New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Shattered Affinities IC

Suddenly surrounded by sounds of battle, Hawthorn looks around at the three kobolds closest to him, and calculating the potential ricochet from countless classroom accidents, fires another twirling bolt at one of them before floating up to the top of the carriage to get a better handle on the situation, all the while cackling as he shouts, "This is way better than midterms!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Chaos Bolt at KM3
    (1d20+4)[6] vs Will
    Damage: (1d10+8)[18]
    If attack is even and hits, ricochet to KM2
    (1d20+4)[13] vs Will
    Damage: (1d6+4)[7]
    Same thing, ricochet to KM1
    (1d20+4)[11] vs Will
    Damage: (1d6+4)[7]
    Same thing, ricochet to KM
    (1d20+4)[20] vs Will
    Damage: (1d6+4)[9]

Then move to B14, on top of the carriage

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

Spotting the javelin fall to the ground to her side, Rain smirks.
    "Many blessings, Hawthorn!" she bellows, taking in her surroundings. Rain takes note of the blockade she inadvertently left the driver and Arkaya to handle. "I'm sure you can handle yourself, but don't get killed while doing it!"

If Kobold M1 is downed:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Double move to (-H, 22)

Otherwise:
    Spoiler
    Show
    First things first, Rain internalizes. The shifter tosses a black braid from her eyes and quickly taps the kobold with a finger to throw it off-balance and follows up with her other arm crashing into its chest like a wave against the shore, pulling the kobold closer. Rain raps on Boendal's shoulder for his attention. "I'm going to help the driver!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Dragon Tail on KM: (1d20+10)[24] vs Fortitude (+3 from Arkaya)
    Damage: (1d6+4)[10] and prone
    If Dragon Tail hits:
    Centered Flurry of Blows on KM for 5 damage and KM moves to (-D,11)
    Move 6sq. to (-F, 17)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

MonkGuy

"Wanna fight that much, do ya!?"

As another kobold drew level, Tor snarled fiercer as he drew his mace and stomped forward. He drew his brawny arm back and aimed a swing at the kobold's head, intent on rearranging its draconic features.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to D-17 and Regular Attack on KM 5
    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[4](9) vs AC

If roll is successful: (1d8+3)[10]
    Adding Furious Assault: (1d8+3)[6]
    I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever. It's been an honor sharing the field of battle with you.
    - Shane "Footsteps" Falco

I like my action the way I like my juice; Pulpy!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Boendal took a quick glance at the Arkaya and the driver. He decided to take care of the creatures on his end.
    Roaring he stroke the kobolt.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reaping strike
    moving to -c,10
    (1d20+5)[21] vs AC
    (1d10+5)[15] damage
    If miss, the target take 2 damage
    Boendal mark the kobold.
    Memory is eternity of a sort

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Arkaya clicks a couple of times, then shifts backward and blasts his attacker again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Shift to -C23
    Standard: Phantom Bolt (d20+4)[7](11) vs KD's Will for (d8+4)[11] damage; on a hit, KD grants CA and may not make OAs UEMNT.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Hawthorn, in his excitement, misses completely, and as he flits up to the safety of the carriage. The kobold he was aiming at snarls at the shot, and yips to his fellow kobold, and both of them nimbly clammer up the carriage after the pixie. The first one immediately takes a dagger to the eye, and he falls back down, quite dead. The second, taking advantage of the situation, manages to make it to top, and engages in a brief tussle with the pixie, but a slight push and a quick slash ensured that the out-of-balance kobold joins his friend.

For those that know draconic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Get the stupid fairy!"

Near the fallen kobolds, Tor lunges forward, but the javelin has a slightly longer range than the mace, and Tor was pushed back with a quick jab to the chest as the kobold sniggers (5 damage).

Meanwhile, Boendal quickly dispatches the kobold near him, allowing Rain to rush off to help the driver. The other kobold rushes in to stab the dwarf, but the fighter was quick enough to dislodge the axe from the other kobold's skull to block the incoming javelin.

As the monk approaches the driver, he notices the driver's longsword deflecting off his enemy's shield, giving the kobold an opening to slice him for 9 damage, while the other Dragonshield dodges Arkaya's arcane bolt of energy, his sword slashing the crystalline being for 7 damage. However, as Rain turns back to the other three enemies, he sees a white stone, a red stone, and a blast of arcane energy flying towards him. He quickly sidesteps the red stone and the blast of energy, but the yellow rock explodes in his face, covering him with some sort of sticky, white substance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Total Damage Summary:
    KD: 7 damage, +5 temp hp
    KD 1: +5 temp hp

Arkaya: 14 damage, marked by KD
    Driver: 16 damage, marked by KD 1
    Tor: 5 damage
    Rain: Immobilized (save ends)

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

It is everyone's turn!
    Last edited by Vesth; 2012-11-03 at 07:00 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

The blow staggers Arkaya, which begins sparking psychic energy. The construct lurches into a strategic area and unleashes a large flare of divine magic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Walk to -F24, provoking an OA from KD.
    Standard: Beacon of Hope (d20)[13] (activates on 2+)
    vs KD will (d20+4)[24], weakening UENT on a hit.
    vs KD1 will (d20+4)[16], weakening UENT on a hit.
    vs KS will (d20+4)[24], weakening UENT on a hit.
    vs KS1 will (d20+4)[11], weakening UENT on a hit.
    vs KW will (d20+4)[20], weakening UENT on a hit.
    Arkaya, Rain and Driver all healed for 5. Arkaya's Healing powers now heal +5hp UEE.
    If the power fails (1 in 20): Spend AP to retry (d20)[18] with the attack rolls, above.
    If Arkaya is still bloodied, Minor Action Healing Word on self for (d6+9)[15] plus a HS (+7) healed; activation 2+: (d20)[20]

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Deflecting the javelin easily with his shield. Boendal started to laugh and with a grin said loudly"I already rip apart your friends. Your next !"

Spoiler
    Show
    Reaping strike
    on KM1
    (1d20+5)[15] vs AC
    (1d10+5)[10] damage
    If miss, the target take 2 damage
    Boendal mark the kobold.

If the kobold die move to -b,15
    If not keep position
    Last edited by Alakokain; 2012-11-03 at 09:39 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Ugh, got filthy kobold blood on my dagger."

Hawthorn drops the dagger and grabs another from his pouch, making a mental note to pick it up later. Looking up, he spots the fray at the front of the carriage, and runs up to the front of the carriage before letting loose another arcing shot into the midst.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to A16 and Chaos Bolt at KS1
    (1d20+4)[10] vs Will
    (1d10+8)[10] damage
    On even hits, ricochets...
    KS
    (1d20+4)[10] vs Will
    (1d6+4)[7] damage
    KW
    (1d20+4)[20] vs Will
    (1d6+4)[5] damage
    KD
    (1d20+4)[8] vs Will
    (1d6+4)[8] damage
    KD1
    (1d20+4)[5] vs Will
    (1d6+4)[6] damage

Man, I just cannot get more than a six on my first roll...
    Last edited by kornwiser; 2012-11-03 at 12:01 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40

MonkGuy

Tor stood his ground as the cut on his chest bled slowly. He ignored the initial spike of pain.

"Gonna take more'n that to scare me off!" The half orc growled. He lunged forward, keeping his eye on the spear, and swung his mace at the smaller dragonoid's head once again, his intent just as murderous, though his attack seemed to be a little more guarded.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to D, 19 and launching Melee Basic Attack on KM5
    Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[23]

If successful: (1d8+3)[4]
    Adding Furious Assault: (1d8+3)[7]
    Last edited by 18th Avenger; 2012-11-14 at 07:11 AM.
    I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever. It's been an honor sharing the field of battle with you.

11. - Top - End - #41

Rain pauses for a moment at being covered in the sticky substance and shudders. I hate kobolds. She inhales and makes several quick spinning strikes at the kobold-knight, hoping the movement will free her of the paste binding her to the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Five Storms on KD1: (1d20+7)[9] vs Reflex for 12 damage
    If hit: he takes another 5 damage (from Centered Flurry) and slides to (-G,23) for a possible OA for the driver.
    Save to end: (1d20)[12]
    Last edited by Ildu; 2012-11-06 at 10:14 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

As Boendal and Tor dispatch their foes alike, a huge burst of light fills the area, an invigorating flare of divinity that soothed the followers of Ioun, but sent the kobolds screaming in pain.

Tor
    Spoiler
    Show
    I took it that you attacked, then moved, because you would provoke an OA otherwise. Shifting is a move action, and you can't walk shift more than 1 square. Moving normally would provoke an OA.

However, the flash of light also distracted the other fighters, and only the crafty driver had the mind to shut his eyes, allowing him to strike the Dragonshield in the chest. (7 damage)

Recoving from the lights in their eyes, the kobolds furiously unleash their counterattack, one of them cutting the driver for 3 damage, while the other strikes Arkaya for 4 damage. The two slingers aim at the pixie on the carriage at the behest of their priest, and though they couldn't shoot it down, the wyrmpriest managed a shot that struck the monk for 6 cold damage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Total Damage Summary:
    KD: 7 damage, +5 temp hp, weakened UENT (Arkaya)
    KD 1: 2 damage, weakened UENT (Arkaya)
    KS: weakened UENT (Arkaya)
    KW: weakened UENT (Arkaya)

Arkaya: 13 damage, Arkaya's Healing powers now heal +5hp UEE, marked by KD
    Driver: 14 damage, Arkaya's Healing powers now heal +5hp UEE, marked by KD 1
    Rain: 6 damage, Arkaya's Healing powers now heal +5hp UEE.

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

It is everyone's turn!
    Last edited by Vesth; 2012-11-09 at 08:13 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

MonkGuy

It was a satisfying thing to watch the kobold who hurt him fall with one good swing of his mace. A part of Tor thought he might have hit a little too hard.

But then again, the little fellow drew first blood. Therefore, the furious blow that caved its skull in was fairly deserved.

The fight was far from done. Much of the melee was now focused around the rock blocking the road, where the kobolds' leader and retinue were holding their own fairly well.

Tor decided that they couldn't have that. He slid his mace back into his sling and drew his hand crossbow. Searching the treeline, he found a spot that looked to be a good place that offered a good view of the melee and moved to it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sheathing Mace (1 Minor Action), Drawing Hand Crossbow (1 Minor Action) and moving to B, 25
    Last edited by 18th Avenger; 2012-11-15 at 09:10 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hawthorn nimbly floated around the two stones headed his way before grimacing at the two kobolds who had launched them.

"Hey hey now, you almost hit me!" he shouted. "You should be more careful, someone might get HURT!" With that, he launched another bolt, aimed at the two kobolds who had tried to strike him.

Spoiler
    Show
    The current map has an error, Hawthorn should be at A16.

Chaos Bolt at KS1
    (1d20+4)[14] vs Will
    (1d10+8)[12] damage
    Ricochet to KS
    (1d20+4)[20] vs Will
    (1d10+8)[13] damage
    Ricochet to KW
    (1d20+4)[12] vs Will
    (1d10+8)[12] damage
    Ricochet to KD
    (1d20+4)[16] vs Will
    (1d10+8)[13] damage
    Ricochet to KD1
    (1d20+4)[22] vs Will
    (1d10+8)[16] damage

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

Another kobold dead. Those creature were weak but numerous.

After dispaching the foe, he turn to help the others at the front. To make it in time he moved closer then throw himself into combat to take yet another Kobold.

"What's up Arkaya. Getting busy around here"

Spoiler
    Show
    moving to -d,20
    charge to -d,24
    Melee basic attack on KS
    [roll]1d20+6[/roll] vs AC
    [roll]1d10+5[/roll] damage
    Boendal mark the kobold.
    Last edited by Alakokain; 2012-11-11 at 12:11 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

"It is indeed a bustling melee, Boendal," the crystalline being replies. It then alarmingly separates into component shards for an instant, each winking out and reforming in a more strategic location.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Teleport to -C23 using Shard Swarm racial EP. Enemies adjacent to Arkaya (KD) grant it CA UENT.
    Minor: If any ally is bloodied, use this action for Healing Word; otherwise it is unspent.
    Standard Action: Gaze of Defiance on KD. (d20+6)[16](22) vs Will for (d8+4)[6] damage. If it hits, KD grants Arkaya's allies a +1 Power bonus to attack him UENT; if he attacks Arkaya during this time, the bonus scales to +3.

Note regarding Beacon of Hope: This power actually heals all allies in the initial burst 3 for 5hp. Thereafter, for the rest of the encounter, Arkaya heals 5 extra HPs with its Healing powers -- regardless of target.
    Last edited by Leewei; 2012-11-13 at 11:14 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

"It is unwise to turn your back on a tiger enraged, little dragons!" Rain shouts as the shifter sends herself into a spinning fury of butterfly kicks and open-handed strikes.

She shoots a glance at the kobold shaman, shuddering a bit from the cold as she flatly speaks the words, "Don't worry, imp-perched-on-stone, you're next."

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: Five Storms: Rain shifts one space over, to (-H,23) and attacks with Five Storms, using her Centered Flurry on KD1.
    Standard: Five Storms on KD1: (1d20+7)[18] vs Reflex for (1d8+9)[17] damage
    Five Storms on KS: (1d20+7)[10] vs Reflex for (1d8+4)[9] damage

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

As Tor drew his crossbow, he moved closer for a better look, he spotted the pixie, perching on top of the carriage, firing off a blast of arcane energy that ricocheted off one of the slingers, and straight into another. Hissing at the pixie, they fire back, and though Hawthorn managed to dodge a yellow rock, the red one hits him, bursting into flames. (6 damage, ongoing 2 fire damage (save ends)).

A blast of light from Arkaya sent one of the kobolds howling in pain, giving Boendal the opportunity to stab it. However, a wild swing catches him across the jaw for 5 damage). Off to the side, the other kobold with a shield successfully parries the driver's blade, and with a push, sends it to the side, scoring a slash for 6 damage. However, such a move gave Rain the time to strike in his unprotected areas, though the slinger had the sense of mind to step away.

"Not before you get first, stinky shifter..." the wyrmpriest said harshly in broken common in reply to her threat, blasting an orb of energy that struck the ground at the monk's feet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Total Damage Summary:
    KD: 16 damage, +1 Power bonus to attack him UENT, marked by Boendal
    KD 1: 19 damage (bloodied)
    KS: 13 damage (bloodied)
    KS1: 12 damage (bloodied)

Arkaya: 13 damage, Arkaya's Healing powers now heal +5hp UEE
    Driver: 20 damage, marked by KD 1, bloodied
    Rain: 6 damage
    Hawthorn: 6 damage, ongoing 2 fire damage (save ends)
    Boendal: 5 damage, marked by KD

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

It is everyone's turn!

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

"Be careful you silly monster. You almost cut my beard !"

His beard was none of his concern right now. Blow to the head could be more than deadly, he was lucky. Taking a better stance than when he had come charging, he launch another attack

Spoiler
    Show

Covering Attack (encounter power) on KD
    (1d20+5)[25] vs AC
    (2d10+5)[13] damage
    Boendal mark the kobold.

20. - Top - End - #50

MonkGuy

The priest was the core of resistance, that much was obvious to Tor as it hurled spells at his party. Even as he had hurled magic at Rain, Tor was sighting down his bolt, controlling his breathing before loosing his shot. No taunt before the squeezing of the trigger, no grin. There would be no other more disheartening blow then to see a bolt suddenly sprout in your chest with absolutely no warning.

Tor didn't see his bolt land, but he did notice that one of the priest's retinue was looking plenty menacing. The half orc dropped the crossbow and held his mace in a two handed grip, his teeth bared as he readied himself for its attack, should it come.

Spoiler
    Show
    At-Will: Disheartening Strike, (1d20+5)[4](9)
    Result: (1d6+5)[6](11), -2 to Attack Rolls Until The End Of My Next Turn If Damage Is Done

Second Action: Drop hand crossbow, draw mace and grip two-handed (Versatile)
    Last edited by 18th Avenger; 2012-11-14 at 09:03 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hawthorn's eyes lit up with an angry gleam. "Like playing with fire, you dumb lizard?" Ignoring the licks of flame still lingering on his clothes, he rushed forward to take cover behind Arkaya, not wanting to leave himself in the open too long as he made his advance. He shot off another bolt from behind the construct, and readied himself to get his fiery revenge.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to -B, 22

Chaos Bolt on KD
    (1d20+4)[7] vs Will (if this is odd, I get a saving throw: (1d20)[18]
    (1d10+8)[15] damage
    Ricochet to KW
    (1d20+4)[7] vs Will
    (1d6+4)[6] damage
    Ricochet to KS
    (1d20+4)[9] vs Will
    (1d6+4)[7] damage
    Ricochet to KD1
    (1d20+4)[12] vs Will
    (1d6+4)[7] damage
    Ricochet to KS1
    (1d20+4)[15] vs Will
    (1d6+4)[9] damage

And finally, a normal saving throw for the end of my turn. Edit: Whoops, forgot this one, but guess it didn't matter.
    Last edited by kornwiser; 2012-11-14 at 12:38 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

Rain sneers toothily at the kobold shaman, letting a giggle slip as she turns to face the armored kobold beside her. They are certainly creatures of powerful will and determination, but a threat that must be put down if the group is to continue in its path. Without hesitation, Rain delivers a high kick to the kobold, using an open-palmed strike to the back of its head in an attempt to unbalance it and make the kobold fall.

Spoiler
    Show
    At-Will: Centered Flurry Dragon's Tail on KD1: (1d20+7)[15] vs Fortitude for (1d6+9)[15] damage and Prone
    Move: Five Storms to shift to (-I,22). If the attack would down KD1, shift to (-I,24) instead

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Arkaya clicks a couple of times with concern for the driver. It then channels divine power through its orb, pronouncing a strange word that twists the man's body, expertly closing his wounds. The same orb then flares with psychic power, amplifying the dispassionate stare of the construct as it assaults the mind of a nearby kobold.

Spoiler
    Show
    Minor: Healing Word on the driver. Activation 1+ (d20)[6] for (d6+9)[12] plus a surge of healing.
    Standard: Gaze of Defiance on KS1 (d20+4)[20](24) vs Will for (d8+4)[6] (Edit: Crit! 12) damage.
    Move: If Healing Word fizzles, convert to Minor and re-attempt (d20)[4]
    Last edited by Leewei; 2012-11-15 at 08:36 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

As yet another of Hawthorn's blasts and Tor's arrows fly overhead, Boendal stepped in, and with a heavy sweep, his sword clanged against the kobold's. You could hear him grunt, trying to stop the blade, but to no avail; it literally broke under pressure, as Boendal drew back his blade and pushed forward again, stabbing it clean through. Its eyes looked back at the dwarf's, a look of utter disbelief, before the spark in them disappeared forever.

Just then, another kobold screams, a truly horrifying sound as it clutches its head as Arkaya concentrates on it, writhing and turning on the ground, before it finally goes limp, blood pouring out of every orifice on its face.

The other slinger watches in horror as one by one, each of its allies die gruesomely, and watching Rain effortlessly sweeped another kobold's feet from under him, making it fall face flat onto the hard, unyielding ground, just to have a sword rammed down its neck, it finally snaps, and makes a break for it.

The wyrmpriest screams after the fleeing kobold, but with no allies to back him up, he hightails it as well.

For those who know Draconic:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Come back here, or I'll skin you alive myself!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Total Damage Summary:
    KS: 13 damage (bloodied)

Arkaya: 13 damage, Arkaya's Healing powers now heal +5hp UEE
    Rain: 6 damage
    Hawthorn: 8 damage
    Boendal: 5 damage, marked by KD

Map
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Combat Is Over
    Spoiler
    Show
    Each person gets 125 exp.

Cleaning yourselves of the stink, blood and sweat, you find a tidy sum of 90gp among the corpses, and after a little thank you for healing him, the driver settles the horses, and continues the trip.

The rest of it is rather uneventful, and you reach Diimopheus another 2 hours later without further incident, joining dozens of other adventurers and merchants entering or leaving the city.

As you pass through the grand gates that glow with a deep mystical blue, you see a vibrant city of magic, with structures that defy gravity, floating or even moving, as people mill around, doing their daily business, apparently desensitized to the wonders around them. The driver gets off the horses, stretching his aching muscles from sitting so long, and turns to the group.

"Welp, there ends the trip. If you'll excuse me, I'll drown myself in the Drunken Eye. My favourite inn 'round this parts! The good pope told me to point you to ol' Skinny over there, so I guess I'll see you then." he said, pointing to a tall lean male elf, before walking away, waving goodbye to the group.

The elf stands in a group, apparently in an animated discussion or debate with a dwarf and a dragonborn.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

After the fight Boendal checked his axe. Breaking his enemy weapon gave a good feel but taking care of your equipment was the warrior duty. The blade was fine apparently, the kobold one must have had a weakness in his.

At last they arrived at Diimopheus. "It's a pretty city indeed, but if i had to choose i would not let fly those structures like this. I would be scared to take a building to the face if any of those things fall."

after the driver finished talking Boendal said with a smile ""Thanks for the ride. If we are free tonight I will share a mug of beer with you. If not i'll gladly do so another day. Then he waved goodbye to the driver.

Boendal then take some strides to get to the elf's group. "Excuse me good Sirs. I'm Boendal Grindcutter, me and my party have been sent here by the Ioun's pope of Conscientia. It seems that you are organising groups to search ancient temples and libraries for clues and possible rituals. We are willing to help in those searches, in the hope of finding a solution in the wavering links to the gods. So, what do you say ?" Stroking his beard he waited for an answer.
    Last edited by Alakokain; 2012-11-16 at 07:19 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

"I am Arkaya," the construct states, "The priesthood of all lore acknowledges common cause with that of the priesthood of music and flowers. The power and influence of our divinities in this world must endure."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

MindFlayer

Hawthorn once more takes a seat, without asking, on Rain's shoulder. He cheerily waves as they approach, and leans forward eagerly to hear the elf's response.

29. - Top - End - #59

Stepping out of the carriage and rubbing her sore backside, the shifter thanks the driver, giving him the occasional smile and nudge.
    "You fight well, brave driver. Like our dwarf-friend mentioned; if we're still free, I'd be happy to toast you a cup. May you travel bright paths."

Folding her arms over her chest as she joins the rest of the group, Rain sizes up the trio of the elf, dwarf, and dragonborn before leaning her head closer to Hawthorn.
    "I wonder what they've found... they seem... excited," she whispers to her miniature companion.
    Last edited by Ildu; 2012-11-16 at 10:11 PM. Reason: missed a comma

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

"As I have said for the upteempth time, no! The both of you can't just wander in alone!" the elf said, rather exasperated.

"For gods sake, we can handle ourselves! Riskkar and I, we work best, just the two of us." the dwarf replied angrily.

"Indeed. We've handed dozens of tombs before. We have quite the impressive record without any help."

"But-oh, there you are. Excuse me for a moment."

Dragging the group away from the two, the elf tugs frustratedly at his hair.

"Ahh, so you're the group sent by the pope of Ioun. I'm Skarianol'li, or Skar for short. I've been told to expect a construct. That must be you," he said, gesturing at Arkaya.

"Dear, we don't exactly...tell people the problems that's been happening. I know you're a cleric of Ioun and all, but the less people know about this issue, the better...and oh, I know you!" he said, bending down in front of Hawthorn. "I'm the brother of one of your teachers. He told me a lot about your...exploits. If you have time afterwards, I have a favor to ask of you."

Standing up, and making sure that no one else is listening in on their conversation, he says quietly. "Right, so you're here to help us look for knowledge on this...issue, right? I've a group of two right here, a bunch of mercenaries who has volunteered to help us explore one of the of the ancient temples. They even know how to go there. But they don't know anything about the situation, and I don't plan to tell them. They'll likely sell the information away to the highest bidder. But I need someone to look after them, and to actually look, instead of pillaging everything, and just 'bringing every bleedin' scrap of paper', as the dwarf so callously puts it. Oh course, they're quite a handful, and I understand if you don't want to work with them. I can just arrange for you to explore another temple that's a little further away, and wait for one of our own clerics to come back, before sending him with them."