New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Yours For The Taking [D&D 3.5] (IC)

On the man, you find a masterwork breastplate and masterwork heavy mace. Inside the desk are some prison documents (The drawer was locked but I assume you would have tried the keys on them. The documents are the ones Willem would be looking for.) Two maps, one of the world and one of the country, and a drawn picture, it looks like a younger Erego with some war buddies. A few of the unnamed commoners come to the top, as does the man-with-a-dog-but-currently-without-a-dog.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Isidora, her hand still to her side, nods at the words of Thomas, "I felt it, too, hold on a moment." She turns and heads deeper into the jail to face the chained man. "I wasn't really sure about letting you out, and despite that, you helped us. I don't really know what you did, but we all felt it," she smiles at him and begins to work on his lock, ""Thank you."

Spoiler
    Show
    Open Lock: (1d20+7)[22]
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

Abaddon nudged the jailer with his foot.

"Well, tha's two of 'em, eh? Does that mean it's safe t' leave yet?"

4. - Top - End - #184

NinjaGirl

Isidora sighs as her skills fail her on North's door. "I really don't want to be here for much longer.... Can somebody toss me the keys?" She shakes her head at her own overconfidence and mutters to herself, "Remember, just because one way looks cooler, doesn't mean it's actually the better way to accomplish a task."
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Vlamad retrieves his club. It seems our escape has much less chaos so far than I anticipated. Perhaps we should make a plan. I intend to leave the city on a boat so I can leave these dspicable people... Who is with me?
    Vlamad is glad that he didn't get hurt in the fight though he hopes he didn't seem cowardly.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Firbolg in the Playground

Amalaswentha looks at the mace thoughfully. "That", she says. "Would be worth enough on resail to buy us legitimate passage, or even get us a boat of our own. Sir." She addresses the mysterious man still behind bars. "You say you can sail. Have you contacts in the harbour that would let us arrange a passage quickly and without fuss? And by quickly I mean before the dawn."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Bugbear in the Playground

Eric the...Medic!

When Erego goes down, Eric helps the others bind him and drag him away. He strips Erego of his remaining gear and piles it on the desk, "Aye, worth a fair coin, that gear is. I've no interest in it, personally."

He keeps the borrowed sword tucked up behind his arm, seeing no use in tucking it back into his belt, as he's dressed in prison garb and highly suspicious looking anyway.

When Isa returns, he non-chalantly lifts her shirt part-way up, prodding at her ribs, looking for a break or signs of internal damage from the mace.

After everyone's ready to go:
    "Dunno about you lot, but I'm ready to get out of here." He opens the door, glances left then right for signs of danger, then takes off at a dead run to get out of town and to his home.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heal check - (1d20+2)[22]
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

Huge thanks to Howl for puting some Boomstick in my avatar

8. - Top - End - #188

"Oh, 'ell! Wait for me, eh?!" Abaddon took off running after the half-orc.

9. - Top - End - #189

Zombie

Willem makes his way into the prison office after the sound of fighting dies down and goes about his aforementioned search. "There are fewer ways out and more ways to die when traveling by sea, friends. And much as I'd like to put quick distance between myself and the town guard, I'd rather not associate with someone who admitted to being in this prison for something more severe than working with a local criminal organization." He makes his way around the room, tapping the walls and floor for secret hideaways. "Now, would you mind handing me those records?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

10. - Top - End - #190

Assuming the records are in plain sight, Amalaswentha hands them to William. "Depends much upon with whom you sail, and where, and in what."

"You look like somebody who knows people; if relying on him is not to your taste, do you have a better idea? A place we could go? A place we could dispose of an overpriced metal club? A ship with a crew not inclined to ask questions?"

"I had the idea of disguising myself as a state officer or somesuch, and getting us aboard something light and fast on the excuse of being on an urgent mission. But then what would we do when my disguise wears off and they see My Lady's marks on me?"

11. - Top - End - #191

Zombie

Willem thumbs through the reports and picks out the ones relating to the party. "I do know people, but I cannot imagine they would be pleased with my bringing..." He looks up, seeing the others leaving. "Three others accused of jailbreaking to their doorstep. Regardless, we should start walking. I've stored some of my things in town and have someone who will keep these things safe." He says while holding up the prison's files. "That, and I'd rather not stand around unconscious guards."
    The badger steps out into the night.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

If nobody else has then Mink goes down to the cell with the keys and releases the last prisoner and locks the unconscious guards into the same cell. She leaves the keys in the middle of the floor out of reach sure that belts and a bit off effort will allow them to free themselves eventually. She takes the maps and any documents pertaining to herself or to the group she's aligned herself with to sort out later and leaves the rest with Amalaswentha. "I suggest burning these if you're not taking them with you," she says before walking around and giving everyone a hug and a kiss, "Take care of yourselves, my fellow prisoners. It's been a delight rooming with you but it seems that we must depart at least for a time. I do so hate long voyages so I think I'll travel with the Mister Eric for now. Do write, often." She scribbles the address of the hunting lodge on a corner of paper and hands it to the devil worshipper, "I doubt that I'll be able to pick up correspondence with any frequency with my travel plans but the household will keep mail until it is collected. Even for me."

"Thank you all so much for this wonderful opportunity for freedom. I shan't waste it. Mwah," with that she blows a final kiss to the group and sets off after the half orc. Gort takes off to scout ahead and keep an eye on where the others are going.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm working on the assumption that our clothes were in the store room along with our other things so we aren't in prison uniforms any more? Unless we didn't have anything else to wear. If we're in our street clothes then I'll walk hurriedly. If we're in prison grey shirts then an undignified full sprint to the nearest alleyway would be the best choice.
    I didn't choose the life of a murderhobo, it chose me.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Vlamad walks to the docks. He is glad that some other people are going with him, hopefully they could help him out of a tight spot later.

14. - Top - End - #194

Amalaswentha remarks deadpan; "The eyes of the Lady of the Fourth be always upon you, Mage". Then, before Mink can start wondering if that amounts to a blessing, turns her attention to the papers she'd been given, leafing through for anything useful. She absently picks up Erego's mace and slings it on her belt, already finding the weight annoying.

"Well, Thomas. Since the Halfling gave us no invitation to shadow him, and since the Dwarf is keen for the sea, I suppose that leaves us with no option but to hit the docks. Is it well?" She says quietly, then swears. "Bright and Bloody Chaos. We are already scattering in different directions like sheep!"

She cleans the blood off her blade. steps out in the darkness of freedom, heading in the same direction as Vlamad and keeping him in sight.

((ignore the spoiler))
    Spoiler
    Show
    hide(1d20+2)[17]
    Mv Silently(1d20+2)[6]
    Spot(1d20+3)[10]
    Listen(1d20+3)[11]

EDITED to reflect that something is about to occur.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

((We really should wait for Heart's post. :|))

Thomas nodded. "We might as well." He looks around, seeing the room, and takes the breastplate from the table to shove into his bag, assuming nobody took it yet. Then he turns to look at the doorway...
    Last edited by Linguz; 2012-11-03 at 03:10 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196

NinjaGirl

Isidora stretches her side a bit, smiling to find things seemed to be roughly in the correct places, though she would still require some rest to fully recover, "Thank you, Eric," she lays a hand on his arm, his shoulder being a bit too high for her to casually touch, then turns to the group discussing plans for a shipyard escape, "It looks as if we'll be parting ways here. Please write us!" Isidora drops a little curtsy with a laugh, then turns to where her compatriots stood at the open door........

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Enter Heart's post. I'm assuming that nobody actually took off running since he said we would see something at the door.
    Last edited by ElfiKay; 2012-11-03 at 03:12 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Eric swings the door open, ready to sprint into the night with his friends in tow, he sees three guards and a recently captured criminal a little ways off. They are heading into the direction of the prison, but don't seem to be paying much attention, bantering back and forth. As such, the guards nor the prisoner notice the doors open. Little did he know, it was quite likely about to be this prisoners lucky day.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh my, what a terrible inconvenience," Mink steps back into the jail and shuts the door firmly, "I suggest that we hide. I can put up an illusionary wall to hide behind."
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Vlamad moves behind Mink. Good! Put up a wall, when they get close I'll knock most of them out, you finish the rest off. Vlamad hopes that his plan will work, and that the rest of the group understands how smart he is.
    Last edited by GnomeGninjas; 2012-11-04 at 06:23 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200

Eric

"Planning isn't exactly my strong-suit. Just tell me what I have to do to get home." The series of constant setbacks and delays is clearly beginning to wear on Eric's nerves, evidenced by his white knuckles clenching the hilt of the borrowed longsword and his fidgeting.
    Just in case, in any game I've applied to without being selected: DMs are more than welcome to use my submission as an NPC as they wish!

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's only three of them. Gang up on them at the doorway, so stand on one side of it and attack as they go in. That's my plan, anyway." And keeping to his plan, he positioned himself against the wall of the doorway, ready to swing at anyone who walks past it. "And hiding isn't something I do. Tower shields make it way too hard to be silent or hidden."
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202

NinjaGirl

Isidora slips over behind Mink, gripping her dagger, "Sounds good to me."
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203

Abaddon sighed, but still took a fighting stance.

24. - Top - End - #204

Zombie

Willem takes a seat next to the desk, keeping himself out of view of the door as he jots notes on the back of the prison forms.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hide: (1d20+7)[21]
    No, seriously. Spoiler.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just the names, races, and short physical descriptions of others in the party.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Signature.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Vlamad positions himself by the door so he can get I clear shot at them without hitting (many) allies with his colar spray.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vlamad is a dwarf. He is bald and has a fairly average sized beard.He has tatoos on his hands, feet and left forarm. The tatoos look dwarven though they are not characters in the dwarven alphabet.

26. - Top - End - #206

Eric

Eric takes up a spot on the opposite side of the door, longsword gripped in both hands ready to pommel-smash the next guard that comes through the door.

27. - Top - End - #207

Amalaswentha mutters under her breath, and ruthlessly drags Erego's supine, bound form behind the desk so that it won't be immediately in sight when the door is opened, then sheds her pack and speaks quietly and firmly.

"We should all be on one side of the door. Reduce crossfire, save those that require a flank. An Illusion of a wall will tip them off. They will know this chamber. An Illusion of empty space, now..." she smiles, draws Erego's mace, and casts Disguise Self, turning herself into spit and image of the Jailor, then positions herself before the door, on the opposite side of the room, so that she's the first person the guards see when they enter.

"You. Git yerselfs in 'ere sharpish. Beran's 'ad a few too many an' there's bin shenanigans" she growls, trying to get the hang of imitating Erego's accent.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

As people position themselves around the door it seems as if few wish to hide behind an illusionary wall so Mink retreats back to the corridor (K7 on the map) where she won't be seen but can hear what happens.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209

Erego/Amalaswentha gives Mink a sharp look as she watches the Mage withdraw. "Retreat? There is no retreat from here. Gothloli, if we should manage an ambush and win, then most of the forces in town that could oppose our will will be suppressed. I do not speak of taking lives, without need.

"If we should lose, then we are dead, and all machination ceases. Do what you can to assist. You raised your hand along with ours by walking out of your cell. I will have no indecision now"

Distrusting her own voice acting, she decides to be found staring balefully into the corridor to the right, ready to give an abrupt erego-esque gesture to enter when the door opens.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll assume someone brought the keys downstairs to free North.

Most of the other prisoners gathered at the bottom of the steps, not being fit for a fight themselves. As the voices of the guards grow louder, a pair a footsteps climb up the stairs. North arrives at the top, wearing the prison outfit, but with a crossbow in his arms and a quiver of bolts slung on his arm. What looks to be a wand sits in his belt as well. "I keep hearin' talk o' yer' plan, but the only one Iey seeee actin' is thatin'," he gestures at Amal.