New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [FO:E] Fallout Equestria OOC 2: Ante-Up My Little Ponies

Eh... Been in university for the day, kind of back, but gotta study a bit for tomorrow's test.

Oh wow, an possibly actually good steel ranger? that seems pretty nice

Lycan... My guess is that the fun about Steel Rangers is exactly
    their equipment, so I doubt giving him just normal gear would ruin it. I mean, scribes are boring, with some exceptions .

But yeah, I thought Ducard actually got pwned in a duel
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #392
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Oh wow, an possibly actually good steel ranger? that seems pretty nice
    "Hey, I find that offensive. I mean talking a lot isn't evil, is it?"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Lycan... My guess is that the fun about Steel Rangers is exactly
    their equipment, so I doubt giving him just normal gear would ruin it.
    Wait, are you meaning to back me up here? Because that's kinda my point. You don't need to have power armor and weapons to be awesome as a Steel Ranger. Normal gear is still fun and effective, and a lot more fair, balanced, and in-line with the fluff.

I mean, scribes are boring, with some exceptions .
    Veronica. Christine. Wadda Scoops.

Heck, Scribes in the Steel Rangers are more awesome than normal BoS Scribes, because they not only learn about all the technology stuff, but they learn and archive magic too! So no, I have to disagree. Scribes are not boring.

Now. In regards to what is happening in Fillydelphia...

I accept no responsibility for whatever happens to Eleyew. Stern is one of the main BBEGs from the fic, and I'm sure everyone who's read it knows how nice I just was with her blowing up the slave instead of Eleyew. I PM'd Dark Elf Bard and told her that Eleyew would be okay as long as she didn't do anything stupid.

Insulting Stern qualifies as "anything stupid."

So yeah. There's a pretty strong chance she may get herself killed if she digs herself any deeper. This isn't me being homicidal. This is me doing the GM job. So, please, nobody go crusading against me for "forceful player killing" or anything silly like that. I'm just doing my job, IF it comes to that...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Now. In regards to what is happening in Fillydelphia...

I accept no responsibility for whatever happens to Eleyew. Stern is one of the main BBEGs from the fic, and I'm sure everyone who's read it knows how nice I just was with her blowing up the slave instead of Eleyew. I PM'd Dark Elf Bard and told her that Eleyew would be okay as long as she didn't do anything stupid.

Insulting Stern qualifies as "anything stupid."

So yeah. There's a pretty strong chance she may get herself killed if she digs herself any deeper. This isn't me being homicidal. This is me doing the GM job. So, please, nobody go crusading against me for "forceful player killing" or anything silly like that. I'm just doing my job, IF it comes to that...
    Yeah, gonna just go ahead and say that I wasn't even expecting the second chance, and that this more than counts as "Giving fair warning".
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

5. - Top - End - #395

Wait, are you meaning to back me up here? Because that's kinda my point. You don't need to have power armor and weapons to be awesome as a Steel Ranger. Normal gear is still fun and effective, and a lot more fair, balanced, and in-line with the fluff.
    Eh... I though I wrote an "I think", not "I doubt"

No, my whole point is normal gear is boring and the point of steel rangers (at least to me) is using advanced fun stuff
    The whole point it's that it's just freaking cool.

Veronica. Christine. Wadda Scoops.

Heck, Scribes in the Steel Rangers are more awesome than normal BoS Scribes, because they not only learn about all the technology stuff, but they learn and archive magic too! So no, I have to disagree. Scribes are not boring.
    Learning and archiving tech and magic is boring! the whole fun is geting a knight/paladin and shooting and exploding things! most of their stuff is action and action and MOAR action! and if scribes do, knights get a lot more plus armor and wepons and stuff....

....Well, action is the only fun thing for me anyways
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-11-01 at 09:36 PM.
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #396

There's nothing wrong with liking the action, adventure, and explody bits of the RP. That's well and fine! And having high powered characters isn't an issue either. Power level is simply a tool that allows PCs to get involved with situations that would be suicidal otherwise.

HOWEVER.

Dropping a power level 4 pony into a group of power level 2-3 ponies can cause a bit of trouble. A huge power disparity within a group makes it a lot harder for us as the GMs to set up encounters that can challenge everypony without being impossible for somepony.

Also: Steel Rangers don't kick out other Steel Rangers who refuse to follow orders. They execute them. If you want to play a Steel Ranger paladin with all their gear then play them straight. This renegade stuff isn't going to fly because it makes no in-universe sense.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Dwarf in the Playground

Learning and archiving tech and magic is boring! the whole fun is geting a knight/paladin and shooting and exploding things! most of their stuff is action and action and MOAR action! and if scribes do, knights get a lot more plus armor and wepons and stuff....
    Part of my magic-learning experience involved feeling like I was going to incinerate myself. Followed by nearly incinerating Fleetwing. Learning isn't exactly boring.

I've got another character who has something else to say about this topic, but that would be a spoiler. Anyway, research can be exciting in its own ways, such as experiments going wrong.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

And thus, Violetta passes her first test on her way to becoming Fleetwing's Morality Pet.

Regarding Laminos' brother, it's possible he could have some of that equipment if he were on a slightly different quest. Perhaps he volunteered to be the one to hunt down his brother, so that nopony else would get to him first? His plan could simply be to try and work out a future where Laminos is alive, and not getting hunted by the Steel Rangers. As for his equipment, how much of that would've survived getting entirely submerged in quicksand? Or better yet, how much would he have to shed/drop to not be doomed himself?

9. - Top - End - #399

....Well, action is the only fun thing for me anyways
    Well, Scoops is currently setting up to skewer two Alicorns with a single sniper shot over in Manehatten. Or if that fails, just sending (insert vital body part) to (insert GPS location within 500 miles of fight)
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-11-01 at 10:07 PM.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

Ducard was killed off in a duel.... Back when Lamianos had a horn and shot glances of fear at people. The fluff I wrote for him then was for a character design that got fixed up as it went through the motions.

Yeah, a railgun is a bit much, i'll admit. Heck, i don't think i've even seen one with my own eyes. I've just kind of painted a mental image of one from all the times i've read about them. The more I think about it, the more I like Amish' idea though (Both of them actually). Would that be more in line with fluff and sense making?
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

11. - Top - End - #401
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hunting Lamianos and having to ditch some/most/all the gear to survive the quicksand? Yeah, I guess we can go with that.

Huh. I'm noticing some rather interesting character reactions. Or lack thereof. Bright Eyes walking into a gore-filled room full of I don't even know what, and all she does is comment snarkily on the interior decorating. Meanwhile, Eleyew doesn't even acknowledge that an anti-tank rifle just got fired in her face, and that somebody just got exploded because of her copping an attitude. You'd think most normal characters would have some reaction to things like that......

These characters must being jaded sociopaths or something, man....

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Hunting Lamianos and having to ditch some/most/all the gear to survive the quicksand? Yeah, I guess we can go with that.
    Not to mention it leads to the hilarious mental picture of a mighty Steel Ranger, fully decked out in power armor...brandishing a dinky 9mm pistol.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Troll in the Playground

These characters must being jaded sociopaths or something, man....
    Probably, and that's just depressing. xD

Swift Star would react the same, but that's kinda what happens when you have no conscience and inability for real empathy due to...complications of the brain. Cough.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ettin in the Playground

It's the wasteland man. It changes you. Albeit, probably not that rapidly.

Heh, the scene's already playing out in my mind:
    "We meet again brother. It seems as if I can't run and you won't flee..... To the death I presume?"
    "Aye...." *He pulls out a revolver*
    "Really?....."
    "Yeah, but Luka loaned it to me. So if I don't win coukd you give it back to him?"
    *Facehoof* "....Fine."
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

"Also, I owe him ten caps for the ammo, and seeing how you're my closest living relative and all..."

Because duels to the death are hilarious!

@Lycan: Is there somepony you're waiting on for the Girdershade scene?
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-11-02 at 02:06 PM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'd kinda like to know who all is actually going into town. If everyone is going into the town, or if somepony is going to wait outside of town, that needs to be clarified. Also, you can go ahead and say whose house you're going to first - Bucky isn't visibly outside.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, I've posted pretty recently in terms of that scene, and Violetta is definitely going into town, so I think I'll let the others clarify things.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

18. - Top - End - #408

Boy, Manehatten just got a little weird, what with a good-karma Ranger and Sprinkles' completely founded and rational concerns.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-11-02 at 02:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

I'd kinda like to know who all is actually going into town. If everyone is going into the town, or if somepony is going to wait outside of town, that needs to be clarified. Also, you can go ahead and say whose house you're going to first - Bucky isn't visibly outside.
    Fair enough, I've thrown up a post that'll give everypony the chance to state clearly what they're doing.

Aaaaaaaand partial ninja by Purity.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Boy, Manehatten just got a little weird, what with a good-karma Ranger and Sprinkles' completely founded and rational concerns.
    After two centuries in the Wasteland, it's safe to say Sprinkles has experience with the Steel Rangers.

Up until he met Scoops, none of it was good. >.>;

21. - Top - End - #411

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    It's the wasteland man. It changes you. Albeit, probably not that rapidly.

Heh, the scene's already playing out in my mind:
    "We meet again brother. It seems as if I can't run and you won't flee..... To the death I presume?"
    "Aye...." *He pulls out a revolver*
    "Really?....."
    "Yeah, but Luka loaned it to me. So if I don't win coukd you give it back to him?"
    *Facehoof* "....Fine."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    "Also, I owe him ten caps for the ammo, and seeing how you're my closest living relative and all..."

Because duels to the death are hilarious!
    "I already told you that was free!"

Eh... That revolver could maaaaybe be loaned if that was his only weapon, if he had a rifle then I dunno if he would care that much, he's a rifle user

Also, I don't know if Gleamy would go inside, she's been outside before, so I don't think I'm exactly sure
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Also, I don't know if Gleamy would go inside, she's been outside before, so I don't think I'm exactly sure
    I'm guessing she'd probably do whatever Swift does, so she's likely going into town too?

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    "Don't mind it. I have not saved one life until now, and I'm glad I was able to help you."
    Says the guy who went out of his way to feed a stallion he barely knew a healing potion.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

Reading Down's reactions to seeing Lucky just made me realize something that I really should've quite a while ago:

Pegasi aren't all that common on the surface, are they? Sure, they aren't as sparse in Equestria as, say, Zebras might be, but you're going to see far, far more Earth Ponies and Unicorns by comparison. If so, then this is going to definitely cement a few up-in-the air details regarding Fleetwing's past.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-11-03 at 12:44 PM.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

up-in-the air.
    ...>.>

In other news, can you blame them? The clouds are about as safe as they were Prewar, aside from the occasional dragon/griffon/Alicorn that starts making a mess of things.

26. - Top - End - #416

*listens to some atmospheric music to get the feel of Wild Rabbit Woods*

Keep in mind that mushrooms are tall enough and thick enough to create a canopy that sets the forest in a state of perpetual twilight illuminated by phosphorescent green glow. This place isn't just dead trees and a few little mushrooms here and there.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Reading Down's reactions to seeing Lucky just made me realize something that I really should've quite a while ago:

Pegasi aren't all that common on the surface, are they? Sure, they aren't as sparse in Equestria as, say, Zebras might be, but you're going to see far, far more Earth Ponies and Unicorns by comparison. If so, then this is going to definitely cement a few up-in-the air details regarding Fleetwing's past.
    Actually, you're more likely to meet a Zebra than a Pegasus. As I recall, Calamity said that to his knowledge, there's only one other living Dash-ite in the Wasteland besides him, and he's an elderly stallion named Radio. So yeah, the original fic implies that pegasi on the ground are extremely rare.

It's within reason to assume, though, that there are a few descendants or low-profile Dash-ites scattered around the Wastes, and probably a few who are or descended from Stable-dwellers. But the total earth-bound pegasus population, not counting those in Stables, probably numbers below two dozen.

On the flip side, Zebras have at least one decently-populated settlement (before the alicorns decided they were fun to sacrifice, at least), so they kinda have numerical superiority by default. Not to mention various descendants and scattered wanderers. I seem to recall at least one Vault that held Zebras, though I don't recall what happened to it...

28. - Top - End - #418

However keep in mind that Fallout Equestria was written before we found out about throwbacks, that even a pair of earth ponies can birth pegasi or unicorns if they have the blood in their family.

Pegasus are relatively rare, yeah. But just by looking at what we have thus far in the game and taking into account what we've learned from Season Two a higher pegasus population is by no means out of the question.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    However keep in mind that Fallout Equestria was written before we found out about throwbacks, that even a pair of earth ponies can birth pegasi or unicorns if they have the blood in their family.

Pegasus are relatively rare, yeah. But just by looking at what we have thus far in the game and taking into account what we've learned from Season Two a higher pegasus population is by no means out of the question.
    Oh yeah, forgot about throwbacks. >.<

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

"I got it! I'll hide out on one of them pre-ser-vations, and anytime a pony tries t'kill me, they get hauled off for huntin' an endangered species! It's foalproof!"

Alright, so I don't mess up backstory details with canon, what does it take to get exiled from, but not executed by, the Enclave? I know that, at least in our setting, we have operatives working on the surface, as well as the odd mining/trading towns in the mountains, so they're allowed to spend some time on the surface with no repercussions. Is there some sort of deadline to return to the clouds, after which a pegasus is considered "unclean"?