - #79

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    I like your Colress.
    Thank you!

What did you think of the Fire emblem reference?

20. - Top - End - #80

Ch 11 Who puts a resort in a desert of eternal sandstorms?
    Spoiler
    Show

Nate The sandstorm was getting worse by the minute. A whirling curtain of stinging sands. Picking up the desert gear was a good idea. I don't think I'd last that long out here in regular clothes.
    Rebecca We sometimes find a dead human that tried that, but not often. Usually, the Pokemon rangers save them.
    Nate What about Daurmaka's? Aren't they Fire types?
    Rebecca They know the desert well, and when the sandstorms get like this, they seek out the ruins and hide in them. Not that we don't see dead Daurmakas also, it's just most of them have the common sense to stay near the ruins.
    Nate And like magic, I heard a voice
    ??? Wait! Wait, wait up!
    Nate What's that? Who is there?
    Rebecca Oh, don't tell me...
    ??? Oh, generous Sandile convince your trainer to capture me, It's a matter of life and death, It was a Darumaka on it's knees begging with Rebecca.
    Rebecca What happened to the ruins?
    ??? Heh, heh, heh. Well I kinda got turned around before the sandstorm hit. Please! I won't last much longer.
    Rebecca Well, I suppose I could try and convince my trainer for a....
    Nate I can understand you. You want to come along? Be my guest.
    Oliver Wait, you can under.... Nevermind, a question for a later time. Thank you, kind sir. My name is Oliver
    Pokedex Caught Oliver the Darumaka at level 18 at the Desert resort. Nature Careful, Capable of taking hits, Ability Hustle
    Nate Desert resort I wondered as the poke-ball hovered, shined a glorious glow and vanished. The same sensors that tracked DNA, would also sense the number of poke-balls with the same DNA release markers. If there were more then 6, the most recent catch would be transported to a Pokemon center.

??? Hey, you!
    Nate A woman, from the sound of her voice, had approached me just after catching Oliver Um, yes. What do you want?
    ??? I've been tracking that Darumaka for hours. It's the perfect mate for mine.
    Nate Well tough luck. I caught it first.
    ??? I don't think you understand me, I will have that Darumaka. She had her hand on her pokeball. I grabbed one of mine, I wanted to resolve the situation without violence, but I wasn't a fool.
    Nate Lady, I can't give you the Darumaka, you must have saw the flash. You know that means it's been transported to the Pokemon center.
    ??? That flash was a trick. You shined something to make me think it's at a pokemon center. Darumaka I choose you!
    Nate Go....I started to throw my pokeball before Rebecca jumped in.
    Rebecca I've got it, I'm the only one that fight at full effectiveness in this sandstorm. Rebecca lunged at the Darumaka biting it's arm and trying to pull it down. The Darumaka responded by flipping Rebecca over it's head. I grabbed Rebecca's poke-ball. The Darumaka executed Rebecca with a single fiery coated punch.
    Nate Rebecca!
    Rebecca Heh, I guess I won't be leaving after all. Such a shame.
    ??? Good job, Darumaka! Who's next? She asked me with a savage grin.
    Nate What the hell is wrong with you!? You had no reason to kill my Pokemon!
    ??? Your Sandile would have been fine if you had given me the Daurmaka. It's death is on your hands.
    Nate No it isn't! It's on your insane hands! Go Kevin!
    Kevin We'll be fine in the sandstorm he said, No one will die he said!
    Nate For some reason I assumed we'd meet sane people.

Kevin smiled cruelly as the sandstorm fell. He let loose a blast of water from his mouth, stunning the Darumaka. He rushed at the Darumaka drawing his shell blades. He jumped on top of it knocking it to the ground.
    Kevin I'm not going to kill you yet. First I'll make you suffer! You'll be begging for death before I kill you. Kevin started pressing down on the Darumaka crushing it.
    Nate Kevin! Don't! Either knock it out, or kill it quickly, but I will not let you torture it!
    Kevin Fine. Kevin said clearly annoyed as he decapitated the Darumaka.
    Nate There. Miss, I hope you learned a lesson. Your violence just lost you your first Darumaka. Kevin lunged at the trainer. Kevin! He heard me. I knew he did. But he didn't stop... just lopped off the girl's head....
    Kevin No mercy.
    Nate .... Kevin.... What the hell is wrong with you!? Killing a trainer? You didn't even ask!
    Kevin Because I knew you'd say no.
    Nate Did you really think that doing it without permission would be any better?
    Kevin Look, Nate. She was psychotic. If you had let her go, she'd probably get a new Pokemon, and chase after you again. Perhaps killing another teammate do you want that on your conscience?
    Nate Do you think I want that dead girl on my conscience? I yelled
    Kevin You didn't order it, so it wasn't your fault. Kevin said with a shrug.
    Nate It is not that simple.
    ??? Vengeance....
    Nate Was that you? I asked, knowing full well it wasn't
    Kevin No. He said looking confused.
    ??? Slayer.... I will have my vengeance.
    Nate As I looked around, I saw a black fog pass over the girl's body. Oh no. I muttered, knowing full well, what was happening. A Yamask, the ghost of a human who in their last moments felt strong overwhelming emotions, whether positive or negative. Before the fog could completely form I threw a poke-ball at it.
    Tyler Seriously, you threw a poke-ball before it could form? Before you could ask if it wanted to come along.
    Nate I'm not going to let it kill me. That's just foolish. I looked at the poke-ball. With Rebecca's death, it wouldn't teleport. What's your name?
    ??? I'll make you suffer.
    Nate That was an order, in case you didn't notice.
    ??? Nicole.
    Nate Huh, the pokedex is saying that you're male. Would Nick work? Or do you insist on Nicole?
    ??? You will die at my hand.
    Nate Nick it is, welcome to the team.

Of course I had caught Nick at Relic tower, but I felt this was more fun.

Comments are appreciated.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Did the dead trainer just turn into a Yamask?

Also:

22. - Top - End - #82

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    Did the dead trainer just turn into a Yamask?

Also:
    Yamask are dead humans, seemed like a good way to connect the catch.

Spoiler
    Show

It was such a shame, I wanted to use a Sandile, but Ground didn't resist Fire, and it went from full hp to dead in one Fire punch.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Well, that was... interesting.

I liked Oliver's entrance.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

24. - Top - End - #84

Well, that was... interesting.

I liked Oliver's entrance.
    That's kinda how it happened in game, Trainer comes out of nowhere, one-shots. A few minutes later I catch a Yamask.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Heck, even with the loss, you still caught more cool Pokemon than I did. Actually, you caught more Pokemon than I did, period... In the three of those areas, I got all of... a Sandshrew. The other two got killed by my stupid Audino.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

26. - Top - End - #86

Heck, even with the loss, you still caught more cool Pokemon than I did. Actually, you caught more Pokemon than I did, period... In the three of those areas, I got all of... a Sandshrew. The other two got killed by my stupid Audino.
    I wouldn't call a Hustle Darumaka cool. I just don't like hustle.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I wouldn't call a Hustle Darumaka cool. I just don't like hustle.
    Oh, well, not hustle, no. But Darumaka themselves are pretty badass.

I'm talking straight up Pokemon, not abilities or anything. I had a Watchog and an Audino. I would hardly call them exciting.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

28. - Top - End - #88

Oh, well, not hustle, no. But Darumaka themselves are pretty badass.

I'm talking straight up Pokemon, not abilities or anything. I had a Watchog and an Audino. I would hardly call them exciting.
    Watchog is fuctional, for certain purposes.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Watchog is fuctional, for certain purposes.
    Its speed is already terrible and it was relaxed natured.

I don't like Watchog as a Pokemon, I don't care if it's "functional." It was the first one out of my party.

Also, I just noticed they have the starters out for the next gen...
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2013-01-15 at 11:59 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

30. - Top - End - #90

Its speed is already terrible and it was relaxed natured.

I don't like Watchog as a Pokemon, I don't care if it's "functional." It was the first one out of my party.

Also, I just noticed they have the starters out for the next gen...
    Maybe we'll have a fire starter, that's not Fire fighting

I mean I'll still use the frog. (Even if I'm not the biggest fan of it) But it'd be nice to not have Fire/Fighting.