New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 84: Goblins and catgirls and dryads, oh my!

[Maple Cabin]

"Asking around, right." Kitty thinks for a moment. Dang, she really has no idea. "Any chance there'd be someone around here that could help?" She doesn't have any idea if there is herself.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Marty! she yelps in surprise, as her feet drop back to the floor. Vidalia then shakes her head as she stands and sits back on her bed facing him. I don't understand the question. Why am I your friend? Why would I want to be your friend? Or is it, Am I really your friend?

So I'll answer all three. Why not? I like being friendly with a lot of people. And, I think I am.
    she crosses her legs, and knits her fingers together over the top knee. Does that help?
    Marty frowns, he hadn't meant to startle Vidalia. So, he moves off the chair and moves to sit by her, hoping that this was the right thing to do. M-Most of m-my f-friends forgot about m-me when....It...n-nevermind. I'm j-just n-not g-great company...f-for someone as b-beautiful as y-you.... He looks down at the floor, obviosuly unfamiliar with being around people, especially someone like Vidalia.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    He nods curtly, starting to get annoyed with the man. Well, I took quite some time as a guidance counselor in the church. So, if my duties as a priest are not needed, perhaps I can assist the troubled people that surely inhabit this place.
    [Main Room]

Not a good option to get annoyed. At least this is an interview.

"That depends on how far your experience go with 'troubled people', as you call them."

Hatter may rethink how he acts in front of Andy, because he sounds very annoyed now.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Justin Mine approaches the Primary building of GLoG with an apprehensive look on his face. He's about to ask someone he doesn't know for a pretty big favor and he has a hard enough time asking for things from people who like him.

Poking his head through the door and taking off a Santa hat he had been wearing earlier, he looks around for Reelshka. They've never formally met, but he probably knows what she looks like from the wolfen wedding, All else fails, goblin-that-is-not-Brinika is probably good enough to go with.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Main Room]

Not a good option to get annoyed. At least this is an interview.

"That depends on how far your experience go with 'troubled people', as you call them."

Hatter may rethink how he acts in front of Andy, because he sounds very annoyed now.
    Hackett is very much beginning to get annoyed. Andy is taking everything he says the wrong way! Troubled people? As in people who've been disturbed. Pyschologically. I was a special member of the church, I worked with people suffering from insanity and other such delusions.

6. - Top - End - #1326

[Entrance . . . place . . . thingy. I don't even.]

"Heeeeeey," Comes a fairly pitiful sounding cry of the person who just walked into the compound.
    "Heeeeeeeey," she cries again, with that raspy tone of someone who's been inhaling too much smoke for too long.
    "Anyone?"

She asks, turning to look around. The act of turning around makes it fairly obvious she's not doing so well. The floor length trench coat she's wearing has a handful of small, irregularly shaped holes, she's coated in dirt, mud, and grime. Oh! And she's got wings! They used to be white and feathery, they're now rather brown, and her right wing is nearly severed about a third of the way up.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

7. - Top - End - #1327

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    [Entrance . . . place . . . thingy. I don't even.]

"Heeeeeey," Comes a fairly pitiful sounding cry of the person who just walked into the compound.
    "Heeeeeeeey," she cries again, with that raspy tone of someone who's been inhaling too much smoke for too long.
    "Anyone?"

She asks, turning to look around. The act of turning around makes it fairly obvious she's not doing so well. The floor length trench coat she's wearing has a handful of small, irregularly shaped holes, she's coated in dirt, mud, and grime. Oh! And she's got wings! They used to be white and feathery, they're now rather brown, and her right wing is nearly severed about a third of the way up.
    Entrance Thingy

Normally she wouldn't be allowed this far away from the cabin, but because of a certain present from Wolfy Claws and in preparation for a trip, Prism has been allowed to explore the camp a bit each day without her mother standing over her like a hawk. The little girl looks to be about four years old, and as per her name has white, sparklingly prismatic skin that reflects different colors when looked at from different angles. Her eyes are silver, and she has a few strands of coal black hair sticking out from under a winter toque. Her three diamond-tipped tails doodle lines as they drag through the snow behind her, turning the snow they touch different colors as she walks up to the lady.

The strange little girl's curiosity is evident not by her face, but because of the fact that she's empathically projecting it to anything that can feel it. She's rather shyly staring down at the ground and only briefly glancing up at the winged woman before blushing purple or some other strange color from embarrassment.

"Are you alright lady? Do you need help?" She asks quietly, concern also joining the mixture of curiosity and shyness in the aura of emotions she exudes.

