Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2237383940414243444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1551
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [4E] RB DND Campaign, Thread Six

At Arcturus place:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elden finally looks for a faded gloom daisy and carefully cups his hands around it, speeding up its growth until he can harvest its seeds. He takes a seed and studies it carefully for any useful properties it may have.

Nature check: (1d20+9)[21]
    Arcana check: (1d20+11)[26]
    Religion check: (1d20+11)[31]

If he finds any new use for them, he'll return half of them to the flowerbeds and take the other half with him back inside. Otherwise, he'll returne all of them to the flowerbeds.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Colossus in the Playground

Bufferbufferbuffer

Elden and Adalhard:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elden specificly:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Something interesting you note while gathering the seeds. The gloom daisy, despite it's nomenclature, seems to spread it's seeds through a spore like spray. Like, instead of just dropping it's seeds or something, the seeds position themselves and spray spores outward. You suddenly realize that the first time the party went back to the inn after making the plant, the innkeeper was acting somewhat strangly, and was able to give you a Gloom Daisy from his pocket, one he claimed he had picked previously. It occurs to you that the tainted plant may of used it's spores to start it's initial mental take over effect. However, this knowledge does glean some usefull information! If you were to mash these seeds up into some water, and stir it around, it'd make a concotion that would provide protection againest mental effects (basically, if you drank this potion you'd get +5 to will defenses for a turn, and +5 to saves vs mental effects like domination and what not). You've got enough seeds to make five vials of this.

Also as an aside, each individual seed could likely be taken and chewed and it'd give an anti depressient like effect. According to my math you'd have around 300 individual seeds, assuming you literally took every seed you could and then took only half of them.

Adalhard, you can do so and infact do!

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ettin in the Playground

At Arcturus Place:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Is there any chance you could keep a copy of the "Impure" Gloom Daisy?"
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ogre in the Playground

Felix's house.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Teodor lays Bast on the bed and sits on the nearest flat, non-bed, surface.
    "I hate this plane. So much." He takes a swig from his flask, then looks over at Juniper.
    "Bast was about as bad as I expected. She told Felix to go back home, to Watertrodden, as soon as possible. This was after basically telling Felix she was a horrible person for not trusting us, etc., which I did try to stop, by the way, but... Bast is Bast. She said Felix isn't allowed to talk to anyone without Bast being present, nobody is allowed in her room, she isn't supposed to leave. Honestly, I can understand why Bast was so upset by this, but I can also understand why Felix did what she did, and I'm not sure I would have acted differently under the circumstances."
    Teodor sighs and closes his eyes, taking another drink.
    "I won't stop you from spending the night with her. Honestly, I think Bast was way too harsh and Felix needs some support right now. Having someone you look up to tear into you like that isn't pleasant. If you do, though, don't expect me to help you out if Bast catches you and is furious for going against what she said. I just can't really find the energy in me to worry about that right now."

He grimaces and mutters in Primordial.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Honestly, I just want to find whatever caused this and rip it apart so thoroughly it no longer exists as a concept."
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Firbolg in the Playground

At Felix's house:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Juniper sighs deeply, sitting down beside Teodor. Harsh? That's downright abusive. She has no right to treat anyone that way. If I were there... Honestly, I think I'm more worried about Bast than about Felix. Can I work with a... someone who would do such things? And she isn't going to remember any of it when she wakes up. Would it be right to hold her accountable then? And is it even her fault in the first place?
    And Felix... I don't know what to think about her. I mean, she was working with the conspiracy behind our backs the whole time. I'm sure she meant well, but... I can't exactly go and talk to her about it, now that Bast's broken her like that...

He sighs agani, and grabs Teodor's flask to take another swig.

Blue Ghost, Lawful Good generalist wizard, at your service.
    Love wins. S'agapo.

I make MtG cards. My portfolio

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Titan in the Playground

At Arcturus place:
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Assuming we've both headed back inside again:)
    Elden just flips the page of his book to the inferior gloom daisy and points at the title, which reads "Gloom Daisy, Inferior". He then flips back to the new spread and carefully lays down the true gloom daisy on it. He retrieves his pen and ink and proceeds to write "Gloom Daisy, Superior" as the new title.

Show

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ettin in the Playground

At Arcturus Place:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adalhard peeks at the book.

"I wouldn't dismiss your creation as "Inferior"; a few months and you may be surprised to how it compares to the original."
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Titan in the Playground

At Arcturus place:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elden smiles significatively at Adalhard.
    You have no idea of what this little beauty is capable of. By the way, you don't happen to have any clean vials on your person?

Show

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Ettin in the Playground

At Arcturus Place:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Unless it can create something as fantastic as the Doom Daisy, I wouldn't be amazed by it's capabilities.

And yes I do, enough to outfit a complete battalion of alchemist artillery."

Adalhard produces 8 empty vials, each in between a pair of fingers.

"Why do you ask?"
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2013-02-11 at 06:20 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ogre in the Playground

Felix's house.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "This place has been... Bad for Bast. It's been unpleasant for me, too; everything just feels... Wrong here. Anyway. First she was feeling things that she knew she shouldn't be. Then Adalhard and Elden were being not very intelligent, and there was the succubus..."
    Teodor pauses and takes a drink from the flask before handing it back to Juniper.
    "What I'm trying to say is that she's been kind of mentally screwed up by the time we've spent here, and I'm not sure it's fair to entirely blame her for freaking out at this point. I've been wanting to just burn down the city since shortly after we arrived."
    He rolls his shoulders and tilts his head back and forth to crack his neck.
    "But if she can't remember what she did, then it doesn't seem fair to be trying to seriously punish her for it. Now, I'm not very good at dealing with people who aren't Bast, but I'm pretty sure that Felix will appreciate your presence, even if you can't say anything to heal what Bast tore open. Given enough time, she'll be able to talk."
    Teodor leans forward and strokes Bast's hand.
    "I'm just gonna stay here tonight. Be careful about the morning."
    Spoiler
    Show

Red Mage, is that you?
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Titan in the Playground

At Arcturus place:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You greatly overestimate the value of a great size. This...
    Elden takes a vial, pours a handfull of golden spores into it and seals it tightly. He holds up the vial, and it glows with a gentle luminesence, almost giving it a hue of molten gold.
    ... when utilised correctly, can get you so much further.

He then proceeds to close the book, strap it shut and put away both it and and the vial.

Show

12. - Top - End - #1392

Felix's place:

Spoiler
    Show
    Juniper nods. He walks out of the room, and with a deep breath, knocks on Felix's door.

Love wins. S'agapo.

13. - Top - End - #1393

Juniper:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Felix, slowly, opens the door. "Juniper...?" she asks, quitely.

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Ettin in the Playground

At Arcturus Place:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It's... I still hold it isn't inferior. But what exact properties are you boasting about. For all I know this thing can kill liches if thrown correctly."

15. - Top - End - #1395

Spoiler
    Show
    Juniper smiles reassuringly. Can I come in? he whispers.

Love wins. S'agapo.

16. - Top - End - #1396

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ghost View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Juniper smiles reassuringly. Can I come in? he whispers.
    Juniper:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing Juniper smile, Felix lets a smile break her lips slightly. "Of course...please"

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Titan in the Playground

At Arcturus place:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The doom daisy is unpredictable, uncontrollable and immobile. It's only use would be as an instrument of terror and indiscriminate death among those unable to defend themselves or move out of its effective range.

This true gloom daisy, on the other hand... It's a physical embodiment of hope, clarity and mental fortitude. With this beauty, I could raise the helpless against it, and win.

(A point of notice: Even though he hasn't had much chance to display it yet, Elden is actually a speaker of hope, and as such, he's going to value anything that pertains to it much more highly. Also, terror, as the polar opposite thereof, is nothing he considers more than but an elaborate ruse, equally shy of daylight.)

DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In what places could a (true) gloom daisy grow?

Nature check: (1d20+9)[10]
    Religion check: (1d20+11)[26]

Show

18. - Top - End - #1398

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    At Arcturus place:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The doom daisy is unpredictable, uncontrollable and immobile. It's only use would be as an instrument of terror and indiscriminate death among those unable to defend themselves or move out of its effective range.

This true gloom daisy, on the other hand... It's a physical embodiment of hope, clarity and mental fortitude. With this beauty, I could raise the helpless against it, and win.

(A point of notice: Even though he hasn't had much chance to display it yet, Elden is actually a speaker of hope, and as such, he's going to value anything that pertains to it much more highly. Also, terror, as the polar opposite thereof, is nothing he considers more than but an elaborate ruse, equally shy of daylight.)

DM:
    Spoiler
    Show
    In what places could a (true) gloom daisy grow?

