New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1494
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 13: Insert Silly Title Here

Kate's Apartment

There is a simple text box open. There is a good amount of text off-screen, but on screen this is notable:

Oh!
    What happenned?
    Kate?
    What is going on?
    There is a thing in the computer.
    There is a new person.
    Do you know the person, Kate?
    >No
    >I think I have to close the laptop to talk to her.
    >Can the thing get to you?
    No.
    What is it?
    >I need to talk to the person
    Okay.

"Hey," Kate turns to the girl and shuts the laptop. "It's rude to just stop a conversation with someone. How would you like it if I was talking with you and then disappeared? That's what it would be like for her."

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "The Narrative? No idea. Maybe? I think Neo didn't get it right from the start, but he was flying at the end of the movie so..."

Unlike Godtok, with all his crippling doubts and insecurity, Mara's been rather confident, certain, and has had a powerful amount of faith in things before. So long as she focuses her faith on Magtok thinking she can do it, rather than her herself believing such a thing, she might have a decent chance of getting it to work.
    "I can't believe Theodore Logan would be The One," Mara says. "Or maybe that happened to Bill and Ted in the future, when the computers took over. Maybe he should have just said 'Be Excellent to Each Other... and Party on, Dudes!' and the machines and humans would have all been friends."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Yeah, yeah, I'm not really interested about the AI though. I want to know more about you Kate. Why are you sitting here all alone?" Don't you have any friends? The girl asks curiously.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2013-02-08 at 06:29 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Barbarian in the Playground

Godtok Lair

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    "I can't believe Theodore Logan would be The One," Mara says. "Or maybe that happened to Bill and Ted in the future, when the computers took over. Maybe he should have just said 'Be Excellent to Each Other... and Party on, Dudes!' and the machines and humans would have all been friends."

Gods, that might very well be the first thing Mara's ever said since they met that wasn't all about faith or love or violence or torture or death or pain. Mag laughs, not sure if he finds what she said funny, or is just so relieved to hear her say something silly that it just happens all on its own.

"Mara, take it from me, as someone who's worked with computers and AI since forever: they are the biggest party poopers ever. Also, Agent Smith is definitely just a Robot Ted 2.0 with a makeover."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

5. - Top - End - #1055

[Arthur's Apartment]

Arthur and Willow shuffle up to Arthur's apartment from the city streets, and he shuts the door behind them.

The armored half-fiend quickly flops on the couch, and starts taking off his boots. "So, you're sure you're alright after what just happened?" No sane individual would be 'alright' after that kind of incident, but then again, the Nexus isn't known for sanity.
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"I do, but I can't spend all my time with them. In fact, I could plead that I was spending time with a friend. I was teaching her, and talking to her." Kate isn't entertained at all. "My roommate is away, it's too cold to go for a walk, and I don't have a reason to leave."

She crosses her arms at the little girl. "And you still haven't told me who you are."

7. - Top - End - #1057

Kate's Apartment

"I'm your friend! Or I used to be at least." The girl explains. "I'm from another nexus, there are a lot of them. More then all my fingers and toes combined! I wanted to look around here though." She says with a smile.

8. - Top - End - #1058

[Riss' Quarters]

Not feeling clammy and cold would indeed be high on the muse's priority list at the moment and complied with the suggestion after a few moments further of contemplation. The water was soothing with its warmth and she was tempted to just alter the basin that the pool rested in to make for something resembling a bed although she decided to wait on that specific part for now.

"No it's... I don't think that it's something that can be helped. Consequences of past choices coming back to plague me, it seems." Riss said, being rather nebulous on the matter. Part of her wanted either Misha or Mimi to ask what it was in particular as, even though she knew it was selfish, she wanted to be prompted into the particular subject. Then again, given what it is, I... Guess it would be normal to want to ease into it? Maybe? I mean, it is a bit morbid, I guess, but at the same time is it a secret just because I don't feel like talking about it?

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"Oh. Well, you can't assume things between Nexuses. You need to treat each person in each one as a new person. What's your name?"

Definitely a being of great power. Have to be careful. Tactful.

