New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [FO:E] Fallout Equestria OOC 2: Ante-Up My Little Ponies

Welp, Luka already broke, I think.

I think the post's understating his reaction though.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Well, glad to see that post had the desired effect. I actually cried a little while writing it, just because of the poetic, ironic tragedy of the whole situation coming down to such a conclusion.

Note that I'm not replying yet because I'm still waiting on Elestre.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    @Lycan: I hate to keep being the squeaky wheel, but I think you might've forgotten the Girdershade folks again. Swift and Gleamy are passing their rounds unless directly addressed/scuffle breaks out.
    Oh. I didn't know that. And I was hoping they might interject to correct Violetta's unfounded assertion that Bucky is in love with Soda Fizz. She's kinda overstepping things there... in a big way.

But sure, I'll get a post up in a sec.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Oh. I didn't know that. And I was hoping they might interject to correct Violetta's unfounded assertion that Bucky is in love with Soda Fizz. She's kinda overstepping things there... in a big way.

But sure, I'll get a post up in a sec.
    Well now they might interject.

Quick question; did Fizz hand over the bits and schematics, or did she just take them out? 'Cause Fleetwing will react differently if he's got his hooves full at the moment.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Well now they might interject.
    Swift wouldn't dare interrupt this scene; She's trying to get an idea of Violetta and Fleetwing's personalities by observing how they handle an awkward/difficult situation.

Mind you, since there's more at stake here than a character evaluation, feel assured that Bucky will be getting a visit when nopony else is looking.

"If you break that mare's heart, remember: 300 yards, Zebra Rifle, Red Mist..."

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Let's say that in her surprise and haste, she dropped the bag and the schematics on the floor as she turned to bolt for the door.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Mind you, since there's more at stake here than a character evaluation, feel assured that Bucky will be getting a visit when nopony else is looking.

"If you break that mare's heart, remember: 300 yards, Zebra Rifle, Red Mist..."
    Make sure to take the liberty of replacing all his ammo with cartridges full of wet dirt first.

8. - Top - End - #488

Uh... Now I got lost with Luka:

He steeped out of his quest to find his dad to help at freeing the slaves of Old Appleloosa, which got ruined and actually killed the slaves, then goes back to NA and gets kicked into a slaver train, semi-ruined, escapes but other slaves don't, then finds Ebon as an alicorn...

So now he breaks down... What now? TBH... I didn't plan what could happen if Luka got to Tenponny and after that

I wonder now if Ebon's sacrifice turned into a senseless one, I mean, he escaped, then rejoined and the slavers still got the party and alicorns didn't help free them, instead the party freed themselves

Also Lycan, still no answer whether Stern would send groups after the OA party or not, and I doubt waiting for DEB to post about Eleyew would do much...
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, Luka got SUPER side tracked from his original quest. Might as well head back and do that eh? When all's lost all you have is family, so go ahead and find yours.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Uh... Now I got lost with Luka:

He steeped out of his quest to find his dad to help at freeing the slaves of Old Appleloosa, which got ruined and actually killed the slaves, then goes back to NA and gets kicked into a slaver train, semi-ruined, escapes but other slaves don't, then finds Ebon as an alicorn...

So now he breaks down... What now? TBH... I didn't plan what could happen if Luka got to Tenponny and after that

I wonder now if Ebon's sacrifice turned into a senseless one, I mean, he escaped, then rejoined and the slavers still got the party and alicorns didn't help free them, instead the party freed themselves

Also Lycan, still no answer whether Stern would send groups after the OA party or not, and I doubt waiting for DEB to post about Eleyew would do much...
    What now? Don't ask us. He's your character. Roleplay him.

Also, Ebon's sacrifice wasn't a senseless one. The only reason that green Alicorn didn't kill or recapture Luka and crew in the woods is because Ebon had turned himself back in and been Unified, and the Goddess had basically given the all clear for the rest of those PCs to go free. If they hadn't escaped, an alicorn would have met the train in Fillydelphia and basically told the slavers to let the OA crew go.

Also, Ebon finally found peace, after a long life of suffering. It was an excellent conclusion to his character - well worth his sacrifice.

As for DEB, I'm giving her a few more hours, as I can't tell when she's been online last.

11. - Top - End - #491

Hey Lost?

I think you might have more fun playing a character that isn't a hermit that shuns all pony contact and actually has a reason to go out and do things >_>
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah... tried to think of a way to keep her out, but it didn't work. I'll watch for a place with more PCs in it and throw her in that direction. I can probably think of reasons for her to go places, but not to stay there without a good reason.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Firbolg in the Playground

So, it seems like we're setting up the Scav post to have a lot of distinct characters with names...

How long until something horrible happens to them all?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    So, it seems like we're setting up the Scav post to have a lot of distinct characters with names...

How long until something horrible happens to them all?
    ...30 Seconds.

"Hey, look what I found! It's a Balefi-" *BOOM*

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Til somebody says something treasonous or heretical in front of Sprinkles.

So yeah, 'bout 30 seconds.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Yeah... tried to think of a way to keep her out, but it didn't work. I'll watch for a place with more PCs in it and throw her in that direction. I can probably think of reasons for her to go places, but not to stay there without a good reason.
    I think this is a good opportunity to introduce a character of mine, actually.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    I think this is a good opportunity to introduce a character of mine, actually.
    Flower Tail? We're all doomed.

18. - Top - End - #498

Could we get some information on Flower Tail? The only thing I seem to recall about her are comments regarding 'crazy' and 'really powerful'. It would be useful to have more information on a really powerful crazy PC =P

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Could we get some information on Flower Tail? The only thing I seem to recall about her are comments regarding 'crazy' and 'really powerful'. It would be useful to have more information on a really powerful crazy PC =P
    Perhaps best summed up as a decently high-level DnD Druid. In the Everfree.

20. - Top - End - #500

The plants in the Everfree are hopped up on Star power. They don't give a sack of horseapples about pony magic >_>

21. - Top - End - #501
    Dwarf in the Playground

Really? Why didn't you mention that earlier, then? I'm getting a bit tired of this. If you're going to use established facts to shoot down my proposals, at least make sure they're established and not like "Oh, hey, turns out due to this thing I didn't mention earlier, it won't work".

I think she's not unreasonable. Stars or no Stars, they're still plants, and she still has her power. And given what she uses said power for (Preserving the Everfree and driving travellers out of it), I don't think the Stars would really object that much, if they're even actively affecting things.

22. - Top - End - #502

This isn't a Fallout Equestria thing.

This is a Friendship is Magic thing.

The Everfree Forest doesn't respond to pony magic. That's why the weather is wild, the plants grow on their own, and the animals fend for themselves. Pony magic has no place there. If pony magic DID work there it would have been tamed already. And the Everfree has gotten horrifically worse over the past two hundred years.

Maaaaaaybe you should run character concepts past the OOC before diving into them? Especially ones that deviate pretty strongly from what we see in FiM?

That and this is also sorta trampling Lost's character who actually has a setting appropriate reason for being able to survive in the Everfree without being bludgeoned to death by hostile shrubs.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

A random thought, but what if Flower Tail is trying to make another Everfree, only one that she (and only she) could control? She's got the magic capable for making a grove on the edges of the forest proper, and that could act as her (relatively) safe area. From there, she could attempt to nip samples from the fringes of the forest, and then try to reproduce them in such a way that they remain wild and freely-growing, but still respond to her magic.

From what I know of her in the Bridle Shores RP, it's a goal worthy of her ego: undisputed lord and master of the New Everfree. Is it possible? Probably not, but like I said, the goal fits her ego.

24. - Top - End - #504

Having a little grove of plants of her own apart from the main forest could work. It would be a constant battle of weeding against the encroaching wild forest, though. Trying to control the Everfree itself, though? Neeeeeh. Not so much. That doesn't fit with FO:E or FiM all that well.

The plants of the Everfree have been fundamentally altered, though. When LilPip and co went there the WHOLE forest showed up as one giant red splotch on the Eyes Forward Sparkle. One giant mass of hostility toward them. The Everfree actively seeks to destroy anything that isn't a part of itself.

There's magic around that can cure various types of magical infections, but it isn't exactly common knowledge. Something of that nature could be used to cleanse some seeds, but they would lose their nasty stellar traits in the process.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-11-06 at 01:13 AM.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

And there's still the glaring issue of her basically telling Lost Deep's character "anything you can do, I can do better." Deep's character already has the "forest hermit with a plant theme" archtype covered. Randomly making a bigger, better version of that character and then flaunting it in her face is... well, it's kinda rude.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Right, so... ...*Ahem.*

In a surprise attempt to change the subject, I did some playing around with Photoshop and ended up with a Character Portrait for Bauhaus.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Aye, sort of a Mad Science quest that may or may not end up creating new sorts of abominations with short (or broken) leashes. Also has the advantage of shifting her to a slightly different character type such that Toluene's toes aren't getting stepped on.

Not to mention their first meeting would be hilarious.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm going with Amish's suggestion on the basis that it stops this argument.

I do try to get things discussed earlier, but sometimes, they slip by. For instance, maybe Violetta should be evaluated again before I actually confirm that she's a Geneforge-style Shaper, since last time I tried to get her checked out, we got distracted by ice fairies.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

I do try to get things discussed earlier, but sometimes, they slip by. For instance, maybe Violetta should be evaluated again before I actually confirm that she's a Geneforge-style Shaper, since last time I tried to get her checked out, we got distracted by ice fairies.

...she's a what?

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

...What.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting this somehow, but you might consider toning down the power there, just a bit. Buffing up allies a bit and normal unicorn magic is one thing.

CREATING LIFE is probably a few steps above normal.

EDIT: Now, playing around with Project Chimera actually kinda would let you do some shaping...

...Unfortunately, you'd have to get through Hippocratic Research to reach it, which is a lethal dungeon even by Blackjack's standards, and then you'd probably need EC 1011 to use it properly.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-11-06 at 01:48 AM.