New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Kubo had a hand in doing the designs for almost every character in the anime filler :)

I swear the guy plays ttbrpgs, loves making characters enough.
    I think he just likes character design. His drawing is actually quite good it is his stories that go off the rails. Although I've been liking the last few chapters. I think he must also have an interest in fashion.

Also, there is a b in taBle, although you have it in the wrong place that is probably where you got the b from.
    Notice how all the guys in Bleach are getting kicked in the head by their smaller, female assistants?

....I suspect Kubo is going to have an interesting married life...
    Eh, that's just a weird Japanese stereotype that's common in manga. Not entirely sure where it came from, since it is kind of the opposite of traditional Japanese gender roles, but I don't think it reflects anything about Kubo other than his culture and his silly ideas about what belongs in a manga (he probably thinks he's being funny).
    Last edited by Drolyt; 2012-12-27 at 03:42 PM.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I...I...

I..................

Kubo, what are you smoking, and where in the bloody hell can I get some.
    +1 for interest.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Troll in the Playground

I...I...

I..................

Kubo, what are you smoking, and where in the bloody hell can I get some.
    If you are referring to the most recent member of the royal guard, he's actually a parody of what some young Japanese do to try and be "cool". Or maybe Kubo takes it seriously, but for my sanity I'm going to assume it's a parody.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Colossus in the Playground

I am infact talking about the latest chapter, and how, when I first read it, not expecting what was to happen, it was like a swift punch to the face. I figured we were going onto the series stuff now.

Then we get his honey chans. And the big neon signs that say LOVE IT and PHOENIX PALACE. And then it's dropped that zanpakto can take human form, which may be foreshadowing at my theory that Loli Yachiru or Kenpachi are a zanpakto.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Troll in the Playground

I am infact talking about the latest chapter, and how, when I first read it, not expecting what was to happen, it was like a swift punch to the face. I figured we were going onto the series stuff now.

Then we get his honey chans. And the big neon signs that say LOVE IT and PHOENIX PALACE. And then it's dropped that zanpakto can take human form, which may be foreshadowing at my theory that Loli Yachiru or Kenpachi are a zanpakto.
    Ah. I never would have guessed that is what you were referring too, because Kubo does that constantly. I do wish we would get more story, but this wasn't unexpected.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I am actually very pleased that Renji is still hanging with Ichigo.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Troll in the Playground

how does zanpaktos being invented even make sense?

i mean, ichigo had one built in. did this guy modify the very essence of what it is to be a shinigami? too many questions!
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

8. - Top - End - #848

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post

i mean, ichigo had one built in. did this guy modify the very essence of what it is to be a shinigami? too many questions!
    It's entirely possible that yes, this is exactly what he did, which is why it's so impressive and thus why he's picked to be amoung the Spirit King's personal guard.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Troll in the Playground

It's entirely possible that yes, this is exactly what he did, which is why it's so impressive and thus why he's picked to be amoung the Spirit King's personal guard.
    i suppose, but i would think that would put him way too far above the others.

so far we've seen a super healing bath and what amounts to really good AI. they don't really stack up to the most central tool of all shinigami ever.
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-12-28 at 03:23 AM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

10. - Top - End - #850

i suppose, but i would think that would put him way too far above the others.

so far we've seen a super healing bath and what amounts to really good AI. they don't really stack up to the most central tool of all shinigami ever.
    Well, think about it. The healing water can heal people who are, 100%, garunteed to die. Byakuya was uncureable. He was slowly dying. He's healed now. That's impressive, especialy for just some water. And let's not get into the fact that, the way the water works, is that it melts your reitsu out and cleans it, then the other hot spring does the same but with your blood. That's some high level stuff.

The lady didn't just create AI. She literally, through her cooking, created souls. Sure, they're "artificial" but when you're down to the level of Literally a Soul, what's the difference? This is incredibly impressive.

And now we've got this guy, with his ability to, seemingly, create zanpakto in human form, or atleast make them manifest in human form. Now imagine all those super awesome training Ichigo, and all Shinigami, go through to gain their shikai and bankai. Now imagine that training ALSO increasing the power of your body, because this guy turned your Zanpakto into a real, living breathing fighting partner. And again, like the above rice lady, he's creating souls, something that is VERY high level.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Firbolg in the Playground

Does it say exactly when a shinigami gets their zanpakutou? I know Ichigo got his precisely when Rukia gave him her powers, but how about others?

