New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution Thread I

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    Hayato notices the change in her tone fro when she talking to him from between a physical barrier. He honestly couldn't blame considering his sudden appearance to her, and the fact that she apparently knows enough about Shinigami to assert that they are "The Bad Men"

Hayato adjusts his tone to be less stern and prideful to a more soft and casual tone.
    Miko. That's a very suiting name for such a unique girl. So then, what is it that you would like to know about?
    Miko shoots a quick glare at the word 'unique'? The hell was that supposed to mean? "What's there to know about? There are masked monsters who would eat me, men in black who would kill me, and most people can't see them. The only thing I'm wondering is where you fit into all this."

2. - Top - End - #302
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Miko shoots a quick glare at the word 'unique'? The hell was that supposed to mean? "What's there to know about? There are masked monsters who would eat me, men in black who would kill me, and most people can't see them. The only thing I'm wondering is where you fit into all this."
    [Mortal World] Suburbia

Hayato remains silent for a few seconds after Miko responds to his query. He plays with the ideas in his mind on where to begin explaining, reaching his conclusion relatively quick as he adjusts his gaze to Miko.

I suppose I should start with clarifying some of the information you already know. The men and women in the Black Uniforms you refer to are known as Shinigami, or Soul Reapers. Either title works for them. Shinigami are apart of a semi-militarized organization known as the Gotei 13. As the name obviously states there are 13 different divisions, each that is has its own specialized units, and tasks that division partakes in.

The individuals you've either seen or encountered are most likely members of the 13th Division that safeguards the Mortal World, ushering souls into the next life, and killing the...more malicious White Masked Monsters you also referred. These monsters are referred to as Hollows by Shinigami. In short a Hollow is a Soul that has been consumed by its own anger, suffering, lamentation, etcetera. Whatever it is that causes them to become a Hollow gives them an insatiable hunger as a result of an emptiness the spiritual creature feels in its soul. Because of this Hollow's feed on the Souls of the Living to try and fill that emptiness they have inside of them.

Hayato pauses a moment to let Miko take all his monologuing before continuing.

((Just a note incase your confused: Hayato went Rogue long before the reformation of the Shinigami Divisions so his information is intentionally a bit outdated.))
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jehoel's uncharacteristic behaviour doesn't go unnoticed, though Mikael is still lacking a couple of muscles that would be vital to expressing his astonishment at the observation that a supposedly heartless person can appear to be so deeply... let down.

"Yes", the mortal replies. He doesn't feel like calling more attention to how Jehoel used a past tense in describing this person. The implication pretty clearly is that something happened to make Jehoel kill him, or something else happened to remove him from the picture. Considering his host's initial reaction to the question, he might be less than willing to delve on it, and Mikael thinks it polite to let the issue lie.

"Maybe I'll visit this city you speak off some day. But now, I feel like resting. When I wake up, I would be glad if you could show me a way back to my world. I have... business to... attend there. The mortal yawns. "You know what, let's discuss of the details in the morning. Well, whatever stands for morning in this place."
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Jehoel's Island

Jehoel nods, then folds his arms and leans back against the wall.

"I will take you back to the Mortal World when you awake."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

[Mortal World]
    (Suburbia)

Miko shakes her head. "I don't really care who or what these 'Shinigami' or 'Hollows' or whatever are. All I need to know is that they're dangerous and to avoid them. My question is where you fit into all this and if you're in the same situation as me."

5. - Top - End - #305
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Mortal World]
    (Suburbia)

Miko shakes her head. "I don't really care who or what these 'Shinigami' or 'Hollows' or whatever are. All I need to know is that they're dangerous and to avoid them. My question is where you fit into all this and if you're in the same situation as me."
    Hayato gives a curt nod.
    The circumstances that resulted in my exile has essentially made me out as an Enemy to Soul Society. At this point I don't believe there to be any squads of Shinigami actively seeking me out, but its more then likely they have an order to capture or kill me on sight.

Now as for where I stand in terms of allegiances, you could say that I'm basically neutral. I share no interests or goals with either the Shinigami or Hollow activities.
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Righty View Post
    Hayato gives a curt nod.
    The circumstances that resulted in my exile has essentially made me out as an Enemy to Soul Society. At this point I don't believe there to be any squads of Shinigami actively seeking me out, but its more then likely they have an order to capture or kill me on sight.

