New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP2E] Wyrdstone

OOC - While an amazing success, there's still nothing to see. KK is behind the hovel, so cut out of sight from the other two hovels. Plus, even if he was within sight, it's been about seven seconds since Haqueel and friends breached the door. Shunka, any thoughts towards keeping initiative/or swapping it out for posting order?

Thanks Fremen. Damage is 1d10, plus your strength bonus, at least while you're using your hand weapon. So 3 for you, 6+3=9 damage, minus the toughness bonus of the opponent and any armor he/she might be wearing. None, in this case.

Although I am in favour of posting order over initiative, we'll let this combat resolve as normally as possibly before I overwrite anything.
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2012-10-30 at 03:46 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Excellent. If the target is no longer alive when Arqueek's turn comes around, then I'll redirect the attack to whichever child is closest at that moment.
    Garruk Wildskpeaker Avatar by Bradakhan

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hassz

Keeping his profile low, Hassz sprints over the dirt and loose shale, breaching the hut at speed. Arqueel and Harqueek have already penned in the man-things when he arrives, so he turns his attention on the dog. His machete whips down through the air, intent on separating sinew from bone.

Attack: (1d100)[100] vs WS 36, Charge (if applicable), All-out (if applicable)

Damage: (1d10)[1] + STR bonus 3

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Storm knocked out my power for about ten hours. Everything's back now, so I should be able to resume timely posting.

Edit: Behold! My best of rolls!
    Last edited by kumada; 2012-10-30 at 11:17 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34

Chimera

Kish-Keekt's ears twitch at the other huts, but since he hears nothing, he turns back to the current target and the sounds of scuffle therein. He hefts his pick and hammers it down, throwing his weight behind the weaponized tool. It's designed to gnaw rock...This manling-hut shouldn't be that hard.

Spoiler
    Show
    I have no preference, whatever will flow better. With initiative, you get people pausing and confused about who has gone/needs to go/when their turn is. Without initiative, you get people stacking up actions unintentionally when others haven't posted. Both methods have their downside.

Pick, meet wall: (1d100)[83]

5. - Top - End - #35

Arqueek's notched blade severs some critical artery in the mother's shoulder. She collapses to the ground, blood spewing out of the ruins of her shoulder. Death from shock and blood loss is almost instantaneous.

Terror test for the children, from having their mother's blood splatter on them after their house was invaded by stinking ratmen.
    (1d100)[12] vs. 26
    (1d100)[35] vs. 28

Hassz' bursts into the hovel as well, aiming a swipe at the frenzied dog, but overshoots the creature and slams into the far end of the hovel.

Kish-keekt, at the back of the hovel, swings his pick at the wall, intent on breaking in. It shreds the thin wood, but doesn't make a large enough hole for him to enter.

Scar now jumps into the hovel, the tiny space now full of writhing fur, blood, and noise. He stabs at a child.
    (1d100)[73] vs. 36
    (1d10)[6] + 3

OOC - Alright, most likely we'll be using a combination of posting order and rolled initiative, then. Meaning that I will still roll initiative as per normal, but for the player characters, their actions will be resolved in posting order.

Also I realized I made a mistake - the peasant woman wasn't allowed to parry that attack, as to parry an attack you must have entered a 'Parrying Stance' on her turn (Half Action), or she must've had a secondary weapon/shield in her off-hand. Neither was true so Haqueel's hit actually goes through, which slightly changes things.

6. - Top - End - #36

One of the children flee, dropping its wooden mallet and trying to force its way through the dense cluster of ratmen blocking the door.
    (1d100)[7] vs. Ag 21

The dog, frothing at the mouth, jumps at the most recent attacker, going for the throat.
    (1d100)[74] vs WS 25+20 for All out Attack
    (1d10)[3] + SB 2
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2012-10-30 at 04:15 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37

The child successfully forces its way through the door and begins to flee, tears mingling with blood on its face.

The dog latches on ineffectually to Scar's fur.

The remaining child launches itself at the same thing it's dog did, clenching its tiny knife.
    (1d100)[24] vs WS 28+20 for All out Attack
    (1d10)[10]
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2012-10-30 at 04:23 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

The child's knife finds the nook of Scar's elbow and tears it about, spilling blood and tearing tendon. It is a serious wound.

OOC - Wow, that was a hit. And by reversing the attack roll to 42, we find that it hit Scar's right arm, which isn't protected by his leather jerkin, that only protecting his torso. 10 damage minus Scar's TB of 3 equals 7, taking Scar down to 2 wounds, which means he is heavily wounded.

More initiative!

Arqueek - (1d10)[10] + Ag 36
    Haqueel - (1d10)[8] + Ag 38
    Hassz - (1d10)[10] + Ag 41
    Kish-keekt - (1d10)[9] + Ag 36
    Scar - (1d10)[6] + Ag 34

Child 2 - (1d10)[8] + Ag 29
    Dog - (1d10)[5] + Ag 30

So turn order is Hassz, Arqueek & Haqueel, KK, Scar, Child, Dog. Nice initiative rolls for the skaven this round.
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2012-10-30 at 04:31 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

Arqueek bared a feral grin over the bloody body of his victim, but before he could celebrate he heard Scar's limb tear beneath the pup's knife. For half a moment the slave stared in surprise, gaping at the successful little man-thing. Fearing that he would be next, the skaven tore his weapon free of the breeder and stabbed at the little human.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming I can also "All-Out Attack", Arqueek will do so.

(1d100)[34] vs WS:31+20=51

Assuming it hits, here's damage:

(1d10+3)[13]

Wow... that went well. Also, because I don't know if I was clear: Arqueek is attacking the child who did not flee the house.
    Last edited by Fremen; 2012-10-30 at 04:41 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hassz

The wall repositions him.

No, it says, gently but firmly, the fight is that way.

Hassz reels backwards, almost tripping over the dog--which, for reasons unknown, then lunges at Scar.

Ignore it.

Having earthed its teeth in the other Skaven's flesh, the dog is no longer a threat to him. The escaping child, on the other hand, is.

Hassz sprints after it, murder glinting in his eyes.

Attack Child: (1d100)[18] vs WS 36 and all-out attack (if applicable)

Damage: (1d10)[6] + STR bonus 3
    Last edited by kumada; 2012-10-30 at 04:40 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

Hassz shoves past his packmates blocking the door and rushes after the fleeing man-child, lashing out his machete at the small thing.

The rusty blade flays the thing's back, cutting open fat and flesh. The thing stumbles, but somehow keeps running, panting and sobbing.

Inside the hovel, the Clan Flem slave Arqueek slits open the bottom jaw of the resilient child-thing. It slips on its own mother's blood on the floor, but some spark of life keeps it alive and conscious.

Haqueel lashes out at the child-thing as soon as Arqueek finishes.
    (1d100)[73] vs. WS 29+30 (20 for All Out, 10 for 2 on 1)
    (1d10+4)[8] or (1d10+4)[5]

In the claustrophobic quarters of the crowded, blood-slicked hovel, the child somehow manages to avoid the attack.

OOC - I've included some rules reference to the first post, for hit locations, possible combat actions, and critical charts. For hit locations, you just take the successful attack roll and reverse the numbers, comparing it to the chart. Don't worry about critical hit rolls for now, I've been taking care of them. I did one for the mother. I've also been meaning to put up Fate Point rules/Favour of the Horned Rat rules, but for now we can go without.
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2012-10-30 at 08:28 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Chimera

Kish-Keekt hears the thudding of little feet and the manling's whining outside the hut, and sprints around the small dwelling, moving to cut it off should it run towards the other huts.

Not that anyone in them would miss the earlier screams.

Spoiler
    Show
    If he can get in range he'll charge: Attack against WS 41 [dice]1d100[/dice]

13. - Top - End - #43

Chimera

Ffffff. Wrong format. (1d100)[85]

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hassz

The machete rises and falls, but Hassz is unable to make a clean kill. Now the child is crying as it runs, making repulsive blubbery noises from its mouth. Water runs down the sides of its face for no reason the Skaven can understand.

The risk of detection is inexcusable.

Attack: (1d100)[61] vs WS 36, all-out, 2-on-1

Damage: (1d10)[2] + STR bonus 3

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I will keep making these attacks until either the child escapes (and thereby becomes a hero sworn to vengeance on all rat-kind,) or Hassz successfully murders a defenseless kid. Given the trouble we've been having with a bunch of malnourished children and their mother, I'm pretty much expecting the first man-at-arms we meet is going to nuke us from orbit.
    Last edited by kumada; 2012-10-30 at 10:36 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

Blinking in confusion at the small man-thing pup which bled before him. He wasn't completely sure how it had managed to survive this long, and the fact that a neck wound hadn't downed the creature was giving the slave cause to hesitate. There was a brief but fierce internal debate, but in the end fight beat flight, and the rat-man launched himself at the human again, hacking again in an attempt to keep the little man-thing down.

Spoiler
    Show
    Another all-out attack on the same human child:

(1d100)[22] vs WS:31+20=51 (I'm not sure if the child is prone or not, or if a get any bonuses for it)

16. - Top - End - #46

OOC - Hmm, just realized that since the kid that attacked Scar rolled a 10 on the damage die, he gets to make another attack due to Ulric's Fury. That could prove potentially fatal. Let's see what the dice say.
    (d100)[10] vs WS 28+20 (All Out)
    (1d10)[7]

Kish-keekt would have to Run for this round before he could Charge to attack the fleeing child, so I'll assume you just sprint around the hovel and join Hassz in the chase. Next turn you can charge it.

Kumada, even though Hassz has two attacks on his sheet, he can't actually attack twice a turn. As far as I can tell it's only beneficial when you use the Swift Attack full action in combat, which lets you make a number of attacks equal to your Attack characteristic.

Fremen, you won't be able to make another attack until the next round, but if you want I'll keep that successful roll for your next attack.
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2012-10-31 at 12:12 AM.

17. - Top - End - #47

OOC - Holy shet, that kid and his little knife are some lucky duckers. That means that he did a total of 14 damage to poor Scar, bringing him down to -5 wounds. Rolling on the critical hit chart, under the +5 column. And this is for his right arm.
    (1d100)[60] - which gets us #8 on the arm chart, meaning....oh. Oh dear. 20% chance of dying every round until medical attention is received, any further hits means he dies. Lets hope that dog misses.
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2012-10-31 at 12:12 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

OOC: A skaven is lying helpless and dying. Decisions, decisions...

EDIT: and yes, I'll just keep Arqueek's roll as is unless things change dramatically before his next turn (ie: the child dies before that).
    Last edited by Fremen; 2012-10-31 at 12:26 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49

MUSKS

Scent plays a strong role in Skaven communication. The Skaven exude several different musks, depending on their emotional state. Though secretion of these musks is largely involuntary, many Skaven learn to hide their emotions from their companions by will alone. Only a handful of surface dwellers are able to distinguish between different Skaven musks. To the majority of non-Skaven, the Ratmen stink of urine and wet fur.

The most common Skaven musk is referred to as the Musk of Fear. Unsurprisingly, the Musk of Fear is secreted when a Skaven is frightened. Though most Skaven are in a near-constant state of anxiety, they only exude in truly terrifying circumstances. This, of course, depends on the individual Skaven, for some are better able to face their fears than others. In any case, what frightens one Skaven may not necessarily frighten another.

The Musk of Fear is a tool of survival, and it allows a single Skaven to warn his fellows that something is horribly wrong. When displayed between individuals, it is almost always a sign of deference, indicating that the Skaven who exudes the musk is, for whatever reasons, displaying overwhelming awe and fear towards his leader. On the battlefield, however, the Musk of Fear can cause a warlord's best-laid plans to collapse. Units of Skaven Clanrats have been known to route to the last Ratman once the Musk of Fear spreads through their ranks.
    Rolling to see if Scar dies. 80-100 means death. (1d100)[17]

Scar shrieks in rage and pain, a raucous high-pitched yelp, and drops his weapon. His right hand has been reduced to a bloody ruin, the child having clenched onto the knife and pulled down the length of his arm.

Barely conscious, blood flowing out of his arm, he grabs at the child and prepares the bite the thing open.
    (d100)[81] vs 36+20 (All Out)
    (1d10-1)[7]
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2012-11-02 at 04:01 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50

The child manages to slip through his bloodslick arms.

The dog launches himself at Scar, in protection of its master. Its eyes are wild and twitching, excited by the abundant scent of blood in the air.
    (1d100)[28] vs WS 28+20 for All out Attack
    (1d10)[5] + SB 2

It grabs Scar's ruined arm and shakes it, chewing on flesh and bone. There is a wet ripping sound and it emerges, carrying Scar's upper arm bone in its jaw.

Scar is dead.

The hovel is literally painted red. Outside, blood begins leaking through the floorboards onto the cold dirt outside.

OOC - Ouch. WFRP is known for being lethal, but this is harsh. Sorry Prophet.
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2012-10-31 at 12:28 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51

OOC - More initiative! (1d10)[4] <- accidental roll, please ignore

Arqueek - (1d10+36)[39]
    Haqueel - (1d10+38)[39]
    Hassz - (1d10+41)[51]
    Kish-keekt - (1d10+36)[39]

Child 2 - (1d10+29)[31]
    Dog - (1d10+30)[36]
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2012-10-31 at 05:38 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

OOC - Reposting Fremen's earlier post for his successful attack, plus rolling damage. I know this will probably be a critical, so I'm gonna roll a d100 as well in advance.

Blinking in confusion at the small man-thing pup which bled before him. He wasn't completely sure how it had managed to survive this long, and the fact that a neck wound hadn't downed the creature was giving the slave cause to hesitate. There was a brief but fierce internal debate, but in the end fight beat flight, and the rat-man launched himself at the human again, hacking again in an attempt to keep the little man-thing down.

(1d10+3)[10]
    (1d100)[35] -> That's a 9 on the arm chart, so insta-death.

The slave's sword plunges through the child's gut, killing it instantly.
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2012-10-31 at 12:41 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53

Chimera

Spoiler
    Show
    Daaaaaamn. It's a good thing we didn't run into something seriously dangerous!

I mean, they might've had a CAT. Then we'd really be hosed.

One dead Skaven and we're not through the second round of combat. Is that the pitter-patter of messenger feet I hear coming up the tunnel? A replacement, maybe?

Kish-keekt puts his head down with a snarl, sprinting around the hut, from whose doorway his sensitive nose catches the reek of fresh blood...And fear. Probably the cursed, crack-bell of a slave. He settles into a predatory lope, dogging the heels of the Clan Eshin thug, just to one side, letting his pick shift in easy balance as he runs with the old, familiar tool. How many years of rock chewed? How many skulls spiked to cavern walls?

Time for more of the latter and less of the former. He hurls himself forward, putting every bit of effort into it he can and raising the pick to time its downward chop with the mass of his body coming down on his leading foot.

Time to see which clan brings back this little tit-bit to lay at the gray one's feet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Charging: Attack against WS 41 with +10% for the charge (1d100)[73]

24. - Top - End - #54

Chimera

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know what I did to upset the forum roller between yesterday and today...

25. - Top - End - #55

Haqueel swings his pick at the only other living hostile in the hovel - the dog.
    (1d100)[12] vs WS 29+20 (All Out)
    (1d10+4)[11] or (1d10+4)[14]

The pick shatters the dogs' skull, adding its blood to the breeder's and the idiot's.

Outside the hovel, another pick gets swinged, but the fleeing child swerves, and the head of the pick barely misses it. It leaves tiny bloody footstep where it runs. It is about half way to the other two hovels now.

Whereas before in the chase, it only quietly sobbed and panted, it now begins to wail and scream.

A window at one of the two hovels begins to flicker with light.

OOC - Damn, Shunka, forgot that you had a great weapon as well. Your pick has the 'Impact' quality, which means you get to roll twice for damage and choose the better of the two. See Haqueel's roll above.

Also Haqueel's roll, since he rolled 10, would usually be subject to Ulric's Fury and critical hits and all that goodness, but duck it, it's a dog. It's dead, haha.
    Last edited by gardenphilosoph; 2012-10-31 at 03:49 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hassz

Kish-keet's pick rises and falls, biting only dirt. This may be his last chance to stop the man-pup before it awakens more resistance.

Attacks: (1d100)[14] vs WS 36 (swift, 2-on-1), (1d100)[22] vs WS 36 (swift, 2-on-1)

Damage: (1d10)[2] + STR bonus 3, (1d10)[1] + STR bonus 3

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd intended to just have my character auto-attack the child until either it got away or I killed it, so I posted a follow-up attack just in case. Also, if I can't get a full attack action while moving--thereby preventing all-outs or swifts--treat only the first roll for attack and damage as being valid.

27. - Top - End - #57

WolfInSheepsClothing

scar charges in going for the manbreeber

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

Um, Prophet:

Quote Originally Posted by gardenphilosoph View Post
    Scar is dead.

OOC - Ouch. WFRP is known for being lethal, but this is harsh. Sorry Prophet.
    Also, unless I'm mistaken, the breeder and one of the children are dead.
    Last edited by Fremen; 2012-10-31 at 10:59 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Arqueek grinned happily as he looked at the ruined bodies at his feet, but his ears quickly perked up at the sound of the other child's screaming. Internally, he cursed the fools that had gone out after the man-thing pup for failing to kill it yet. If that blasted little monster kept its yelling up, then man-thing warriors were sure to arrive soon.

While Harqueek finally slew the wretched mongrel, Arqueek wasted no time, and grabbed at the discarded mining pick the breeder had wielded. He looked frantically about the cabin for anything of value while his busy hands scrabbled through the clothing of two human corpses for anything useful.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arqueek is going to try to frantically loot whatever he sees as valuable in the room, including the mining pick the woman was wielding. I'm not sure if a roll is required to search the room/bodies quickly, but just in case it is, here's the roll:

(1d100)[5]

EDIT: wow, for a slave, this guy's rolls are on fire!
    Last edited by Fremen; 2012-10-31 at 04:14 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60

OOC - Rolling for Hassz's critical hit on the fleeing child. (d100)[48]

There's not a ton to loot in the room, but the woman had a mining pick, and you can always loot Scar's body, which had a short sword, a leather jerkin, and a sack with some rope and lockpicks in it.