New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2136373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 84: Goblins and catgirls and dryads, oh my!

[Salix's Sapling]

"Yeah, they breathe through their leaves. You never knew that?" It seems so strange to Sakix that that's not common knowledge.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Main Cabin]

Reelshka frowns slightly and her ears twitch.
    "I think it's fine that they want to learn to defend themselves, but... I'm not sure it's safe to learn how to shoot on the camgrounds."
    [Main Cabin]

Justin falters a bit at her frown. Of course the GLoG administrator wouldn't like guns. "Well, I, uh. My plan was to use fake guns and ammo, pellet guns, and maybe set up a range off to the side of the camp," he tries to explain. He didn't exactly make it clear he wasn't just going to have them shoot bullets in the middle of the camp. "But if you do feel that way, I could find a different place to teach them." This was mostly about making it convenient for them.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Maple Cabin]

"Asking around, right." Kitty thinks for a moment. Dang, she really has no idea. "Any chance there'd be someone around here that could help?" She doesn't have any idea if there is herself.
    [Maple Cabin]

"Not that I can think of. Granted, I don't know everyone here anymore. And I can'-"
    *flicker*

That's oh so very annoying. Ah well, he'll probably be back, soonish? I wouldn't bother waiting though. Soonish is a relative time measurement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin]

"Hmmm. Well, if you use fake guns and set it up out of everyone's way... maybe it won't be dangerous." Reelshka still sounds unsure as she says that, though.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ogre in the Playground

Leaving GLoG

So, Hackett readies himself to leave. He heads over to the gate carrying his suitcase, now determined to go to Watchtower. He seems a little bit bewildered. That was more of a confrontation then a business interview. Maybe he said something wrong. But, nothing he can do. Hackett begins to whistle "Pop goes the weasel" as he leaves.

6. - Top - End - #1356

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Entrance -> 'Hopital'

Prism puts one hand on the snow next to Ori, turning it bright pink so that she'll be extra easy to spot from a distance on the way back with a grownup.

Then she takes off, heading for the infirmary to grab the first nurse/doctor she can find. The only explanation she'll give without prompting is that there's a hurt winged lady in the snow by the entrance, saying it softly but clearly and exuding a feeling of urgency to everyone near her.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Infirmary]

As it happens, Quinn is here. Doing paperwork. As usual.

Hopefully the universe won't implode in an apocalpyse of Tobian proportions by her and Ori being in the same place.

And when Prism arrives, she takes in the explanation quickly, grabbing a medical kit and motioning for the little Farspawn to lead the way!

Which happens.
    Entrance Place Thingy

Pretty sure the universe is safe. But I've been wrong before.

Well, not too much I can do to this. Ori's still there! She's still resting with her forehead on the ground, and she's shaking slightly.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Marty frowns, he hadn't meant to startle Vidalia. So, he moves off the chair and moves to sit by her, hoping that this was the right thing to do. M-Most of m-my f-friends forgot about m-me when....It...n-nevermind. I'm j-just n-not g-great company...f-for someone as b-beautiful as y-you.... He looks down at the floor, obviosuly unfamiliar with being around people, especially someone like Vidalia.
    Vidalia reaches up to take Marty's chin. I'll be the judge of who's worthy of my affections, thank you very much. she says sternly. And one other thing I want to make clear, no one owns me, got that? she'll then try to caress his cheek. How I spend my time with my friends is my, and their, business.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Troll in the Playground

Entrance Place Thingy

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Pretty sure the universe is safe. But I've been wrong before.

Well, not too much I can do to this. Ori's still there! She's still resting with her forehead on the ground, and she's shaking slightly.
    Quinn will drop next to her with a gasp, and start to reach for Ori's shoulder.
    "Do you have bad reactions to positive energy?" she asks quickly.

See! She can learn something!
    From Reinholdt, even!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Vidalia reaches up to take Marty's chin. I'll be the judge of who's worthy of my affections, thank you very much. she says sternly. And one other thing I want to make clear, no one owns me, got that? she'll then try to caress his cheek. How I spend my time with my friends is my, and their, business.
    Marty smiles weakly. He doesn't move aside or shy away this time. Owning s-someone? W-What d-do y-you mean? Y-You're v-very k-kind t-to me....Your affections? Thank y-you...I c-came back, because the world out there scares m-me. I know that....he's out t-there still. I came here t-to run from everything else...I'm h-happy h-here...With y-you especially. He smiles at her once more, but more than anything he just seems sad. I w-want to see the beauty in l-life again...All I've ever w-wanted is h-happiness. Every time I f-find it, someone t-takes it. Kale....Sleet...The Inspector. The gnolls. He shrugs and lets her caress his cheek, this time seeming to enjoy it, and not shrug away from it. Have y-you ever buried s-someone y-you loved? He now seems to clench his fists and stare down at the floor.

10. - Top - End - #1360

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Entrance Place Thingy

Quinn will drop next to her with a gasp, and start to reach for Ori's shoulder.
    "Do you have bad reactions to positive energy?" she asks quickly.

See! She can learn something!
    From Reinholdt, even!
    Yeah. That place.

"Positive . . . what?"
    She asks, looking up and blinking uncomprehendingly.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

11. - Top - End - #1361

Entrance

"Healy magic like priests use Ms. Ori. Not like what I did." Prism supplies helpfully, peeking around from behind Quinn's legs shyly to make sure Ori isn't worsening too quickly. She could probably do some more even after all she's already done if Quinn can't help, she just doesn't want to get e-may si ate ed. Julie would worry something terrible if she came back home all thin and starving.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Troll in the Playground

[That Place, with Those Girls]

"That. Healing magic," Quinn says, fishing out a hypospray of conventional painkiller and applying it as she waits for an answer. She can do that right away!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #1363

[Main Cabin]

"Hmmm. Well, if you use fake guns and set it up out of everyone's way... maybe it won't be dangerous." Reelshka still sounds unsure as she says that, though.
    [Main Cabin]

Justin would very much prefer doing this with Reelshka's blessing. Sensing her doubt, he tries to assure her. "If your still on the fence that's fine. I promise safety will be my prime concern and no live ammo will go off on GLoG grounds."

My Characters

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Troll in the Playground

Salix's Sapling

Spoiler
    Show
    [Salix's Sapling]

Brinika nods, understanding dawning on her face... but then something Salix said hits her.
    "Plants breathe?" o.o This boggles the tiny goblin's mind. Boggles.
    [Salix's Sapling]

"Yeah, they breathe through their leaves. You never knew that?" It seems so strange to Sakix that that's not common knowledge.

"They don't make any noise when they breathe, and most of us can't hear the trees in any other way,"
    Vasi says to Salix.

Leaving GLoG

Leaving GLoG

So, Hackett readies himself to leave. He heads over to the gate carrying his suitcase, now determined to go to Watchtower. He seems a little bit bewildered. That was more of a confrontation then a business interview. Maybe he said something wrong. But, nothing he can do. Hackett begins to whistle "Pop goes the weasel" as he leaves.
    Hackett might be bowled over by a donkey, who is running amok and braying in distress. The reason for the distress is probably the soccer ball stuck on one of her hooves. She seems to have stepped through it, puncturing the ball, but getting it trapped on her right hindleg. It's also pretty easy to tell that the donkey is a she, because she's obviously going to give birth to a foal soon.

"Jenny! Jenny girl! Calm down, Jenny, it's okay!" An adult male voice will be heard, and soon the owner of the voice comes into view - a middle-aged hobbit, with a bit of grey in his hair, comes running after the donkey, trying to catch it.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Titan in the Playground

[Salix's Sapling]

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Salix's Sapling

"They don't make any noise when they breathe, and most of us can't hear the trees in any other way,"
    Vasi says to Salix.
    "This is soooo weird," Brinika says, her eyes still wide. "Noone has ever told me that. Even Aunt Reelshka, and she can tell trees apart." Which might not sound like much, but is actually quite a lot by goblin standards. Reelshka has to know about trees to know which ones are good for construction materials. "So they have like, tiny noses on their leaves?"

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    [Main Cabin]

Justin would very much prefer doing this with Reelshka's blessing. Sensing her doubt, he tries to assure her. "If your still on the fence that's fine. I promise safety will be my prime concern and no live ammo will go off on GLoG grounds."
    "I suppose it won't hurt to try," Reelshka says. "You can set this up away from the living quarters and then we'll see if it's safe. Otherwise we'll come up with another location."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

[Salix's Sapling]

"Oh yeah, I guess not." Salix forgets that she has much more of a connection to trees than everyone else. Brinika's next question throws her off, though. "Um, I don't really know. I just know they breathe somehow."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2013-01-21 at 03:55 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ogre in the Playground

Leaving GLoG

Hackett might be bowled over by a donkey, who is running amok and braying in distress. The reason for the distress is probably the soccer ball stuck on one of her hooves. She seems to have stepped through it, puncturing the ball, but getting it trapped on her right hindleg. It's also pretty easy to tell that the donkey is a she, because she's obviously going to give birth to a foal soon.

"Jenny! Jenny girl! Calm down, Jenny, it's okay!" An adult male voice will be heard, and soon the owner of the voice comes into view - a middle-aged hobbit, with a bit of grey in his hair, comes running after the donkey, trying to catch it.
    Hackett yelps as he's ran over and pushed to the side. His suitcase goes flying and there's a sound like crushed glass. He lands in the dirt, luckily without any kind of injury but a scrape or two. He looks up and there's a donkey running about with a soccerball stuck to it's leg. He frowns and snorts in disbelief, could he be imagining something? He picks himself up and moves to his suitcase. He notices the Hobbit running about. Um...sir? Do you need some kind of help there? Hackett has no clue how he could help. He really only knows how to calm down people or undead. Not animals. He never was an animal person. Oh...um....calm it down somehow? He begins to run over after the hobbit. He had a spell called "Calm". But it had been a while since he had cast any spells, a year or two now.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Troll in the Playground

Leaving GLoG

"Sorry! Just try and catch her before she hurts herself!" Brand calls out.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Titan in the Playground

[Salix's Sapling]

"Oh yeah, I guess not." Salix forgets that she has much more of a connection to trees than everyone else. Brinika's next question throws her off, though. "Um, I don't really know. I just know they breathe somehow."
    "I need to find out more about this," Brinika says. "Maybe there are some books about it."

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Bugbear in the Playground

Leaving GLoG

Andy tried to got after Hackett. He is holding a few papers in hand. As he sees the scene he slows down. He wants to see how Hackett reacts.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #1371

"I suppose it won't hurt to try," Reelshka says. "You can set this up away from the living quarters and then we'll see if it's safe. Otherwise we'll come up with another location."
    [Main Cabin]

"Thank you. That's all I need," he says smiling. "It'll take a bit to set up, but I'll tell you when we're ready to show you."

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground

[Salix's Sapling]

"Maybe, I dunno. Is there somewhere with books here?" A thought occurs to Salix at that moment. "Oh right, Auntie Reelshka told me she's gonna teach me how to read."

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ogre in the Playground

Leaving GLoG

"Sorry! Just try and catch her before she hurts herself!" Brand calls out.

Hackett nods solemnly. Well, his spell was harmless most likely. No way he could stop her with force. He hangs his head low, curtly nodding his chin, and then points a finger at the donkey. Unless she's immune to magic or some other effect, she ought to suddenly feel completely calm, almost sleepy. Most likely pausing her. Did it work?

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Troll in the Playground

Marty smiles weakly. He doesn't move aside or shy away this time. Owning s-someone? W-What d-do y-you mean? Y-You're v-very k-kind t-to me....Your affections? Thank y-you...I c-came back, because the world out there scares m-me. I know that....he's out t-there still. I came here t-to run from everything else...I'm h-happy h-here...With y-you especially. He smiles at her once more, but more than anything he just seems sad. I w-want to see the beauty in l-life again...All I've ever w-wanted is h-happiness. Every time I f-find it, someone t-takes it. Kale....Sleet...The Inspector. The gnolls. He shrugs and lets her caress his cheek, this time seeming to enjoy it, and not shrug away from it. Have y-you ever buried s-someone y-you loved? He now seems to clench his fists and stare down at the floor.
    Vidalia pauses and looks at Marty. The lays back, hands under her head. Yes. A few years back, actually.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

25. - Top - End - #1375
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Vidalia pauses and looks at Marty. The lays back, hands under her head. Yes. A few years back, actually.
    Amazingly, Marty will lie back with her. It seems he's finally starting to be a little more comfortable around her. W-Who? Was she close? He? If it w-was someone y-you truly loved....you know h-how it f-feels...How I f-feel...Do you miss her? Him? He turns his head to faces he, both Marty and Vidalia now lying on the bed. I've h-had t-to bury three loved ones...so m-much death...f-fear....But, y-you're here now...s-stay with m-me?

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Troll in the Playground

Salix's Sapling

[Salix's Sapling]

"Maybe, I dunno. Is there somewhere with books here?" A thought occurs to Salix at that moment. "Oh right, Auntie Reelshka told me she's gonna teach me how to read."
    About this time, a rather unpleasant smell begins to emanate from the region of Mikhail's diaper. "I need to take Mikhail inside and change him. You girls have fun." Vasi says.

She scoops up her baby and starts to head back to the Main Cabin.

Chasing Jenny

Hackett nods solemnly. Well, his spell was harmless most likely. No way he could stop her with force. He hangs his head low, curtly nodding his chin, and then points a finger at the donkey. Unless she's immune to magic or some other effect, she ought to suddenly feel completely calm, almost sleepy. Most likely pausing her. Did it work?
    Jenny slows to a walk, only occasionally kicking at the trapped leg. Brand quickly catches up to her and puts a rope around her neck. "Thank you, Sir. I appreciate it greatly. I was afraid she'd hurt herself and maybe lose the foal."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Titan in the Playground

[Salix's Sapling]

"Ooooh, maybe we could read together, then!" Brinika says as she waves goodbye to Vasilisa. Then something strikes her. "Why do you call her Auntie Reelshka?"

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    [Main Cabin]

"Thank you. That's all I need," he says smiling. "It'll take a bit to set up, but I'll tell you when we're ready to show you."
    "Alright. You know where to find me," Reelshka says with a nod.
    Last edited by Morty; 2013-01-22 at 12:56 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ogre in the Playground

[Salix's Sapling]

"Bye Vasi." Salix says. She gives Brinika a puzzled look when she poses her question. "That's what you call her, isn't it? Why wouldn't I call her that too?"

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Titan in the Playground

[Salix's Sapling]

"Oh." Brinika's ears twitch. "You don't know what 'auntie' means?"

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ogre in the Playground

[Salix's Sapling]

Salix shakes her head. "Nope. I thought it was just something you call someone. What's it mean?" Now she's confused.