New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1494
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 13: Insert Silly Title Here

Hadlin's Room

The beetle goes about waking someone in the matter most suited to a beetle: scrabbling all over Hadlin's face.

That's not very nice, beetle. You're going to give him odd dreams before he wakes up.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hadlin's Room]

Immediately upon the beetle touching his face, Hadlin lets out a "Huagh!", sits up, grabs whatever's handy (its horn, in this case) and throws.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Jace's Place

If Jace can still see the auras inside Dante, he may see the red aura of rage simmer back down to the level of the other auras for now, at the same time that Dante starts panting, out of breath. "So... what now?"
    "Well, he says, Now we start on a solution. Lucky for you I'm pretty good at making magic stuff. Not good enough to open my own store or anything. Do you have a preference in hats? Things that involve the mind usually have to be made into hats."
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hadlin's Room

The beetle flies through the air and lands on the floor. A moment later, as the summoner wakes up, he will hear a voice...

Hadlin? Sorry to bug you at this hour, but I'm on a tight schedule. Are you good to ponder important magical decisions? I have an offer for you that you might find most intriguing.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hadlin's Room]

It should be fairly obvious that Hadlin is not a morning person from his bloodshot eyes. or perhaps that's just because he was woken up in the middle of the night.

"I... what? Who...?" He groans and lays back down. He's not asleep again, but he's very much still half-asleep.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hadlin's Room

You know, four more hours wouldn't really kill my plans, but I'm here right now. Also, instead of telling you my name I'm going to just keep talking until you remember. I like to think I have a distinctive enough voice to do that. Would you like a cup of coffee? Some tea? I'm breaking into your house in the middle of the night, it's only nice of me to be the one to provide refreshments.

The beetle scuttles up onto any kind of bedside table that Hadlin might have, to give him a good look at what's talking to him in a voice from a godlike entity he met a while back.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hadlin's Room]

"Drink... ung.... wake me up." as close as a request for coffee as there's going to be right there. he still hasn't quite opened his eyes though.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hadlin's Room

The beetle reaches behind the bedside table and pulls out a tall cup of piping hot coffee. It's one of the modern paper cups from a coffee house; the sleeve on the cup claims it's from "Beyond the Stars-Bucks". It smells really good!

Here's a little something, good for waking you up but not enough to keep you from going back to sleep as long as you don't drag it out too long. As long as you have some kind of caffeine tolerance, anyway.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hadlin's Room]

Hadlin will take the cup and drink its contents, apparently having a high enough heat tolerance to get it all down in two or three goes.

It'll take a few minutes to orient himself before he says, "Right, you're the entity from the alley. What can we do for each other this..." he looks at the clock, "... early morning?"

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Jace's Place

"A hat?" Dante raises an eyebrow skeptically. He's definitely not the type for hats. "What would a hat do?"

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hadlin's Room

I understand you don't have a familiar yet? It just so happens I found an unfortunate fairy in an unfortunate situation, and I figured the two of you could help each other.

The beetle is making oddly human gestures with it's head and front legs, which frankly makes it even more obvious it's not a natural thing.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hadlin's Room]

Hadlin, by and large, isn't bothered by the beetle-appearance the Lost One has chosen to adopt, "This is true, yes, but why would I want a familiar, much less this one?"

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Jace's Place

"A hat?" Dante raises an eyebrow skeptically. He's definitely not the type for hats. "What would a hat do?"
    Jace puts a pensive hand to his chin. "It's the easiest form. I could try to make it in something else, like a bonded object. The point is that I'm pretty confident in my ability to make something to help you have better control of your own abilities. I just don't want to put in something lame. Because without anything I really can't recommend you go out, not with a chance of you frying passer-by."

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hadlin's Room

For the endless loyalty and flexibility of a fine being at your side? For a companion on your long journey? For something that wants you to survive just as much as you do? The list of reasons is long enough, the main thing standing against everyone having one is the difficulty of getting one.

The beetle then leans forward, conspiratorially. And this particular fairy used to be a strong forest spirit! Although its forest is gone, if it's given a replacement anchor it'll still be more powerful than most other creatures commonly chosen as familiars. Intelligent, creative, and capable of operating on its own for extended periods of time. I know that not everyone considers those perks, but you struck me as the type that would appreciate them.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hadlin's Room]

Hadlin lets out a breath. Really, this was a good deal, assuming the fairy was up for it, "Right then. Let me get dressed and we'll see." unless the Lost One stops him, Hadlin will stand up and pull a shirt off the floor, his cloak off the back of the chair at the nearby writing desk, and a pair of socks and boots from the mat near the door.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hadlin's Room

The Lost One waits patiently, letting Hadlin get all the way dressed before continuing.

