New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Ponythread LV:55 Ponythread learns Agility!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    What is "The Sparkle World"?
    It's a little magazine for hub stuff.

Also, Wub Wub.
    Spoiler
    Show

That is all.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    It's a little magazine for hub stuff.

Also, Wub Wub.
    Spoiler
    Show

That is all.
    Why do the braces make them so cute?! Why? *melts*
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

Good night everypony

Spoiler
    Show

and for the X-com ponies

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2012-10-22 at 01:27 AM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Damn, on second thought I should have asked for hugs. Is it too late to do that?
    No.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

Last edited by PhoeKun; 2012-10-22 at 02:26 AM.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    It does a bit, but at the same time?

Lauren Faust did not single hoofedly made this show amazing.

There were AT THE VERY LEAST dozens of individuals involved in season one.

And season two? Lauren wasn't involved in that at all, beyond the first two episodes.

Respect her

Don't worship her.

Don't disregard everypony else who worked to make the last two seasons REALLY REALLY good

Maybe ease off the Faust tunnel vision, just a smidgen?

Preemptive EDIT: Lest I be seen as disregarding Faust's contribution to the series, I have nothing against her in even the least. She's pretty freakin' amazing. But we hardly have the whole story here, just one tweet. Was she asked to contribute? We don't know. Was she overlooked accidentally? We don't know. Was she intentionally snubbed? WE DON'T KNOW.

I'll echo the last line of the post; be positive. MLP was amazing while Lauren created/worked on it. It's been amazing since she left it too. Don't assume you know what happened, because we don't. And don't bad mouth the people who put a season one DVD release together after saying that it would be impossible/difficult for them to do so.

Finally, I'm re-reading what I just typed, and while it accurately represents what I feel, I also kind of think Hasbro should be paying me to write it
    Last edited by Eakin; 2012-10-22 at 03:23 AM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post

And season two? Lauren wasn't involved in that at all, beyond the first two episodes.

Respect her

Don't worship her.

Don't disregard everypony else who worked to make the last two seasons REALLY REALLY good

Well it's not that it's just Faust. It's just weird that in a DVD with commentary from several people, where they apparently even went out and booked time with some Hasbro executives, that they didn't have Lauren Faust comment at all. It's a season 1 DVD at that, which is where she was most involved.

Now, I do find it odd that we don't know why she wasn't included. From her tweet it seems like she was never even asked, which is presumably why Phoe's EQD post is pointing out why this sucks, since not even thinking to ask her to be part of the commentary is a pretty big oversight. That said, there may be other reasons. Maybe they thought she would be too busy, or maybe it was intentionally limited only to current Hasbro employees and the people taking the footage didn't have a choice. Either way, sending Lauren messages of cheerfulness when she's bummed out is hardly a bad thing (unless we spam her so much that she loses sleep going through it all).
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

8. - Top - End - #488

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Well it's not that it's just Faust. It's just weird that in a DVD with commentary from several people, where they apparently even went out and booked time with some Hasbro executives, that they didn't have Lauren Faust comment at all. It's a season 1 DVD at that, which is where she was most involved.

Now, I do find it odd that we don't know why she wasn't included. From her tweet it seems like she was never even asked, which is presumably why Phoe's EQD post is pointing out why this sucks, since not even thinking to ask her to be part of the commentary is a pretty big oversight. That said, there may be other reasons. Maybe they thought she would be too busy, or maybe it was intentionally limited only to current Hasbro employees and the people taking the footage didn't have a choice. Either way, sending Lauren messages of cheerfulness when she's bummed out is hardly a bad thing (unless we spam her so much that she loses sleep going through it all).
    I kind of preemptively edited around some of your points, but I'm not gonna deny that yeah it sucks that the creator of the show couldn't be brought in to comment on the show she created.

I'm not going to draw many conclusions based on a single tweet, but yeah I wish she'd been brought in, and certainly it SOUNDS like she would have if Hasbro had offered. I'm not going to assume it was/wasn't a malicious snub because she left though. They may have simply assumed that since she left the company she didn't want to be involved in the show any further. Incorrectly, based on her convention appearances obviously, but it wouldn't be completely unreasonable. We really don't know the details of her separation from the MLP team.

EDIT AGAIN: At this point, I'm pretty sure that she knows we love her. This does not warrant a need for all bronies everywhere to mobilize on her behalf and bombard her with goodwill. She's a very successful, very creative woman. I'm not going to pretend to know a thing about her mental state but I highly doubt she needs a torrent of positive reinforcement because she wasn't asked to contribute DVD commentary, as the EQD post kinda suggests.

I daresay she's received a helluva lot more recognition than most show runners do.
    Last edited by Eakin; 2012-10-22 at 03:36 AM.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ettin in the Playground

I kind of preemptively edited around some of your points, but I'm not gonna deny that yeah it sucks that the creator of the show couldn't be brought in to comment on the show she created.

I'm not going to draw many conclusions based on a single tweet, but yeah I wish she'd been brought in, and certainly it SOUNDS like she would have if Hasbro had offered. I'm not going to assume it was/wasn't a malicious snub because she left though. They may have simply assumed that since she left the company she didn't want to be involved in the show any further. Incorrectly, based on her convention appearances obviously, but it wouldn't be completely unreasonable. We really don't know the details of her separation from the MLP team.

EDIT AGAIN: At this point, I'm pretty sure that she knows we love her. This does not warrant a need for all bronies everywhere to mobilize on her behalf and bombard her with goodwill. She's a very successful, very creative woman. I'm not going to pretend to know a thing about her mental state but I highly doubt she needs a torrent of positive reinforcement because she wasn't asked to contribute DVD commentary, as the EQD post kinda suggests.

I daresay she's received a helluva lot more recognition than most show runners do.
    Malicious intent or not, she's much more hurt than she's even letting on. Nobody who knows the full story is willing to disclose it, so I can't lay a thousand facts at your feet and let that be that.

But I can tell you that there's no such thing as a person not in need of positive reinforcement, especially when they happen to be the only major member of a production staff left on the cutting room floor when it came time to offer thoughts and insights for public consumption. What the hell does it matter if she's been praised before or not?

edit: I sound unnecessarily inflamed by all of this. I apologize.

What is cutting me up so badly is that I have been made aware of how deep (but not where or how) the story goes, got put in a very difficult balancing act between supporting a worthwhile cause and burning bridges, and seeing the fruits of that balancing act be interpreted by others as pointless pandering. No, it's not reasonable of me to expect anyone to formulate a good opinion on the subject without full information. I can't provide you that information. Oh my god I hate that.
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2012-10-22 at 03:59 AM.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

What is cutting me up so badly is that I have been made aware of how deep (but not where or how) the story goes, got put in a very difficult balancing act between supporting a worthwhile cause and burning bridges, and seeing the fruits of that balancing act be interpreted by others as pointless pandering. No, it's not reasonable of me to expect anyone to formulate a good opinion on the subject without full information. I can't provide you that information. Oh my god I hate that.
    Well taking a shot in the dark that you dropped by to vent a bit is there anything more you can say?

This would not be the first time say Hasbro has proven to be more jerkish then is desirable with the show.

11. - Top - End - #491

Malicious intent or not, she's much more hurt than she's even letting on. Nobody who knows the full story is willing to disclose it, so I can't lay a thousand facts at your feet and let that be that.

But I can tell you that there's no such thing as a person not in need of positive reinforcement, especially when they happen to be the only major member of a production staff left on the cutting room floor when it came time to offer thoughts and insights for public consumption. What the hell does it matter if she's been praised before or not?

edit: I sound unnecessarily inflamed by all of this. I apologize.

Phoe, I could never be you. Your ability to tell only the parts of a story that are cleared for you to tell? I couldn't ever do that.

I hope that doesn't sound sarcastic. It isn't meant to be. If I thought someone I cared about had been wrong I'd want to scream it from the rooftops.

I'm assuming you're somewhere in the US of A in which case it's at least 2:20 AM, so my advice to you is to go to bed and sleep on it. Before you say something you later wish you hadn't.

Absent other info, I maintain that Lauren Faust is a big girl and will get over this. It's our and Hasbro's loss not having her on the commentary. There's probably a larger story there, but it isn't really any of our business, as a fandom. Even if one party has been rather dickish, who really gains from having that aired?

Get some sleep and don't worry about it. It'll all seem clearer in the morning /mothering
    Last edited by Eakin; 2012-10-22 at 04:28 AM.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Well taking a shot in the dark that you dropped by to vent a bit is there anything more you can say?

This would not be the first time say Hasbro has proven to be more jerkish then is desirable with the show.
    I really shouldn't have even taken the time to vent as much as I did. EqD already has difficulty doing half of the things it wants to do without me kicking up clouds of dust and causing trouble. I hate it, but I'm stuck biting my tongue. I'm sorry for bringing it up in a situation when I couldn't also back it up.

By way of apology, have some Bon Bons. We update Mondays.

Phoe, I could never be you. Your ability to tell only the parts of a story that are cleared for you to tell? I couldn't ever do that.
    There have been a growing number of days where I don't think I can be me, either.
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2012-10-22 at 04:35 AM.

13. - Top - End - #493

There have been a growing number of days where I don't think I can be me, either.
    I'm sorry to hear that, and I'm sensing that you're more than a bit stressed out. I'm afraid I can only offer the most basic of advice; deep breaths, some sort of mantra, and walking away from any keyboard or electronic device until you come to terms with what you really want to say.

We here in Ponythread love having you come by. HOWEVER, don't compromise your professional relations for us. I get the feeling that you really, REALLY want to right at this moment. If you do, though, especially in a random forum post at 5:40 Eastern time (I should really go to bed, too) you will regret it later.

I have the utmost respect for you and your professional ethics. I think everypony else in this thread does, too.

Don't compromise that unless you're very, VERY sure you absolutely have to.

Also, /hug to you and Lauren both

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

I really shouldn't have even taken the time to vent as much as I did. EqD already has difficulty doing half of the things it wants to do without me kicking up clouds of dust and causing trouble. I hate it, but I'm stuck biting my tongue. I'm sorry for bringing it up in a situation when I couldn't also back it up.

Well don't worry too much. Ponythread is actually its own reality few can cross into. And you didn't say anything all that troublesome.

And thank you for the Bon Bons. I'll snack on them while watching the next Zero Perfect Run.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I really don't think you need to apologize for venting, either. You were frustrated, and that's understandable.

Anyway, I hope you feel better.

Also, that tumblr is completely adorable.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2012-10-22 at 05:36 AM.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ettin in the Playground

*hugs*

17. - Top - End - #497
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    'Course! Basic requirement of Aotrs training is learnin' spells!
    Really? Do you offer Financial Aid for those who qualify? Are my credits transferable?

It's also from Sherlock. That might be too obvious to mention but I didn't see anypony mention it yet so... go watch Sherlock if you haven't already. It's really good
    Yes, it is very entertaining! I've watched a bit of that show. Up to... I want to say I've seen about 5 episodes. It's been a couple months since I've had access to a Nintendo Wii (Netflix Streaming).
    And if "MMMystery on the Friendship Express" is played straight, then the Ponyverse has an equivilent of Sherlock Holmes. This got me wondering if they got a Moliarty too. Wish they'd show more of their literature culture.

Quote Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier View Post
    Now, I think that Luna actually secretly likes the fact that ponies do this, because it shows that they consider her to be Celestia's equal.
    I think that's interesting that anypony would enjoy having their name "used in vain" as the case appears to be, but you do put up a good argument for why it would be accepted. I'll have to swear more by Luna's name then. Though already I've been using "For the love of Luna's left hoof."
    Not really a swear, but certainly a mention of our dear princess.

IF this is the first time you have read this post
    THEN thank you for doing your part
    ELSE IF you didn't read this post I am sad
    ELSE IF you read this post more than once I thank you again
    ELSE Null
    Is it just me or did anyone else think this needed semicolons after every line?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Why do the braces make them so cute?! Why? *melts*
    Cause... they have straight teeth now? I dunno.

On a completely different level of thought, I could see Lauren being left out of the commentary section of the DVD if she wasn't on the payroll at the time they were recording those tracks.

Damn, on second thought I should have asked for hugs. Is it too late to do that?
    Here's my response:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2012-10-22 at 06:24 AM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

18. - Top - End - #498

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Incidentally, Kai, it's been a million years since that fundraiser thing; have you gotten any word on that Lauren Faust sketch yet?

No worries if you haven't, it's not exactly a pressing concern
    Last I heard was she has started working on it (on 20th SEP), but nothing since. I am waiting too.

There are some things in the entertainment industry that are much like politics and sausage making. It's not something people should see. The wrongs that happen are segregated and hidden so as not to spoil what good could be wrought through the process. It's a burden, to be an insider and see the nitty gritty.

Hope you feel better Phoe. Hugs.
    "Winning with friendship means winning at life!"
    -Mako Mankanshoku

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mabn View Post
    Ah IWD2, that takes me back. I think my party had 4 sorcerers (1 with a level of paladin), a specialist wizard (with a level of thief), and a cleric. When I entered a combat area I had all my characters take turns being buffed past their eyeballs, running around like Leroy Jenkins, blast AoEs till they went dry or risked having their buffs time out, greater invisibility away, and take their turn as buff monkey. It was effective, and I found it hilarious, but I'm sure it could be horrible if that wasn't your thing. I think I lampshaded it as a group fresh from magic college that got on the wrong boat for the gratuitous use of evocation and necromancy convention and couldn't figure out how to leave.
    See, my BG 2 games run something like that (my party composition was usally Fighter/Wizard me, Imoen, Jahiera, Aerie and then Minsc (who has a few spells himself) and Mazzy for back-up).) But with IWD 2, I wanted do play with a few less spellcasters than usual (current party has a wizard and druid). I'm mean, I'm hardly optimised by even tabletop standards (three duel wielders - but then again PA doesn't give more than a +5 damage whaever, so...). But apparently, you really shouldn't bother with melee fighters at all, and just have sorcerers with Animate Dead and a small selection of status-inducers, and pretty much use the same tactics every fight (except perhaps when dealing with Undead.) One of the things I liked about the IWDs was on normal, blasting was fun because you'd find yourself switching your (numerous) attacks spells around to deal with various enemies. But there aren't anything like the selection of spells (that are effective) in HoF mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Ewww...
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is why I don't really bother with computer games based on D&D. A lot of it just doesn't carry over properly. More difficult enemies in tabletop D&D would be as simple as giving them better tactics and have them start adapting to the players' tactics. In a video game that's really hard to pull off properly. That and last time I tried playing a caster on NWN I decided to be a gnome illusionist because those things are always good for a laugh. Until I remembered just how utterly useless illusions are in games like that. Took me a whole 10-15 minutes out of the tutorial to get myself killed.
    Yeah, they kinda dropped the ball hard on that one. Melees really can't have nice things in Hof...

I think what I'm going to do use just use Dalekeeper to ramp the base AC up from 10 by about 15-20 points (based on - something I'm going to go and double-check- thinking the orcs are hitting with about +30 ish (which is more than my party by-the-by - sorry Black Isle, but if your monster has more hit points, and does more damage with a better attack bonus than me, it damn well should be a much higher CR!) and see how that goes. I'm not being put ot of my game because the one freaking time I played an interesting party composition that was not spellcasters, I get screwed over. (I've a good mind to go and add a couple of extra feats to the fighter multiclassers as well, to bring them in line with the "feat every level" I run 'em at!)

Chill, Phoe. You want to come and vent, even if you want to vent that you can't properly vent, go right ahead. Venting on random things (see prior Bleakbane posts...) is an entirely acceptable part of Ponythread. Even I'll generally sympathise. It sucks, by the sounds of things.

