New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1406
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: [4E] Grandpre Academy, Group 2, Part 3 (IC)

Ashe

Ashe begins checking the gear left lying about in the hopes that something may have been missed before checking the walls for hidden passages and finally checking the forge's chimney as a possible exit from the chamber.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+17)[24]

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    Ashe start to go room by room, going around the corpses to find interesting loot, then around the walls to look for possible hidden passages. The corpse have been looted, but still two magic items have been overlooked and some ritual book hidden into one of the dead dwarven corpse clothing. Getting that armor would require some digging, but nothing very hard. After about 30 minutes, Ashe have gone around the whole rooms and corridors and did not find any secret passages.

He also look the chimney shaft. It goes beyong his torch light and is saddly too small to use as an exit.

Spoiler
    Show
    Here is what Ashe find. (armor not included... sicne it need to be dug out)
    Gauntlets of the Ram
    Spoiler
    Show
    These armored gloves bear the symbol of a ram's head.
    Hands Slot 3,400 gp
    PropertyAdd 1 square to the distance of any push effect you create.

Gleaming Diamond Bracers
    Spoiler
    Show
    These clear crystal bracers blaze with light as you shrug off your foe’s attack.
    Lvl 9 4,200 gp
    Arms Slot

PropertyThese bracers cast bright light in a 5-square radius. You can extinguish the light or restore it as a minor action.

Utility Power Daily (Immediate Reaction)Trigger: An attack deals a particular type of damage to you.
    Effect: You gain resist 5 to that damage type until the end of the encounter.

RItual book :
    Spoiler
    Show
    Make Whole
    Hold portal
    Alarm
    Compreend language
    Fluid funds
    Shatter
    Knock
    Ironwood
    EArth Ramparts
    Excavation
    Clear the path
    Stone Shape
    Shadow Bridge

Bolerum and Antione have half an hour to kill if they have something to do...

What's next?

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Troll in the Playground

Bolerum

For lack of a better idea, the paladin exhumes the dead armored dwarf.

Spoiler
    Show
    Here's hoping it doesn't take offense and attack us.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    Bolerum take 10 minutes to dig out the interesting chainmail. Then he take time to identify it, while Ashe search the rooms.

Spoiler
    Show
    Summoned Armor + 3
    Spoiler
    Show
    One need never worry about being caught unarmored while possessing this extraordinary armor.
    Lvl 11 +3 9,000 gp

Armor: Any
    Enhancement Bonus: AC
    Power (Minor Action)You banish this armor to a secure extradimensional location. At any point in the future, unless you are wearing armor, you can use another minor action to recall the armor. The armor appears on you as though you had donned it normally.

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Titan in the Playground

Antoine
    The witch looks down at the circle in the floor, analyzing it. "Someun used a teleportation circle to port out of here - maybe they was trapped like us. I'm not powerful enough to pull somethin' like that off... some High Seer of the Green Caravan I am..." he says with some disappointment. He looks over at Jorge. "All the spells of all the previous High Seers are in that noggin' of yours, but I can't use em' until I'm strong enough to control it, I guess. Have we got a spell to get us out of here?" he asks the Sitak, mostly rhetorically. Any response from the familiar is broadcast into his mind, and he keeps the eyecontact with the bird for a moment before turning back to Bolerum and Ashe, who are busy searching the room and digging up treasure.

"I could send Rikard, Ung or Tikka a sending, and see what's up with them. Would that help us get our bearings any?"
    My Homebrew
    Currently DMing: Heroes on a Sea of Swords - IC - OOC - OOC II - OOC III
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Troll in the Playground

Bolerum

"Find out if they're in immediate danger. Have them find a map,"
    the paladin struggles to think for a moment, then adds, "We can try pouring water from the decanter onto the rubble from the deadfalls. Have them look for it on their side. We can then dig toward each other, if it's between us."

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Titan in the Playground

Antoine
    "It's not a cheap ritual, Bole. I gotta spend like fifty gold pieces worth of reagents to make the connection, and it's not a divination so I can substitute in my bloodbond magic instead. If I could do it at-will, that'd be a great plan... but that would involve casting it once each for all of them, plus once fer every rock pile... any luck finding a way out, Ashe?"
    My Homebrew
    Many thanks to the very talented Kymme for making an Avatar of my incredibly-specific D&D character!

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Troll in the Playground

Bolerum

The paladin decides to make himself useful and begins to haul rock away from one of the deadfalls.

Spoiler
    Show
    Start clearing BH58.
    Last edited by Leewei; 2014-02-18 at 08:49 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ashe

Joining the others after searching the room, Nothing obvious. Looks like a spell or ritual will be required unless we want to dig our way out.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    Bolerum use his free time to star to dig, while the others do something. Being alone make the progress being slow and he doesnt clear much before Ashe is done searching the rooms.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you go with digging With basic math and the numbers I gave before (for 6 person digging), it souhld take one person about 3 hours to dig out a 5 X 5 section (10 feets high or so).
    It seem a little bit too much , so I'll cut this to 2 hours... and the others helping would remove 30 minutes per person, for one square an hour you 3 working together.

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Troll in the Playground

Bolerum

"Judging from the map, the collapsed area in the tunnel there is only a couple of man-heights across. I'm hoping this is similar."

Mid-lift, Bol stops, his eyes falling on one of the Bags of Holding. He then chucks it onto the growing pile nearby.

"Say, we could load these bags with smaller rocks, then empty them out in a corner. That'd probably be a lot less effort than chucking them about."

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    While using a bag of holding wont make the digging really go faster, it will reduce how tiring it is and cut in the need of rest, thus making the overall progress more efficient.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd cute 15 minutes for each squares if you are using the bag of holding... good idea.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Titan in the Playground

Antoine
    The witch nods along with Bolerum's plan. "That could work. I'm gunna try one sendin', maybe help us get our bearings - who should I shoot it at, Tikka, Ung or Rik?" he asks, digging into his bag of holding to retrieve a few bottles of various arcane reagents. "The bag idea's pretty good, though. My bag's full of books and other fragile stuff, and Ashe's would be really hard to reload since it has all the gold and jewels. I guess we're usin' yours, then, Bole."
    My Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    The heroes start digging their way throught the cave in at the east tunnel. After 45 minutes, they reach a wall, half broken and realise that they have to clear the sourthenest part of the crumbling to go futher. After 3 more hours or so of hard work, they finally get across that cave in section and find themselves back into the throne room. The found a few more unlooted corpse with some interesting items and coins.

Once they settle down, the group realise that they are getting quite tired and while they cannot easyly take track of the time, a full days also get by since they woke up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moved things along assuming you would dig (to save some time). Antione sending can be dealt/roleplayed in small partial retcon (or simply after the day of digging).

It is funny you started to clear BH row.... but the tunnel is really in BI line... well you cleared the whole rubbles that way I guess.

You find 35 GP, 124 SP and 36 CP.

You also find magical items on the corpses. You get to chose an item of you choice that were on the corpses (anything that isnt rare). The level (can be less than the roll if you prefer) depends on your personnal luck :
    Antione : (1D6+4)[8]
    Ashe : (1D6+4)[5]
    Bolerum : (1D6+4)[9]

Yeah, I am too lazy to make loot!! (or I want to to get more stuff you really want)

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    Last edited by Dekkah; 2014-02-18 at 01:05 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Troll in the Playground

Bolerum

"Do you have any auguries that might give an idea of the best way forward?"
    the armored man asks.

He then asks his companions, "So, should we yell, or stay quiet?"

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    The heroes carefully move into the throne area, study, bedroom and portal room. Everything is as they left it and they find none of their missing allies nor any signs of their passage here since they went to the treasure vault.

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming passive percpetion... active would need ot be rolled.

17. - Top - End - #1277
    Troll in the Playground

Bolerum

"Antoine, can you somehow check to see if the others are together and safe? If so, maybe we can somehow trick that teleport trap in the vault into shunting us over to them -- or else, maybe they can get back to the vault themselves somehow?"

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Titan in the Playground

Antoine
    OOC: Lets just say that Antoine casts his Sending now instead, so we don't have to retcon anything.

The witch nods, and spends a few minutes communing with Rikard through magic. He opens eyes with a perplexed expression. "Tikka an' Ung aren't with Rik. Apparently, he's been entertained by a dragon, of all things. So far, it's friendly, but he doesn't want to risk pissin' it off by leggin' it early. He thinks he may have to meet up with us in Marklett... though without Ung, we dunno how to get there! Shall I try Ung next?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Please deduct 50 gp of arcane components for the Sending Ritual when you have a moment, Gillric.
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #1279
    Troll in the Playground

Bolerum

"Please - and then Tikka if she isn't with him."

Bol then heads to the huge cave-in and starts clearing rocks on one side. "This may take a while. Unless anyone has a better idea, best get started."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    See if you can get them to tell you of any cave-ins near them -- the number in each direction.

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Ashe

Was there anything in the ritual book we found that could help?

Spoiler
    Show
    What about the excavation ritual?

21. - Top - End - #1281
    Titan in the Playground

Antoine
    The witch looks up as he finishes communing with Ung, swearing in Vistani under his breath. "We's lucky the trap just stuck us back in Roctook. Ung's been captured by some sort of insectoid slavers, an' he's real bad at managing words in a sendin'. He couldn't tell me anythin' else helpful, except that he don't got Tikka with him."

He stands, stretching slightly. "Might be a ritual in the book that could help us, but any new spells will take me a while to get the hang of. We'd need eight hours, and it's not exactly light readin' - I'd still need t'sleep at some point. So, not real practical now, if we wanna reach Ung before those slavers move 'im, wherever they are. You want me to try Tikka? I don't want to run outta reagents if we need another spell later, but she can probably manage a proper response to a sendin', unlike Ung..."
    My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Troll in the Playground

Bolerum

"If you need more residuum, you can use this,"
    the paladin says, offering his holy symbol of Kord.

"I'd hope the Thunder Laugher would rather I find my brothers and sister than keep his token."

Spoiler
    Show
    Holy Symbol +1; should yield 72gp residuum.

23. - Top - End - #1283
    Titan in the Playground

Antoine
    The Vistani nods. "Good point, Bole. Rik may have some of the spare gear, but that bag a yours is full of emergency residuum if we need it. Keep yer holy symbol fer now - there's probably some random enchanted sword in there that means less to us and will do just as well. I'm not out of components yet, though, so lets see if I can reach Tikka, okay?"

He sits back down with his Sending fork in hand a third time, this time reaching out to the mind of their spunky goblin shaman.
    My Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Titan in the Playground

Antoine
    The witch frowns again, more concern showing on his face than even the news that Ung had been captured by slavers. "No response from Tikka. She's either unconscious, dead, or more than five thousand miles away. I don't really like them options much, I must say..."
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #1285
    Troll in the Playground

Bolerum

Frowning at the news, the paladin states, "The Duergar probably had no reason to transport goblins more than five thousand miles from the circle. If she's dead, there is little we can do. If she's unconscious, we must seek and assist her."

"Would the sending fail if she was merely asleep?"

"Lastly, is there any augury you might perform to tell us of her condition?"

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Titan in the Playground

Antoine
    The witch ponders this for a second - he takes out his spellbooks and flips through the pages. "Well, my mornin' card reading might help, but I can only tap into that power when I'm fresh rested. I have a spell fer trackin' folks, but that don't help with teleportation... this one? No..." He looks to the ring on his hand. "Don't think my second sight gift is much good to us here either... ca ne fonction pas the same way twice." He puts away his spellbooks and looks back up at Bole. "If only I knew a scryin' spell! But I think those are still beyond my skills... Sorry Bole. Until I've rested and can perform a card readin', there's not much I can do t'help find her. Even then, I have to pick my question carefully - the cards can be as slippery as a djinn when they give their answers."
    My Homebrew

27. - Top - End - #1287
    Troll in the Playground

Bolerum

"Better rest up, then. I'll be at this a while."

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Ettin in the Playground

ClericGuy

DM
    The heroes set camp and take a good night sleep.

Spetember 4th, 1500 :
    The group wake up refreshed.

Antione set himself up to do his augury, while Bolerum and Ashe start to dig.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your all full power again!.

Antione got his augury done....

Assumed that Ashe help Bolerum

29. - Top - End - #1289
    Titan in the Playground

Antoine
    The witch has a sad expression. "Jorge told me that if I do my readings without the safety ring on, they'll be stronger. Tikka is dead - she was petrified an' then decapitated. Even if we cured the petrification, she'd return to life a corpse... hopefully her spirit is with the Great Snake by now..." he announces, more than a little sadness in his voice. He puts the ring back on before he stands. "Rik has things under control on his end, I think, so I guess that makes Ung priority un. Any ideas?"
    My Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Troll in the Playground

Bolerum

Scowling at the news, the paladin asks quietly, "What killed her? If I come across the creature, I'd wish to know there was a debt to settle."

After taking a deep breath, he then continues, "Ung is enslaved by insect creatures. Can your divinations reveal the way forward on the morrow? If we can clear the way, we should stay alert for them."

Spoiler
    Show
    My money's on formians.
    Last edited by Leewei; 2014-02-22 at 12:43 AM.