Now as for where I stand in terms of allegiances, you could say that I'm basically neutral. I share no interests or goals with either the Shinigami or Hollow activities.
    "What did you do to get you kicked out?" Miko asks with a wary curiosity.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Mortal World
    (The Classroom)

Sawada merely nods as the boys seem to agree. "Very well then! I'll give you some handy dandy devices for you to track down hollows and we'll all be on our way." he murmurs, making a flourish with his hand before holding out two large wrist watches. "They'll also track your vitals on top of scanning the entire city for hollow activity. It will tell you the strength and threat of the enemy on top of number. It's all very technical. If you get in trouble, it also has a built in distress beacon. Signal it and I'll send in help. Any questions?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    [Soul Society]
    SSI

"Well, yes. Obviously, I'm not dead yet," she quickly replies, matching the tone of voice, at first.

Then, Nicole pauses, and looks down at her hands. It takes a moment before she continues; there's obviously some bitter memories involved. After all, who wouldn't have sour memories when everyone they had known was dead and all they did about it was run and hide?

She continues, slowly. After she starts, her gaze returns to Sawada's. "I - I had a fight with my father, and so I ran away. I wasn't there when the battle started. When I was about to return, I heard some screaming, so I ran back towards my home to see what was happening."

A single tear runs down her cheek as she tells what happened. "I saw my brother first. He was fighting something that looked, at first, like a Hollow. But it also had a sword, and it was winning. My brother had never ever lost before then. Not even against Uncle. So I ran away."

"I was chased for a long time."
    She takes a pause to breathe. "I then met some Shinigami, and they began to fight the Hollows. I cowered in a house, hoping I would wake up soon." Nicole closes her eyes, vividly recalling what she heard as she was in that house. "I only left hours after everything fell silent. There...there was nobody left. Just blood, nothing else."
    Sawada nods a little, tapping his chin. "I see...I see...you certainly have gone through dangerous times. It is wonderful you survived however. Would you like more tea?" he asks, already moving to pour the girl another cup. "Tell me...between all that horror did you happen to see any...Shinigami in the fray...perhaps fighting your family?"
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2013-04-09 at 04:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Dwarf in the Playground

"What did you do to get you kicked out?" Miko asks with a wary curiosity.
    [Mortal World]~Suburbia

Hayato bows his head, a long frown curling over his face as he stands there as if he was reliving the events in his head.
    My sister...She was mercilessly killed while on the line of duty by a very powerful entity. When she, and countless others died, the ignorant bigheads at the top of the Gotei 13 Command did nothing to avenge her death. I got fed up with their incompetence and went out to kill the creature myself. The Gotei didn't take kindly to my actions and decided to mark me as a traitor.

As Hayato finishes he can visibly be seen trembling. Hayato does his best not to point out that the creature that killed his sister was a Hollow, or that he had killed several dozen shinigami when he initially went rogue.
    My apologies, but my past isn't really something I'm too fond to speak of, let alone recall. I'll just have you know that in short, I was apart of the Shinigami, up until over a 150 years ago when I went rogue.

9. - Top - End - #309

S.S.I

Wa-Den Eri makes his way into the area of Soul Society that belongs to the Shinigami Science Institute. He looks around, interested, taking in and memorizing everything he sees. After all, he must be noticing and vigilant, as it is his duty to weed out threats to Seireitei.
    He isn't much of an inventor, so he hopes someone at the Institute already has some ideas for him, otherwise, this meeting would not be as productive as he had hoped it would, and it would be his fault.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

10. - Top - End - #310
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Soul Society]Training Grounds
    Dosan's eyes widen as Naijeru moves in to attack, but ducks, attempting to sweep the legs out from under his opponent.

Monastery of the Ho-ou
    Myojin nods slowly, deep in thought, his eyes closed.

You are suggesting there is a traitor in our midst, yes? Someone working with the hollows? While I hate to consider this, it makes sense. It is with some reluctance that I have to agree with your previous statement, that it may well be someone within my division. With your permission, I would like to discuss this with some of the officers of my division that I trust. I'm certain they would want to help.
    Myojin looks up at Li, seemingly staring through her.