Spoiler
    Show
    And hey, have an outdated avi of her for reference while I'm at it!
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2013-01-19 at 08:40 PM.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

8. - Top - End - #1328

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Entrance Thingy

Normally she wouldn't be allowed this far away from the cabin, but because of a certain present from Wolfy Claws and in preparation for a trip, Prism has been allowed to explore the camp a bit each day without her mother standing over her like a hawk. The little girl looks to be about four years old, and as per her name has white, sparklingly prismatic skin that reflects different colors when looked at from different angles. Her eyes are silver, and she has a few strands of coal black hair sticking out from under a winter toque. Her three diamond-tipped tails doodle lines as they drag through the snow behind her, turning the snow they touch different colors as she walks up to the lady.

The strange little girl's curiosity is evident not by her face, but because of the fact that she's empathically projecting it to anything that can feel it. She's rather shyly staring down at the ground and only briefly glancing up at the winged woman before blushing purple or some other strange color from embarrassment.

"Are you alright lady? Do you need help?" She asks quietly, concern also joining the mixture of curiosity and shyness in the aura of emotions she exudes.

Spoiler
    Show
    And hey, have an outdated avi of her for reference while I'm at it!
    "I . . . I . . . whaa?" The Lady asks, her voice raspy and blinking a few times, though her gaze is one of someone who is not entirely there right now.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

9. - Top - End - #1329

"I . . . I . . . whaa?" The Lady asks, her voice raspy and blinking a few times, though her gaze is one of someone who is not entirely there right now.
    Entrance Thingy

Prism coughs a bit and then tries to speak louder, though she doesn't like speaking up, "Are you okay lady? I asked if you needed help because you look hurt." She doesn't come any closer, still wary of new people, but it looks like she wants to if it will help whoever just stumbled into the camp.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #1330

Entrance Thingy

Prism coughs a bit and then tries to speak louder, though she doesn't like speaking up, "Are you okay lady? I asked if you needed help because you look hurt." She doesn't come any closer, still wary of new people, but it looks like she wants to if it will help whoever just stumbled into the camp.
    Enturansu Thingy

"I . . . oh. I'm . . . okay."
    Pro tip: She's so not okay.
    "Who," another pause, "is in charge?
    I should report . . . in . . ."

And that's when she passes out, falls to her knees, then faceplants into the dirt.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1331

Enturansu Thingy

"I . . . oh. I'm . . . okay."
    Pro tip: She's so not okay.
    "Who," another pause, "is in charge?
    I should report . . . in . . ."

And that's when she passes out, falls to her knees, then faceplants into the dirt.
    Entrance (for short!)

Noooo! Prism doesn't know the answer to that question and now the lady is unconscious! The shy little girl clutches at one of her tails and nibbles the tip, not knowing what to do. If she ran off to get Sophie then it might be too late to help her, but she's way too big for Prism to carry on her own.

Welp, time to abuse her inborn advantages for the sake of others! Prism, being part-starspawn through as unlikely a set of circumstances as you'll ever find in the Nexus, has access to a small amount of reality-bending power that she can use in exchange for her own biomass. She's not as good at it as her sister, or as her reincarnated father was before he came back to life as something other than a squid-person, so she rarely uses it.

But it's time to make an exception. Scurrying up to the lady's side he puts her hands out and focuses prismatic energy through them, trying to heal whatever's wrong with her enough that she can wake up again by making the problems un-exist. If the damage is too extensive then she'll stop before she starves herself, but she's hoping she can at least wake this lady up so she'll know what to do.
    Last edited by Slii Arhem; 2013-01-19 at 10:01 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1332

Entrance (for short!)

Noooo! Prism doesn't know the answer to that question and now the lady is unconscious! The shy little girl clutches at one of her tails and nibbles the tip, not knowing what to do. If she ran off to get Sophie then it might be too late to help her, but she's way too big for Prism to carry on her own.

Welp, time to abuse her inborn advantages for the sake of others! Prism, being part-starspawn through as unlikely a set of circumstances as you'll ever find in the Nexus, has access to a small amount of reality-bending power that she can use in exchange for her own biomass. She's not as good at it as her sister, or as her reincarnated father was before he came back to life as something other than a squid-person, so she rarely uses it.

But it's time to make an exception. Scurrying up to the lady's side he puts her hands out and focuses prismatic energy through them, trying to heal whatever's wrong with her enough that she can wake up again by making the problems un-exist. If the damage is too extensive then she'll stop before she starves herself, but she's hoping she can at least wake this lady up so she'll know what to do.
    Enturansu

Well, let's see; she has multiple aaaalmost broken bones (read, nearly all of them), quite a bit of internal bleeding, a multitude of scrapes, bruises, and small bits of rock imbedded into the skin on her entire left side, and her entire body's suffering from quite a lot of shock and trauma.

If it looks like she was stuck somewhere that got shelled by artillery for entirely too long, well, that's good. Because that's exactly what happened.

So up to you how much is healed.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1333

Enturansu

Well, let's see; she has multiple aaaalmost broken bones (read, nearly all of them), quite a bit of internal bleeding, a multitude of scrapes, bruises, and small bits of rock imbedded into the skin on her entire left side, and her entire body's suffering from quite a lot of shock and trauma.

If it looks like she was stuck somewhere that got shelled by artillery for entirely too long, well, that's good. Because that's exactly what happened.

So up to you how much is healed.
    Entrance

That is waaaay too much for a little girl to heal, even on a full stomach. Still, she doesn't have to heal all of that if she's smart about it... Prism will heal any head wounds or concusions she might have and make her pain go away by sort of shoomphing it into a hazy mist that should exit the woman's body through an ear and slither off into the snow. Now maybe she can wake up and not be in shock!

Doesn't solve all those other problems yet, but it should get Prism closer to finding out what she can do to help the lady properly. The little girl will reach down and try to gently shake her shoulder to wake her, careful not to jostle the broken wing too much.

(If it helps, think of the pain removal like a temporary sedative. Might last for about an hour before she's hurting again.)

14. - Top - End - #1334

Entrance

That is waaaay too much for a little girl to heal, even on a full stomach. Still, she doesn't have to heal all of that if she's smart about it... Prism will heal any head wounds or concusions she might have and make her pain go away by sort of shoomphing it into a hazy mist that should exit the woman's body through an ear and slither off into the snow. Now maybe she can wake up and not be in shock!

Doesn't solve all those other problems yet, but it should get Prism closer to finding out what she can do to help the lady properly. The little girl will reach down and try to gently shake her shoulder to wake her, careful not to jostle the broken wing too much.

(If it helps, think of the pain removal like a temporary sedative. Might last for about an hour before she's hurting again.)
    The head-wound healing actually helps quite a lot, and she does come to quickly.
    "The frig hit me . . . ?" She asks quietly, pushing herself up onto her hands and knees, though that causes her broken wing-tip to flop over painfully, and she winces slightly.
    "And where am I?" She asks, looking up at Prism.
    Her eyes, though, still have that hollow, haunted look about them.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1335

The head-wound healing actually helps quite a lot, and she does come to quickly.
    "The frig hit me . . . ?" She asks quietly, pushing herself up onto her hands and knees, though that causes her broken wing-tip to flop over painfully, and she winces slightly.
    "And where am I?" She asks, looking up at Prism.
    Her eyes, though, still have that hollow, haunted look about them.
    Entrance

Prism is immediately back to being shy now that she's up again, and steps backwards to avoid hurting her anymore.

"You're in the campground. My name's Prism, who're you?" Probably not the best idea to waste time with introductions, but what else is she going to do?

Seriously, she has no idea what to do now. She's only a toddler and this is definitely a big person problem.

16. - Top - End - #1336

Entrance

Prism is immediately back to being shy now that she's up again, and steps backwards to avoid hurting her anymore.

"You're in the campground. My name's Prism, who're you?" Probably not the best idea to waste time with introductions, but what else is she going to do?

Seriously, she has no idea what to do now. She's only a toddler and this is definitely a big person problem.
    "Lance Corporal Orianna Kven, Her Majesty's Royal Army, Second Airborne, Third~" Here she pauses, and rests her forehead on the ground.
    "Head. Hurts."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1337

"Lance Corporal Orianna Kven, Her Majesty's Royal Army, Second Airborne, Third~" Here she pauses, and rests her forehead on the ground.
    "Head. Hurts."
    Entrance

Oh, darn, pain's already coming back then. Well, Prism knows her name now, and she's probably not in massive danger of dying right this instant...

"Should I go for help? The hopital place isn't far and I can run fast." She lisps slightly, preparing to go get help if Orianna says it's necessary. She doesn't know how bad things are but she's sure she could get someone now that she's stabilized the winged woman a bit.

18. - Top - End - #1338

Entrance

Oh, darn, pain's already coming back then. Well, Prism knows her name now, and she's probably not in massive danger of dying right this instant...

"Should I go for help? The hopital place isn't far and I can run fast." She lisps slightly, preparing to go get help if Orianna says it's necessary. She doesn't know how bad things are but she's sure she could get someone now that she's stabilized the winged woman a bit.
    Ori nods a few times, then rests her head against the ground again.
    "That . . . would be appreciated."
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1339

Entrance -> 'Hopital'

Prism puts one hand on the snow next to Ori, turning it bright pink so that she'll be extra easy to spot from a distance on the way back with a grownup.

Then she takes off, heading for the infirmary to grab the first nurse/doctor she can find. The only explanation she'll give without prompting is that there's a hurt winged lady in the snow by the entrance, saying it softly but clearly and exuding a feeling of urgency to everyone near her.

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

As it happens, Quinn is here. Doing paperwork. As usual.

Hopefully the universe won't implode in an apocalpyse of Tobian proportions by her and Ori being in the same place.

And when Prism arrives, she takes in the explanation quickly, grabbing a medical kit and motioning for the little Farspawn to lead the way!

Which happens.
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2013-01-20 at 01:48 AM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

21. - Top - End - #1341

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Hackett is very much beginning to get annoyed. Andy is taking everything he says the wrong way! Troubled people? As in people who've been disturbed. Pyschologically. I was a special member of the church, I worked with people suffering from insanity and other such delusions.
    [Main Room]

He either does or it's the truth and Andy get's closer. Just a point of few and bad spelling from Hackett

"So your a psychiatrist as well? Let's stop here."

He sights and takes a deep breath.

"I think it's best if you try to get somewhere else. Maybe you go to WATCHTOWER since they got undead apocalypse. As far as I listened to you I can't really find a reason to hire you and not worry about people around here."

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    [Main Cabin]

Justin Mine approaches the Primary building of GLoG with an apprehensive look on his face. He's about to ask someone he doesn't know for a pretty big favor and he has a hard enough time asking for things from people who like him.

Poking his head through the door and taking off a Santa hat he had been wearing earlier, he looks around for Reelshka. They've never formally met, but he probably knows what she looks like from the wolfen wedding, All else fails, goblin-that-is-not-Brinika is probably good enough to go with.
    Justil will see Reelshka sitting in a goblin-sized armchair in front of the fireplace. When she hears him, she turns around. She remembers him as a friend of the Applehills' and she saw him speak to Brinika and Keo.
    "Hello. May I help you?"
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

23. - Top - End - #1343

[Main Cabin]

"Ah, hi. Miss Reelshka? I'm Justin Mine, I'm friends with the Applehills," Justin says as he walks in slowly stuffing the hat into his bag. "From what I know, you're sort of the Commander in Chief around here, so I was hoping I could ask you for a favor."

My Characters

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

Reelshka smiles. Commander in chief. Not a title she's ever heard before.
    "Ask away and I'll see what I can do."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

25. - Top - End - #1345

[Main Cabin]

Good, she thinks he's funny. Justin fiddles with the strap of his duffle-bag as he speaks. "The refugee-slaves we brought in want to learn how defend themselves, and I offered to teach them how to shoot, so can I teach them on the campgrounds?"

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Brinika struggles with the concept. Even though she's spent a lot of time on the surface, she still grew up underground and plants still confuse her.
    "But there's noting in the sunshine to eat."
    [Salix's Sapling]

"Yeah there is, but only plants can get it." Salix says. She can too of course, but that's so trivial to her she doesn't even think to mention it. "Plants get water and stuff from the ground, sunshine, and they breathe too."

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Main Room]

He either does or it's the truth and Andy get's closer. Just a point of few and bad spelling from Hackett

"So your a psychiatrist as well? Let's stop here."

He sights and takes a deep breath.

"I think it's best if you try to get somewhere else. Maybe you go to WATCHTOWER since they got undead apocalypse. As far as I listened to you I can't really find a reason to hire you and not worry about people around here."
    Hackett nods. As you wish, goodbye. I do not understand your reasoning for sending me away so soon, but I will not argue. Goodbye, perhaps we will meet eachother again. He picks up his suitcase and tips his hat. To Watchtower then.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Troll in the Playground

Salix's Sapling

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Brinika's ears twitch. "Why do trees need sun?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Salix's Sapling]

"Oh right." Salix drops the rest of the snow in her hands. That's probably high enough then. "Trees need sun to eat. It's like you need to eat food, trees and other plants need the sun to shine on their leaves." She explains for Brinika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Salix's Sapling]

"Yeah there is, but only plants can get it." Salix says. She can too of course, but that's so trivial to her she doesn't even think to mention it. "Plants get water and stuff from the ground, sunshine, and they breathe too."

"It's why so many people live aboveground. Goblins and other races were clever enough to learn how to live on fungus and lichen underground, but most of us eat plants, and our plants need sunshine."
    Vasi says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #1349

[Main Room]

Andy nods and gives him the direction of Watchtower. At least that guy didn't argue around, what may drag him into a better light for Andy.

After the guy is gone he sights in his char.

"One more of those and I go insane."

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Titan in the Playground

[Salix's Sapling]

Brinika nods, understanding dawning on her face... but then something Salix said hits her.
    "Plants breathe?" o.o This boggles the tiny goblin's mind. Boggles.

[Main Cabin]

Reelshka frowns slightly and her ears twitch.
    "I think it's fine that they want to learn to defend themselves, but... I'm not sure it's safe to learn how to shoot on the camgrounds."
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-01-20 at 01:41 PM.