If it's any help, something my Mum once said is worth bearing in mind. If you can't change the world, you can at least try to change your little bit of it. Basically, don't loose too much sleep over the things you cn't do, and concentrate on the ones you can.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Really? Do you offer Financial Aid for those who qualify? Are my credits transferable?
    Yes, no, and probably not since it is Aotrs magic you're trained in. (Specifically necromancy and attendant offensive magic (though in the Star-Sergeant's special case I'm taking a more...idiosyncratic route.)

20. - Top - End - #500
    Colossus in the Playground

Don't apologise. We're here for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairaven View Post
    Last I heard was she has started working on it (on 20th SEP), but nothing since. I am waiting too.
    Cool cool.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

Thanq, yer avatar's apparently broke.

Edit: okay, s'back.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-10-22 at 07:05 AM.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Thanq, yer avatar's apparently broke.

Edit: okay, s'back.
    Any time I upload an image I make, the next 45 minutes are spent doing minor edits and tweaks, reuploading and taking it down and reuploading and taking it down and fixing all the little errors I didn't see when I finished it the first time.

Except in the case of some things I do which turn out perfect from the get go happy halloween
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-10-22 at 07:15 AM.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

Sigh, it always comes full circle to Ponythread, doesn't it? Props, as always, to Deadly/Adcoon
    Hehe, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kyouhen View Post
    Hehehe, just gave that a read. Few typos in there but otherwise that's an amusing little story. Got a few good laughs out of me.
    Yay

Wait, typos? Oh well, hopefully nothing big

If you know something, there are only two reasonable options, the way I see it. Either tell it in full, or not at all.

The middle-ground sort of vague hints and "Curse this, I know this secret stuff, and I wish I could tell you guys, but dammit I can't!" only serves to frustrate us and fuel all our wild/silly/stupid (conspiracy) theories. You know how good bad we are at taking anything, however small, and blow it up into some huge, elaborate theory. It's what we do constantly with the show itself, I know I certainly can't help myself. Don't feed it with something like this, it doesn't accomplish anything.

Personally I don't much care for secrets and corporate politics like this. Protecting the reputation of a company or person or whatever who did something bad only serves to justify them doing it again and again. If Hasbro (or whoever) did something bad, then their reputation be damned, tell the whole bloody world (or at least our small part of it who cares)!

But that's just me. In my not so humble opinion, there's way too much protecting the oh so sensitive reputations of people who do awful stuff. Now, if it's to protect the victims, then that might well be another matter. I don't know what you know or don't know, or what happened or didn't happen, so I can't say if people ought to know or not, but vagueness doesn't serve anyone.

As others have said, get some sleep, step away for a moment. That's always wise strategy.

Also, *hugs* to you and Faust, both, and anyone else who wants one. We don't need a reason to give out hugs

24. - Top - End - #504
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    If you know something, there are only two reasonable options, the way I see it. Either tell it in full, or not at all.

The middle-ground sort of vague hints and "Curse this, I know this secret stuff, and I wish I could tell you guys, but dammit I can't!" only serves to frustrate us and fuel all our wild/silly/stupid (conspiracy) theories. You know how good bad we are at taking anything, however small, and blow it up into some huge, elaborate theory. It's what we do constantly with the show itself, I know I certainly can't help myself. Don't feed it with something like this, it doesn't accomplish anything.
    me? i am just the opposite..i am fully used to being able to tell only some of the story or hint at stuff(kinda a requirement when you serve on submarines)
    Q: how deep can you dive?
    A: we can go below 200 ft

Q: how fast can you go?
    A: in excess of 10 knots

Q: any nuke torpedoes/missiles?
    A: i can neither confirm nor deny the presence of nuclear weapons on-board this vessel

you can go pick up a copy of Jane's Warships and get much more accurate info than that but those are the answers you get from any subby
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

Well that's a shame.

Respect her

Don't worship her.