[Mortal World] Higure's Classroom
    Higure's eyes narrow at Sawada.

I... I think I'm in agreement with Kenzan. But I'll have you know I didn't steal this sword. It was given to me by my grandfather. If you're a shinigami, maybe you knew him. His name was Iwamori Hisoka.

[Hueco Mundo] The Arena
    Azmus raises an eyebrow at the corkscrew attack, sonido-ing above Karasu at the last moment, throwing his dagger into the whirling arrancar.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

11. - Top - End - #311

[Soul Society]
    S.S.I.

Before saying anything, she accepts the tea, by putting her cup in a position to receive it.

"No, I didn't," responds Nicole. "The Shinigami all arrived later, I think." It's possible they fought, she thinks, given how much her uncle, for example, hated Shinigami; but, by then, she had already hidden. "That is, unless you Shinigami secretly look like hollows and keep masks under your robes."

Nicole laughs then shrugs, casually explaining the theory she had when she was younger. "That is, unless all Shinigami have a Hollow Mask in their robes. When I was a child, I always thought Shinigami and Hollows were the same thing."

She returns to seriousness. She doesn't believe that Shinigami attacked her family, in disguise, because that would mean she shouldn't have come here to the Seireitei. "If anyone from my family attacked the Shinigami, I wouldn't know about it."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    Jehoel's island

Mikael lies down on one of the rocky protrusions. It's not long enough to hold his whole body, so his legs hang over its edge. Not the most comfortable position to sleep in, but it has to do. To avoid getting (more) sand into it, Mikael places his left hand on his lidless eye, resting his right arm on his chest.

Despite his exhaustion, it's not easy to fall asleep. His body aches, itches and prickles, and the cold rock is quite uncomfortable. Every once in a while, Mikael lifts his left hand, only to notice Jehoel is still in the same spot. Concluding not much time has passed yet, he resumes trying to rest.

Eventually, he starts drifting in and out of consciousness. In his slumber, he visions a bright red apple. But as he observes it, a worm emerges. He watches it gnaw the apple, and as he does, the apple becomes a heart, and the worm becomes a black dragon. Soon, there's nothing left of the heart, and in frustration, the dragon coils around itself, gnawing its tail. Past its legs, through the circle formed by its body, Mikael can see a glint of light, like a candle at the end of a tunnel... until he realizes he's awake again, and looking at the cave wall through Jehoel's Hollow hole. The Espada still hasn't budged an inch.

Huh. Mikael was certain it took a long, long time for the snake to eat the whole apple. Maybe dreams just distort his sense of time? Changing position slightly, he drifts back to sleep.

Now, he envisions... a void. A window suspended in air through which he can see this limitless, pitch-black space. But despite its utter emptiness, Mikael can still feel it is full of... something. Energy. Currents of invisible light, crashing against each other like waves of the sea. The window enlargens into a portal, and he steps through it. As the currents swirl and dance around him, he can once again see a glint of light in the distance.

The he realizes he's awake again, but the singing hasn't gone away. Confused, he crawls into a half-sitting position. Confirming that Jehoel still hasn't moved, the Espada obviously isn't the one singing. Mikael's uncovered eye drifts around the cave, until it fixes on an otherwise unremarkable spot at the middle of the cave. Faintly, Mikael recollects that was the place from where Jehoel stepped into the world of the living.

Odd. Didn't Jehoel close the portal after him? Why would a non-existent thing speak? Mikael shakes his head to clear the voice from his mind. "Hey. How long I've been sleeping?", he asks, glancing at Jehoel. Mikael's whole body feels sore and stiff, not really surprising giving the circumstances. A grumble echoes from the mortal's stomach. Mikael rubs it absentmindedly. "I'm hungry as hell. I don't suppose there's anything to eat around here, save for other Hollows?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

13. - Top - End - #313

Soul Society
    Monastery of the Ho-ou

The mysterious, secret meeting should hear approaching footsteps, obvious that the owner of the feet is not putting any effort into being quiet.
    "Captain Li!"
    Came a call, supposedly from the owner of the stepping feet. It was the voice of Captain Tsukino. Now what would the Captain of the Reconnaissance Division want?
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Monastery of the Ho-ou

Li is about to answer to Myojin, looking quite satisfied with his answer, but the sudden cry disrupts them. Li's brow furrows, and the elderly rises to answer the door. "Yes, Tsukino-san? You have something to say?", Li asks, confused of the younger Captain's sudden appearance.

