New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Alpha Panda, Serenity RPG IC

Greg
    Alpha Panda Bridge

Greg looks out the bridge window quizzically as they make their landing. Cap! Do smugglers usually receive such a warm reception? he asks somewhat confusedly, but then he remembers what they're shipping. 'Course I suppose most smuggler don't come smugglin' drinkin' water...
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack
    Alpha Panda's Bridge

Having been drawn from his cabin by the ruckus over the gathered crowds, Jack watches the scene unfold with a slight frown. He's silent for a few long moments before he answers Greg's question.

"Smugglers don't usually get treated this way, no," he hesitates. "Rescuers, on the other hand..."

One-handed, Jack reaches to open up the local news on the Cortex. It's time to find out what's going on.

Forever Free Hallelujah Fields, Eight Years Ago

There's no soft entry here; the drop ships and medivac transports come screaming down through the sky. Below them, the lines of battle can be seen, marked by the flash of artillery fire and the blaze of tracer fire.

Not that it can really be called a 'battle' any more - 'rout' is a better term. The Alliance are pressing the Independents hard, and the lines are beginning to collapse. With Purplebelly air superiority, there've been no reinforcements or supplies coming in for the Brown Coats. Until now.

There's no warmer welcome than that of starving man to his food-bearing friend.
    Amazing Banshee avatar by Strawberries. Many, many thanks.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

Morgan
    Aboard the Alpha Panda

Morgan looks out at the crowd below, and runs a hand through his cropped hair. He strides quickly down the hall to his bunk, suiting up in some gear in case things aren't what they appear. Never hurts to be prepared in a situation like this.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Adrian Starr
    Alpha Panda's Bridge

Having gone up to the bridge after the encounter with the Alliance, Adrian remained there for the landing, and when Jack speaks he replies:
    "I do hate to be the one to devastate the party atmosphere, nevertheless I have to draw attention to the thought that not everyone need to view our actions in the same light, so one should still take the same precautions as if there were known hostile elements present. After all, someone are making a profit on the Alliance enacted embargo, and you are probably not without competitors"
    check out my metal band: http://www.facebook.com/Dreamslain

Wash: "Sweetie, we're crooks. If everything were right, we'd be in jail."

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Sia
    Bridge, several minutes ago.

Sia walked onto the bridge, leaning against one of the consoles.

"Hey, Jack. I told Cole we put him a dress and you took pictures. Feel free to run with it if you want."

She chuckles as she thinks of Cole getting ready.

"On second thought, its gone far enough. Still funny though."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack
    Alpha Panda's Bridge

"Let's see what we have..." he stops and blinks at Sia's words. "By 'run with it' you mean 'run away from Cole', right?" he says, breaking into a broad grin before looking back down at the cortex link.

"Well, well," Jack's eyebrows shoot up as he reads the bulletin. "Looks like these folks are expecting - or have had - a visit from a Member of Parliament, one J.W. McLarren. I wonder..."

He settles back in his seat, and folds his arm. Rogue takes the opportunity to slip around Sia's ankles and onto the bridge, where she proceeds to make a nuisance of herself until someone gives her attention.

"Hey, Lei, did the Port Authority have anything interesting to say as we came down? Anything that might make you suspect a case of mistaken identity...?" Jack prompts, glancing out the window at the cheering crowd once again.

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

Greg
    Alpha Panda Bridge

At the mention of that, the negotiator's eyes widen for a moment. A member of Parliament? On a backwater like this? Are you certain there's no mistake? asks Greg, though his voice sounds... odd for a moment. I mean, uh... they're usually all stuck-up types, ain't they? Why'd they bother with a place like this'un? he quickly adds, scratching the back of his neck sheepishly.
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

8. - Top - End - #518
    Troll in the Playground

Lei

"Well, they did seem a bit unusually excited to see us. Said something about a speech too. I just thought they were glad to see us. I'm not sure how dirt-dweller farmers are supposed to act."
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack
    Alpha Panda's Bridge

"See for yourself," Jack says with a shrug, standing and walking over to the view plate to let the others read the news. "Looks like we have quite the situation here. That lot are going to make it pretty damn hard to unload our, ahem, completely legal cargo. Plus the Em Oh Pee will be here soon wanting to know why we're in their spot - assuming they don't just blast us as a safety precaution. I reckon we'll have to hail them, explain it's a mistake, hope they don't want authorisation we don't have, and dust off pretty sharpish for the next pad over.

What do you think?"
    he adds, scanning the sky for any sign of approaching ships - McLarren must be due at any moment for the crowd to be out like this.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

Greg
    Alpha Panda Bridge

A smile graces Greg's face and his eyes get a mischievous look. We need t'offload our cargo, right Cap'n? These folks can't be all that bright, if they're genuinely thinkin' an M.O.P. would arrive in somethin' like our Panda. How long a distraction you figure you'd need t'offload the cargo? I think I could probably pull off bein' McLarren's handler or assistant t'stall fer a little bit. The man seems to be running through scenarios in his head as he speaks, and he pulls up some feeds on his monitor to get an idea of the lay of Frisco Town.
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #521
    Bugbear in the Playground

Amiri
    Alpha Panda Cargo hold

The results of earlier hard work was paying off, and the ice had survived rentry intact, or so Amiri's sensors were indicating. As the landing cycle completed and the ship adjusted to being dirtside, Amiri made his way swiftly back to the cargo bay finished some quick calculations and took further readings, before grabbing what looked like an octopus of wire and fanblades, and with startling speed reclipping it into an exposed section of tubing.

Quickly done, he turns to the nearest Com Point. Flicking it to what he's pretty sure is the bridge.

"Cap'n we got facilities to dump this load, or are we expecting a tanker to suction it? We ain't got more'n 6 hours for definite, 8, maybe 10 before we want to vent some of it, and that'll attract attention. The Ice'll still mostly be solid for the next few days at least I reckon.
    Necromunda Total War:IC
    Necromunda Total War:OC

Spoiler
    Show
    Brair Freeman of Tariola, 4 levels of Ranger.
    Amiri Pakeha Khan, M.Eng Ship's mechanic.

And I'll dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance to Tom Payne's bones,
    Dance in the oldest boots I own,
    to the rhythm of Tom Payne's bones.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack
    Alpha Panda's Bridge

At Greg's suggestion, Jack blanches.

"Would anyone like to explain why impersonating a Member of Parliament is a terrible idea? Especially one that is due in at any moment? ...when our ship's ID is logged with the Alliance patrol boats in orbit above us? I- Wait, what?" Jack is interrupted by Amiri's call.

"Ugh. Right," he rubs his eyes. "Lei, see if you can't find our buyer - anyone who ain't doing anything can start looking up McLarren for me. Find out who he is and when he'll be here - I figure it's got to pretty soon, though, given the welcoming committee,"

Jack glances sidelong at the increasingly restive crowd outside - who are no doubt wondering why no-one has left the ship yet. This... could get ugly, and fast.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

Greg
    Alpha Panda Bridge

Oh, I wasn't thinkin' of impersonatin' him... just, maybe, pretendin' we was here t'make sure things was shiny on the ground 'fore he lands, y'know? But I see yer point, it'd be too easy fer the blockade ships t'put two an' two t'gether. I'll start in on the Cortex then, Cap, he replies, somewhat disappointed but understanding why his idea was a poor one.

Spoiler
    Show
    What sort of check is required to, essentially, Google someone?
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

Lei
    Bridge of Alpha Panda

"Can do! Ummm, you have anything more for me to go on with the looking? Might go a bit better that way."

She starts in with what limited information she has.
    Int (1d10)[4] + TechEng (CompTech) (1d8)[2]

Discord Tag #4097

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack
    Alpha Panda's Bridge

Jack gives a careless shrug.

"Balley Sackett. You know as much as I do beyond that. I was sort of hoping we'd get a Wave as we came in, but then I would have expected a bit of warning about the Emm Oh Pee's visit, too. Next time we're on Persephone remind me that we need to take Badger out for a spin around the world strapped to our hull, okay?"

16. - Top - End - #526
    Firbolg in the Playground

Cole
    Alpha Panda's Bridge

"I hope you mean with a suit on, Cap'n. 'Course... I'd have to knick a might tiny hole in it first."

The soldier limped into the room, the color still somewhat drained from his complexion. He made his way over to an empty seat and lowered himself into it. Cole reclined his head and shut his eyes, and then rubbed his temples.

"Why ain't we leaving the ship for some sunshine and fresh air? We're on the dirt, ain't we?"
    "There's a beast in every man, and it stirs when you put a sword in his hand."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont
    "I fight... so that you don't have to."
    - Templar Thomas Marshall
    "I am not a warrior." "Very soon... you will be."
    - Conversation between Ahmad ibn Fadlan and Herger the Joyous

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack
    Alpha Panda's Bridge

As Cole enters, Jack turns and runs an appraising eye over him noting the pale complexion and the limp.

"We are on the dirt," Jack confirms, turning back to the viewplate. "But the resident clod-hoppers seem to think we're carrying a Member of Parliament. No-one's going outside 'til we decide how to deal with this - we could play the situation, but it's just too damn risky. Lei's trying to raise our contact so's we can find out just what in the hell's going on here, and Greg's hunting up some intel on this guy. J.W. McLarren, ever heard of him?"

Jack glances back at Cole and grins.

"Oh, I wasn't planning on taking him out of the world - just a little trip and a talk about all the things that can happen when he sets us on a job like this. Such as someone cutting the cables holding him on," he puts his head on one side, as a concerned frown crosses his face. "How are you holding up, anyway? The Doc's amazing, but the stuff she gave you can't be good for the body,"

18. - Top - End - #528

Cole
    Alpha Panda's Bridge

Cole shook his head at the mention of the man. He had never heard of any "J.W. McLarren", not to his recollection anyhow.

"I seen worse, Jack. Should be right as rain after a bit."
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

19. - Top - End - #529

Port Frisco (Frisco Town Landing Field)
    Through the windows, anyone paying attention can see the crowd glance away from their gathering around Alpha Panda. As it clears the shadows of the mountains, Alpha Panda's sensors also pick up what's drawn the crowds attention.

A ship approaches, turning from a noise and a dot on the horizon to beginning it's landing approach in a gnats minim, it's sleek silver gleam of chrome steel and solar sheeting, an old fashioned blue gleam from the engines but this was no battered junker, but a lovingly maintained vintage craft, maintaining taste and speed over it's long life of service. Exactly the sort of ship you'd expect a Member of the Parliament to arrive in, when visiting his home constituency.

Alpha Panda's Bridge
    The Com Link Buzzed.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

Sia
    Bridge

When Cole walks in, Sia moves over, checking his pulse and other vitals, then starts giving him a rub along his back, hoping it helps. As the com starts buzzing, Sia pauses her backrub.

"Any takers as says that's the MoP tellin' us to shove over?"

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

Greg
    Alpha Panda Bridge

Greg looks up from his screen a few moments later. Uh... Cap'n? I think I know this guy. We crossed paths 'board a Firefly-class transport called Godfather durin' the war. John Woburn McLarren. Owns a mine, used the cash to fund a successful campaign for the Parliament, runnin' as the Independent's man. Near as I remember, he was captured in action right after we dropped 'im off, an' spent most a the war an Alliance prisoner. I think he'd remember me, if we met, but I also think we might be wantin' t'skip outta his parkin' spot, reports Greg, as his search finally yields results on the slow Rim connection.
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #532
    Troll in the Playground

Lei

"船长, I've found a bit on this Balley Sackett. He's got an eningeering shop in town. Its up at the corner of the two main streets. She sends a map up on to the main screen, with the shop's location highlighted. The other side of the main screen displays a public profile of MP McLarren.

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

The shop is number 15

Discord Tag #4097

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack
    Alpha Panda's Bridge

Jack swears, darts forward and grabs the handset and hits the equivalent of the recall button, making frantic 'take off now' motions at Lei.

"Frisco Port Authority? This is Captain Oregon of the Mantis-class transport Alpha Panda, seems there's been a bit of a mix up down here and we've got your VIPs landing site. We'll take off and circle the town a few until you've got the situation under control," he hangs up and nods for Lei to answer the com link.

"Right. Why might we want to be out of his way, Greg? Aside from the fact that he's a Member of Parliament - which is a pretty damn good reason in and of itself," without waiting for an answer, he turns on his heel to face Morgan and Cole. "You two, prep for a run when we touch down. You're hunting our buyer, Lei has the map reference - if we need to out fast, then we'll come to you. Sia, you're staying here - if there's any fire flying, I want you safe to patch the rest of us up. Greg, as you know the guy you're our ambassador, got it?"

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

Greg
    Alpha Panda

The tactician nods. Got it, Cap... As fer gettin' outta his spot, it's just 'cause I can't talk t'him 'till he lands, and he can't land 'till we move. He's a nice fellow though, near as I remember. Probably wasn't overfond a' bein' forced t'sit out most a the war.
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #535

Port Frisco

The Silvered ship sets down across from Alpha Panda, on three gleaming stairs, and a cloud of vapour. The downdraft knocks off a few peoples hats, but they begin to cheer as they turn away from the Alpha Panda. The Landing field has enough space, but they must now take the long walk to the podium.

Alpha Panda's Bridge
    "This is J.W speakin' The initals are pronounced as one word, Jaydoubl'yuh, as if there can only be one J.W. "I just want to extend my thanks to y'all drawing off them Alliance patrol boats and opening a window. And to ask y'all's names, I don't like owing favours to people I don't know."

The roar of the Crowd is now audible inside. And from the Com, muted but audible obviously from an advanced microphone

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

Greg
    Alpha Panda Bridge

Once he gets a nod from the Captain, Greg picks up the mic. Howdy Jaydouble'yuh, this is Gregoire Reaufort, ship's ambassador fer the Alpha Panda. My Captain's asked I talk t'y'all on his behalf, since if memory serves we met durin' the war. Firefly-class transport, called the Godfather? Not surprised if y'all wouldn't remember me, I'm easy t'ferget. Y'know, one a them faces... replies Greg as he picks up the communicator, obviously a little surprised that the M.O.P. is thanking them for distracting the blockade.
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #537
    Troll in the Playground

Lei

"Still want me to take off?" She has the ship primed, but not in liftoff procedure. She then answers the buzzing comm.

Discord Tag #4097

28. - Top - End - #538

Cole

"Aye, Cap'n.", the soldier returned as he touched Sia's hands in thank you, before he stood. Cole then straightened his back for a moment, filling the bridge with multiple cracking sounds. He then hurriedly walked to his quarters to begin suiting up for the trip into town.
    - Ser Jorah Mormont

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ogre in the Playground

Morgan
    Alpha Panda Bridge

Morgan, recently returned from his own quarters, nods to the captain and turns on his heel, jogging towards the disembarking ramp. He's wrapped in a dusty brown long-coat that masks his ballistic mesh vest, but does little to hide the pistol holsters on his waist and legs, and does even less in hiding the rifle slung over his shoulder.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

30. - Top - End - #540

Alpha Panda Bridge

"I surely do…" As a politician, J.W. made his rise to power on the votes of the little man, the voters the alliance forgot they had created. He was famous for never forgetting a name, or failing to recognise and remember the people he met on his way, lest he lose the votes of the common touch.

"…anyone from the Godfather, knows I'm a man who remembers favours. I appreciate this'un, and you remember me kindly to any old ship mates you see, tell 'em to call on me on the line I gave."

Polite applause could be heard, both externally and over the line.

"I won't detain you gentlemen, and I beg you to excuse me."

The Com clicked off.

Outside, the Crowd Roared, the Band Struck up, obviously, the main attraction had just taken the stage.

Spoiler
    Show