Maybe shinigami are like jedi. They originally had kidou but not zanpakutou. Granted a lightsaber truly is created and lot a part of the jedi, but still.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

12. - Top - End - #852
    Titan in the Playground

Are zanpakuto actually souls, though? I thought it was stated they were part of the shinigami's soul, which would have to mean those "honey-chans" are all part of someone else's soul (or all part of the same). In that case, it's possible ZeroShades created more zanpakuto for himself after his ascension to Zero Squad.

If they are souls of their own, then I wonder how closely related Mod souls and zanpakuto are in essence. (At first I thought Mod souls might actually have come first and zanpakuto being based off them, but then I remembered that ZeroBoobs was a captain 111 years ago and zanpakuto already existed 1000 years ago.)
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

13. - Top - End - #853
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    If you are referring to the most recent member of the royal guard, he's actually a parody of what some young Japanese do to try and be "cool". Or maybe Kubo takes it seriously, but for my sanity I'm going to assume it's a parody.
    Be very surprised if it was not a parody considering Ichigo's and Renji's going WTF?

14. - Top - End - #854
    Troll in the Playground

Normal people don't seem to have them built in though. It isn't clear exactly when Zangetsu was "born", but probably not before Rukia let him borrow her power.

15. - Top - End - #855
    Troll in the Playground

Ichigo isn't normal though, he's a half-shinigami, part-quincy, part-hollow, part-fullbringer, part-saiyan vizard.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

16. - Top - End - #856
    Troll in the Playground

Ichigo isn't normal though, he's a half-shinigami, part-quincy, part-hollow, part-fullbringer, part-saiyan vizard.
    That just helps my point. Someone messed with him. Normal people don't have Zanpakuto and something special has to be done to get them. Probably.

17. - Top - End - #857

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Does it say exactly when a shinigami gets their zanpakutou? I know Ichigo got his precisely when Rukia gave him her powers, but how about others?

Maybe shinigami are like jedi. They originally had kidou but not zanpakutou. Granted a lightsaber truly is created and lot a part of the jedi, but still.
    As Turalis said, Ichigo is a special case. Daddy with a Shinigami (we assume, Bach could still be his father) and his Mommy was a quincy. He was attacked as a child by a Hollow so he's a Fullbringer, and when he becomes a Shinigami he suddenly also gains the Vizard and Hollow templates. And lets not even forget the reality warping plot tumor inside Rukia that could just spawn Ichigo a weapon the instant he needed it due to his will. There are so many reasons for how he COULD of started with his zanpakto, it'd be an EXAGERATION to say he is a special case, because he makes even the special cases look not all that nifty.

And yes, I'm aware this helps prove your point, because it also helps prove my point. We're all on the same side here, we're just elaborating more on how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Are zanpakuto actually souls, though? I thought it was stated they were part of the shinigami's soul, which would have to mean those "honey-chans" are all part of someone else's soul (or all part of the same). In that case, it's possible ZeroShades created more zanpakuto for himself after his ascension to Zero Squad.

If they are souls of their own, then I wonder how closely related Mod souls and zanpakuto are in essence. (At first I thought Mod souls might actually have come first and zanpakuto being based off them, but then I remembered that ZeroBoobs was a captain 111 years ago and zanpakuto already existed 1000 years ago.)
    My understanding was that the zanpakuto was a different soul from yours, but served as a mirror of your own. Like, the zanpakuto is a different being from you, but they are also a "mirror" and reflect yourself in them, thus allowing you to get a much more closer relationship. That's my guess anyway.

As for the connection between zanpakuto and mod souls, it's entirely possible the Grain Lord used information from the Phoenix Lord to do that (I tend to call em by what their title is, if I bother to recall it).
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-12-28 at 11:09 AM.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Barbarian in the Playground

So for Jump's 45th anniversary, all the mangaka got posed the question of 'if the Jump pirate logo man was part of your manga, what would he be like?'
    I actually like Kubo's answer.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/d1b1c0228542576

Kubo's answer is basically:
    "He would be an occasionally appearing eyepatch-wearing character in Bleach. Whenever the eyepatch is removed, one serialization gets canceled."
    Last edited by Somewhere; 2012-12-28 at 11:35 AM.
    Thanks to Meirnon for the avatar
    One Punch-Man: I became the hero I had always dreamed of being. But how can it be that, even though I should be satisfied, I feel so empty?...
    Gag manga story by One, artwork by Murata Yusuke of Eyeshield 21 fame
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #859
    Titan in the Playground

(I tend to call em by what their title is, if I bother to recall it).
    I'd probably do that too, if I took Bleach more seriously and if I could recall those titles at all. (While the current guy has his more emphasized, I didn't recall Hikifune's title being Grain Lord. Must've been too brief a mention. Her actual name is even easier, but only because it was made known a lot earlier.)