15. - Top - End - #315

[Soul Society]
    Monastery of the Ho-ou

Li is about to answer to Myojin, looking quite satisfied with his answer, but the sudden cry disrupts them. Li's brow furrows, and the elderly rises to answer the door. "Yes, Tsukino-san? You have something to say?", Li asks, confused of the younger Captain's sudden appearance.
    The small Captain enters the area, an annoyed yet apologetic look on her face.
    "One of my subordinates told me I missed a Captain's meeting. You guys couldn't possibly have waited for me?"
    She supposes that's a little unreasonable to demand, but still, she was a Captain. It's about that time that she realizes she's walked in on something. Her eyes narrow slightly.
    "Am I interrupting?"
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CMOTDibbler View Post
    Higure's eyes narrow at Sawada.

I... I think I'm in agreement with Kenzan. But I'll have you know I didn't steal this sword. It was given to me by my grandfather. If you're a shinigami, maybe you knew him. His name was Iwamori Hisoka.
    Sawada perks a brow, smirking only slightly as he stands. "Who said it was stolen? The Law in Soul Society is one Zanpakuto per Shinigami...regardless of their standing. Your Grandfather violated the Law however he's beyond our reach. You on the other hand...are not. It would be my advisement not to step foot in Soul Society. I'm afraid, as Captain of your Grandfather's Division...I will have to record that he gave away his blade. A pity." He shrugs, glancing at the wall once more. "I am certain no one else will report this. Unless you have any other questions? I am a busy man."

[Soul Society]
    S.S.I.

Before saying anything, she accepts the tea, by putting her cup in a position to receive it.

"No, I didn't," responds Nicole. "The Shinigami all arrived later, I think." It's possible they fought, she thinks, given how much her uncle, for example, hated Shinigami; but, by then, she had already hidden. "That is, unless you Shinigami secretly look like hollows and keep masks under your robes."

Nicole laughs then shrugs, casually explaining the theory she had when she was younger. "That is, unless all Shinigami have a Hollow Mask in their robes. When I was a child, I always thought Shinigami and Hollows were the same thing."

She returns to seriousness. She doesn't believe that Shinigami attacked her family, in disguise, because that would mean she shouldn't have come here to the Seireitei. "If anyone from my family attacked the Shinigami, I wouldn't know about it."
    "We Shinigami?" Sawada asks softly, looking over the girl with a wry smirk. "You are a Shinigami...with that blade at your side." He gives a chuckle at the explanation though it's not difficult to sense he's humoring the woman though frowns as a small chime sounds in the air. "I see...there is much we do not know about the attack. I was hoping to learn from someone who was there but alas it seems we remain in the dark. A pity. Sadly I must bid you farewell. It seems I have another visitor. You may stay and enjoy the tea however Suou-chan, if you need anything my Mod Souls will assist you." He motions to the two towering Oni who have not moved from their positions since the start of the little meeting. "Oh...and a present from the S.S.I. To welcome you to Soul Society." With a flourish of his hand Sawada produces a single iron dragonfly and wrap attatched. "Place this on your blade...it will bring you luck." He then shunpo's off in a flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Viera Champion View Post
    S.S.I

Wa-Den Eri makes his way into the area of Soul Society that belongs to the Shinigami Science Institute. He looks around, interested, taking in and memorizing everything he sees. After all, he must be noticing and vigilant, as it is his duty to weed out threats to Seireitei.
    He isn't much of an inventor, so he hopes someone at the Institute already has some ideas for him, otherwise, this meeting would not be as productive as he had hoped it would, and it would be his fault.

The grounds of the S.S.I is a busy place, a single tram running along a high bridge line as restaurants and street vendors hawk their wares. A single bell chimes from one of the buildings then another and another until it fades off as it nears the foot of the massive artificial mountain that looms over the grounds. Moments later Sawada appears before the Captain, brushing some hair from his face. "Two High Ranking Shinigami in one day visiting me personally. One might think Soul Society is in the throes of massive change. What do I owe this honor to, Vice Captain Wa-Den?" he asks with a smirk, smoothing out his haori as he settles before the Vice Captain.

