New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] GLoG 84: Goblins and catgirls and dryads, oh my!

[Salix's Sapling]

"It means she's my mom's sister," Brinika explains.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ogre in the Playground

[Salix's Sapling]

"Oh, really? She never said anything about that when I called her that. Should I stop?" Salix asks.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Titan in the Playground

[Salix's Sapling]

Brinika's ears twitch again.
    "No, I guess it's okay. There's nothing wrong with it." Reelshka is a very aunt-y sort of person. "And she said she'd teach you to read? That's cool."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Alright. You know where to find me," Reelshka says with a nod.
    Main Cabin

"Thanks again," Justin says, leaving if that's all. That went remarkably well, of course, with Justin's tendency to expect the worst Reelshka not releasing the hounds would have been a decent run. With that Justin makes his way to the

[Kitchen]

Trying to make haste, Justin places a pair of jars on the counter, one orange and one yellow-brown, both with bits of fruit in them, tied together by a pair of Thanksmas ribbons. Leaving a card labeled To The Applehills resting in front of it, he tries to get out of there before he is noticed.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Ogre in the Playground

[Salix's Sapling]

That's a relief. Salix wasn't sure she'd remember to stop calling her auntie. It's become habit by now. "Yep! I dunno anything yet. I looked at the letter from Natalie's birthday, but I don't know what any of those little marks mean."

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Amazingly, Marty will lie back with her. It seems he's finally starting to be a little more comfortable around her. W-Who? Was she close? He? If it w-was someone y-you truly loved....you know h-how it f-feels...How I f-feel...Do you miss her? Him? He turns his head to faces he, both Marty and Vidalia now lying on the bed. I've h-had t-to bury three loved ones...so m-much death...f-fear....But, y-you're here now...s-stay with m-me?
    Actually, I mispoke. I didn't get to bury Corentin. Both he and I died defending the original Glog base from the invading cat-people. she rolls over to face Marty. The old Glog base was a lot better than this one. There was a garden, a clean swimming pool, and everyone had a private magical room that you just concentrated, and the room would change to your desires. Oh, and there was a huge armory and silly little droids that would stop you at the doorway and offer you cake. It was awesome.

((Actually, I forget how and when Corentin died. But it was before the invasion, I remember that. Evidently Vidalia's memory has convinced her that the clone Corentin she used during the fight was really him. ))
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2013-01-23 at 07:13 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Salix's Sapling]

That's a relief. Salix wasn't sure she'd remember to stop calling her auntie. It's become habit by now. "Yep! I dunno anything yet. I looked at the letter from Natalie's birthday, but I don't know what any of those little marks mean."
    "I'm sure Aunt Reelshka will explain everything to you. She's really smart." It's no secret that Brinika idolizes her aunt. "I can read in Goblin quickly, but other letters are a bit difficult for me. They're so... squiggly."

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Actually, I mispoke. I didn't get to bury Corentin. Both he and I died defending the original Glog base from the invading cat-people. she rolls over to face Marty. The old Glog base was a lot better than this one. There was a garden, a clean swimming pool, and everyone had a private magical room that you just concentrated, and the room would change to your desires. Oh, and there was a huge armory and silly little droids that would stop you at the doorway and offer you cake. It was awesome.

((Actually, I forget how and when Corentin died. But it was before the invasion, I remember that. Evidently Vidalia's memory has convinced her that the clone Corentin she used during the fight was really him. ))

Marty looks over at her. C-Cat-people? Invasion? W-What happened? You d-died? You don't l-look...d-dead? I l-like the c-current base....g-good people...an infirmary...you. C-Corentin? Who was h-he? I w-wish I c-could just concentrate...and e-everything w-would be h-how I wanted it...C-Cake droids? Marty laughed at little. He smiles weakly again. D-Do you m-miss him?

((That happens. At least you can remember your character's names. ))

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Ogre in the Playground

[Salix's Sapling]

Salix giggles. "They are. Was it hard to learn how to read them?"