Preemptive EDIT: Lest I be seen as disregarding Faust's contribution to the series, I have nothing against her in even the least. She's pretty freakin' amazing. But we hardly have the whole story here, just one tweet. Was she asked to contribute? We don't know. Was she overlooked accidentally? We don't know. Was she intentionally snubbed? WE DON'T KNOW.

I'll echo the last line of the post; be positive. MLP was amazing while Lauren created/worked on it. It's been amazing since she left it too. Don't assume you know what happened, because we don't. And don't bad mouth the people who put a season one DVD release together after saying that it would be impossible/difficult for them to do so.

Finally, I'm re-reading what I just typed, and while it accurately represents what I feel, I also kind of think Hasbro should be paying me to write it
    True but it would have been nice to get her word on Season 1. Losing it just means we have less nice stuff.

You know I've never quite been clear on how EQ Daily runs and how it gets all this insider information. Or if everypony there works pro-bono or not?

Regardless vent as much as you feel the need to. We'll always be hear to listen.

Personally I don't much care for secrets and corporate politics like this. Protecting the reputation of a company or person or whatever who did something bad only serves to justify them doing it again and again. If Hasbro (or whoever) did something bad, then their reputation be damned, tell the whole bloody world (or at least our small part of it who cares)!

But that's just me. In my not so humble opinion, there's way too much protecting the oh so sensitive reputations of people who do awful stuff. Now, if it's to protect the victims, then that might well be another matter. I don't know what you know or don't know, or what happened or didn't happen, so I can't say if people ought to know or not, but vagueness doesn't serve anyone.

As others have said, get some sleep, step away for a moment. That's always wise strategy.

Also, *hugs* to you and Faust, both, and anyone else who wants one. We don't need a reason to give out hugs
    If she feels the need to vent then we shouldn't feel the need to press her for more details she can't give. Just support her the best you can and let her make her own decision on what path she wants to take.

Or to put it another way, she's venting to feel better not to inform us, (As far as I can tell over the internet.) and that's perfectly fine by me.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    me? i am just the opposite..i am fully used to being able to tell only some of the story or hint at stuff(kinda a requirement when you serve on submarines)
    Q: how deep can you dive?
    A: we can go below 200 ft

Q: how fast can you go?
    A: in excess of 10 knots

Q: any nuke torpedoes/missiles?
    A: i can neither confirm nor deny the presence of nuclear weapons on-board this vessel

you can go pick up a copy of Jane's Warships and get much more accurate info than that but those are the answers you get from any subby
    Which is one way of saying nothing. But saying "I know things, and it's driving me crazy that I can't tell you" is not saying nothing, it's hinting and teasing, whether intentionally or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    If she feels the need to vent then we shouldn't feel the need to press her for more details she can't give. Just support her the best you can and let her make her own decision on what path she wants to take.

Or to put it another way, she's venting to feel better not to inform us, (As far as I can tell over the internet.) and that's perfectly fine by me.
    Venting is fine. We all need to vent sometimes. But you can vent without actually saying or hinting at anything.

But saying, effectively, "I know something about this, it's a secret and really eating away at me, but I can't tell you" is not particularly helpful to anyone and probably only serves to fuel the rage and stupid theories.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ettin in the Playground

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Animation/Gallery
    Spoiler
    Show
    From the gallery, the season 3 will be the darkest hour yet. I hope it will connect with the possible recolonization of Luna's moon colony, or crystal empire.
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

Not season three related probably.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

29. - Top - End - #509

Which is one way of saying nothing. But saying "I know things, and it's driving me crazy that I can't tell you" is not saying nothing, it's hinting and teasing, whether intentionally or not.
    Ehh. Hasbro saying "we'll tell you something in a while" is hinting and teasing (or at least the latter). What Phoe is doing, while it may possibly lead to some of the same results, is simply expressing feelings that arguably would be better unexpressed.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

The solution to the situation seems simply to me. Find a suitably competent camera brony, arrange to film a similar interviewy thing to those available on the DVD, post the section on Youtube for everyone to enjoy.

(Bonus points if it's done in exactly the same kind of style as those sections on the DVD).