20. - Top - End - #860

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhere View Post
    So for Jump's 45th anniversary, all the mangaka got posed the question of 'if the Jump pirate logo man was part of your manga, what would he be like?'
    I actually like Kubo's answer.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/d1b1c0228542576

Kubo's answer is basically:
    "He would be an occasionally appearing eyepatch-wearing character in Bleach. Whenever the eyepatch is removed, one serialization gets canceled."
    ....so he's Kenpachi? Also, I'm curious as to what Oda's is...

I'd probably do that too, if I took Bleach more seriously and if I could recall those titles at all. (While the current guy has his more emphasized, I didn't recall Hikifune's title being Grain Lord. Must've been too brief a mention. Her actual name is even easier, but only because it was made known a lot earlier.)
    At the end of the day she's just the new boobie lady. Replacing Adult! Nel, who replaced whats her face, the one who's zanpakuto is a tiger or something. The one who crushes on Iceboy.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Barbarian in the Playground

You know, if Jump pirate logo man is what trained-Kenpachi would be like, and Kenpachi attaining bankai would lead to series canceling jokes, I would accept that.

I'll post Oda's in the OP thread.
    Thanks to Meirnon for the avatar
    One Punch-Man: I became the hero I had always dreamed of being. But how can it be that, even though I should be satisfied, I feel so empty?...
    Gag manga story by One, artwork by Murata Yusuke of Eyeshield 21 fame
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #862
    Titan in the Playground

....so he's Kenpachi? Also, I'm curious as to what Oda's is...
    See for yourself.

Shame I can't read it. Now I'm interested in what the Naruto version says.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2012-12-28 at 01:16 PM.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Titan in the Playground

See for yourself.

Shame I can't read it. Now I'm interested in what the Naruto version says.
    Ninja pirate... does not compute.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    Normal people don't seem to have them built in though. It isn't clear exactly when Zangetsu was "born", but probably not before Rukia let him borrow her power.
    but we know for a fact kenpachi and ikkaku had zanpakto before they were part of the seretei.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

25. - Top - End - #865

but we know for a fact kenpachi and ikkaku had zanpakto before they were part of the seretei.
    Not sure about Ikkaku, but Kenpachi is a Zanpakto himself (probably) so that may explain it.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Troll in the Playground

Perhaps the secret to creating zanpakuto isn't a secret? I mean, if most people in rukongai knew about shinigami and zanpakuto it isn't that surprising that some of them manage to get one without help from sereitei. Presumably what the zero division guy did was show that it was even possible.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Titan in the Playground

Not sure about Ikkaku, but Kenpachi is a Zanpakto himself (probably) so that may explain it.
    wait wat

Where did this come from? There was only the "Yachiru is Kenpachi's zanpakuto" earlier, which I completely understand the reasoning for, but this? Especially in combo with that other thing?

28. - Top - End - #868
    Troll in the Playground

wait wat

Where did this come from? There was only the "Yachiru is Kenpachi's zanpakuto" earlier, which I completely understand the reasoning for, but this? Especially in combo with that other thing?
    Kenpachi is obviously Yachiru's zanpakuto. I'm not sure where you got this nonsense about Yachiru being Kenpachi's zanpakuto.

29. - Top - End - #869

wait wat

I've basically got a few theories flying around, and I mix em up sometimes. They are as follows

1: Kenpachi is someone's Zanpakuto, either Loli or Adult Yachiru

2: Loli Yachiru is Kenpachi's Zanpakuto

3: Both Loli Yachiru and Kenpachi are Zanpakuto, and one of them belongs to the other

30. - Top - End - #870
    Titan in the Playground

I'm shocked there is no 4. Kenpachi and Yachiru are both zanpakuto, namely each other's.