The small Captain enters the area, an annoyed yet apologetic look on her face.
    "One of my subordinates told me I missed a Captain's meeting. You guys couldn't possibly have waited for me?"
    She supposes that's a little unreasonable to demand, but still, she was a Captain. It's about that time that she realizes she's walked in on something. Her eyes narrow slightly.
    "Am I interrupting?"
    "I would not...presume to speak for the Captain..." Fuyu stands, standing and bowing to the other Captain. "We were just wrapping up our meeting, I think. Perhaps Li-san...it would be best to call another Captain's Meeting to discuss what we went over?"
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2013-04-11 at 03:25 AM.

17. - Top - End - #317

[Soul Society]
    S.S.I.

"Right," replies Nicole to all that, nodding as she's lost in thought. She accepts the iron dragonfly, and continues thinking for a couple moments, even after Sawada had left.

She holds her sword in both of her hands, looking at it. "He's right, you know," she says, either to her Zanpakuto or to herself. "I am a Shinigami now. I've got to be one."

Using the wrap, she attaches the iron dragonfly to her sword, just below the hilt. People here are so nice. Before getting up, she finishes the tea in her cup. Suou Nicole stands up and starts to walk her way out of the S.S.I.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mortal World
    (Outside the School)

The three children continue playing, but decide to switch their game to something which by observation looks like hide and seek. Two of the children run off while the third stays behind and starts to count to an unknown number.

(Suburbia)

"Sorry..." Miko was having trouble being sympathetic. She had never lost anyone she truly cared about in her life, and other than Cutie Pie, she wasn't sure there was anyone like that she could lose.

(Miya's Residence)

While Miya is at home, if she's attentive, she'll hopefully hear a knock at the door.

Soul Society
    (Outside the SSI)

Just outside the main building of the SSI, Yumiko, having finished delivering papers, gathering signatures, and her other secretarial duties for the day. Now she just had her regular duties as Archivist. Organizing books, cataloguing others' research data, all the usual library stuff she normally took such great joy in, but ever since she had to start doing the work for three other junior researchers, she barely had time to catch up on her reading, or even sleep.

Currently she's carrying a large stack of books, files and papers which is clearly obstructing her vision. That and the fact that she's distracted and exhausted could spell a paperwork disaster soon.

Hueco Mundo
    (The Arena)

Between the scythe whirling around his body and his wings, Karasu manages to deflect the thrown dagger away. He stops the corkscrew, skidding along the ground, and leaps upward towards Azmus, twirling his scythe vertically into a spinning wheel of death.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2013-04-11 at 08:50 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319

Mortal World - Outside of the Classroom

Arianna was leaning back against the wall, watching the children play, but not really seeing them. Her mind was too busy paying attention to everything going on inside.

Again, there was a comment that she was certain was directed at her. She didn't really plan on reporting it. The Zanpakuto was passed down to an heir. She saw no problem with that. Odd that it went to a mortal, sure, but nothing wrong with it.

She found herself wondering what Sawada planned on doing after this meeting. Would he confront her?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

20. - Top - End - #320

((Psst! DiscipleofBob! The S.S.I. is in the Soul Society. You messed up the location tag.))

Mortal World

(Miya's Residence)

While Miya is at home, if she's attentive, she'll hopefully hear a knock at the door.
    Mortal World
    Miya's Residence

Luckily for the mysterious visitor, Miya was, at that moment, getting a drink of water from the kitchen rather than practicing her fighting. Otherwise, it would've been difficult for her to hear. "I'm coming!" she shouts over the din of the television.

With the glass of water in her left hand, she walks towards the front door. On the way there, she turns down the volume on the TV (but leaves it on her favorite wrestling channel to sustain the illusion of there being more people at home).

As is her custom, before reaching the door, Miya looks longingly at the family pictures on the glass table near the entrance.

Miya sighs, and, drenched in sweat, she opens the front door. "Yes? May I help you?" she asks as it opens.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Hueco Mundo

With the wind throwing up so much sand Creons first look at Las Noches was less impressive than he had been expecting all he could see were the edges of a few buildings, some hollows scurrying about and a group of dejected looking weak Arrancars presumably going back to their barracks. The rest was hidden behind a veil of dirt and dust.

Still the feel of the place gave Creon hope that he had been right to come here, you could feel the predatory nature of all the hollows in its boundaries being directed by the unseen hand of the one who commanded their loyalties. The atmosphere of strength was further compounded by the Spiritual pressure being released not too far from where he had entered, while he couldn’t get a firm grasp of their strengths from this distance it was already clear one of the fighter’s possessed immense strength.

With little else to do but stand in a sandstorm Creon headed off towards what would turn out to be the arena and finds somewhere to observe the fight.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mortal World
    Miya's Residence

Luckily for the mysterious visitor, Miya was, at that moment, getting a drink of water from the kitchen rather than practicing her fighting. Otherwise, it would've been difficult for her to hear. "I'm coming!" she shouts over the din of the television.

With the glass of water in her left hand, she walks towards the front door. On the way there, she turns down the volume on the TV (but leaves it on her favorite wrestling channel to sustain the illusion of there being more people at home).

As is her custom, before reaching the door, Miya looks longingly at the family pictures on the glass table near the entrance.

Miya sighs, and, drenched in sweat, she opens the front door. "Yes? May I help you?" she asks as it opens.
    Miya opens the door to find no one. Kind of creepy. Though there is a small folded piece of paper tied to the doorknob. Whomever knocked must have left it and gone. The paper when read has a nondescript street address in the city.

Miya should notice two very important things about the paper though. It's tied to the doorknob with a very familiar-looking heart-shaped pendand. And the handwriting is her late mother's.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Monastery of the Ho-ou

Li turns to look at Fuyu. "You're right, Suzaku-san. I think we've said everything we can on this matter. Let us talk more later." Li bows at Fuyu, and then at Myojin. "Isamaru-san, I wish you luck in your investigations." Then Li turns to adress Hikaru once more.

"Tsukino-san, I'm afraid I was prevented from attending the last meeting personally due to my academy duties. You would have been better off going to talk with younger Yasunobu-san. But I've had time to familiarize myself with the reports. I think I still have them here on my desk - I talked about them earlier with my Vice-Captain. Would you like some tea while we discuss them?"

24. - Top - End - #324

Soul Society
    Monastery of the Ho-ou

Hikaru frowned. These people were acting overly suspicious, but not caring enough to hide it. Oh well, she would find out eventually.

She nods to her fellow Captain. He may be acting suspicious, but he was also acting polite.
    "Yes, thank you. I believe tea would be quite nice right now."
    She responds, looking around for somewhere to sit.
    "I apologize for my timing. I did not expect you to be in a meeting."

Soul Society
    S.S.I

"One might think it is necessary for Soul Society to change, given recent events."
    Eri bows to the Grand Sorcerer.
    "Greetings Sawada-sama. As you know, I have been recently raised to my position, and as it is my duty to work together with the leaders of other divisions, I have taken it upon myself to meet with the other divisions, including yourself."
    Eri nods, getting the introduction out of the way.
    "That being said, I think support from the Shinigami Science Institute is vital in improving Internal Securities capabilities to guard and protect Soul Society.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325

OrcBarbarianGuy

Mortal World
    Hong Kong

Hurry!” Inami, one of the two shinigami barked, the two running across the rooftops of Hong Kong. “It’s gaining on us!” Nearing the edge of the skyscraper, the two braced themselves and leapt across the distance, landing gracefully and continuing their retreat.

We’re almost there… He thought to himself. Almost… To where he’s waiting…

Behind them, a hollow screeched in fury at the continued chase, charging through the air with terrifying speed. Bearing three misshapen masks and multiple limbs, it was an odd fluke of nature, a misborn hollow. It had been codenamed Insomne for the remainder of the mission.

“One last jump!” Suzumiya, his partner, replied. The two had been posted as the protectors and guardians of this region, but they had been enlisted for a slightly novel duty.

The two made the last leap, hoping beyond hope that the trap was ready. Inami glanced back briefly, checking to see how far away the hollow was. His eyes widened, a hand reaching for his zanpakuto, but with a swipe of one of its many arms, Insomne sent him flying into another building, the rest grabbing Suzumiya and landing atop him on the skyscraper.

“GUH!” Suzumiya sputtered out, blood seeping from his mouth. He was certain a rib had been crushed. The hollow leered down at him, drool dripping out from the three gaping maws.

Carriage of thunder, bridge of a spinning wheel. With light, divide this into six!” A voice intoned from beyond the two. Ryuu stepped out of the shadows, glaring at the mutated hollow. “Bakudō #61: Rikujōkōrō!” He barked, raising a hand to the hollow.

Six spokes of glowing yellow light smashed into Insomne’s torso, restraining it and crushing its arms with a sickening snap. The hollow shrieked in agony, stumbling off of Suzumiya, who desperately tried to crawl away, dodging its stomping feet.

Tch.” Ryuu growled, dashing over and throwing the junior shinigami away, raising his hand once more against the hollow. “You don’t know when to give up, huh?” His eyes narrowed. “Hadō #31: Shakkahō!

A red orb of energy shot out, blasting into Insomne’s head and exploding with violent force. Ryuu smiled to himself. That was the finishing blow.

Or so he thought.

Six pairs of yellow eyes glared balefully through the smoke, and with the sound of shattering glass, the hollow tore apart his Bakudō, glittering fragments of light dancing through the sky. It brought its many fists down on Ryuu, who danced out of the way as quickly as he could. Gritting his teeth, He began to draw Koumori from its sheath… But decided against it. He needed the hollow alive, after all.

He held up his palm once more, bracing himself. A fully incanted Kido was far stronger than one simply cast by name, and he knew it could not stand against fully incanted Hado.

He knew… Or he hoped.

Ye lord! Mask of blood and flesh, all creation, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Inferno and pandemonium, the sea barrier surges, march on to the south!" He shouted out, Insomne already beginning to charge. “Hadō #31: Shakkahō!

This time, the red orb was more than enough to send the hollow flying back, groaning in pain. Ryuu wiped some sweat from his brow. “Walls of iron sand, a priestly pagoda, glowing ironclad fireflies. Standing upright, silent to the end." He clasped his hands together, as if in prayer, motes of orange light floating up into the air and coalescing over Insomne’s twitching form. “Bakudō # 75: Gochūtekkan.”

Five metal pillars bound by chains smashed onto the hollow’s chest, effectively ending the threat. Ryuu sighed deeply, disappointed in himself. The trap should have gone better. He quickly checked on Inami and Suzumiya, and was relieved to find them both alive, if rather beaten up.

I’ll take the hollow back to the Soul Society.” Ryuu said, simultaneously binding the hollow further and opening the senkaimon to his home. “Good work today, I’ll be sure to put in a good word for you.

He dragged the hollow into the gateway, and disappeared from the world of the living.

---

Soul Society
    SSI

Insomne hung suspended in a greenish bubbling fluid, it’s many eyes closed, limbs twitching absently. The shinigami curled his lip in disgust. This was a particularly disturbing specimen.

After carefully containing the hollow in a special seal, Ryuu went in search of his superior, Grand Sorcerer Sawada, to make his report. Finding her office with long-practiced ease, he knocked politely on the door and patiently waited.

Hueco Mundo

Ashezin watches the city of Las Noches distantly from a close mountain peak, his attention unfocused, the roar of the arena carrying to his ears on the wind.

Perhaps he would find the red-masked hollow here.

Perhaps he wouldn’t.

With a barely-contained sigh, he planted one hand on his knee and slowly lifted himself to his feet, and began the long walk into the city of Las Noches.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mortal World Higure's classroom.
    Tamaki just reaches into his pocket to retrieve the small book he had been reading earlier and opened it as he said, "I have no further question. Provided my allies here don't as well I assume that this is where we part ways? Your obviously a busy man."

Soul Society Training Grounds

Against any other opponent as large as Naijeru an attempt to sweep them off their feet, quite literally, would be a smart and successful move. However while he was a hulk of a man Naijeru was also a pirate captain in his previous life. After spending as much time on a boat rocking and swaying on the waves you never quite lose your sea legs. Which was why Naijeru was able to stay standing from the blow though his definitely felt the pain of it. Hence why he attempted to return it twofold by slamming the back of he large blade bodily into Dosan with a spinning blow.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-04-12 at 02:35 PM.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Monastery of the Ho-ou

Li turns to look at Fuyu. "You're right, Suzaku-san. I think we've said everything we can on this matter. Let us talk more later." Li bows at Fuyu, and then at Myojin. "Isamaru-san, I wish you luck in your investigations." Then Li turns to adress Hikaru once more.