There is one issue... in order to bridge the gap between what you usually do and how this fairy works, special preparations have to be made. I've already figured it all out; I just need a few drops of blood and I can blur the difference enough that your magic will have no trouble in the process.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hadlin's Room]

Hadlin frowns, "What guarantee do I have that you won't use my blood for another purpose?"

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hadlin's Room

Because if I wanted to use your blood for ulterior purposes I would have taken the form of a bedbug or mosquito and just take them. Or a small shadow, having seeped in under your door, into your mouth, through your intestines, and into your blood stream, or other such methods that would leave you utterly unaware that it happened. Besides, if I only wanted genetic material I could have lifted a hair that fell off your head. And once I had that, I could make it into a full copy of you and get your blood that way.

Actually, that's a good idea. I'll have to try that sometime.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hadlin's Room]

Hadlin stares at the large beetle for a moment, before reaching into a back pocket of his robe to pull out his athame. He draws it across his left arm to draw some blood, and offers it to the beetle.

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Troll in the Playground

[Terry's Apartment]

...and it's at this point that Lucy, hair still wet and wrapped in a towel, looks into Terry's lab, peeking around the doorway.

"...I heard shouting," she...er, he, says, sounding slightly concerned but with her slightly amused expression indicating she may have been eavesdropping a bit more than she's letting on. "Is everything alright?"

She notes the fixing of Terry's feet with some approval. The lack of the tail, perhaps, not quite so much.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Jace's Place

"Control would be good. Um... I'm not sure what I'd want though. I don't think I'm much of a hat person. At least not that I can remember."

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

"Hmm, well I suppose I could also try a simple bond. It wouldn't be as easy on you, but it would likely make it much easier for you to focus on and channel energy through. That's what Zebes does for me. I suppose it could be anything. Your board could work, but unless you can shrink it it's not exactly portable. And something tells me you're not enough of an animal person to want a familiar."

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Jace's Place

"I don't think I'd mix well with small animals right now." Dante agreed. Even if this did work, any number of things could go wrong if his powers were any indication.

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

Jace nods. There's a very faint aww
    "Alright, then these are the options I can try, for now: I can try to just make a, *ahem* 'simple' magic item for helping you keep mental control. I've seen them made, although they were always hats. I'd have to see what I can do about that. Would take me a while. Or, I could bond something to you, which is much faster, cheaper, and would help you focus your own abilities. It's not guaranteed, however, and will entirely hinge on your effort. I doubt either could completely solve the problem, but where you are now something needs to be done."

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Jace's Place

"The second option sounds better. But I have no idea what would you'd bond. As far as I can tell, all I have is the clothes on my back and my board." Dante still isn't quite sure what Jace means by 'bond,' his flavor of magic being unfamiliar to him.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

"Your board could work, but it can be a bit impractical since you can't exactly bring that everywhere. A bonded object should be carried at all times; you might have some discomfort if separated far from it. But it can be anything. A ring, a pebble, anything. I really shouldn't pick something like that for you."

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Jace's Place

Dante stands up and goes to collect his board. "I don't really have anything else, and I don't plan on leaving this anywhere. Not when it's really my only connection to... whatever I am." If Jace's various arcane sights are still active, he would notice several powerful magical enchantments within the board itself. No active presences like in Dante, but it might seem similar to the "bond" Jace is talking about.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

Jace frowns sarcastically. "Aw, someone already enhanced your board. I wanted to do that. Let's see if they made any connection to you. Do you feel any different when you hold it? Any different at all?"

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Jace's Place

Dante's brow furrows. "I don't feel any different." Jace's divinations would show that the board is indeed linked to the magical forces inside Dante. It does seem to act as a focus for the energies, partially siphoning off some of the magic and adapting its signature energies to synchronize with the fiery aura that's been causing so much trouble lately. Presumably the board could synch with the other presences inside Dante as well. Not that Dante's aware of any of this.

The magicks are still somewhat unstable, however, even with the board. Complete control is still lacking.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

Jace smiles with recognition. "All right, this thing is definitely synched to your brand with power. I imagine the magic is meant to shape itself based on the most dominant entity in there with you. I'd love to know how this works, but it's best that I not tamper with it. Too much of a risk for you. "