Nature check: [roll0]
    Religion check: [roll1]
    Elden:
    Spoiler
    Show
    They'd probably be able to grow in the natural plane, because they ARE plants, you're just not sure how well they'd grow. They might be an invasive species, but probably not.

Your knowledge of religion tells you that Melora, the goddess of Nature, would probably be able to grow these plants quite nicely in her realm, however. Same with Pelor himself, of course.

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Ogre in the Playground

Bast and Teodor's room.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Teodor takes off Bast's armor and slips her under the covers, then removes his own and sits beside the bed, watching her.
    Spoiler
    Show

Red Mage, is that you?

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ettin in the Playground

At Arcturus Place
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The Doom Daisy is something born from nothing; it's life; tempestuous, random, encompassing and consuming. It's magic, alive, powerful and both creative and destructive.

It's the unexplored, the unknown, the greater potential of future research. It's hope in raw form, the potential and endless possibilities it carries. Born amidst catastrophe but with a potential to avert many.

It's the possibility of making life, conscious, sentient and sapient life out of nothing. It's a potential power that hasn't been witnessed since the primordials last roamed.""

21. - Top - End - #1401

Absol:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is he going to recall Bast'll be waking up with weird emotions unless she takes her potions? If so, then I thought you should know the bottles are on her person, something Teodor knows, but I think you might have been gone when that happened, so I wanted to make sure you knew.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Titan in the Playground

At Arcturus place:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It's creation was more than simple skill or power, primordial powers held great influence as well, however dead and rotting their master is. We won't be able to replicate the feat anywhere else, even if we wanted to.

Show

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Ettin in the Playground

At Arcturus Place
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Hence why I find this plane fascinating; it's perfectly dicotomical. Both creation and destruction are equally made; it holds a magnification of all emotions, not only those negative; it holds both ends of mostly everything in terms of magic and moral for those willing to look for find them. It's almost a concordant opposition of extremes which make this plane what it is.

And Primordial powers were and will be needed... until we find how to replace them. Magic is a mistress which slowly unravels; and I do not believe it is by chance alone that one of the phylactery holders is Un-, "Der Verlorene Graf"; a man wholly dedicated to the essence of magic and whose search was for the essence of magic itself; Geheim. If his search turned out fruitful... I have hope for much."

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ogre in the Playground

MoonCat
    Spoiler
    Show
    I kinda did forget about the potions; how do you get someone to drink something while they sleep?
    Spoiler
    Show

Red Mage, is that you?

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Titan in the Playground

At Arcturus place:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, well, for now, it's all future matters. And future meetings, with people who you may or may not know the true name or title of.

Elden turns to Arcturus.
    Excuse me for keeping you on hold. To return to our current matters, do you know of any significance of the Dragon Boneyard? Or of any angel serving Vecna, marked with a one-winged dove over his left eye?

Show

26. - Top - End - #1406

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    At Arcturus place:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, well, for now, it's all future matters. And future meetings, with people who you may or may not know the true name or title of.

Elden turns to Arcturus.
    Excuse me for keeping you on hold. To return to our current matters, do you know of any significance of the Dragon Boneyard? Or of any angel serving Vecna, marked with a one-winged dove over his left eye?
    Arcturus's House:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arcturus thinks for a moment. "I can't say I know of any Dragon Boneyards, but I do recall that angel. Evangelod was his name, I believe. Wispy little dev- ahem, angel, if there ever was one. I was one not to consort with one of Vecna's fold, but without him we would not of learned the location of The Lich's lair near Ashen Snow"

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ettin in the Playground

At Arcturus Place
    Spoiler
    Show
    "How did you come upon it?"

28. - Top - End - #1408

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    At Arcturus Place
    Spoiler
    Show
    "How did you come upon it?"
    Arcturus's house:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Some research of ours has shown The Lich was working, atleast in part, with Vecna. Since angels are for the most part free agents, we sought to buy Evangelos' services, atleast temporarly. A trade of information was all we truely got from him, but it was enough. As for how we actually contacted him, we used a ritual."

29. - Top - End - #1409

Spoiler
    Show
    Last time I think he roped them to her mouth or something. Or tip it down her throat in doses, I dunno. Bast told Teodor to do it once before, which happened successfully, but I don't recall if that happneded while you were absent or not.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Titan in the Playground

At Arcturus place:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, we probably won't get away without having to get in contact with him, so how's his personality? Any personal taboos or desires of his we could avoid or play upon if it comes to negotiations or battle?

Show