10. - Top - End - #1060

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Ah, what weapons do you use? Odds are that I'll have a wooden or blunted sparring version. He walks over to said rather large chest and picks out a hickory-wood spear. He'll keep his decorated, metal shield...there's more to it than meets the eye. However, if you use magic, no need to worry...I have that covered All of this has been done and spoken in a cool, collected manner.
    All right, um, I'm using some daggers and a spear. You say magic is okay?
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

11. - Top - End - #1061

Kate's Apartment

"I'll tell you... if you play a little game with me. I am a version of a person you know in this world. Say a name, and if you guess wrong I'll tell you what that person is like in my world instead. But in turn you have to tell me what that person is like in this world. That sounds fair right?" The girl asks with a smile.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Elf Bard View Post
    All right, um, I'm using some daggers and a spear. You say magic is okay?
    Aric nods jovially, yes ma'am. Now, if you have magical means of boffering your weapons then go for it. I'd prefer if you didn't try to kill me on the first round. He chuckles and readies himself.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

After a moment, Kate sighs and gives in. "Alright. But remember that I might not have met you in this universe, so be willing to tell me eventually. Are you... Hannah?"

14. - Top - End - #1064

Kate's Apartment

"Wrong! Hannah don't even exist in my world!" The girl replies. "And I know for a fact you've meet me in this world. I've already talked to her." She says with a nod.

15. - Top - End - #1065

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Val Halls

Aiden takes a fair bit of bacon and eggs, but only a couple of pancakes before heading off to eat. He's a quick eater, a habit from his years in poverty.
    The diner room had a number of long tables paired with benches. The line is currently focused on getting the food, but one or two of the men living here are already at the tables.

16. - Top - End - #1066

Val Halls

Aiden sits at the end of one of the benches to eat. He wishes he still had his watch, because he's not entirely sure how he's doing for time. In any case, he tries not to socialize much, so that he can get to his new job nice and early.

17. - Top - End - #1067

Val Halls

Well, given the time of day, and that he's at the end of a brench, Aiden should be free to eat unbothered.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackouttwo View Post
    [Arthur's Apartment]

Arthur and Willow shuffle up to Arthur's apartment from the city streets, and he shuts the door behind them.

The armored half-fiend quickly flops on the couch, and starts taking off his boots. "So, you're sure you're alright after what just happened?" No sane individual would be 'alright' after that kind of incident, but then again, the Nexus isn't known for sanity.
    Willow sits down next to him and pulls the gauze off her face. After checking that the bleeding seems to have stopped, she turns her attention to Arthur. She scoots close, runs a hand through his hair, and looks into his eyes. "I was afraid I'd lost you."

Godtok Lair

Gods, that might very well be the first thing Mara's ever said since they met that wasn't all about faith or love or violence or torture or death or pain. Mag laughs, not sure if he finds what she said funny, or is just so relieved to hear her say something silly that it just happens all on its own.

"Mara, take it from me, as someone who's worked with computers and AI since forever: they are the biggest party poopers ever. Also, Agent Smith is definitely just a Robot Ted 2.0 with a makeover."
    "You might as well eat your breakfast. I don't think that fork's going anywhere," Mara says. "As funny as it might be if your fork suddenly turned into a bent spoon or whatever."

The fork is suddenly a bent spoon.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

"I guess you still want information on Hannah?"
    Kate sighs. "I don't know much about her, when she came to me she was a new and powerful being. I helped introduce her to the world, and I haven't really seen her since."

Kate considers a minute more. This girl said that she had already talked to her, so Kate doesn't have to worry about gender swapping. And it's probably not a bad idea as a starting point to assume that whoever it is in this Nexus has a lot of power-

"You're not Libra, are you?"

20. - Top - End - #1070

Godtok Lair

Spoiler
    Show
    "You might as well eat your breakfast. I don't think that fork's going anywhere," Mara says. "As funny as it might be if your fork suddenly turned into a bent spoon or whatever."

The fork is suddenly a bent spoon.

Magtok just stares blankly at the fork spoon. That, he didn't expect. Not even close to being among the list of things he thought possible. Not the fork bending, but Mara being this silly and comfortable enough with her relationship with him to try something this ridiculous at all.

"You're a diabolical terrible evil wicked heartless demon succubus monster full of awfulness and I hate you."