10. - Top - End - #1390

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Entrance

"Healy magic like priests use Ms. Ori. Not like what I did." Prism supplies helpfully, peeking around from behind Quinn's legs shyly to make sure Ori isn't worsening too quickly. She could probably do some more even after all she's already done if Quinn can't help, she just doesn't want to get e-may si ate ed. Julie would worry something terrible if she came back home all thin and starving.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [That Place, with Those Girls]

"That. Healing magic," Quinn says, fishing out a hypospray of conventional painkiller and applying it as she waits for an answer. She can do that right away!
    ((My apologies for taking forever in replying to this. Real life is being fun.))

Ori, having decided that today has been entirely too long and painful a day, breaks down and starts weeping into the dirt.

So if Quinn wants an actual reply, she miiight need to wait for a bit.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Salix's Sapling

About this time, a rather unpleasant smell begins to emanate from the region of Mikhail's diaper. "I need to take Mikhail inside and change him. You girls have fun." Vasi says.

She scoops up her baby and starts to head back to the Main Cabin.

Chasing Jenny

Jenny slows to a walk, only occasionally kicking at the trapped leg. Brand quickly catches up to her and puts a rope around her neck. "Thank you, Sir. I appreciate it greatly. I was afraid she'd hurt herself and maybe lose the foal."
    Chasing Jenny

As the situation seems to be solved Andy tries to come closer waving at the people with some papers in hand.

"Hey Mr Hackett !"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    ((My apologies for taking forever in replying to this. Real life is being fun.))

Ori, having decided that today has been entirely too long and painful a day, breaks down and starts weeping into the dirt.

So if Quinn wants an actual reply, she miiight need to wait for a bit.
    ((No worries. Life happens.))

Quinn, deciding that if a 'no' was coming it would have been said, applies the Vulpan Death Gripher hand to Ori's shoulder and uses Lay On Hands.

No, not like that. Sickos. No matter how well-built Ori is.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #1393

Entrance

It had better not be! Despite having a succubus for a mother, Prism is still just an impressionable little girl and Julie would be quite cross if she found out Quinn was trying to "corrupt" her at this age.

Prism will look on, hoping that whatever Quinn does helps out a lot more than her own attempt. When she notices Ori starting to weep, she toddle up as well and tries to gently pat the demon's hand.

"It's okay Ms. Ori, you're safe and can get better now."
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Orc in the Playground

To the Kitchen

Natalie's plotclone is here, wearing a pair of loose navy joggers, a black sweatshirt and a pair of white trainers. Strapped to her right arm is a slingshot designed to be worn there, and slung over her back is a large, new, red rucksack. Natalie is a twelve-year-old girl with green eyes and long black hair that hangs untied down her back, and she's carrying a book on birds. She's also currently looking for Tito and Lily.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Marty looks over at her. C-Cat-people? Invasion? W-What happened? You d-died? You don't l-look...d-dead? I l-like the c-current base....g-good people...an infirmary...you. C-Corentin? Who was h-he? I w-wish I c-could just concentrate...and e-everything w-would be h-how I wanted it...C-Cake droids? Marty laughed at little. He smiles weakly again. D-Do you m-miss him?
    Vidalia opens her mouth to answer about the Cat people, invasion and what happened, but Marty just keeps going. Even after he seems to be done, Vidalia just raises an eyebrow, asking the unheard question, ~Are you done?~

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ogre in the Playground

Vidalia opens her mouth to answer about the Cat people, invasion and what happened, but Marty just keeps going. Even after he seems to be done, Vidalia just raises an eyebrow, asking the unheard question, ~Are you done?~
    He shuts his mouth and frowns. S-sorry....f-forgive me...I d-didn't mean to... He looks at her a little embarrassed. Sorry...I h-haven't had a d-decent conversation with a-anyone in a w-while....

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Troll in the Playground

{Cherry Cabin}

Vidalia smiles. Nothing to forgive. she reaches for his closest hand, and tries to give it a little squeeze. I just found it kinda amusing.

She rolls to her back, possibly still holding his hand. Corentin was the first man I truly loved and tried to be worthy of his affections. And though he always told me he loved me, I never felt worthy of him. she looks back to Marty. So stop worshipping me. Just be a friend.

She looks back to the ceiling. Let's see, you've seen Butler right? Human looking man with furry cat ears, a tail, and wearing short-shorts. Mmmmm. And what a lover. she closes her eyes for a moment.

Then opens them in surprise. Uh, where was I? Oh, oh yeah... she blushes. Well, he's a cat-person. she starts to close her eyes again, then sits up. Anyway! I don't know where they came from, or even where they went, but suddenly there were millions of them attacking all the major organizations. Corentin and I fought them as long as we could, with my army of onions. We were not enough, but we bought the others time to evacuate. she goes silent.

18. - Top - End - #1398

((No worries. Life happens.))

Quinn, deciding that if a 'no' was coming it would have been said, applies the Vulpan Death Gripher hand to Ori's shoulder and uses Lay On Hands.

No, not like that. Sickos. No matter how well-built Ori is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Entrance

It had better not be! Despite having a succubus for a mother, Prism is still just an impressionable little girl and Julie would be quite cross if she found out Quinn was trying to "corrupt" her at this age.

Prism will look on, hoping that whatever Quinn does helps out a lot more than her own attempt. When she notices Ori starting to weep, she toddle up as well and tries to gently pat the demon's hand.

"It's okay Ms. Ori, you're safe and can get better now."
    As to how 'well' Ori's built, really, it's impossible to tell. She's kneeling, face down, and wearing a floor length trench coat.

That being said, even though Ori's now at least mostly healed (you know, anything that might have proven lethal is gone; but she's still gonna be sore for a while), she doesn't exactly move.
    Well, not to get up, anyway. She's still shaking a bit, and probably still crying a li'l bit.

Nor is she talking yet.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Troll in the Playground

[Entrance]

Quinn frowns, taking a deep breath, then looks up to Prism. "Do you want to help me move her to the Infirmary, dear?" she asks the little Far-spawn.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

20. - Top - End - #1400

Entrance

Prism nods slowly, frowning as Ori doesn't seem to get any better emotionally despite the healing. Whatever happened to her must have been really bad...

"Do you think I could? I'd like to, but I'm only little." Not exactly a lot of lifting strength in those shoulders yet.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Troll in the Playground

"Sure," Quinn says encouragingly.
    Then reaches to try and pick Ori up!
    She'll do most of the lifting, of course. But Prism will be helping! Yay!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #1402

[Entrance]

Quinn frowns, taking a deep breath, then looks up to Prism. "Do you want to help me move her to the Infirmary, dear?" she asks the little Far-spawn.
    [All of the other quotes]
    [All Two of 'em]

Ori, being in absolutely no mode to argue with anything, is hauled away. As she's hauled off to the infirmary and her trench coat falls away/renders unto gravity what is gravity's, that she was actually hurt more than was visible, thanks to the coat.
    The fun little holes that are in it? Apparently actually where bits of shrapnel had punched through those and into the Ori underneath.
    She also has a fairly battered and beaten one of these hanging from a strap around her shoulder.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1403

Entrance -> Infirmary

Prism is too short to help lift Ori physically, and has too little mass to provide far-thing lifting powers without gorging herself on sweets first, but she's smart enough that these things aren't the hugely significant obstacles they'd otherwise be.

Instead of trying to help Quinn lift Ori directly, she'll ball her little hands into fists and glow with a pale red light that suffuses the air around her in a loose sphere. It's a minor application of energy that allows her to over-ride the laws of physics just a bit. For the walk back to the infirmary, so long as Quinn walks slowly to let Prism keep up with her, gravity will be reduced significantly for the trio so that Ori doesn't pull so heavily towards the ground.

The little far-spawn beams with pride that she figured out a way to help, but looks down towards the ground when she sees Ori's modesty is showing where everyone can see it.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quinn gives Prism an encouraging smile, and will walk slowly enough for her to keep up. But as rapidly as she can without slipping away, needing to get her paitent to the Infirmary to get that shrapnel out.

