New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Trog's Tavern CCXLIV

"Unfortunately if you don't know where you're going, the Nexus can be very hard to get out of, since basically everything everywhere is connected to it. And it's all rather randomly jumbled together and confusing." Ithuriel takes a sip of her wine, pausing for a moment to savour the taste. "But because there's bits of everything here, there is always plenty to do."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post

Sticks leaves Jacen and Ithuriel to talk for now. He replies only to the angel, and briefly at that, saying, "So it would seem." With that, the tall man returns his attention to Deveric. Upon the initial request, his expression may have been apprehensive, but it's all business now. There's an uncharacteristic gleam in his eye as he says, "I'd be happy to update your arm, sir. Though it will be quite an undertaking, for a humble tinkerer like myself."

At that, the grizzled old stranger interjects, gesturing crudely at Sticks' spindly limb. The tall man smiles his best smile and jumps right back into that polite talk of his. "Copper wire and gypsy magic, mostly." He flexes one set of needle-thin fingers. "Is there something I can do for you?"
    "There is indeed. I've been using the same arm since my last one was removed about 46 years ago. Of course, with that much time comes degradation. The metal's rusting and the gears are slowing, making my arm difficult to maneuver efficiently."

Deveric twists his arm back and forth to demonstrate.

"Unfortunately the type of metal I need isn't easy to come across and the alchemy to enchant it is even less so. I'm in need of reinforced arcane-titanium enchanted with chronomancy, hence the clocks built into it. I can enchant however as long as you provide me with a functional arm made from the metal I requested."

Deveric briefly looks at the newcomers to quickly judge them as dangerous or not. He didn't like that noisy old man, but otherwise everything seemed fine for now.

"I can pay of course. However, it might have to wait until I have come back from a certain place with my feline friend over there. If this bothers you I can pay you triple the cost if you'd like. I always keep my word."
    Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself. - Bernard Shaw

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - Bernard Shaw

Nexus FFRP Characters

My excellent avatars were created by Kymme and Herpestidae

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    "Unfortunately if you don't know where you're going, the Nexus can be very hard to get out of, since basically everything everywhere is connected to it. And it's all rather randomly jumbled together and confusing." Ithuriel takes a sip of her wine, pausing for a moment to savour the taste. "But because there's bits of everything here, there is always plenty to do."
    Well, I suppose that might be a problem eventually, but for now it's no big deal. Why worry about how to leave when we just got here?
    Zebes looks up from his spot by the plate
    I second that "why." After all, the food's better here than anything you ever make.
    Well, I certainly can't argue with that logic,he says, taking a bite...
    Although admittedly, it may be time soon to start worrying about where we'll be staying, Zebes. Because if the answer ends up being "under a tree" one more time I might have to start researching how to make demiplanes. Specifically ones made of beds.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #274

"I've... delved. A little. Mostly in time at the university," Sticks explains to the crotchety soldier, finding him rather pleasant. He smiles, nostalgic. "Good fun, I suppose. Now if you're asking about a new leg, I'll be happy to close shop for a day or two so that I might accomodate both of you gentlemen."

Deveric gets the pearl smile next. "You'll have to pay me for the metal as well, but I think that's very doable. A bit of extra gold wouldn't harm me, either." Sticks smiles. "We can meet back here, in a day or so, after you've concluded your business with the... cat." Finally, the tall man's scrutiny falls on Reinholdt. Say, wasn't that the Russian Blue he brought back to life not long ago?
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt was dead, but Sticks failed to revive him in three ways due to Reinholdt becoming a vampire.

Of course, he was going to take Ermine's soul in exchange and force Rein to become undead anyways, so he's not terribly upset it didn't work. And he'd seriously question the validity of Stick's morality check.

Reinholdt just drinks rum though, oblivious to most of the above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Pixie in the Playground

"I've... delved. A little. Mostly in time at the university," Sticks explains to the crotchety soldier, finding him rather pleasant. He smiles, nostalgic. "Good fun, I suppose. Now if you're asking about a new leg, I'll be happy to close shop for a day or two so that I might accomodate both of you gentlemen."

Deveric gets the pearl smile next. "You'll have to pay me for the metal as well, but I think that's very doable. A bit of extra gold wouldn't harm me, either." Sticks smiles. "We can meet back here, in a day or so, after you've concluded your business with the... cat." Finally, the tall man's scrutiny falls on Reinholdt. Say, wasn't that the Russian Blue he brought back to life not long ago?
    "Outstanding."

Deveric gives an amicable nod at Sticks and places the gauntlet back over his arm.

"Have a fine day, sir."

With business concluded Deveric will turn his attention to Reinholdt once more.

"My apologies about that, but it was business that needed to be attended to. I'm ready to depart when you've finished your drink. Speaking of which, do try to refrain from becoming drunk; i'm not going to carry you where we're going."

People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it. - Bernard Shaw

Nexus FFRP Characters

7. - Top - End - #277

"If you have limited amounts of money, you probably shouldn't be spending it all on food from Trog's." Ithuriel doesn't have much in the way of money herself, stopping by at Trog's isn't something she does regularly any more. "If you mean you just don't know where you can find somewhere to sleep, Trog's has rooms available."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Reinholdt sees that, for the time being his conversation partner is interested in this merchant. Well until the hunting party gets going, that's no biggie.

In the meantime, the cat waves to the newcomer. And buys a drink to send, compliments of the kitty.
    The newcomer takes off her hat and returns Reinholdt's wave. He may notice she has long, pointy ears and feline pupils in her violet eyes. She gratefully sips her drink and looks around the tavern, slowly taking in all the different people. Perhaps she's dreaming.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Could be a dream. She just accepted a drink from a cat.

A talking cat, seeing as how its replying to the other fellow. "I weigh, what? Two, three pounds? Man you're a wimp."

"Do you have to get the gear for this hunt and bring it here or are we going to go get it from somewhere on the way?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Pixie in the Playground

Could be a dream. She just accepted a drink from a cat.

A talking cat, seeing as how its replying to the other fellow. "I weigh, what? Two, three pounds? Man you're a wimp."

"Do you have to get the gear for this hunt and bring it here or are we going to go get it from somewhere on the way?"
    Deveric ignores the insult and shrugs.

"I can't help that I'm allergic to cats and their antics. As for the gear, well it shouldn't be too difficult to get one. If you're feeling like a lazy drunk I could go find one myself."

Nexus FFRP Characters

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Bounty Hunter actually. Ex-HALOite, bounty hunter, treasure-seeker, creeper. He smiles, and takes a gulp from his hip-flask. Aha! Delved! I explore ship-wrecks....was a bounty0hunter once...er...vigilante. Fun how things just get away from you. This leg? Nah...well...perhaps a little work. Actually, I be huntin' fer a group. Top explore the lost ruins of an ancient pirate ship that sunk west of here...Ever heard 'o' the legend 'o' "Th' Crone's Claw"?

12. - Top - End - #282

Spoiler
    Show
    > Attempt to imbibe the entire booze supply

> sit on barstool that is bloodstained.

> Bleat like an elephant and burp in tough guy's face.

> tell Cosmo he needs to cheerio up

> Musical number entrance

> Accidentally bump into someone and light them on fire with beard

Tap-dancing into the tavern on a pair of brand new, gorgeous tooled leather boots, an extremely odd patron of this fine establishment has come to make a name for himself. And what should that name be?

Spoiler
    Show
    > Gordelion Smitherson IIIXX

> Viscount (First name) Discount?

> Sandy?

> Crowdsource

Viscount Sandy Gordelion Discount-Crowdsource, apparently. A very fine and noble name for a dwarf I'm sure. And it does appear to be a dwarf, at least for the most part. Chest bare and hairless with good reason, the dwarf's most notable natural features are his finely tanned skin and long hooked pointed nose which hangs nearly over his mouth. That's not to say those are his most notable features period however, as certain augmentations take that honor. His right arm is a mass of glowing orange tubes and plated black cast metal, and his beard is undoubtedly the most eye catching part of him, as it seems to be made of pure molten stone, hanging down to his waist and yet not burning his skin at all. His hair is likewise a series of tubes, hanging down from his back and curling around under his arms to hook up to the end of his magma-laden beard, obviously channeling the immense heat to power his mechanical prosthetic. Between his corded hair and flowing stone beard, not much of his face can be seen beyond his protruding nose and a pair of squinty, coal black eyes.

On each hand there are a number of golden rings, three on the left and four on the right which are built into the knuckles of his black fingers. The top of each ring is a flat square plate with a rune pressed into it that is made up of a series of precious jewels, diamonds for the left and rubies for the right.

Finishing his impromptu dance session, Sandy stumbles up to the bar, suddenly much less steady on his feet than his earlier grace would have hinted. Trumpeting an awfully pachydermean burp at the bounty hunter as he stumbles by, Sandy trips over his own bootlaces and stumbles, his beard dipping low and possibly brushing up against the fur of that odd talking cat. Righting himself, he plops down on a stool with fairly suspicious stains and scatters a handful of cereal rings across the bar to Cosmo.

"Gimme all the booze. All of it. In like a big mug or something. Gotta get started."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    > Attempt to imbibe the entire booze supply

> sit on barstool that is bloodstained.

> Bleat like an elephant and burp in tough guy's face.

> tell Cosmo he needs to cheerio up

> Musical number entrance

> Accidentally bump into someone and light them on fire with beard

Tap-dancing into the tavern on a pair of brand new, gorgeous tooled leather boots, an extremely odd patron of this fine establishment has come to make a name for himself. And what should that name be?

Spoiler
    Show
    > Gordelion Smitherson IIIXX

> Viscount (First name) Discount?

> Sandy?

> Crowdsource

Viscount Sandy Gordelion Discount-Crowdsource, apparently. A very fine and noble name for a dwarf I'm sure. And it does appear to be a dwarf, at least for the most part. Chest bare and hairless with good reason, the dwarf's most notable natural features are his finely tanned skin and long hooked pointed nose which hangs nearly over his mouth. That's not to say those are his most notable features period however, as certain augmentations take that honor. His right arm is a mass of glowing orange tubes and plated black cast metal, and his beard is undoubtedly the most eye catching part of him, as it seems to be made of pure molten stone, hanging down to his waist and yet not burning his skin at all. His hair is likewise a series of tubes, hanging down from his back and curling around under his arms to hook up to the end of his magma-laden beard, obviously channeling the immense heat to power his mechanical prosthetic. Between his corded hair and flowing stone beard, not much of his face can be seen beyond his protruding nose and a pair of squinty, coal black eyes.

On each hand there are a number of golden rings, three on the left and four on the right which are built into the knuckles of his black fingers. The top of each ring is a flat square plate with a rune pressed into it that is made up of a series of precious jewels, diamonds for the left and rubies for the right.

Finishing his impromptu dance session, Sandy stumbles up to the bar, suddenly much less steady on his feet than his earlier grace would have hinted. Trumpeting an awfully pachydermean burp at the bounty hunter as he stumbles by, Sandy trips over his own bootlaces and stumbles, his beard dipping low and possibly brushing up against the fur of that odd talking cat. Righting himself, he plops down on a stool with fairly suspicious stains and scatters a handful of cereal rings across the bar to Cosmo.

"Gimme all the booze. All of it. In like a big mug or something. Gotta get started."
    An Osprey suddenly flies into one of the tavern's windows.

"AGAIN?! DAMN IT!! Engineers and their cruel pranks! Always trying to screw with us birds."

Unless deaf, one could most likely hear additional cursing muttered.

"Yeah, now I definitely need some freaking alcohol."

The Osprey opens the door (somehow), and walks in. His previous expression of anger dissipates when he sees all of the drinks in the room. He scans the room, taking in all of the visitors. Unfortunately, no female companions for him. Although that miniature dragon on that hooded guy's shoulder looked fine to him. Hopefully it was a girl. The bird's eyes then fall onto the dwarf.

"A nest!" exclaims the osprey, giddy. He flies over on top of the dwarf's large, comfy head.

"Don't move so much would you? It's been a long day full of headache and I need some rest."
    Last edited by Time for Never; 2012-12-08 at 11:23 PM.

Nexus FFRP Characters

14. - Top - End - #284

Quote Originally Posted by Time for Never View Post
    An Osprey suddenly flies into one of the tavern's windows.

"AGAIN?! DAMN IT!! Engineers and their cruel pranks! Always trying to screw with us birds."

Unless deaf, one could most likely hear additional cursing muttered.

"Yeah, now I definitely need some freaking alcohol."

The Osprey opens the door (somehow), and walks in. His previous expression of anger dissipates when he sees all of the drinks in the room. He scans the room, taking in all of the visitors. Unfortunately, no female companions for him. Although that miniature dragon on that hooded guy's shoulder looked fine to him. Hopefully it was a girl. The bird's eyes then fall onto the dwarf.

"A nest!" exclaims the osprey, giddy. He flies over on top of the dwarf's large, comfy head.

"Don't move so much would you? It's been a long day full of headache and I need some rest."
    Spoiler
    Show
    > Offer it some salmon

> Glare at it and tell it that it must find a more suitable host

> Stay still.

> Faceplant on bar

> Lay an Egg

What? Lay an egg? Sandy is neither a reptile, fish, or bird, or any mythical creature based off anything that could possibly lay an egg. Why would you even think dwarves could lay-

*ding*

A pickled egg pops out of Sandy's mechanical shoulder in a small burst of brine as a little bell chimes, signifying that the egg has been in its pickling chamber for long enough to be properly soaked in vinegary goodness. It plops on the counter with a squelch, bouncing slightly before rolling to a stop against the dwarf's thumb.

Meanwhile, the rest of the dwarf's body remains still as the conflicting orders cause a minor schism to occur. His eyes roll up into his head as he tries to glare at the osprey with no success, and his words come out as a jumbled mix of grumbling threats and offerings of fish as he roots around in his pocket, coming up empty of any salmon. Why would he have salmon in his pants anyway?
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    > Offer it some salmon

> Glare at it and tell it that it must find a more suitable host

> Stay still.

> Faceplant on bar

> Lay an Egg

What? Lay an egg? Sandy is neither a reptile, fish, or bird, or any mythical creature based off anything that could possibly lay an egg. Why would you even think dwarves could lay-

*ding*

A pickled egg pops out of Sandy's mechanical shoulder in a small burst of brine as a little bell chimes, signifying that the egg has been in its pickling chamber for long enough to be properly soaked in vinegary goodness. It plops on the counter with a squelch, bouncing slightly before rolling to a stop against the dwarf's thumb.

Meanwhile, the rest of the dwarf's body remains still as the conflicting orders cause a minor schism to occur. His eyes roll up into his head as he tries to glare at the osprey with no success, and his words come out as a jumbled mix of grumbling threats and offerings of fish as he roots around in his pocket, coming up empty of any salmon. Why would he have salmon in his pants anyway?
    The bird had begun to nod off when the egg suddenly pops into existence, startling him. He then notices that the dwarf was trying to... communicate(?) with him. A disgusting looking egg laid at his hand. At least he wasn't moving around as much now.

"You look like somebody just showed you a picture of a nude, female dwarf. Stop overworking that olive-sized mind of yours, it looks like it's hurting you."

The bird tilted his head to one side in confusion.

"I'm serious, friend. Stop staring at me like that, it's starting to unsettle me. If you want me to move just say so." The osprey began to fall asleep again.

"Friggin' weirdo."
    Last edited by Time for Never; 2012-12-09 at 08:08 PM.

Nexus FFRP Characters

16. - Top - End - #286

((Ah, that's right. I can't quite remember how Sticks' encounter with Ermine went, but I remember it didn't work. Strike that last bit in my previous post.))

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Bounty Hunter actually. Ex-HALOite, bounty hunter, treasure-seeker, creeper. He smiles, and takes a gulp from his hip-flask. Aha! Delved! I explore ship-wrecks....was a bounty0hunter once...er...vigilante. Fun how things just get away from you. This leg? Nah...well...perhaps a little work. Actually, I be huntin' fer a group. Top explore the lost ruins of an ancient pirate ship that sunk west of here...Ever heard 'o' the legend 'o' "Th' Crone's Claw"?
    "I haven't, sir, but I'm sure it's interesting," Sticks says, turning his barstool to give the bounty hunter his full attention. A new prosthetic could be discussed later.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Deveric ignores the insult and shrugs.

"I can't help that I'm allergic to cats and their antics. As for the gear, well it shouldn't be too difficult to get one. If you're feeling like a lazy drunk I could go find one myself."
    Reinholdt narrows his eyes. "Hey now. Call me a drunk if you want. Call me a mean, surly bastard drunk if you want. But if there's one thing no one in the Nexus can accuse me of, it's being lazy." Reinholdt might be one of the most active people around.

Rein finishes up his drink and is all ready to go, when OHMYASTIRFREAKINGMAGMABEARD.

Reinholdt scurries backwards just to avoid getting heat murdalized by a beard and falls off the stool most indignantly as a result. Doesn't even land on his feet.

Stupid beard.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    "If you have limited amounts of money, you probably shouldn't be spending it all on food from Trog's." Ithuriel doesn't have much in the way of money herself, stopping by at Trog's isn't something she does regularly any more. "If you mean you just don't know where you can find somewhere to sleep, Trog's has rooms available."
    Oh, in that case, we should be fine. Not having to spend all your money on arms & armor before adventuring has its advantages.
    Praise Apsu. Every time you don't get a real bed you manage to keep me up, too
    That settles one thing at least. It means we might actually have the energy to do something tomorrow. Maybe we'll branch out, do something that doesn't involve getting lost and wandering aimlessly.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

19. - Top - End - #289
    Pixie in the Playground

Reinholdt narrows his eyes. "Hey now. Call me a drunk if you want. Call me a mean, surly bastard drunk if you want. But if there's one thing no one in the Nexus can accuse me of, it's being lazy." Reinholdt might be one of the most active people around.

Rein finishes up his drink and is all ready to go, when OHMYASTIRFREAKINGMAGMABEARD.

Reinholdt scurries backwards just to avoid getting heat murdalized by a beard and falls off the stool most indignantly as a result. Doesn't even land on his feet.

Stupid beard.
    "What sort of cat can't land on his feet?" Deveric asks, prodding in a humorous manner.

A dwarf with a beard of magma? Well that wasn't something you see every day, especially one that tap dances. This was place was getting too strange for Deveric's taste.

"Let's get out of here before you get yourself caught on fire."

Deveric observes Reinholdt curiously. Hopefully Reinholdt was going to be an asset. Surely getting in and out quickly and unnoticed would be helpful.

"I plan on getting a mask from my homeworld, unless you know of one that we can get one from the mall here."

Nexus FFRP Characters

20. - Top - End - #290

The elf stares at the burning beard, still unconvinced she's not dreaming. The alcohol tastes real, though. She just silently watches for now.

21. - Top - End - #291

Spoiler
    Show
    > Disparage the ospray by comparing its parents to sparrows

> Grab cat by tail, swing at elf.

> Develop severe osprey phobia and flail like a madman

> Faceplant on bar

>Grab a pidgeon and eat it whole

It seems like something in the chain of the osprey's insults has set off its nest's raving lunatic trigger as Sandy begins thrashing and flailing about with both hands, his fists clenching and unclenching rapidly and his left hand reaching for the tail of a rather unfortunately targetable cat, who might be quickly hurled at a nearby elf that the dwarf happened to catch looking at his magnificent beard.

Sandy's flailing session comes to a close as he bellows out, "Your mother was a bloody sparrow!" before taking a diving leap into the bar. It's a shame there were no actual pigeons in sight to masticate, but Sandy is probably thankful that he doesn't have to pick feathers out of his teeth again.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

"What sort of cat can't land on his feet?" Deveric asks, prodding in a humorous manner.

A dwarf with a beard of magma? Well that wasn't something you see every day, especially one that tap dances. This was place was getting too strange for Deveric's taste.

"Let's get out of here before you get yourself caught on fire."

Deveric observes Reinholdt curiously. Hopefully Reinholdt was going to be an asset. Surely getting in and out quickly and unnoticed would be helpful.

"I plan on getting a mask from my homeworld, unless you know of one that we can get one from the mall here."
    One that was just drinking and didn't have much fall time, that's who.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    The elf stares at the burning beard, still unconvinced she's not dreaming. The alcohol tastes real, though. She just silently watches for now.
    Or so Reinholdt would say if he didn't just get thrown at dreaming elf. At least Reinholdt has the courtesy to turn pink and become hover cat, stopping in front of the elf's face. He tries to play it off as if it was all intentional too.

"Hi. Just really wanted to see you up close before I left. Here's my number. Call me." Reinholdt says, pulling a card out from nowhere and offering it to her. If she doesn't take it, he'll just drop it on the table.

Before zipping for the exit, pink hover style. "Your homeworld sounds great right about now, let's go please, kthxbai?" Reinholdt shouts back at his companion, more concerned about leaving the bar before getting attacked again than Deveric's reply.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #293
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    > Disparage the ospray by comparing its parents to sparrows

> Grab cat by tail, swing at elf.

> Develop severe osprey phobia and flail like a madman

> Faceplant on bar

>Grab a pidgeon and eat it whole

It seems like something in the chain of the osprey's insults has set off its nest's raving lunatic trigger as Sandy begins thrashing and flailing about with both hands, his fists clenching and unclenching rapidly and his left hand reaching for the tail of a rather unfortunately targetable cat, who might be quickly hurled at a nearby elf that the dwarf happened to catch looking at his magnificent beard.

Sandy's flailing session comes to a close as he bellows out, "Your mother was a bloody sparrow!" before taking a diving leap into the bar. It's a shame there were no actual pigeons in sight to masticate, but Sandy is probably thankful that he doesn't have to pick feathers out of his teeth again.

The Osprey flies off the dwarf's head when he starts flailing wildly about. He heads off to the safety of the tavern rafters. Weren't Dwarves supposed to be able to take a few insults? He had always thought they were thick-skinned.

"Well sorry friend, I didn't realize you were so touchy. And insane. Definitely insane."

and his left hand reaching for the tail of a rather unfortunately targetable cat, who might be quickly hurled at a nearby elf...
    "Haha! I like your sense of humor, Dwarf. Good show. Teach those cats who are boss. ISN'T THAT RIGHT YOU STUPID FELINE?!"

The Osprey definitely did not like cats. Always trying to kill birds as some sort of tribute to their human masters. He deserved it.
    "Your mother was a bloody sparrow!"
    "Ain't that the damn truth. I swear my father got around to more avian sweethearts than a perverted bird-handler. I miss the old man."

One that was just drinking and didn't have much fall time, that's who.

Or so Reinholdt would say if he didn't just get thrown at dreaming elf. At least Reinholdt has the courtesy to turn pink and become hover cat, stopping in front of the elf's face. He tries to play it off as if it was all intentional too.

"Hi. Just really wanted to see you up close before I left. Here's my number. Call me." Reinholdt says, pulling a card out from nowhere and offering it to her. If she doesn't take it, he'll just drop it on the table.

Before zipping for the exit, pink hover style. "Your homeworld sounds great right about now, let's go please, kthxbai?" Reinholdt shouts back at his companion, more concerned about leaving the bar before getting attacked again than Deveric's reply.
    "I agree wholeheartedly. Just step outside and I can us out of here."
    Last edited by Time for Never; 2012-12-09 at 10:16 PM.

Nexus FFRP Characters

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Stepping into Trog's Tavern, his nose was immediately attacked by the smell of different beverages spilled over each other.
    Not exactly my kind of place, Forgan thought to himself as he passed a half - orc.
    He looked around to see if there were any seats available for him. He may be a half - giant, but he is just slightly taller than the average human.
    "Now, where can I sit?" Forgan sighed to himself, looking around, hoping he could find some friendly faces instead of a fight.............

25. - Top - End - #295

Wait?

What's this?

Someone who hasn't ever been to Trog's before?

Do you know what this calls for!?

"Welcome to Trog's Tavern!" Zee the completely normal human barmaid (you suspect nothing!) proclaims as she quite literally pops out of the backpack of a nearby patron in a conflagration of confetti. A loud *ffZZZOOOOOOO!* noise follows.

Suffice to say the fellow she popped out of the pack of is suitably confused.

Zee grins at the newcomer with a wide, silly smile.

"Since this is your first visit your first order is free! Isn't that GREAT?!"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

((Ah, that's right. I can't quite remember how Sticks' encounter with Ermine went, but I remember it didn't work. Strike that last bit in my previous post.))

"I haven't, sir, but I'm sure it's interesting," Sticks says, turning his barstool to give the bounty hunter his full attention. A new prosthetic could be discussed later.
    Clegg turns to face Sticks and nods slowly. Well, me friend. Ten years ago, a pirate by the name of Quent raided the lands around the Nexus. He traveled through time, and space...robbing people across the ages! Pillaging, sinking other ships, collecting gold and treasure from every age! They say, that on his ship...Th' Crone's Claw, stored below deck is so much treasure, it would be enough to make ten men's bloodline's rich for eternity! Legend says, he visits the Nexus last....just West of Outside, by the sea, and by Shimmerfist Rock, the massive ship went down...No one knows why, there was nothing but some wreckage floating around...and a barrel...full of gold! I was one of the original people to find flotsam floating about. See? He then pulls a sack of gold out of his coat. He plops it on the table, and takes out a shimmering gold coin, ancient gold. I want t' go find i' again. And delve into the shipwreck!

27. - Top - End - #297

The elf ducks under the table and watches the pink cat float away. Yup, definitely in dreamspace. She stands back up with a long revolver in hand and tries to determine if the dwarf seriously intends to do harm upon her or, as she suspects, is merely drunk.

28. - Top - End - #298

Well, looks like Jace and Zebes will be alright for now then.

That's good.

Ithuriel takes another sip of her drink, "Any idea what you'll want to do? Perhaps I can point you in the right direction, save you some time."

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

"Uh..... Thanks, I guess...." Forgan replied.
    It seemed a little odd that this barmaid would pop out of this person's backpack. Either she was a really weird human, or something not human.
    But it is not his business, so Forgan just shook off the thought.
    "Can I have a Funky Llama and Bamhacon please?" Forgan asked the odd barmaid as he continues to look for a good place to sit.
    But he couldn't help but to notice an elf with a long revolver.
    He saw that there was a spare seat at the elf's table, so he started to walk towards the table, cautious of the armed elf........

30. - Top - End - #300

"Okee dookie! I'm Zee by the by, if you need anything else just holler for my help," Zee offers as she clunks the fellow's order down as his intended seat.

How did she get the food already?

Did she know what he was going to pick before he asked for it?

Uugh...

Probably best not to think about it too hard. Just smile and nod.

With that done the odd barmaid gleeful bounces back behind the bar, humming to herself a tune no doubt made up as she goes. At least she's friendly, right?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.