"Tsukino-san, I'm afraid I was prevented from attending the last meeting personally due to my academy duties. You would have been better off going to talk with younger Yasunobu-san. But I've had time to familiarize myself with the reports. I think I still have them here on my desk - I talked about them earlier with my Vice-Captain. Would you like some tea while we discuss them?"
    Fuyu bows in return before taking his leave.

Soul Society
    S.S.I

"One might think it is necessary for Soul Society to change, given recent events."
    Eri bows to the Grand Sorcerer.
    "Greetings Sawada-sama. As you know, I have been recently raised to my position, and as it is my duty to work together with the leaders of other divisions, I have taken it upon myself to meet with the other divisions, including yourself."
    Eri nods, getting the introduction out of the way.
    "That being said, I think support from the Shinigami Science Institute is vital in improving Internal Securities capabilities to guard and protect Soul Society.
    "Oh have you? How considerate of you." Sawada murmurs, looking over the Vice Captain in an amused fashion. "Help me out then Vice Captain Wa-Den. We have provided reiatsu sensors as far out as the 80th Districts and beyond. We have Mod Souls assisting parties in the Mortal World...what more would you like from us? It is of course our duty to protect and server Soul Society but if you have any further ideas I would be more than happy to entertain such concepts. Would you like to move this to my office? Or perhaps lunch?" he asks casually.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian84 View Post
    Soul Society
    SSI

Insomne hung suspended in a greenish bubbling fluid, it’s many eyes closed, limbs twitching absently. The shinigami curled his lip in disgust. This was a particularly disturbing specimen.

After carefully containing the hollow in a special seal, Ryuu went in search of his superior, Grand Sorcerer Sawada, to make his report. Finding his office with long-practiced ease, he knocked politely on the door and patiently waited.
    Sawada's office door slides open with a soft hiss of pressured air, the office an open air affair with a plethora of potted and hanging plants. The young Captain sits at his large desk dressed in the traditional garb of his role, pouring over several building schematics. He glances up when he senses the other Shinigami and Hollow, perking a brow. "Junior Researcher...Ryuu yes? What is it that I can do for you today?"

28. - Top - End - #328
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Soul Society]Training Grounds
    Dosan frowns, bringing his katana above him to block the blow. The sword absorbs it, but Dosan is forced flat onto the ground.

Oomph. You sure are sturdy.

Monastery of the Ho-ou
    Myojin stands up, nodding.

Thank you, Captain.

He bows, excusing himself.

Higure nods slowly, frowning.

...I have no other questions.

[Hueco Mundo] The Arena
    Azmus nods appreciatively. He stands his ground until the last moment, then holds up his hand. His dagger reappears in his hand, blocking the spin.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

29. - Top - End - #329
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Soul Society Training grounds

Naijeru grins as puts more force into the clash of blades and says, "Comes with being a former pirate captain and built like a god! However that was a good kick. Thought you might have dislocated something there for a minute."

Trying to distract Dosan with the increasing force of his blade and by talking to him Naijeru goes for a good old sucker punch to the gut.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Monastery of the Ho-ou

Leaving the door open for Hikaru to enter, Li resumes to the office table, summoning and sending a hell butterfly while at it to notify some unseated trooper to bring the tea. "Do sit down", the elderly Captain advices Hikaru while shufling through the papers.

"The meeting was about the events in District 78, colloquially referred to as the "Scarlet Garden". Sparrow-soutaichou was questioning the Combat Division, Internal Security and the science institute of the disappearence of 300 members of our forces. Of these, younger Yasunobu-san informed that 200 were an... accounting error. 100 were still left unexplained. They are presumed to have been killed in action during the incident. Sadly, the meeting was stymied because Kiba-san was absent, and had not even sent a representative."

Li removes a handful of papers from one of the stacks and hands it to Hikaru. "If you want to know the details concerning Combat division's casualties, I suggest you seek out Kiba-san. Here's the report of the meeting, as well as the one concerning District 78."