New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Celestia's Finest: Throwdown on Mane Street

Quote Originally Posted by userpay View Post
    Brazen launches into his own round of stretches. Admittedly he already did spend most of the running about but in a suit made to help augment his movements, there was still a bit to limber up. "Every soldier is trained so that if they have to they can put a bullet in somepony when it comes to brass tacks. Some do it easier than others but you flip that switch almost as if it were as simple as breathin."
    "That's because it is." Sniper replied.

"And what about yerself? Got anythin you need to clarify about me?"
    He moved to the center of the mat. The invitation was there to speak his mind, so he did.

"Half of me envies you because you live in such a black and white world. You're everything my father wanted me to be. The other half hates that you can't let my mistakes go. I've got enough guilt over my actions as it is. You don't have to add to it."

Sniper adjusted his stance and weight distribution so that he could react and respond quickly to Brazen's actions. It was time to get serious.

"Ready when you are, fly boy."
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2017-10-21 at 07:36 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Celestia's Finest: Throwdown on Mane Street

Brazen walks to the edge of the mat and watches as Sniper sets himself. "In what way?" The earth pony crouches down. "Ah act strong, ah like to act like ah've got everythin under control, but ah still hesitate in the field. Ah don't let up on you about it because ah still can't let myself up on it either."

"That 'black and white' you envy me for just means ah get to second guess myself constantly when things go wrong."

With that Brazen makes a jump at Sniper, aiming a hoof for a high strike.

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't know if you want to do this by dice or by pure rp. I'll make a roll just in case.
    Brawling (skill 15) (3d6)[10]

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm cool with rolling to keep things unexpected. I wouldn't bother rolling damage since we're obviously not trying to kill each other, here. (I hope.) I made a dodge roll in the dice roller thread.

Boxing:
    (3d6)[4][6][6](16) VS 13

Sniper's attempt to dodge the incoming Brazen Kick earned him a long bruise as the brawler tore down the side of his barrel. He retaliated by whipping about to fire a punch at his opponent.

"Every pony second guesses themselves, genius. That's not unique to you."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Sniper's retaliation clips Brazen's shoulder but otherwise doesn't do much to faze the earth pony.

"But just like how you can flip yer switch more easily than others there are some who let those second guesses get to them." Brazen's rear hoof kicks out to the side against his opponent. "Even if it don't get caught in the grip in the heat of the moment."

Spoiler
    Show
    Derp, rolled dodge anyway despite your roll not meeting the dc.

Brawling (3d6)[11] vs 15

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper ducked low and backward. The kick missed as he put some distance between them. Sniper continued retreating for a moment, buying him some distance and time.

"So where does that leave us? You didn't pull the trigger, but you feel guilty, so you take it out on me. If you can't move past what happened, why should I bother trying to atone? What chance of success do I have?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

"Because if you don't learn and atone then it might just happen again!" Brazen throws himself across the mat chasing after Sniper as the pegasus tries to retreat.

Spoiler
    Show
    New tactic time, wrestlin (3d6)[14] vs 15

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"And you think constantly throwing it in my face will help?"

Sniper bounded up and backward. He needed to catch Brazen's charge and use the stallion's own momentum against him. It was a trick he'd developed to deal with Rainbow Dash after their last bought. Now it was time to see if it would work.

Spoiler
    Show

Parry + Boxing/Retreat Bonus:
    (3d6)[4][3][1](8) VS 12

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Sniper's block surprises Brazen, sending the earth pony skittering past for several steps before he manages to turn around. "And ah suppose you'd like us all to bury it and never speak of it again eh? Ah've seen that happen before. Sometimes the pony learns from their error and moves on with life, more often than not they end up just repeating until everypony else can't take it no more and brings the hammer down, that's what ah'm worried about. What sign am ah supposed to look for to know that you are changin for real? What sign am ah supposed to see to make me not worry? Ah can't tell with you Sniper, that's why ah'm scared."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"What I want is for you to help me or get out of the way." Sniper fired back. "I'm trying to be better, Brazen. I'm trying to be friendly, I'm trying to cooperate more. Stars, I'm trying. And I'm sorry that I can't just flip a switch and be different enough to meet your expectations, but what do you want from me? To not cripple a captive pony? I've been doing a pretty good job of that one lately. Or have you been so busy chasing flank that you didn't notice?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen's eye twitches. "Mayhaps you should chase some flank yerself. Might help calm you down." He seems ready to pounce again but then the earth pony takes a deep breath, holds it for a moment, then lets it out. "That's neither here nor there though. Perhaps it's my fault for gettin wrapped up in my uncertainty that ah couldn't be sure about you." His stance relaxes a touch. "Ah want to support you, you are givin it ah go if recent events are anything to go by, but signals from you have gotten crossed before so ah couldn't be sure since we haven't had it out in the open till now. You affirm to me right here and now that yer makin ah solid at it ah'll do my best to help rather than badger you over it."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper gave Brazen an even look-- right in the eye.

"Brazen, on my personal and professional honor, I swear I'm trying to be a better pony."

It was the honest truth.

As for the possibility of him chasing flank? That was still a solid 'no.' Not gonna happen.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen stares Sniper down for several moments then sighs. "Alright then, it's ah deal. So..." He smirks. "We need to continue this bout or we all worked out for the moment? Anything else to air?"

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper nodded.

"Just that I'll get not to be such a jealous, angry nag. Aside from that, I've got nothing. Although I could use the practice if you want to go a few more rounds."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

"That's the spirit!" Already Brazen is launching himself towards Sniper again, hooves outstretched, at the mention of a few more rounds.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wrestling (3d6)[11] vs 15

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Despite Brazen's surprise attack, Sniper was able to replicate his previous maneuver. This time, however, Sniper followed up on his advantage. He lobbed a quick jab at Brazen.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show

Boxing:
    (3d6)[6][2][6](14) VS 13

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen leans slightly and the returned jab goes slightly offcourse. "Well ah'll give you this, you're certainly ah quick study." He was certainly surprised that Sniper was doing so well. To hear him talk before it had seemed like the pegasus had very little CQC training prior. Still it was a game of the heavier stallion trying to pin a lighter, more elusive opponent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wrestling (3d6)[5] vs 15

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The third time failed to be the charm as Sniper deflected Brazen'a lunge. Sensing a pattern, Sniper decided to go for some disruption. He went in close and attempted a grapple of his own.

"I've been motivated." He explained his quick study. "And had a lot of time on my hooves."

Show
    Grapple!
    (3d6)[3][4][6](13) VS 12 (Dex)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen makes a half turn to move out of Sniper's near grab. "Lets see how much practical use we can squeeze in."

Spoiler
    Show
    wrestling (3d6)[10] vs 15

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

History repeated itself as Sniper deflects Brazen'a grab. Sniper couldn't actually hit the stallion, but neither was Brazen grappling him either.

Sniper charged forward, intent on giving Brazen a taste of his own medicine.

Show
    Grapple
    (3d6)[2][1][2](5) VS 12

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Dodge (3d6)[5] vs 9

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

By now Brazen can't help but chuckle, the two of them seeming unable to land a good hit or grab to the other.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wrestling (3d6)[11] vs 15

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Dodge:
    (3d6)[1][3][6](10) vs 13

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Once again, Sniper slipped away from Brazen's attempt to grab him. He was fed up by this point. It was time to get drastic.

"Ever feel like you're going in circles?"

Sniper popped the question just as he popped an uppercut right at that Brazen Chin.

Show

Extra Effort:
    (3d6)[2][4][2](8) vs 13

Boxing:
    (3d6)[1][4][2](7) vs 8/9 (13 Skill - 5[Targeting Face] + 1(?) Extra Effort)

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

"Was wonderin what dat feelin was!" Brazen responds with crossin his hooves to block Sniper's uppercut. Using the slightly elevated position of standing on his hindlegs to come down with a headbutt.

Spoiler
    Show
    Brawling (3d6)[8] vs 15

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper immediately registered a different feeling: the pain of a Brazen Chin retaliating. The impact dropped him to the floor and left him reeling.

He was going to have a hangover tomorrow without the good time to show for it.

Sniper began scrabbling backwards in an effort to get out from under Brazen and some distance to get his wits back.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

The headbutt sends Brazen reeling slightly as well but with typical earth pony resilience he shakes it off quickly and bounds after the retreating Sniper.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wrestling (3d6)[7] vs 15

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper's retreat wasn't fast enough. Or maybe his mind was still addled from the headbutting. Regardless, he was quickly tackled by Brazen. He knew where this was going from experience. Sniper gathered his strength and tried to throw off Brazen's hold.

Show

Strength Roll:
    (3d6)[5][2][3](10) VS 13

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Finally Brazen's managed to get ahold of Sniper, the headbutt seeming to have done the trick, but now they struggle over who pins who.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eh, shoulda been a takedown or pin (sounds like Sniper's already on the ground?) but it would still be rolling against 15 anyway as I get a +2 for being +2 above DX skillwise. Not sure whether we tied on the roll so nothing happened or I won because I had more degrees of success.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Sniper's running close combat score is 1-2. One win, two losses. He's pinned beneath the bulk and weight of the bigger stallion and definitely not going anywhere any time soon.

"... Stupid chin." Sniper mutters.

Show

If I recall correctly, Brazen wins because of the higher degree of success. Either way, I think it's fitting at this point.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Brazen grins back down at Sniper. "The chin gets it's revenge!" He quips theatrically. With a huff Brazen gets off of the pegasus and offers him a hoof up. "Again ah gotta hand it to you did well there. Startin to look forward to seein you in action again methinks."