New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1494
  1. - Top - End - #1261
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 13: Insert Silly Title Here

Jace's Place

The little red-brick building has a dark wood door with an iron knocker shaped like a dragon. With a simple Raac! from Zebes the door swings in. A voice calls from inside,
    "Leave your shoes and your board by the door, if you can. Come in, I'm almost done."
    Should Dante enter, he might notice that the place has been decorated with a number of medieval decorations, from a red tapestry on one wall to an ornate weapon rack with a silver sword and spear on another. Somehow though they don't clash with the otherwise modern construction. Dante might also notice that there's effectively no electronics around. There's sockets in the walls, but nothing's plugged in, except a single lamp in the corner that looks like it's never been used.
    The last thing he'll notice (besides the smell of cooking eggs), is a clearly human man in jeans and a tan T-shirt with a skillet doing what you expect: cooking an omelet. He's got ruffled brown hair and gray eyes (despite my avatar), and looks to be about twenty.
    "Yours is on the table, Zebes. Bacon and swiss, with a copper on top. Yours is coming up, Dante, just a second."
    Next to the open kitchen is a wooden table, with three set places, one of which does appear to have a bacon and cheese omelet on a plate with a penny on top.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #1262
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Jace's Place

When others might notice an odd clash between medieval decorum and modern convenience, Dante does not seem to note anything out of the ordinary. Outside (or rather Inside. That must get old real fast around here) was far more overwhelming. Still, he is afraid that if those headaches flare up again, something else might flare up. He kicks off his shoes at the door, and leaves his board behind, albeit with some hesitation. He tries to keep the board in his line of sight, however, as he politely sits down. "Jace, right?"

3. - Top - End - #1263
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

He nods "Yep. I thought I'd go with something generic. Ham and cheese for you." He sticks the food on a plate and lets go, which sails off on its own onto the table as Jace goes back to cooking (presumably for himself).
    At this point Zebes has sat himself on the table and has begun eating. Somehow he's downing the whole thing without making a mess. Including the coin.
    "Zebes, don't wipe your mouth on your wings." Jace says without turning around.
    Raac!
    "You'll get over it." he says with a smile.

4. - Top - End - #1264
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Jace's Place

It's after a few bites that Dante's hunger reasserts itself. He plows through it like a man who hasn't eaten since he can remember, which would not be a completely inaccurate description. It's only after he's completely finished his plate that Dante can find the room to speak. "So... are you from Nexus? What kind of place is this?"

5. - Top - End - #1265
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

At this point Jace has finished making his own meal and sat down with it, so Zebes has to answer for him to save him the trouble of talking with his mouth full.
    We came here a few months ago. And this is a house, maybe a condo if you're getting into architectural terms, but I'm pretty sure that's not what you're referring to.

6. - Top - End - #1266
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Jace's Place

"No, I know what a house and a condo is. I should really start keeping a list of things I recognize. I'm just trying to figure some things out about Nexus. Try to figure out where I should be going. What I should be doing. As far as I know, having headaches that make things explode shouldn't be normal."

7. - Top - End - #1267
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

Jace swallows his food and gives him a serious look.
    "Well, for starters, the answers to both those questions can be 'anything.' If you can think of it, you'll find it somewhere if you look hard enough. As to where, I can point you in the right direction, but you can stay here for a while if you want. It's not exactly safe to be walking around without your memory. And with your headaches, can you describe it to me? I had the same problem when I was a kid."
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2013-03-06 at 02:10 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1268
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Jace's Place

"Describe it? I don't know... It's a burning sensation and a chilling sensation and bunch of other different things, all painful, at the same time. Then the pain flares up, and something bad usually happens. Then it seems like there's less pressure than before. I can't explain it, but it almost feels like there's something else inside my head."

9. - Top - End - #1269
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fortress Mountain

The only muscles they don't build... Are those needed to smile.
    Oh gog I can't believe I wrote that sentence even as a joke
    As for absorbing ambient heat, good luck there. With the supercoolant cloud having dissolved into the air and all the wintery, icy death being thrown about, there's not much left to absorb... And honestly, does she really think they can't guess what she's after? As stealthy as Clarissa might be she's also pretty predictable.