Presumably, once there, Ori goes onto one of the medbeds.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Maple Cabin]

"Not that I can think of. Granted, I don't know everyone here anymore. And I can'-"
    *flicker*

That's oh so very annoying. Ah well, he'll probably be back, soonish? I wouldn't bother waiting though. Soonish is a relative time measurement.
    [Maple Cabin]

Kitty just sighs. Well this is going to be annoying, isn't it. She really hopes he can fix it... Sleep, that's what she needs right now. Then she can maybe try asking around and see what she can turn up. The kitsune goes back inside and flops on the bed for a good, long nap.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Ogre in the Playground

{Cherry Cabin}

Vidalia smiles. Nothing to forgive. she reaches for his closest hand, and tries to give it a little squeeze. I just found it kinda amusing.

She rolls to her back, possibly still holding his hand. Corentin was the first man I truly loved and tried to be worthy of his affections. And though he always told me he loved me, I never felt worthy of him. she looks back to Marty. So stop worshipping me. Just be a friend.

She looks back to the ceiling. Let's see, you've seen Butler right? Human looking man with furry cat ears, a tail, and wearing short-shorts. Mmmmm. And what a lover. she closes her eyes for a moment.

Then opens them in surprise. Uh, where was I? Oh, oh yeah... she blushes. Well, he's a cat-person. she starts to close her eyes again, then sits up. Anyway! I don't know where they came from, or even where they went, but suddenly there were millions of them attacking all the major organizations. Corentin and I fought them as long as we could, with my army of onions. We were not enough, but we bought the others time to evacuate. she goes silent.

Marty just smiles weakly. A-Amusing? She'll realize that Marty's hand is very cold, but soft. He looks over at her. The only m-man y-you'll ever truly l-love? W-Worshiping y-you? I do n-not! That's n-not f-fair... Marty kinda just winces as she speaks about Butler. He doesn't comment on it either. H-How....do y-you miss him?

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ogre in the Playground

Chasing Jenny

Jenny slows to a walk, only occasionally kicking at the trapped leg. Brand quickly catches up to her and puts a rope around her neck. "Thank you, Sir. I appreciate it greatly. I was afraid she'd hurt herself and maybe lose the foal."
    Hackett just nods and smiles. Always glad to help another in need. It would be a shame to lose the foal. Do you need any help to get the soccer ball off? I haven't used a spell in a long time, thank the gods it worked...I'm Leroy Hackett, you are?

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Chasing Jenny

As the situation seems to be solved Andy tries to come closer waving at the people with some papers in hand.

"Hey Mr Hackett !"
    Hackett's smile fades. ...Yes?

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    [Kitchen]

Trying to make haste, Justin places a pair of jars on the counter, one orange and one yellow-brown, both with bits of fruit in them, tied together by a pair of Thanksmas ribbons. Leaving a card labeled To The Applehills resting in front of it, he tries to get out of there before he is noticed.
    Since Brand is chasing a donkey, and Pansy is cooing over Vasi's baby, and Tito is doing his homework in the cabin, it looks like Justin will get...

"Hi, Justin!"
    comes Lily's voice, as she steps out of the pantry with a couple of apples.

Chasing Jenny

Fun fact. A jenny is the name for a female donkey, and a jack is the name for a male one. Which is where the term "jack***" comes from.

"Brand Applehill, at your service," says Brand, and he kneels to remove the ruined soccerball from the donkey's hoof.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

29. - Top - End - #1409

Since Brand is chasing a donkey, and Pansy is cooing over Vasi's baby, and Tito is doing his homework in the cabin, it looks like Justin will get...

"Hi, Justin!"
    comes Lily's voice, as she steps out of the pantry with a couple of apples.
    Kitchen

Justin does a small jump when he hears Lily and turns around slowly looking nervous. "Hey Lily..." he says, eyes flicking to the jars on the counter once before he straightens himself up and puts on a mask of casual calm. "What's up?"

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    To the Kitchen

Natalie's plotclone is here, wearing a pair of loose navy joggers, a black sweatshirt and a pair of white trainers. Strapped to her right arm is a slingshot designed to be worn there, and slung over her back is a large, new, red rucksack. Natalie is a twelve-year-old girl with green eyes and long black hair that hangs untied down her back, and she's carrying a book on birds. She's also currently looking for Tito and Lily.
    ((you might have missed that.))

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chasing Jenny

As Andy comes closer he nods to Brand a greeting before he turns to the Hackett.

"I think I have to appologize for before. It seems that things happen during my absence which would need the service you offered."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK