New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 13: Insert Silly Title Here

Char's

Quiet sits down and continues to chow!
    Last edited by Dark Elf Bard; 2013-01-06 at 12:40 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

2. - Top - End - #692
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

"Ah, sorry. Got a bit ahead of myself there." the muse said as she sank back into the warmth of the pool; her hair becoming long, curled trails of crimson. "Currently, my brain matter is being exchanged from a biological medium to a mechanical state... Um.. Basically from meat to metal, I should say. Once that is done, the things I'll be able to do with it will change. One thing in particular is that this will let me start using more bodies at the same time aside from just this one which is what we were talking about." she explained, giving Mimi the abridged version as she didn't want to load her down with too much at once.

"Anyway, that was what Misha and I were talking about but I want to make certain that both of you are comfortable with the idea before I do anything." Riss continued once Mimi had digested the first explanation. While she had glossed over the finer points, she hoped that the pixie wouldn't have any misgivings.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

Mimi slips her dress down off her body, revealing nothing underneath as usual, and slips into the water next to Riss as she explains. The pixie doesn't look any less bewildered after the explanation, however. "More bodies? Sounds kinda weird. I dunno, seems fine I guess. Does it do anything else but that?" She doesn't seem the least bit opposed to the idea, just confused mostly.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-01-06 at 02:23 AM.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Meredit
    Guest in the Playground

[Char's House]

Meredit opens the door with no hesitation. She's strong now and ready to fight the forces of evil.

And sees the hug and the big smile on Quiet's face.

Meredit knows that look. Couriers liked to take cell phone video when they handed out the gifts. There's one on her phone now with orphanage kids smiling. It's the smile of being a cherished child. No evil at all.

She changes her mind. What is the way that this could not be evil? "Char?" she says. "Can I"

"Can I ask you about those amulets? Are they like gravestones? People choose to be remembered that way?

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

[Char's House]

Char looks up from The Battle of Hoth to see Meredit. She stands up and walks over. She looks at Meredit sheepishly and says, "Well, people who have moved on and don't want to answer the talismans take some heavy-duty magic to summon. I can't exactly get enough magic to do that. Hell, I don't even have the magic to call a specific person without some extreme circumstances. So, I guess, kind of?" Char recovers from her torrent of rambling and offers a dumpling.
    Last edited by lord pringle; 2013-01-06 at 03:05 AM.
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

6. - Top - End - #696

Char's

Hi! I got to have real food, and watch a movie!

She bares her pointy devil teeth, and her tail swishes back and forth excitedly!
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

7. - Top - End - #697

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Riss' Quarters]

Mimi slips her dress down off her body, revealing nothing underneath as usual, and slips into the water next to Riss as she explains. The pixie doesn't look any less bewildered after the explanation, however. "More bodies? Sounds kinda weird. I dunno, seems fine I guess. Does it do anything else but that?" She doesn't seem the least bit opposed to the idea, just confused mostly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Riss' Quarters]

"Ah, sorry. Got a bit ahead of myself there." the muse said as she sank back into the warmth of the pool; her hair becoming long, curled trails of crimson. "Currently, my brain matter is being exchanged from a biological medium to a mechanical state... Um.. Basically from meat to metal, I should say. Once that is done, the things I'll be able to do with it will change. One thing in particular is that this will let me start using more bodies at the same time aside from just this one which is what we were talking about." she explained, giving Mimi the abridged version as she didn't want to load her down with too much at once.

"Anyway, that was what Misha and I were talking about but I want to make certain that both of you are comfortable with the idea before I do anything." Riss continued once Mimi had digested the first explanation. While she had glossed over the finer points, she hoped that the pixie wouldn't have any misgivings.
    Riss' Quarters

"As far as I know, it increases her brain power since she'll have a brain sort of like Archie's, except stored in her head instead of a pair of headphones. That's what will let her take control of other bodies with mechanical brains, like Archie did with those robots once or twice." Misha looks to Riss for confirmation, trying to help as much as she can without confusing the issue with her own lack of knowledge.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #698

[Riss' Quarters]

"Well, more processing power at least but the rest is true." the muse said with a small smile. She was pleased that Misha had offered an explanation so readily even if the nereid wasn't as certain about the subject matter. It was just one of the many signs of learning and that was a small joy all on it's own.

"There are a few other things but they tie in to what's already been said and aren't overt enough to deserve their own explanations." the muse elucidated with a mildly dismissive motion. "Though, one upside to this would be that I wouldn't have to split my time up between work and spending time with either of you... Well, for the most part at least. I suspect there might be occasions where more focus will be needed in one place at the expense of the others but I'll only know for certain once it happens." Riss said. All things considered, however, she was quite happy that there were no major inhibiting factors to this development and was content with making sure that both of her Fey was comfortable with the knowledge for the time being. Or at least comfortable enough so that she could move on to the next item in pertinence with this particular event.

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

"Oh oh, so you can control different bodies at the same time? That's cool." And very handy. This seems like a pretty good idea overall. So far at least. "But what are the different bodies like?"

10. - Top - End - #700

Riss' Quarters

"That's most of what we were talking about before you got here." Most of it, if you ignored all the crying and the over-reactions and bonding that wasn't actual words.

"One would be her normal body, and we might have some spares of that just in case anything happens to it, or we both want her for something different at once, and one would be a work body that will probably be mechanical and stuff. Other than that, we haven't said anything because it's better to try something small first and go from there, right? All that sound good?"
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    Treehouse

((Was Gelley talking about Vierzt in the Fettina post? :P))

Vierzt goes to the kitchen to cook
    Most definitely.

Vierzt will return to find that Gelley has dozed off in his bed. Her mouth hangs open, and she's drooling in a most unladylike fashion.

[No Longer House Hunting]

"This blood's been here ages. Nothing to worry about." Kirk assures her. Never mind that he was obviously not worried before he could see it well. "Some nut probably owned the place a while back."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    No Longer House Hunting

The cold stone is cold stone, as opposed to a part-time earth elemental or somesuch, and gives no answers.

About now, thunder rumbles through the house. Must have been very loud for them to hear it down here.
    "That does not make me feel better," Tina grumbles, glancing around and wringing her hands. The sudden blast of thunder doesn't help matters - she bristles, gritting her teeth for a moment. "I think it's pretty safe to say that there's no wine cellar, Kirk." Hint, hint. She's far afield from panicky, at least for now, but the neon girl's starting to feel a bit agitated.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

Kirk turns his head to look at her for a moment and then stands. He can take a hint. "Doesn't look like there's much else down here anywhere. Let's look around upstairs where there's more to see, shall we?" He offers her hand, and should she take it he'll lead her to the nearest staircase up.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Meredit
    Guest in the Playground

[Char's House]

"You did? How exciting!" Meredit has to smile back at Quiet. "Maybe we can play a game once the movie is done."

Then she talks to Char. " "Summoning" is like that? Just asking a question? "No thanks" is always an OK answer?"

14. - Top - End - #704
    Dwarf in the Playground

No Longer House Hunting

There is a place down here in which one could easily set up a wine cellar, though.

The house is slightly dusty, but it is furnished. However, when they go up there they will see something not good: it's snowing hard. Yes, the rare weather phenomenon known as "thundersnow" in which both frozen water and noise come from the sky in great amounts. Of course, Kirk and Fettina are in a furnished and heated well-built home. This just means that they might not be able to leave early...

15. - Top - End - #705

[Lisa's Home]

"That's pretty dang cool that you all met up like that. I'd kill for a club like that. My school is amazingly boring. So why were collage age people at a high school club anyway?" Lisa say.
    [Lisa's Home]

"Some were in it when they were in school," she explains, "but we didn't meet there specifically, just through friends. Eve knew A and he was in one of Doc's classes, and then we just became one big happy art club."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

16. - Top - End - #706

[Riss' Quarters]

"Speaking of the bodies themselves, given that the one biological form will be grown without some of the influences that I've lived through, it's going to be somewhat different than what I look like now." Riss said, feeling that it would be best to get this part out of the way since they were more or less on the subject. "Most likely it'll be a bit taller and definitely not as boney but that latter part probably won't be as apparent by the time that I'm actually using both at the same time.

"As for the mechanical form.. Well, given that it's going to be much more malleable, I was going to ask if either of you wanted to give me any suggestions for how it should look in the end. Or at least how it would normally look as I'll probably make it modular in case I need to perform any specialized tasks... Erm, able to swap parts in and out I mean."
    the muse said.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Halfling in the Playground

Kirk turns his head to look at her for a moment and then stands. He can take a hint. "Doesn't look like there's much else down here anywhere. Let's look around upstairs where there's more to see, shall we?" He offers her hand, and should she take it he'll lead her to the nearest staircase up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    No Longer House Hunting

There is a place down here in which one could easily set up a wine cellar, though.

The house is slightly dusty, but it is furnished. However, when they go up there they will see something not good: it's snowing hard. Yes, the rare weather phenomenon known as "thundersnow" in which both frozen water and noise come from the sky in great amounts. Of course, Kirk and Fettina are in a furnished and heated well-built home. This just means that they might not be able to leave early...
    Tina takes his hand and allows herself to be led upstairs. They enter a long hallway, flanked by high windows, and Tina watches with some measure of awe as the snow buries Kirk's new home. "Wow. That came on quick. Even for the Nexus." She glances toward either end of the hall. "Well, if we're gonna be snowed in, we may as well get cozy." She'll probably head off down the hall, wandering aimlessly for any more eye-catching sights.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2013-01-07 at 05:50 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meredit View Post
    [Char's House]

"You did? How exciting!" Meredit has to smile back at Quiet. "Maybe we can play a game once the movie is done."

Then she talks to Char. " "Summoning" is like that? Just asking a question? "No thanks" is always an OK answer?"
    "Sort of. Someone could force there way into a summoning, but I personally couldn't. The talismans are a tool to help the summoning work, but a good summoner wouldn't need them." Char zooms into her room and zooms out holding a book. "This is a textbook on summoning if you're interested."
    If you need me somewhere, don't hesitate to PM me. I have bad mental health days sometimes, so if I vanish that's probably why. PMs will help break me out of that.
    ~~~~~
    Games I'm Running:
    Digimon: Recollections (OoC)
    Fate/Grand Order: Chaldean Irregulars (OoC)
    ~~~~~
    Kyoko-atar by Coronalwave

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lisa's Home]

"Ah, I gotcha. Still pretty dang cool." Lisa says.

And I think we can assume they chat for a while longer and finish up the scene off screen. Mostly because I ran out of small talk.

[Riss' Quarters]

"I guess I mind if you don't look too much different. I like how you look." The pixie declares. Riss is absolutely beautiful. "Um... I don't really know about the other one, though..." That's the odd part of all this. Riss being in a totally different body.

Kirk looks more surprised by the sudden onset of snow than the blood. "It's romantic in a way, isn't it? Just us two, trapped her together. It'll probably get cold, so we'll have to keep each other warm." If Fettina looks back he'll waggle his eyebrows at her and give her a wide grin. He follows regardless, however.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Dwarf in the Playground

No Longer House Hunting

The sound of a door shutting echoes through the otherwise-empty halls.

I'll leave you with that, to come to conclusions on your own...

21. - Top - End - #711

[Riss' Quarters]

"I guess I mind if you don't look too much different. I like how you look." The pixie declares. Riss is absolutely beautiful. "Um... I don't really know about the other one, though..." That's the odd part of all this. Riss being in a totally different body.
    Riss' Quarters

"Probably however you think would work best for your job. If it's going to be mostly a work body, I don't think my preferences need to effect it unless I have an idea to make it easier to use that you didn't think of. Even if it's the only body around us for some reason, it'll be more like you talking through a controlled robot than actually you, so I don't think I'll feel any weirder about it if it looks a lot different." Now that all the mess of emotions is over, Misha is pretty easy to please. Having two Riss' around to keep each of the fey occupied and one to do the work Riss wants and needs to get done seems to be the ideal solution.

22. - Top - End - #712
    Meredit
    Guest in the Playground

[Char's House]

"Thanks!" Meredit picks a spot on the couch close to Quiet and leaves space for Char too. "Tell me when the movie is getting to the exciting part!"

She starts to read. Then she looks up for awhile. Then Meredit is cheering for the good guys and hiding her eyes at the scary parts too. She leans sideways on the couch like she was flying like in the Star Tours ride. She will never ever admit that.

23. - Top - End - #713

[Riss' Quarters]

"Aww, not even one suggestion?" the muse asked with mock disappointment although Mimi would see a smile in her direction for her comment. It wasn't something she let her mind think about very often but it felt nice to be considered attractive. "Then I suppose I'll just have to surprise you both with... Chromatically florescent skin or something." she said. Can't really blame them, though. I only just told them about it and I haven't given them any time to really think about it. I'll try asking again later once they've had time to let the idea settle more.

Reaching out with her tail, the muse would try to gently curl around Misha's hand under the rippling pool as she drifted slightly deeper into the water. "So, now that we have that part out of the way, how was your adventure, Mimi?"

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

"It was lotsa fun. The first riddle was easy, but the other ones were way harder. But I figured out where to go anyway." Mimi declares proudly. "But I was standing on something high when I put the rings on and suddenly the ceiling was so close! Until I fell down." She giggles a bit at that, despite that it hurt a bit. "And then I stayed big when I came all the way back here. It's so weird seeing everything like this. But I can still fly, so that's good even if it's harder." She babbled.

25. - Top - End - #715

[Riss' Quarters]

"It was lotsa fun. The first riddle was easy, but the other ones were way harder. But I figured out where to go anyway." Mimi declares proudly. "But I was standing on something high when I put the rings on and suddenly the ceiling was so close! Until I fell down." She giggles a bit at that, despite that it hurt a bit. "And then I stayed big when I came all the way back here. It's so weird seeing everything like this. But I can still fly, so that's good even if it's harder." She babbled.
    Riss' Quarters

"You can still fly at this size? Wow." Misha's no stranger to magic, but she didn't expect that would be possible, "I wonder if the rings just make you lighter or if it's something else, since you'd need.... really really huge wings to make a normal person fly with normal weight." Misha allows her hand to be taken, but also drifts over closer to Mimi and tries to put an arm around the pixie's waist tenderly. After all this time, their rivalry from before seemed downright silly, and Mimi herself wasn't anything bad to look at when she wasn't being all scowly and annoying.

26. - Top - End - #716

[Riss' Quarters]

"I wanted to make sure you would be able to keep all of your capabilities so you'd feel more comfortable." the muse said. Sure, it had been more expensive because of that but given that Riss usually had very little to spend her money on, it wasn't much of an issue. "I'm glad you were able to figure out the riddles, though. I had been worried that I might have made them too easy but I suppose that's because I already knew the answer to them."

Moving as best she could without pulling Misha around too much, Riss would attempt to position herself so that Mimi would be between her and the nereid before reaching up to the pixie's shoulders and, if allowed, begin giving her a light massage. You really will look for any excuse just to put your hands all over them, won't you? Then again, they are pretty special, aren't they? "So, Mimi. How do you like seeing things from this perspective?"

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ogre in the Playground

[Riss' Quarters]

"Yeah, it's pretty great. Riss is the best at getting gifts." Mimi looks between Riss and Misha, grinning all the while. She's enjoying the attention from both of them. Her gaze settles on the muse to reply to her question. "Everything's so much smaller than normal. It's really weird, and kinda disorienting too." She's obviously not put off by it, however.

28. - Top - End - #718

Riss' Quarters

Misha's look turns mischievous as she turns her upper body so that her chest is pressed into Mimi's arm, "Oh yeah, you're sure that everything is so much smaller now are you?" She murmurs breathily, fluttering her eyelids as she tilts her head toward the waterline as if she were daring Mimi to look down.

Considering her normally unmentioned magnetic looks that naturally draw eyes to her body, that's undoubtedly her intent. Her body's instincts are shouting that there's an opportunity here and she'd be a fool to waste it.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Trisha's Cabin

Michicora have to sit down, she probably should get some clothes but somehow that seemed less important right now. "Trisha... I don't know what to say. I'm not sure, not ready..." She attempts to take the champions hands and squeezes them harder then ever before as she looks into her eyes. She's shaking.

"I don't know what to say." She finally admits, but the smile on her face probably say much more then her words ever could. "But... I feel the same way, whatever you are or this means I want you to know that. Even if I don't really understand it right now."
    Trisha's Cabin

"I don't know if I am ready either." Trisha admits quietly, her cheeks dark but her voice firm before she looks up. "All I know is that I enjoy having you around, that you've changed my life for the better and given me the best time I've ever had. I'd do anything for you, Michi. I'm not sure I can ever repay you for that." She tells the Huntress, reaching out to try and take her hand. "Even if we aren't ready to say it, I'm not sure we can deny it either."

30. - Top - End - #720

Treehouse!

Vierzt comes back in with large hgam and cheese omelets and glasses of orange juice. He quietly sits and waits for Divebomb to wake up.

Char's House

Quiet watchess the two hopefully! What do you guys want to do?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,