This would be why Day isn't going to give her time to stall. "Here's our terms. You provide this organization with as much food as we require, free of any substance harmful to us or our guests, with no attached terms on it's use- Because hell no is he losing his soul over a stray breadcrumb. Besides, I would think wasting food would be a worse exercise of gluttony than gorging upon it, if you consider the reasoning behind it being counted as a sin.

- You'll also swear to never again come within fifty miles of our bases without permission, nor attempt, suggest or instigate any kind of attack upon us or hinder any of our plans. In return, we won't purposefully initiate any sort of attack on you, or anyone immediately related by blood to you." Worded specifically to rule out trying to cheat by jumping in front of a bullet or tricksy bs like that.

"Finally, you're gonna heal my brothers of whatever you've done to them without adding any unwanted little extras. These are what you get, either pull a contract with those exact words out right now or get ready to spend an eternity in cold storage."
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2013-03-07 at 03:36 AM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

10. - Top - End - #1270
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Jace's Place

"Describe it? I don't know... It's a burning sensation and a chilling sensation and bunch of other different things, all painful, at the same time. Then the pain flares up, and something bad usually happens. Then it seems like there's less pressure than before. I can't explain it, but it almost feels like there's something else inside my head."
    "Hmm...it doesn't sound like what would happen to me. It's entirely possible that you're right, but that's not my forte. If you ask around you could probably find an expert on that sort of thing. "

11. - Top - End - #1271
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    "Hmm...it doesn't sound like what would happen to me. It's entirely possible that you're right, but that's not my forte. If you ask around you could probably find an expert on that sort of thing. "
    "Have any idea where I should start?" Dante asks hopefully. "If I don't do something, I might accidentally hurt someone sooner or later."

12. - Top - End - #1272
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

"Well, there's a hospital here in Inside, and GLoG is also well-known for having good medical facilities. I'm fairly sure they'd need to know about supernatural afflictions to stay in business, but I can't guarantee that they'll know what's going on. And like I said, you don't have to do everything now, not when you barely even know who you are."
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2013-03-07 at 03:40 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1273
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Jace's Place

Somehow Dante isn't confident a hospital would be good for him. But he doesn't recognize the other terminology. "GLoG? What's that?"

14. - Top - End - #1274
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

Zebes takes this one.
    It stands for Good League of Good. I believe the redundancy was intended. They've got the whole "supporting those in need" shtick going on. Charity and aid and all that stuff.

15. - Top - End - #1275
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Arthur's Apartment]

After an unspecified amount of time in which Arthur was in a hospital, he finally returns to his apartment. Place was probably robbed. He grumbles to himself quietly as he ascends to the second floor, turns the key, and enters the apartment.

Needless to say, he's not in a pleasant mood. Hospital food sucks, the nurses sucked, everything sucked. He's just glad that he can move again.
    Vespe Ratavo slowly destroys the GRIMDARKNESS of Warhammer 40K

Spoiler
    Show
    Originally Said by Vespe Ratavo

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:
    That could really be used to justify anything...

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

Let's Play Space Empires V

16. - Top - End - #1276
    Troll in the Playground

Arthur's Place

Arthur might hear a sound from the kitchen, followed by the click of a gun. "Don't move a --- ARTHUR?!"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #1277

[Arthur's Place]

Arthur's first reaction is to drop his key and raise his hands into the air.

Then he recognizes the voice. "Willow what are you doing here."

Spoiler
    Show

Stealing romance novels from the tech-priests...we've seriously hit a new low...
    Destro says:
    Ok, it's allowed this once, but only because it gives Vespe the chance to crack awesome jokes

Vespe says:

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

18. - Top - End - #1278
    Troll in the Playground

Arthur's Place

"Watering your plants. WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!"
    Willow does put the safety back on the gun and return it to her thigh holster. She's kind of quivering in a state of indecision. Part of her is telling her to hug him very very tightly and another part telling her not to touch him in case he's breakable.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #1279

[Arthur's Apartment]

"I'm here because it's my apartment." He gives her a look implying he thinks she's not all there in the head. "Why do you have a gun? And why are you so jumpy? And...loud." He sloooowly closes the door, kind of scared of where this is going to go.