Yes, of course you do. Which is exactly why you punctuate that comment with kiss to her cheek, isn't it?
    Last edited by Lord Magtok; 2013-02-09 at 11:17 AM.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Troll in the Playground

Godtok Lair

Mara stares blankly at the bent spoon too. "I didn't do that... did I?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

22. - Top - End - #1072

Kate's Apartment

"Not your Libra, I am my own. Your Libra don't even have any powers anymore, but maybe that's for the best eh?" The girl asks. "But yes, I am Libra. That's my name." She declares with a proud smile.

23. - Top - End - #1073

Val Halls

In that case, Aiden is quick to eat and stand back up to get his plate cleaned. If he isn't interrupted, then he gets to leaving the hotel to get over to Mallside.

24. - Top - End - #1074

Val Halls

Aiden is not interrupted, at least at breakfast.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kate's Apartment

Kate nods, trying not to panic. This isn't Libra, not as Kate knows her, it's... someone else. With the same powers and name, but she's a different person.

Right. No reason for undue panic, only the care usually taken when dealing with powerful beings.

Kate doesn't say anything right off, as she can't think of anything to say, instead waiting for Libra to continue to direct the situation.

26. - Top - End - #1076

Godtok Lair

Mara stares blankly at the bent spoon too. "I didn't do that... did I?"
    Magtok rolls his eyes. "You think I wanted to stop myself from eating? There's perfectly good eggs here that I can't even scoop up with this because it's bent all screwy. Now say 'it's a shame you don't have a really cool eyepatch and a house that doesn't smell like cigarettes, Magtok. And a burlap sack full of gold coins and clothes that aren't being stolen from some old man and a lover who doesn't ruin forks and has a butt that's somehow ten percent more perfect than mine is.' All of that, if you don't mind."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

27. - Top - End - #1077

Willow sits down next to him and pulls the gauze off her face. After checking that the bleeding seems to have stopped, she turns her attention to Arthur. She scoots close, runs a hand through his hair, and looks into his eyes. "I was afraid I'd lost you."
    Arthur pauses in his removal of his armor, and looks into Willow's own eyes. He takes her by the hand and squeezes it gently. OK, pour it on.

"Come on. You're not getting rid of me that easily." He cracks a smile and holds her a little closer, mentally screaming at himself the whole time. Seriously!? THAT'S your line!? What's wrong with you!? You're supposed to be good at this! Really!?

Spoiler
    Show

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Troll in the Playground

Godtok Lair

Magtok rolls his eyes. "You think I wanted to stop myself from eating? There's perfectly good eggs here that I can't even scoop up with this because it's bent all screwy. Now say 'it's a shame you don't have a really cool eyepatch and a house that doesn't smell like cigarettes, Magtok. And a burlap sack full of gold coins and clothes that aren't being stolen from some old man and a lover who doesn't ruin forks and has a butt that's somehow ten percent more perfect than mine is.' All of that, if you don't mind."
    Mara recites what Magtok said, giggling a little, but none of those things happen. "I'll go get you another fork."

Arthur's Place
    Quote Originally Posted by blackouttwo View Post
    Arthur pauses in his removal of his armor, and looks into Willow's own eyes. He takes her by the hand and squeezes it gently. OK, pour it on.

"Come on. You're not getting rid of me that easily." He cracks a smile and holds her a little closer, mentally screaming at himself the whole time. Seriously!? THAT'S your line!? What's wrong with you!? You're supposed to be good at this! Really!?
    It seems to be good enough for Willow, as she cups her hand behind his head and pulls him close to kiss him, long and slow.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #1079

[Arthur's Place]

Arthur's caught slightly off-guard (that seems to happen to him a lot) but he breaks away from the kiss after a few seconds, his tail coiling around Willow's ankle. It's a frequent enough gesture of affection he's made towards her, and Willow's been on the receiving end plenty of times in the past, but this time's different. Almost urgent.

Looking her in the eye, Arthur's expression is...odd. Like he's not all there. "You sure you want to do this?" He'd asked the question before the raid on the warehouse. He's asking it again, like he sees it coming. If Willow doesn't pick up on what he's asking, she's either dense or not all there herself.

Spoiler
    Show

Destro says:

Vespe says:

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Troll in the Playground

Arthur's Place

"Very," Willow says. "You've kept me waiting long enough, don't you think, Tiger?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs