New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution Thread I

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Mortal World
    (Suburbia)

"You're... you're one of the bad men, aren't you? One of those creeps in black cloaks. Cutie Pie warned me about you people." There she goes inadvertantly giving away more information than she realizes.
    Hayato tilts his head a little at her statement.
    Cutie Pie? A strange name for a Hollow. Well...she doesn't look like too great of a threat to anyone even with that beast in her.

The young man at the windowsill exits his track of thought to respond to the girls question.
    One of the bad men? You must be referring to the Shinigami. The men who hunt Hollows. You have my word though for what its worth when I say I haven't had any association with the Shinigami for quite a long time. And as I said before, I did not come here tonight to attack you.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    Hayato tilts his head a little at her statement.
    Cutie Pie? A strange name for a Hollow. Well...she doesn't look like too great of a threat to anyone even with that beast in her.

The young man at the windowsill exits his track of thought to respond to the girls question.
    One of the bad men? You must be referring to the Shinigami. The men who hunt Hollows. You have my word though for what its worth when I say I haven't had any association with the Shinigami for quite a long time. And as I said before, I did not come here tonight to attack you.
    "Then... what do you want with me?" There was the question again. Miko was still very wary of the stranger, but if he truly was no longer with the bad men in black, she was no longer sure if he was someone who could be trusted. It was so long since she knew anyone who could truly be trusted other than Cutie Pie.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Mortal World] Suburbia: Miko Residence

Hayato is silent for a moment as he ponders on the girls question.
    Honestly...I don't know myself. My initial purpose for coming here was simply because I detected a mortal that had Spiritual Essence within them. Its a sort of rarity among the living if you think about it.

Other then that...I suppose I'm just looking for acquaintances, perhaps allies.

Hayato shrugs at that last comment as he turns his gaze out towards the town.
    All I know is that I can't go back to being in exile.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    Jehoel's Sea

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jehoel shrugs at Mikael's prompting about the place's destruction.

"Why bother? This place is meaningless."

The sentence reveals more of Jehoel. Whatever regrets he may have about building this place, they simply do not compare to the power of his apathy.

"Regardless, this place serves a practical purpose. It represents power to those who are not worth my time. It has warded off many who would have tried to claim my head."

There is a slight, almost unnoticeable emphasis on the word "tried." At Mikael's mention of medical supplies, however, Jehoel shifts in his seat, leaning forward.

"I'm afraid there is no 'us' in this. A Hollow can simply regenerate injuries, to a variable degree. You, however, are an unknown."

Jehoel pauses.

"Tell me, what can you do? We may be able to find a way for you to heal yourself."
    Mikael would frown, if he still had lips. As it is, the blank white mask covering his face is as apatheic as the man opposite to him. "I can talk to items - make them do my bidding", Mikael explains. "That's why I asked if you had medical supplies. Even a simple first aid kit would be a start. It's hard to tell how different items will react, but if I had a large enough collection of things, I'm sure I could figure something out with trial and error." Sitting still makes the mortal realize how tired he actually is. He struggles against yawning, but fails. His mask cracks and splits from where his mouth should be as a result.

"If you don't, I ask you to fetch some. I don't think I can find my way anywhere myself. You'd probably be quicker without me."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

Soul Society
    Reconnaissance

Hikaru stares at the trooper, almost studying him. He better hope she can't read mind. Who knows what rumor says these days.
    "I suppose your right about reading those reports... Might as well get started on that."

Soul Society
    Combat Division
    Eri growss solemn.
    "You're stubbornness could be a danger to Soul society one day..."
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

6. - Top - End - #276

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Jehoel's Sea

Mikael would frown, if he still had lips. As it is, the blank white mask covering his face is as apatheic as the man opposite to him. "I can talk to items - make them do my bidding", Mikael explains. "That's why I asked if you had medical supplies. Even a simple first aid kit would be a start. It's hard to tell how different items will react, but if I had a large enough collection of things, I'm sure I could figure something out with trial and error." Sitting still makes the mortal realize how tired he actually is. He struggles against yawning, but fails. His mask cracks and splits from where his mouth should be as a result.

"If you don't, I ask you to fetch some. I don't think I can find my way anywhere myself. You'd probably be quicker without me."
    Hueco Mundo
    Jehoel's Island

Jehoel listens to Mikael's explanation, then nods at his request.

"Very well."

Standing, Jehoel rips open a Garganta and enters it.

Close to fifteen minutes later, Jehoel reemerges from a new Garganta. He holds in his hands a moderately sized first aid kit. While not enormous, it is clearly of high quality, and likely quite expensive. He hands it to Mikael.

"Try this."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Mortal World
    (The Classroom)

Sawada's sudden appearance briefly startles Kenzan. "Well so much for keeping things secret." On the one hand, someone offering answers to the questions he seeks is pretty convenient. On the other hand, it's almost too convenient. Kenzan is torn on whether to trust Sawada or not, but one thing's for certain, his offer is certainly the most interesting.
    Sawada shakes a finger at Kenzen, tsking softly. "A hundred years to early for you to keep off my radar I'm afraid. But this really doesn't address your concerns and questions does it? The options are trusting me or looking for someone else. You could do that but I'm right here and happy to help. Eager to help even. You lot can do more on your own than any red tape in the world beyond at any rate. But if we all just let you rage down here you could do some real damage. Or just die. Probably considering the warzone the moral world is going to turn into." he shrugs, puffing at his pipe slowly.

[Soul Society]
    Monastery of the Ho-ou

"My final topic concerns the slaughter of district 79 and the death of our two captains. You are both well-informed on what happened, but lately I've begun to question why they happened."

"District 79 is one of the outermost district, so on a cursory glance, it's not that surprising it was among first to be overrun by this Hollow incursion. But district 79 was otherwise fairly peculiar. How much do you remember of the ancient Suou house?"
    Fuyu perks a brow at the mention of such a maligned and nearly forgotten noble family. "Not much really, never was one for stuffy politics. Remember the coup attempt but that's about it and even then the memory is a bit fuzzy. I thought they'd been executed or driven off to exile outside the districts even. You're not suggesting what I think you're suggesting. That they've come back to wreak havoc and are using tamed hollows to do their dirty work?!" He slams a fist on the table, his face growing a bit red. "That simply will not stand!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    [Soul Society]
    S.S.I.

As Suou arrives in the S.S.I. proper, she looks around and inhales deeply. "Looks like I was wrong," she then says to herself. It reminds her, a little, of home, when she would go out with her mother.

Suou Nicole follows the Oni to the tower.

She sees the Grand Sorcerer, and gives a bow of respect as soon as she enters the room. "Hello," she says, before quickly sitting.

"..."
    She doesn't know what to say.
    "Hello Grand Sorcerer." Sawada corrects, offering the young Shinigami a cup of tea with a nod. "This must seem strange to you, being called so far from the Pack's den yes? I hear you've only recently joined us here in the city. How are you liking it here?" he asks, leaning back gently in his seat with a soft smile.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mortal World
    (The Classroom)

"Wow, you're full of yourself," Kenzan has no trouble commenting to this stranger as he swipes at the shaking finger. "If you're here to explain things, start explaining. You're making even less sense."

(Suburbia)

Miko hesitates, starting to wonder if she could actually trust this person. Some of what he says starts to resonate with her. She can feel sympathetic towards feeling like an outcast. After all, her family and schoolmates never really understood her. She starts to relax a little, no longer completely on edge and ready to bolt at a moment's notice. "A girl's bedroom is a weird place to do that. You know someone might see you and think you're a perv or something, right?"

Soul Society
    (Combat Division)

"This isn't the place for idle threats. If you have something to say, say it plainly," Kiba growls. "You said your business was 'getting to know' the fellow divisions? Well that's what you need to know. Our two Divisions don't get along well. Never have. Probably never will. If you want to 'get to know' me better, then know that I have no patience for paperwork or double talk. I'm busy trying to form a defense of Seireitei with an army a small portion of the minimum size needed to cover all the grounds, most of which are fresh out of the academy and barely trained, against a force that was capable of killing two of the strongest men in Soul Society. All while the rest of the Captains apparently do nothing but sit in meetings together talking and planning but never doing anything."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    Jehoel's sea

If Mikael could blink, he would. Jehoel told him his kind could move through worlds willy-nilly, but sudden demonstration of the ability catches the mortal off-guard. Mikael stares after Jehoel into the pitch-black tear in reality, amazed by the apparent effortlessness of the task.

Then, he collects himself and resumes pondering the question at hand. How should he go about treating his injuries? He faintly remembers that transplants of healthy skin are used to heal skin damage, but in this case he probably doesn't have enough skin left for that to work. He'll need some kind of artificial skin to get started. But how to get it stick? Stitching is out of the question, piercing his body is likely too difficult. So, some kind of glue then?

Once Jehoel returns and hands his findings to him, Mikael opens the bag and starts rummaging through its contents, first taking each item into his hands, examining it a while, and the setting aside on the floor as he moves on to the next. A pair of small scissors... several rolls of gauze... a sling... a bottle of disinfectant spray... Hah! Superglue! That's a start. Mikael sets it clearly apart from the other items. After a moment of pondering, the gauze rolls accompany it.

What else? Sanitizing tissue... some kind of skin emulsion... a cold pack... a roll of tape... and several different sizes of band-aids. Mikael looks over the items, then grabs the disinfectant spray. "To be honest, I don't think this is enough. But let's see what works before I make you fetch anything else."

Improve.

Jehoel can see the bottle warp in Mikael's hand. The text of the label twists and turns, forming completely new words. Then, Mikael puts it down and wraps his left hand around his right arm. Reduce. The white shell around his arm turns back to sand and rattles down on the ground. Now Jehoel can see the extent of the mortal's injuries. His arm is covered in black patches of clotted blood, looking roughly like a rotten slab of uncooked meat that someone dropped on a dirty floor. Without further ado, Mikael grabs the disinfectant in his left hand and starts spraying it on his arm.

Lo and behold! The sand is neatly blown away from the flesh, and the exposed muscles quickly start returning to a healthier color. "This burns like hell, I'll let you know", Mikael remarks as he goes over his whole arm, up to the shoulder. It's not difficult to believe, as faint steam rises from every inch the spray was applied to.

After spraying his whole arm, Mikael grabs the emulsion can. Improve. After the transformation is done, he stops to read the changed label. "Meh, it will do." Then he slathers the whole can over his arm. It forms a strange, transparent but sticky film over his flesh.

Next in turn is a roll of gauze. Improve. The textile changes, becoming silk-like and flexible. Mikael stares at the roll contemplatively, then starts wrapping around his arm. After he's done, he lifts his hand up and testingly wriggles his fingers a bit. "The items tell me that with time, this fabric will med into my flesh and become like my own skin. I don't know how long it will take. I can't improve them any further." He glances at the pile of remaining equipment. "I'm going to need more gauze. And more of that ointment. Oh, and bring more spray, just in case." Before Jehoel can leave, Mikael hurries to make one more addition: "And a plastic nose!"

---

[Soul Society]
    Monastery of the Ho-ou

Li blinks. "That is an interesting theory, Suzaku-san. But not one I'm proposing, seeing that the main branch of the house was mostly likely driven to extinction by this very same Hollow assault." The elderly captain leans back, looking very serious. "It does give me ideas for new venues of investigation, however. I suspect someone wanted to remove the Suou house from the face of Soul Society, but I haven't thought it could be due to internal tensions among that house. I must see if any of the sidebranches are still active."

"But I'm getting ahead of myself. The destruction of that house was the main point I wanted to bring to your attention. If you look at our history, Suou house is one the reasons why our esteemed organization was founded in the first place. Though exiled, it became a considerable force of stability in the furthest reaches of Rukon."

"Now, as said, it would make sense for an enemy force to strike against such district first. But the problem is... how did the Hollows know?"

"Ponder upon it for a moment, gentlemen."

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mortal World (Suburbia)

Miko hesitates, starting to wonder if she could actually trust this person. Some of what he says starts to resonate with her. She can feel sympathetic towards feeling like an outcast. After all, her family and schoolmates never really understood her. She starts to relax a little, no longer completely on edge and ready to bolt at a moment's notice. "A girl's bedroom is a weird place to do that. You know someone might see you and think you're a perv or something, right?"
    Hayato smirks at the comment, responding with a short chuckle.
    If being accused of being some Peeping Tom by some overly curious neighbors is the worst thing that happens. I think I'll be in good shape.

11. - Top - End - #281

Spoiler
    Show
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Jehoel's sea

If Mikael could blink, he would. Jehoel told him his kind could move through worlds willy-nilly, but sudden demonstration of the ability catches the mortal off-guard. Mikael stares after Jehoel into the pitch-black tear in reality, amazed by the apparent effortlessness of the task.

Then, he collects himself and resumes pondering the question at hand. How should he go about treating his injuries? He faintly remembers that transplants of healthy skin are used to heal skin damage, but in this case he probably doesn't have enough skin left for that to work. He'll need some kind of artificial skin to get started. But how to get it stick? Stitching is out of the question, piercing his body is likely too difficult. So, some kind of glue then?

Once Jehoel returns and hands his findings to him, Mikael opens the bag and starts rummaging through its contents, first taking each item into his hands, examining it a while, and the setting aside on the floor as he moves on to the next. A pair of small scissors... several rolls of gauze... a sling... a bottle of disinfectant spray... Hah! Superglue! That's a start. Mikael sets it clearly apart from the other items. After a moment of pondering, the gauze rolls accompany it.

What else? Sanitizing tissue... some kind of skin emulsion... a cold pack... a roll of tape... and several different sizes of band-aids. Mikael looks over the items, then grabs the disinfectant spray. "To be honest, I don't think this is enough. But let's see what works before I make you fetch anything else."

Improve.

Jehoel can see the bottle warp in Mikael's hand. The text of the label twists and turns, forming completely new words. Then, Mikael puts it down and wraps his left hand around his right arm. Reduce. The white shell around his arm turns back to sand and rattles down on the ground. Now Jehoel can see the extent of the mortal's injuries. His arm is covered in black patches of clotted blood, looking roughly like a rotten slab of uncooked meat that someone dropped on a dirty floor. Without further ado, Mikael grabs the disinfectant in his left hand and starts spraying it on his arm.

Lo and behold! The sand is neatly blown away from the flesh, and the exposed muscles quickly start returning to a healthier color. "This burns like hell, I'll let you know", Mikael remarks as he goes over his whole arm, up to the shoulder. It's not difficult to believe, as faint steam rises from every inch the spray was applied to.

After spraying his whole arm, Mikael grabs the emulsion can. Improve. After the transformation is done, he stops to read the changed label. "Meh, it will do." Then he slathers the whole can over his arm. It forms a strange, transparent but sticky film over his flesh.

Next in turn is a roll of gauze. Improve. The textile changes, becoming silk-like and flexible. Mikael stares at the roll contemplatively, then starts wrapping around his arm. After he's done, he lifts his hand up and testingly wriggles his fingers a bit. "The items tell me that with time, this fabric will med into my flesh and become like my own skin. I don't know how long it will take. I can't improve them any further." He glances at the pile of remaining equipment. "I'm going to need more gauze. And more of that ointment. Oh, and bring more spray, just in case." Before Jehoel can leave, Mikael hurries to make one more addition: "And a plastic nose!"
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Jehoel's Island

Jehoel watches as Mikael explains his powers and tends to his injuries. At Mikael's prompting, he stands and rips open another Garganta. Mikael's final request catches him as he prepares to go through, and he turns back to look at Mikael. He blinks once, nods, and then enters the Garganta. A few minutes later, he returns with a cardboard box containing sufficient supplies for Mikael to finish treating his injuries. At the very top of the box, a nose made of plastic is perched, quite out of place.
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2013-03-29 at 09:14 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

Piece by piece, Mikael dismantles his sand shell and replaces it with the silken bandages. As he works, Jehoel might note that the skin on his back is still roughly intact, with outlines of coiled snake tattoo just barely visible on his left shoulder. Tbe bandages soon obscure it.

As a final touch, Mikael picks up the plastic nose and presses it against his face. The mortal freezes, apparently in deep contemplation for a couple of minutes. If he could, he would shut his eyes. To Jehoel, purpose of this behaviour is probably lost, but Mikael is doing his damnest to convince the shoddy plastic replica that it's actually his own, real nose. After lots of trying, he lowers the nose, grabs the superglue and aggressively applies it on the damn thing. Then, he sticks it to his face and says the magic words: Improve. Jehoel can see how the plastic melts and affixes itself on the mortal's face.

Then, the mortal quickly bandages the rest of his face to hide the attrocity from view, leaving only his mouth and right eye exposed. Ironically, despite supposedly being the more lively party of the two beings present, Mikael is the one that looks like a B-horror movie monster.

After gathering remaining medical supplies in the cardboard box Jehoel brought and subsequently hiding said boz under Jehoel's writing desk, Mikael sits on one of the protrusions and leans back, finally feeling like he can relax a bit. Putting his hands behind his back, he glances at the roof. "Thanks for running my errands. It's quite much to ask from a total stranger. I figure you don't usually act like this. You feel like a guy who is beyond caring for most things." Mikael shifts his head to look at Jehoel. "No offense meant, buddy. But I have to wonder, what's the occasion? Are you simply that curious?"

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

Mortal World
    (The Classroom)

"Wow, you're full of yourself," Kenzan has no trouble commenting to this stranger as he swipes at the shaking finger. "If you're here to explain things, start explaining. You're making even less sense."
    Sawada moves his finger with another tsk, shaking his head. "Troubling for you I'm sure, I have no reason to defend myself to feeble taunts. Sadly I lack the ability to read minds or stare into the hearts of those around me. I'm working on both of those abilities however so I could wait until then and answer your questions or you could ask them. There's little to explain until I know what you -want- to know. Let me help you out. "Who the hell are you, cocky son of a dog?" he mimics Kenzen's voice, breathing a puff of smoke at the boy if he continues to crowd him.

"I am Captain Yasunobu Sawada of the Shinigami Science Institute, or as I am called in my own organization Grand Sorcerer Yasunobu. I am a Shinigami, as the Captaincy of the Shinigami Science Institute would lead you to assume. Alongside your little Hollow problem are the Shinigami and beside Hueco Mundo lies Soul Society where the souls of the departed find their way. We Shinigami are shepards and protectors of such souls and make certain that any wayward pluse, another term for soul, who sticks around for what ever feelings you mortals cling to while on this world.

Your teacher here however has done you a disservice. Hollows don't start out that way, they come from well...you." He motions to the assembled with a hand. "When you die, generally your soul passes on to Soul Society where it is reborn and your memories are washed away for your new life. The lot of you perhaps have enough potential to retain some vauge sense of your life here but that's really not here or there now is it? None of you are going to die so soon so let's just move on? At any rate, a soul that wanders this world has a chain called a Chain of Fate which attaches to what ever is holding you from moving on. Shinigami like myself can preform a ritual to release your vessel but if we don't find you in time...the sorrow will eat away at you until you become a Hollow...and then you'll eat your still living friends and families to try and fill that void inside you. Then a Shinigami comes and kills you and your Soul returns to the flow. Or it doesn't and the Hollow You, twisted beyond what you are now, finds it's ways to the White Sands of Hueco Mundo where you live the rest of your life or get eaten by a bigger meaner Hollow.

Of course you can't begrudge your teacher, learning information from a Zanpakuto that isn't yours is perhaps not the best way to learn things. We'll have to talk about how you got that blade of yours incidentally, owning it is a rather heinous crime in Soul Society you must understand. There are Laws in place so that a Shinigami can't amass more zanpakuto then their own after all. Your stolen zanpakuto was the extension of another Shinigami, molded over time and with great effort from a much simpler weapon, you hold in your hand a weapon akin to me using the bloody arm of another person to kill animals. I look forward to seeing how this interaction plays out. When a Shinigami is somehow unlucky to forge a blade that another Shinigami has forged...they fight to the death for the right to use the weapon. If those Shinigami survive they are exiled or executed. Why they cannot simply restart the forming process of a new blade is beyond me but I do not make the rules. Speaking of the rules however.

You're not bound to them, which is why I'm here. You don't have to follow the dictates of Soul Society nor is Soul Society a place any of you will be going to either, stepping foot inside it would be a death sentence regardless of your other crimes, especially after the Hollows invaded. But that's not information you need either. What does matter is that Hollow activity is likely to rise here in the Mortal World and well...Soul Society can't watch over the whole world. Nor can they go where ever they want or side step legalities that you all otherwise could. So it benefits us all if you fight these weakling hollows and free up valuable resources elsewhere. You'll get some free toys out of the deal to make your jobs easier and if you don't die then you'll just get better at doing the job you're already going to do. If you die...more will fill your place. Now then, your turn to ask the questions before I spill information that I may very well get in trouble for spreading. The walls have eyes after all."

He gently moves his gaze to the general area Arianna is hiding, almost seeming to stare through the wall before focusing on the mortals once more.

[Soul Society]
    Monastery of the Ho-ou

Li blinks. "That is an interesting theory, Suzaku-san. But not one I'm proposing, seeing that the main branch of the house was mostly likely driven to extinction by this very same Hollow assault." The elderly captain leans back, looking very serious. "It does give me ideas for new venues of investigation, however. I suspect someone wanted to remove the Suou house from the face of Soul Society, but I haven't thought it could be due to internal tensions among that house. I must see if any of the sidebranches are still active."

"But I'm getting ahead of myself. The destruction of that house was the main point I wanted to bring to your attention. If you look at our history, Suou house is one the reasons why our esteemed organization was founded in the first place. Though exiled, it became a considerable force of stability in the furthest reaches of Rukon."

"Now, as said, it would make sense for an enemy force to strike against such district first. But the problem is... how did the Hollows know?"

"Ponder upon it for a moment, gentlemen."
    [Soul Society]
    Monastery of the Ho-ou

Fuyu remains silent for a long time, closing his eyes in thought until it almost seems the elderly Shinigami has drifted off only to rouse with a loud hrmph of derision. "They didn't. There were no Hollows."
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2013-03-30 at 05:47 AM.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

Crossing hands, Li leans closer to Fuyu. "An interesting deduction, Suzaku-san. But what train of thought let you to this conclusion? Please, elaborate." The ancient Captain smiles in a way that beams curiosity. To someone else, Fuyu's statements might seem like insane jumping to conclusion, but during the decades, centuries even, during which Li has been acquianted with the officer, the Captain has come to appreciate his unpredictable way of thinking. Li knows it is all too easy to delude one's self into believing one has considered every option, without noticing how one has near-unconsciously dismissed some venues as "implausible" or "stupid".

Sometimes, a superficially bizarre opinion or statement might prove surprisingly applicable to a problem. After all, few things are stranger than life. Or, well, afterlife.

15. - Top - End - #285

[Soul Society]
    S.S.I

"Hello Grand Sorcerer," she repeats. If someone corrects you on their title, then formalities like this are always important to call them. That much has been pretty drilled into her head from birth.

The girl accepts the tea, and takes a small sip.

"Yes, Grand Sorcerer," replies Nicole, with a nod, to the second question. Then, she says, "It is very..." She searches for a word. "busy. Sort-of like how my house's grounds were on festivals." There were several of those, and everyone from the roundabouts was invited in to celebrate. The parties, of course, ranged everywhere from feasts to burning effigies to memorials.

[Hueco Mundo]
    The Arena

Valentina continues to watch the battle, being very much amused as she tries to bet with herself how long the match will last.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mortal World Classroom

Tamaki follows Sawada's eyes to stare at the expanse of wall as well before reorienting his vision running a hand through his blonde locks in slight frustration. "In other words we're convenient cannon fodder so that the forces of rebirth and death can continue their war while the living get caught in between, and we need your help or our world could cease to be as we know it. And so the horse follows the carrot. *sigh* Very well if all we need do is ask then. Please tell me what war with the Hollows has to do with the mortal world. Why are they attacking us when they should be going after you?"

Soul Society Training Grounds

Naijeru was forced to take a step back from the sword butt attack that was aimed at his neck. Upon stepping back just enough to dodge He attempts to step back in just as quickly for a quick headbutt realizing that if Dosan brought his blade back for another bash that he had no defense. Hopefully neither did Dosan for his headbutt.

17. - Top - End - #287

Soul Society
    (Combat Division)

"This isn't the place for idle threats. If you have something to say, say it plainly," Kiba growls. "You said your business was 'getting to know' the fellow divisions? Well that's what you need to know. Our two Divisions don't get along well. Never have. Probably never will. If you want to 'get to know' me better, then know that I have no patience for paperwork or double talk. I'm busy trying to form a defense of Seireitei with an army a small portion of the minimum size needed to cover all the grounds, most of which are fresh out of the academy and barely trained, against a force that was capable of killing two of the strongest men in Soul Society. All while the rest of the Captains apparently do nothing but sit in meetings together talking and planning but never doing anything."
    Eri shakes his head, calm now, but disappointed.
    "It is your duty to do whatever you can to protect Soul society Kiba-san. Just remember that. I suppose I should be off to the SSI now. I was wondering if I could inquire about new inventions."
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

18. - Top - End - #288

Mortal World - Outside of the Classroom

Luckily, Arianna did not keep her head in the window long after her initial peak. She did stay near it, though, so she could hear what was being said.

And at Sawada's last comment, she knew that he knew she was there. It was possible that he was just guessing, or making that comment for some dramatic effect, but something inside of her told her that he knew.

Not that it should really matter to her much. But it did, and she wasn't sure why. She'd have to think about that later.

For now, she just needed to focus on what was being discussed inside the room.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    S.S.I

"Hello Grand Sorcerer," she repeats. If someone corrects you on their title, then formalities like this are always important to call them. That much has been pretty drilled into her head from birth.

The girl accepts the tea, and takes a small sip.

"Yes, Grand Sorcerer," replies Nicole, with a nod, to the second question. Then, she says, "It is very..." She searches for a word. "busy. Sort-of like how my house's grounds were on festivals." There were several of those, and everyone from the roundabouts was invited in to celebrate. The parties, of course, ranged everywhere from feasts to burning effigies to memorials.
    "Life is very different here than out in the Rukon yes, I myself was from the 76th Southern District myself before finding my way here. Rules and regulations, food to fill your stomach and fine tea to wet your lips. A well of knowledge that simply seems never to run dry. It is a fine place. I am certain you will come to get used to the hustle and bustle." Sawada offers friendly enough, sipping at his tea while keeping his gaze upon the young Shinigami woman. "Oh...and what House were you born into? Not the Yasunobu Family or we'd have met much sooner I suspect. Did you know I was a noble?"

Crossing hands, Li leans closer to Fuyu. "An interesting deduction, Suzaku-san. But what train of thought let you to this conclusion? Please, elaborate." The ancient Captain smiles in a way that beams curiosity. To someone else, Fuyu's statements might seem like insane jumping to conclusion, but during the decades, centuries even, during which Li has been acquianted with the officer, the Captain has come to appreciate his unpredictable way of thinking. Li knows it is all too easy to delude one's self into believing one has considered every option, without noticing how one has near-unconsciously dismissed some venues as "implausible" or "stupid".

Sometimes, a superficially bizarre opinion or statement might prove surprisingly applicable to a problem. After all, few things are stranger than life. Or, well, afterlife.
    "It's very simple really. How did these Hollows slip past the S.S.I's and Recon's monitoring systems? I understand we have grown lax in our peacetime organization but not -that- lax." Fuyu explains, slowly standing with a groan. "We must assume one of three things then, with this in mind. Our systems are so far out of date that the Hollows could mount another strike and wipe us out without effort, two of our strongest Captains now dead and no system in place to track their entrance or movements in Soul Society. They could be here now even under such an assumption waiting.

Two, the Suou House was gathering Hollows which broke free and the resulting bloodbath resulted in wiping them out for the most part. What reason or ability they would have for capturing Hollows that strong while still avoiding our systems is worrying to say the least. However that would mean that this is an isolated event and we have time to adjust our systems before the Hollows figure out that we're at their mercy. This is both a better and worse situation.

Or the third option. There were no Hollows and this was an assassination. An attempt to remove all traces of the Suou House for what ever reason. The perpetrators were our own and we have a crisis brewing that we have no method of discerning until they make their next move. These Shinigami are either strong enough or cunning enough to destroy both the Kenpachi and the Grand Sorcerer.
    " He wanders while he talks though once finished takes his seat, holding up three fingers.

"Now...with those assumptions placed on the table. Which do you think is the most likely? That someone within Soul Society wanted the Suou family dead, that they've trained hollows and it backfired on us or that we somehow let our eternal enemies somehow best us without so much as making a noise the last fifty years."

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Mortal World Classroom

Tamaki follows Sawada's eyes to stare at the expanse of wall as well before reorienting his vision running a hand through his blonde locks in slight frustration. "In other words we're convenient cannon fodder so that the forces of rebirth and death can continue their war while the living get caught in between, and we need your help or our world could cease to be as we know it. And so the horse follows the carrot. *sigh* Very well if all we need do is ask then. Please tell me what war with the Hollows has to do with the mortal world. Why are they attacking us when they should be going after you?"
    Sawada smiles almost sadly, shaking his head as he gives his hand a flourish before a large holographic projection sputters to life. The read outs show various Hollow attacks across the globe, statistics of success by Shinigami forces and general casualty levels along with statistics of how many mortals generally become Hollows. "Everything I'm afraid my dear. This is not "my" war or "their" war so much as all of our war. Hollows have always fed on the souls of Mortals just as they come from them. They're coming after the mortal world instead of us because we're stronger then they are. We beat them fifty years ago in what we had hoped was a definitive battle. We can never truly wipe them out but we dealt them such a blow that your world has had a period of peace unseen in any time of history.

It is a Shinigami's job to protect the mortal world however, but a beast always goes for the weak and the sick. The Hollows are no different. Where we are strong, mortals are weak. Where we Shinigami are unified in our world you mortals bicker over resources like petulant little children. Your the target because...that's just how the Hollows are. We're in the war because we choose to protect you from their attacks. Because we realize that to do otherwise would doom all of existence to darkness. It's how they will always be just as we shall always be here to defend you. It is their nature, just as it is the Shinigami's nature to protect you. But that only makes this cycle draw on and on and on. It doesn't solve the problem so much as stagnate it.

So, unlike my kin, I decided to come to the Mortal World to perhaps begin to solve this problem. How would one do that I wondered...and here you are. A group of mortals that fought a Hollow. There have been others like you in the past. Some who were hostile to the Shinigami, who felt that we had to much of a hands off approach...that we were aloof and uncaring. There were others who simply were abandoned when families were at risk. There were even the Quincy, a whole family that tried to protect their homes from the Hollows. Alas...they did not listen to us when we told them their methods destroyed souls instead of allowed them to pass on. But this here...this is different.

Yes, you're canon fodder now. But you missed the other side of the coin which was to grow stronger. I am offering my help because I understand your desire to defend your homes from those who would try to slay you. I wish to help you in this. Not just to take the load off the shoulders of my people but to give the mortal world a hand in their destiny. If you fail when given the tools to succeed then it was doomed to be and nothing any of us could do would keep it from happening. If you do indeed succeed...well...you have taken the first steps from breaking the chain of misery that holds us all in this cycle. Do you understand? I wish to help you form a society that can protect what you all hold dear."

20. - Top - End - #290

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: Sorry about the delay; Internet spazzed out.

[Soul Society]
    S.S.I.

Upon finding that Sawada is also from an outer District, in addition to his friendly attitude, Nicole starts to feel more comfortable here - less anxious and tense. "I'm sure I will," she agrees.

"No, I did not know that. I currently don't know much about the going-ons here," she confesses. All she knows is that this is the third captain she's met here in the short time she's been here. If all three of them didn't seem so (relatively) friendly, she might feel a little suspicious. Or, maybe they do this to all new recruits, so they can use the resources here better.

After answering the last question, she returns to the first. "I'm actually from the Suou family. It's possible you haven't heard of it," she states; after all, most people don't care about history.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #291

[Hueco Mundo]
    Jehoel's Island

Jehoel watches Mikael intently as he continues to work. He makes a note of the tattoo on Mikael's shoulder; it might well turn out to be significant later on. Jehoel is intelligent enough that he deduces what Mikael is doing with the nose, smirking briefly in something close to amusement. He watches without expression as Mikael stores the remaining supplies beneath the desk and finally sits down, his injuries treated.

"Thanks for running my errands. It's quite much to ask from a total stranger. I figure you don't usually act like this. You feel like a guy who is beyond caring for most things." Mikael shifts his head to look at Jehoel. "No offense meant, buddy. But I have to wonder, what's the occasion? Are you simply that curious?"
    "Your assessment is not inaccurate."

Jehoel leans forward in his seat, resting his elbows on his knees and folding his hands in the air in front of him.

"Mikael, I have lived a very long time. I have seen the rise and fall of a thousand civilizations, while I remain unchanged. In that time, I have lost interest. I have seen history repeat itself dozens of times within the Mortal World, and Hueco Mundo is more stagnant still. I even explored the Soul Society for a time, but it was all too similar to the Mortal World. I have spoken and fought with Shinigami. Hollows. Arrancar. Mortals with unusual powers. I have even found others similar to you, who called out the inner strength of objects.

To the uninformed, the world seems an endless array of...snowflakes. Unique people, beings, places. When you have lived as long as I have, you discover that this is not the case. The world simply repeats itself. For one such as myself, it loses meaning. Combined with the fact that I stand above almost all other beings, they do not interest me, and I do not need to interact with them.

Therefore, when I find someone or something interesting...it is of great value to me. You are interesting. Hence my assistance."

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: Sorry about the delay; Internet spazzed out.

[Soul Society]
    S.S.I.

Upon finding that Sawada is also from an outer District, in addition to his friendly attitude, Nicole starts to feel more comfortable here - less anxious and tense. "I'm sure I will," she agrees.

"No, I did not know that. I currently don't know much about the going-ons here," she confesses. All she knows is that this is the third captain she's met here in the short time she's been here. If all three of them didn't seem so (relatively) friendly, she might feel a little suspicious. Or, maybe they do this to all new recruits, so they can use the resources here better.

After answering the last question, she returns to the first. "I'm actually from the Suou family. It's possible you haven't heard of it," she states; after all, most people don't care about history.
    "The Suou family? You know...that name rings a bell believe it or not. I believe that entire House was destroyed in the Scarlet Garden incident. Are you saying that you...survived the assault?" Sawada asks with as much grace talking about ones family dying as one would discuss washing dishes. He does his best to feign ignorance on the issue, fixing his gaze upon the young ladies eyes intently. "Do tell me more...of what you know about this incident."

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Monastery of the Ho-ou

"I think it is a mix of first and third possibility. Sadly enough, they are not mutually exclusive", Li replies, sighing. "I had not considered the second option. I had hoped such barbaric capture of Hollows for nobles' own amusement had died out since it was made illegal some centuries ago, but then again, Suou house has not been subject to laws and attitudes of Seireitei to the same extent as the remaining four, great houses. I fear my own beliefs have caused me to not consider this possibility." Li makes a mental note to question Nicole about his family's attitude towards that practice. The elderly Captain is slightly regretting not doing it already.

"But I too suspect an assassination. The Hollows in outer Rukon outnumber us so greatly they could've rampaged through the Districts like juggernaut, not stopping before they hit our walls. Yet, they have not done so. Why? I suspect they have problems with their leadership. They seem to lack a general direction and are happy to just raid the furthest districts for now."

"But in this light, the attack at District 79 seems too organized. If Hollows could turn any other district to a new "Scarlet Garden", why have they not done so? As such, I fear some other force was behind the true planning of this incident. I don't doubt it was Hollows who landed killing blows on Kenpachi Osuma or elder Yasunobu-sama. But it may be someone else engineered the scenario where that could happen."

"But the gravest factor in my musings is that such scheming could not be result of Hollows themselves. As noted, Menos have been absent from the whole world for 50 years. All Hollows we have encountered during that period have been those of the recently deceased. There is no way they could have acquired all the necessary intel..."

"... unless, they had help from Shinigami. What do you think, Isamaru-san?"
    Li turns to look at Myojin.

---

[Hueco Mundo]
    Jehoel's Island

A shiver runs up and down Mikael's spine. He stays silent for a long while after hearing the reply, staring intently into Jehoel's eye. He remembers the feel he had some mornings during the last four years... when the rest of the world seemed like nothing more than cheap stage props. An illusion he could sweep away with a wave of his hand, or a dream he would soon wake up from.

But, maybe this is the reality he was supposed to wake up to. The man before him reminds Mikael that he has yet to see so much. He has a whole new world to explore now. A whole new set of rules to learn. If one difference between them causes him relief, it's the fact that no matter where Jehoel stands, Mikael doesn't stand there yet.

Mikael's gaze drifts to the hole through Jehoel's collarbone. It occurs to him it is about the same size as his tattoo. For a brief instant, he imagines what it would look like if something blasted a hole through his shoulder. It would look very similar to Jehoels's "wound". Mikael remembers how Jehoel said something about a Hollow's heart being gouged out, but the Arrancar's hole is not where his heart should be. Maybe he was talking symbolically? In that case, it would make sense. Mikael's right arm reaches to touch the spot where his tattoo is. Ouroboros - the all-encompassing, eternal snake. The symbol of the cycle of life and immortality. He remembers how proud he was when he first took it, and how futile that gesture came to feel. Maybe that's where his "heart" is - but if so, it already has a metaphorical hole through it, even if not actual.

"I can sympathize", the mortal remarks. "But I don't think that's all. You are an Espada - one of the six. You mentioned a visionary. It implies there is someone you are willing to serve. So what kind of a... person or creature one needs to be to command such respect from someone like you?"

24. - Top - End - #294

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground

[Soul Society]
    SSI

"Well, yes. Obviously, I'm not dead yet," she quickly replies, matching the tone of voice, at first.

Then, Nicole pauses, and looks down at her hands. It takes a moment before she continues; there's obviously some bitter memories involved. After all, who wouldn't have sour memories when everyone they had known was dead and all they did about it was run and hide?

She continues, slowly. After she starts, her gaze returns to Sawada's. "I - I had a fight with my father, and so I ran away. I wasn't there when the battle started. When I was about to return, I heard some screaming, so I ran back towards my home to see what was happening."

A single tear runs down her cheek as she tells what happened. "I saw my brother first. He was fighting something that looked, at first, like a Hollow. But it also had a sword, and it was winning. My brother had never ever lost before then. Not even against Uncle. So I ran away."

"I was chased for a long time."
    She takes a pause to breathe. "I then met some Shinigami, and they began to fight the Hollows. I cowered in a house, hoping I would wake up soon." Nicole closes her eyes, vividly recalling what she heard as she was in that house. "I only left hours after everything fell silent. There...there was nobody left. Just blood, nothing else."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2013-04-01 at 07:14 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mortal World
    (The Classroom)

Kenzan doesn't trust this guy. Nothing about him adds up. Where did he come from? Why was he suddenly at this school here and now? How long had he been watching any of them? His story is certainly fantastic, but given recent events, it's almost too fantastic not to believe. Certainly if Sawada was outright lying to them, he would have chosen a story less complex and more believable. Kenzan assumes that Sawada's probably embellishing or exaggerating some of the details, but what he wants is a step forward, and Sawada is offering that. "Fine. I'm in." For Kenzan at least, the explanations are enough for now. These things need ghost-busting, and as far as knew, punching them seemed to work pretty well.

(Suburbia)

"Seriously, this is a bad place to be talking. If nothing else you'll get me in trouble." Miko looks around the street warily. "I'll meet you outside in five minutes." She abruptly closes the window and packs her things. Just some essentials. Pocket change, cell phone, the pepper spray, just in case. She was taking a big risk, but it might be worth it if the strange man could help her and/or Cutie Pie. Hayato may hear her yell to her parents that she's going to the library to study before leaving the house.

(???)

"Personal Log. Entry 37. The data from the previous experiment proved inconclusive. There were too many extraneous factors, including individuals with abilities that interfered with the experiment. In its current state, the school is deemed far too volatile a place to gather sufficient data. Further insight into these new factors is deemed necessary. Observation is required. Perhaps isolated the new 'factors' could actually provide more valuable data for the research."

(Outside the School)

Three young boys, probably around 5 or 6 years old, play generic games just outside the school grounds, unsupervised. They seem to pay no one any mind, and they don't register as odd on any spiritual wavelengths either.

In fact, they're probably not very important. Probably better just to forget I mentioned them.

Soul Society
    (Combat Division Grounds)

Kiba nods and lets Eri leave to visit the lab coats. Part of him wonders what the SSI would want with the new recruit, but as long as Sawada doesn't use her for any strange experiments, it's none of his business. For now, he goes to watch his two officers spar, observing and analyzing their techniques while at the same time pondering his own next move. After drawing up some plans for the deployment of the various squads (he'd need one of his troops to dictate for him), he'd probably need to contact some of the other Captains. He still didn't know how the hollow attacks had slipped past Recon. The very idea Sawada had implied that the Combat Division might have 'faked' anything was insulting, especially after the Kenpachi and a lot of good men went down fighting, and while he couldn't possibly care about Sawada's opinion, if these sort of lies were being spread throughout Soul Society, it might not just be hollows he'd have to defend the Pack from. He's been meaning to talk with Li-Taichou for a while to see if she could maybe offer some insight into training for Shikai and also Bankai. If the Kenpachi could fall in battle against this new enemy, Kiba needed he and his officers to have every advantage possible.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mortal World
    (Suburbia)

"Seriously, this is a bad place to be talking. If nothing else you'll get me in trouble." Miko looks around the street warily. "I'll meet you outside in five minutes." She abruptly closes the window and packs her things. Just some essentials. Pocket change, cell phone, the pepper spray, just in case. She was taking a big risk, but it might be worth it if the strange man could help her and/or Cutie Pie. Hayato may hear her yell to her parents that she's going to the library to study before leaving the house.
    Hayato nods and disappears from the roofside the instant Miko were to turn away. The young man waits outside Miko's residence leaned against a wall reading a Gintama manga book as he waits the for the young lady.

Whenever Miko meets up with him, Hayato will cordially close the book putting it into a small bag slung over his side as he turns to face her.
    Well then, are you ready to go then Miss...Oh, my apologies I do not believe we have exchanged names yet. My name is Hayato Ichimyouri
    Last edited by The Librarian; 2013-04-01 at 03:37 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297

Spoiler
    Show
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Jehoel's Island

A shiver runs up and down Mikael's spine. He stays silent for a long while after hearing the reply, staring intently into Jehoel's eye. He remembers the feel he had some mornings during the last four years... when the rest of the world seemed like nothing more than cheap stage props. An illusion he could sweep away with a wave of his hand, or a dream he would soon wake up from.

But, maybe this is the reality he was supposed to wake up to. The man before him reminds Mikael that he has yet to see so much. He has a whole new world to explore now. A whole new set of rules to learn. If one difference between them causes him relief, it's the fact that no matter where Jehoel stands, Mikael doesn't stand there yet.

Mikael's gaze drifts to the hole through Jehoel's collarbone. It occurs to him it is about the same size as his tattoo. For a brief instant, he imagines what it would look like if something blasted a hole through his shoulder. It would look very similar to Jehoels's "wound". Mikael remembers how Jehoel said something about a Hollow's heart being gouged out, but the Arrancar's hole is not where his heart should be. Maybe he was talking symbolically? In that case, it would make sense. Mikael's right arm reaches to touch the spot where his tattoo is. Ouroboros - the all-encompassing, eternal snake. The symbol of the cycle of life and immortality. He remembers how proud he was when he first took it, and how futile that gesture came to feel. Maybe that's where his "heart" is - but if so, it already has a metaphorical hole through it, even if not actual.

"I can sympathize", the mortal remarks. "But I don't think that's all. You are an Espada - one of the six. You mentioned a visionary. It implies there is someone you are willing to serve. So what kind of a... person or creature one needs to be to command such respect from someone like you?"
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Jehoel's Island

Jehoel is silent for a brief moment, his face downcast. There is an odd expression on his face during this time. Perhaps regret, or disappointment. Regardless, it is wholly out of place on the proud face of the Arrancar, and the action of bowing his head strikes Mikael as uncharacteristic in the extreme. Jehoel composes himself quickly, once again meeting Mikael's eyes.

"Let me tell you about the day I met Dainichi Nyoria."

The room was dark, as it always was, the only source of light coming from the stars, filtering through a large hole deeper in the cavern, as well as from the entrance. Jehoel sat on his throne, his legs stretched out and crossed in front of him and his fingers laced before his nose, eyes closed in seeming sleep. The throne was something that he had no affinity for, anymore; a pretentious object that had no place in the ownership of any self-respecting individual. It was, however, the most comfortable seat in the room, particularly for long periods of time.

Jehoel had not moved in almost a year.

Jehoel sensed someone coming. Their Reiatsu was tightly suppressed, just as his own was. For most Hollows, that would have counted as stealth, but Jehoel's long life has granted him senses keen beyond belief, and he easily hears the quiet tread of the intruder. Most likely, it was another attempted assassination. Those happened very rarely, these days. Few were stupid enough to try.

Jehoel elected not to move; he could kill the intruder when they approached and get on with his life. The footsteps, however, stopped at the entrance to the room. There was a momentary pause. Then the intruder spoke.

"Jehoel Yurius. I have come to speak with you."

Jehoel's eyes flashed open, his illusion of sleep rendered irrelevant. He could see little of the intruder beyond a pair of red eyes, glowing in the darkness like a cat's. He knew that he would likewise be cast in shadows, only the deep blue of his own eyes visible. Slowly, he began to move, placing his arms on the rests of his chair and pushing himself to his full height. He descended from the short mound on which the throne was located until he was on equal footing with the intruder. He noted, with some surprise, that he was slightly shorter than the other Hollow. Although irritated at the intrusion, the invader had already acted unusually. Jehoel's curiosity was piqued just enough to not immediately attack.

"I'm listening."
    "My name is Dainichi Nyoria. I am the leader of Las Noches. It is a city of our kind. I have heard of you, and I would like for you to join us."

Jehoel was already done with this conversation. There had been others before it, just alike.

"My goal is the destruction of the Shinigami, who disrupt the journey of the soul by stealing those souls that should become Hollow. Las Noches, however, is more than that. It represents our capability to rise above our instincts, to acknowledge the fact that Hollows can work together to achieve something greater than an individual. You would not be forced to join the army; like me, you became an Arrancar without aid. That is worthy of recognition, and I would like to see such rewarded. You will be given control of a district of the city, free for you to run as you choose. If, of course, you accept."

It was the tone of a man offering a drink to a friend. A tone shared among equals. Jehoel had not met one he considered an equal in centuries, but he could tell that the other Hollow was truly powerful. This mattered little, however. There had been others before who had made such claims, but Jehoel saw through their lies. They sought only power. It was the nature of Hollows. Jehoel turned away, back to his throne.

"Forget it. I'm not interested."

The other Hollow gave no indication of disappointment, merely nodding politely.

"Your choice is your own. May I ask your reasoning?"

Jehoel froze, and turned his head.

"What did you say?"
    "I asked why you rejected my offer. I would like to know, if you are willing to share."

This...this was unusual. In the past, rejection had either caused the would-be recruiter to lose interest or attack him. Dainichi had done neither, and his tone was an honest one. He had asked because he was genuinely curious about Jehoel's opinion on the matter, and wanted to understand. This was unprecedented. Perhaps there was more substance to him than it had seemed. Slowly, Jehoel turned back around to face Dainichi.

"Very well, Dainichi Nyoria. I will join your city. And your army. Simply show me what you wish to see unmade."

Dainichi blinked, perhaps surprised at the sudden turnaround, but remained stoic. He did, however, allow a small smile.

"Excellent, I'm glad that you accepted my offer. Jehoel Yurius, I hereby name you Primera Espada, the Deva, Representation of the Realm of God among my swords."

Ostentatious, but authentically meant. Jehoel nodded, once, inclining his head only slightly.

"Very well, Dainichi Nyoria. Show me this city of yours."
    As the account ends, all trace of the previous show of humanity has been purged from Jehoel, replaced by his stoic mask.

"I thought that he was interesting, a man who had transcended his Hollowing to become something more. Hollows that truly believe in an ideal are few and far between. That alone was worthy of respect. As time went on, however, I realized something. Dainichi became different from other Hollows by imitating humanity, rather than ascending beyond his base state. It was not worthy of respect and it was not interesting. Las Noches itself, however, was unique. So I waited and watched. Dainichi's city was enough reason to let him live."

A subtle emphasis, almost imperceptible, is placed on the word "was."

"Does that answer your question?"

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

Jehoel's uncharasteristic behaviour doesn't go unnoticed, though Mikael is still lacking a couple of muscles that would be vital to expressing his astonishment at the observation that a supposedly heartless person can appear to be so deeply... let down.

"Yes", the mortal replies. He doesn't feel like calling more attention to how Jehoel used a past tense in describing this person. The implication pretty clearly is that something happened to make Jehoel kill him, or something else happened to remove him from the picture. Considering his host's initial reaction to the question, he might be less than willing to dwelve on it, and Mikael thinks it polite to let the issue lie.

"Maybe I'll visit this city you speak off some day. But now, I feel like resting. When I wake up, I would be glad if you could show me a way back to my world. I have... business to... attend there. The mortal yawns. "You know what, let's discuss of the details in the morning. Well, whatever stands for morning in this place."

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    Hayato nods and disappears from the roofside the instant Miko were to turn away. The young man waits outside Miko's residence leaned against a wall reading a Gintama manga book as he waits the for the young lady.

Whenever Miko meets up with him, Hayato will cordially close the book putting it into a small bag slung over his side as he turns to face her.
    Well then, are you ready to go then Miss...Oh, my apologies I do not believe we have exchanged names yet. My name is Hayato Ichimyouri
    Mortal World
    (Suburbia)

"Miko..." she says softly. Although she's no longer hostile, the lack of a protective window between the two seems to make her even shyer than before.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mortal World
    (Suburbia)

"Miko..." she says softly. Although she's no longer hostile, the lack of a protective window between the two seems to make her even shyer than before.
    Hayato notices the change in her tone fro when she talking to him from between a physical barrier. He honestly couldn't blame considering his sudden appearance to her, and the fact that she apparently knows enough about Shinigami to assert that they are "The Bad Men"

Hayato adjusts his tone to be less stern and prideful to a more soft and casual tone.
    Miko. That's a very suiting name for such a unique girl. So then, what is it that you would like to know about?