Spoiler
    Show

Destro says:

Vespe says:

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

20. - Top - End - #1280
    Troll in the Playground

Arthur's Apartment

"I mean up, walking. Not in a body cast. And I figured anyone who showed up here was not likely to be a friend. Hence the gun."

Arthur might remember something about now. He doesn't have plants. Or didn't. There does seem to be a bit of greenery around the corner.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #1281

[Arthur's Apartment]

Arthur peers around Willow to look down the hallway, and indeed spots the greenery. "I got better- Did you bring plants in here? Willow, what have you been doing to my apartment? I do have friends who come over once in a while. You know that, right?"

Spoiler
    Show

Destro says:

Vespe says:

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

22. - Top - End - #1282
    Troll in the Playground

Arthur's Apartment

"It looked sterile. I didn't want to paint or get new furniture without your input, but I figured plants would be okay. Better than a cat or a dog, anyway."
    Willow says. "Are you really better? All better? Cross your heart?"

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #1283

[Arthur's Apartment]

Arthur idly walks over in Willow's general direction, surveying the rest of the apartment, seemingly ignoring Willow's question. He lets a small smile cross his face, as if amused by something. "I guess I can appreciate what you did to the place." His tail remains conspicuously still. Normally, it at least moves with the rest of his body in fluid motions.

Spoiler
    Show

Destro says:

Vespe says:

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

24. - Top - End - #1284
    Troll in the Playground

Arthur's Apartment

Arthur will see a few floor planters and a couple of hanging baskets near the window. She probably spent quite a bit of money on it. But, you know - spoiled rich girl.

"Don't toy with me, Arthur."
    Willow says, with a warning note in her voice. The kind that says 'If you keep going down this path, there will be much pain in your life'.

Though probably not 'bus on the head' pain.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #1285

[Arthur's Apartment]

He pauses for a second, looking at her slightly confused, before realization sets in. His eyes grow to the size of dinner plates and he shrieks. "Craaaap, I'm doing it again!" He then proceeds to...slap himself. Twice.

After a second of deep breathing and clear thought, he opens his eyes again, and grins, before speaking in a slightly more strained voice. "I guess I can appreciate what you did with the place."

He has an...interesting way of getting ahold of himself under these circumstances.

Spoiler
    Show

Destro says:

Vespe says:

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

26. - Top - End - #1286
    Troll in the Playground

Arthur's Apartment

Willow tries to catch his hands. "Self mutilation is not the answer here, Tiger. You don't have to like the plants. I can donate them to a church or something if you don't want them. But you do have to tell me how you are, in detail, because the last time I saw you, you were Not Well."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #1287

[Arthur's Apartment]

A moment's silence passes as Arthur gets his wits about him without much more stress. "It's fine. I'm OK. All my bones are back together. My organs aren't mashed. I actually do like the plants." He smiles pleasantly. It's genuine, not the 'seducer's smirk.' He hugs Willow, and holds her a little close. "Thanks for watching my place, babe. Really. It means a lot."

Spoiler
    Show

Destro says:

Vespe says:

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

28. - Top - End - #1288
    Troll in the Playground

Arthur's Place

Willow hugs him back, her tension melting away. "I'm glad you're home."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #1289

[Arthur's Apartment]

"So am I. I hate hospital food." Laughing a little at his lame joke, he reaches into one of his suit (yes, he's still wearing the suit) pockets and produces a small box. "Listen, I picked this up for you on the way home." It looks like a jewelry box. Not very ornate, but, it's clear that's what it's meant to be.

Spoiler
    Show

Destro says:

Vespe says:

Destro says:
    You may NOT have a Titan

30. - Top - End - #1290
    Troll in the Playground

Arthur's Apartment

One hopes he had the suit cleaned at some point.

Willow gives him a peck on the lips, then takes the box and opens it.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs