New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution Thread I

[Soul Society]Shino Academy
    Dosan shunpos back to Kiba, saluting quickly.

Seems they found you before I found them, sir. I could spot no other hollows in the area, so I figured I'd come back here in case you had other orders, sir.

Shino Academy -> Internal Security
    Myojin shunpo's over to Eri, bowing slightly but saying nothing, not wanting to interrupt.

[Mortal World] Higure's Classroom
    Higure glares at Kenzan, then sighs, setting the short sword on the table.

...Kenzan is right. Personally, I plan on watching for these things... Hollows... and killing them whenever they pop up.

[Hueco Mundo] The Grand Arena
    Azmus nods quickly, glancing at the other arrancar.

Of course, sir. I will gather as many as I can find.

He opens a garganta, stepping out in front of Valentina, frowning as he see's she's crying.

The Lesser Arena
    The Espada stands, doing his best not to look uncomfortable at seeing a woman in tears.

I... I take it you know what happened. The Primera requests your presence in his domain.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

2. - Top - End - #452
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mortal World Higure's Classroom

Tamaki let out a sigh as he gave a sideways glance to Kenzan. "Kenzan-san, you really should have confired with us before letting them in on the secret. At least from what we heard they are both spiritually aware."

Pushing his glasses gently up his nose Tamaki fully examines the two girls before him. "Lets see, Natsuki-kun[way of refering to girls who are younger than you.] and Hinata-kun correct? I believe that you are in Tanaka-sensei's homeroom. Just a piece of advice, the walls have ears. You should be a bit more careful about where and how loudly you speak. Still it is womewhat comforting to know that we may have allies in defending against the Hollows."

Soul Society Shin'ō Academy

Naijeru came back from making his rounds is the investigation area as he says, "Nothing I could find to report captain. Not even a get away or entry route. For all appearances sir these Hollow just sprung up out of thin air. Any furthur orders?"

Hueco Mundo Grand Arena

After delivering the News Ragunaroku coerced Kyoki into heading to the Grand Arena to see the fireworks. And fireworks their were as two titans of Hueco Mundo clashed in a duel of epic proportions. When the battle was done a new king had risen. And he didn't spew the load of crap the old one did. At least that was Ragunaroku's opinion.

Seeing as the show was over the duo left the Arena. After they did Ragunaroku exclaimed, "Did you see that Kyoki! Now that is a king I can get behind. I think it's finally time to become an Espada Kyoki!"

Looking down at the ground the plum haired girl mopishly said, "B-But I don't wanna become an Espada. The other Espada will be mean to me and I'll have to take command of other people and I won't know how to deal with that!"

Nigh immediatly after her retort Ragunaroku's large hands gripped her face and started painfully squishing it. Gettin' real tired of your sh*t Kyoki. We never see any action because were stinking Numerous and even when we do it's boring action. You don't wanna lead? Fine! I'll do it. We just gottta head for the Primera district when he's done with his bussiness in the Arena and we show him we are badass enough to be an Espada."

"Okay, okay just stop crushing my face!"
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-04-22 at 04:29 PM.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    The Academy, chief instructor's dojo

Li has to close Li's right eye to avoid the blood from getting into it, though vision is not of essence at this range. Li pulls Li's grabbed arm so Sho can't yet get it locked in her arm pit. Li also pulls Li's stomach in so as to avoid the slice and swats Sho's knife hand hard with the cane. Still, Karia rips the front of Li's haori and kimono, but no blood can be seen yet. And provided Sho can keep hold of her knife, it will only take her a split second to try again...

... But Li won't just wait idly for it to happen. Immediately after blocking, Li whips the cane back up. "Hado 1:", the old lips recite so fast the words become akin to a feral hiss, "SHO!" The elder Captain's voice rings across the room, the screamed spell name doubling as a Kiai as Li rapidly and forcefully stabs the cane towards Sho's throat...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

The twins look at each other, a silent question in Natsuki's eyes which Hinata answers with a silent nod.

Then, Natsuki turns back to the gathered induviduals. "Yes, we're both spiritually aware, but...

We need to know if any of you are part of any spiritual organisations."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mortal World
    (Classroom)

Kenzan scowls at Tamaki and corrects him. "I said giant spider thing. You're the one who brought up Hollows. Remind me not to trust you with anymore secrets." Kenzan rolls his eyes.

"Organizations? Like what? I figured we could start a school club for ghostbusting or something, if that's what you mean," Kenzan offers excitedly. "I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult with Higure-sensei sponsoring us."

Soul Society
    (Academy Grounds)

Kiba quickly addresses his returning commanding officers. "I'm done here. Make sure those two..." he says motioning to Bulk and Skull, "...don't slack off helping clean up here. Then feel free to punish them as you see fit. Just as long as they're still fit for duty afterward.

"We need to get the new guard rotations and training schedule up as soon as possible. The hollows that attacked are probably all dead now, but we're still on high alert until further notice. We are NOT letting any more hollows go undetected!

"I need to go find Captain Li or Sawada,"
    he says, the former with respect and the latter with disdain. "There's still stuff here I don't understand." Kiba then Shunpo's off towards Li and/or Sawada's 'scent'.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

[Meanwhile, in Finland]

On the television, a female reporter is explaining how a disguised vagabond caused a ruckus yesterday noon at Helsinki city center. <"... the culprit remains uncaught. Eyewitnesses are being interrogated. The police is taking in clues. Please call the following number..."> Before the TV, there is an old wooden table. On it is a growing pile of empty plastic yoghurt cans. There is a light clatter as another one joins the pile, tossed by a bandaged man sitting on a grey leather couch opposite to the TV.

Mikael is not really paying attention to the broadcast, reaching to grab an unopened can from the table. It's the last one. He's already eaten pretty much every non-solid food in the house. He downs most of the can's content in one gulp, then scoops the rest to his mouth using a tarnished nickel silver spoon.

Listening to the retelling of his escapade feels a bit surreal. So, it's official now. He can add burglary to his criminal record now, just after arson, unregistered citizenship, tax avoidance and... what do you call killing a man who was already dead? Mikael holds the spoon contemplatively before his face, ruminating on this peculiar problem. The White Devil was an evil ghost so... exorcism? Yeah, that sounds fitting. "Unlawful exorcism". Perfect.

Sighing, he drops the can (now empty) on the table, and then drops the spoon in it. The silvery utensil twirls in the can, knocking it over; the cup then rolls over the table edge, falls on the floor and disappears under the couch. Not bothering to turn off the TV, Mikael stumbles up and wanders into the bathroom. The program shifts from local news to weather, then (cliched and over-the-top) commercials.

On the bathroom wall, a mirror hangs, reflecting the torn visage of the man. Mikael gives it a long look. It's still odd to not recognize your own face. Will it ever heal back to the way it was? While inspecting his face, Mikael grabs a small bottle of eyedrops standing on the right side of the water tap. Then he leans his head back and brings the bottle over his uncovered eye. If not having eyelids has at least one good aspect to it, it's that at least you can't blink at just the wrong moment. Silver lining in a black cloud and all that jazz. If Mikael could, he would wince as a drop of the enhanced liquid hits his eye, wisps of steam rising from it as it cleans away dirt and potential causes of infection from it.

Mikael puts a cork on the bottle and places it back on its place on the edge of the sink, then leans on the sink to catch his breath. Despite resting (though hardly sleeping) for the night, he's feeling even more awful than before. Despite engorging himself with food, he's still hungry. Something is just... missing. He's running out of energy. For the first time in years, he feels vulnerable, he feels....

... human.

And he is not liking the feeling.

The porcelain shrink cracks as Mikael accidentally squeezes its sides too hard. Alarmed, he lets go, his hands trembling in the air. As he looks at them, an image flashes in his mind - of his fingers, flayed to the bone, slowly crumbling into dust. He forcefully shakes his head to drive away the image, but it's still vivid enough to make him retch. he throws up most of what he ate during the last thirty minutes into the sink; how fortunate he was still standing before it.

Trembling, Mikael turns the water on to wash away the mess, then stumbles back to the living room, forgetting to close the tap. He slumps on the couch, shivering.

When he got his powers, it was... not easy, but within his limits to come to terms with what he'd become. But now, a far more difficult question burns in his mind. Who is he? Sure, he walked the earth using aliases and such, but deep down, he was still him. The aloof stranger, that was just an act. Burning down his house, leaving his family, those were just... wiping the slate clean. Nothing fundamentally different from cleaning the house at spring. Abandoning those things did not make him question his identity, because they were not important to it. They were just... tangents.

But how about now? All traces of who he'd been have been obliterated. Mikael Esaja Rautiniainen would never have done the things the man on the TV is doing. The thing staring from the mirror bears more resemblance to the Mummy than the man he used to be. What would his younger self think if he'd saw him in such despicable state? What would his friend... what would she...?

Mikael buries his head in his head, a pounding headache starting to hammer the insides of his skull. Why is he thinking of this now? Didn't he get over this already? You'd think four years would be enough to forget? Why is image of her burning in his brain now? Mikael leans back and aims his stare at the ceiling light, hoping for its luminescence to overwhelm the memory haunting him, even though the bright light burns his eye and makes his headache worse.

One month, no, 29 days. That's how much time he has to haul his ass to Japan. It sounded reasonable enough when he said it to the elderly Hollow. Now, it seems far-fetched indeed. A week ago, he could've swum there; now, he can barely walk.

Mikael reaches to the chest pocket of his jacket to retrieve a carton of aspirin. He scavenged the house's medical cabinet earlier just in case this kind of **** would come to pass. He opens his mouth and pops a pill in his mouth - normally, he would take two, but after tinkering with the pills and reading the product label, he concluded one would be enough for anything smaller than an elephant.

It takes a moment for the medicine to start affecting him, slowly numbing the pounding pain into a numb aching. Mikael sighs from relief, and covers his eye with his left hand. Much better now. Maybe he can finally catch some sleep. He might be dead before the morning, but at least he won't be feeling a thing. Though rationally, there isn't much to fear from death, is there? For all he knows, it might just make him more powerful...
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2013-04-29 at 09:32 AM.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Viera Champion View Post
    Soul Society
    Shin'ō Academy

Hikaru shakes her head at the mess, then puts the reiphone back to her ear.
    "No. I want you to find out why we didn't know about this until it was too late. Also, I want you to make sure that in the future, we will know if a hollow so much as steps foot outside of Hueco Mundo."
    The Captain did not mean to sound so harsh, but this was a major issue.
    "Also, when I get back to headquarters, I want to talk to you about your recent expedition into the mortal world."
    Her eye twitched as Kiba referred to her by her first name, and without honorifics at that. She didn't believe they were close enough for that, but she let it go. It was not the time nor the place.
    Arianna nods a little. Right away, sir. She understood the harshness. Something like this was very unexpected and very unwelcome.

She hung up the phone and immediately made her way down to the control room. Once there, she'll have the team go over any and all security footage they can get in the area, even some distance away from the Academy. She'll also attempt to make contact with all of her division's members that were in the area. She'll even try and contact any Combat Division members that were there, if she can.

It's good to get as much info as you can.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Internal Security)

Jou Asura

"No sir, I mean yes sir ... I", the girl was flustered by the different answers to the questions, she hung her head low "I'm sorry sir, yes I am happy to answer your questions", she could not really believe that one of the vice-captains would be speaking to her but much of the day had been unbelievable.

Bowing low in respect before she straightened she still avoided his eyes "I cannot be sure what occurred, I was walking with Sho after a class - she was arguing the subject matter" the tone make this sound unbelievable that anyone would "when suddenly she stopped. She told me to stay away and she walked to well massacre" she paused "I would have stopped her, or asked why but, but well she walked so fast" the girl still couldn't process it.

She gulped "shortly I started feeling the death" she trembled slightly "sorry sir, I should explain I am not very good at my studies - but my instructors say I have a very good feel for people and spiritual power, so when I say I felt it I mean I felt it. I hope that makes sense" a tear rolled down her cheek "I felt the monsters killing students, and then ... then I felt something worse. It was Sho" there was a ripple of fear in her aura "I felt her aura stronger then over and what it was doing to people ... it was killing them, she killed them all" she was almost sobbing her voice at a whisper "she killed Janiu and the other, she killed Uira and, and she just didn't care", she nearly glanced at Eri's face but caught herself.

"After the power faded I found an instructor and some other students, and we raced there", she gulped the vice-captain had asked for every detail "and when asked about the event she simply stated 'that Hollows attacked so she killed them' and that 'the others were in the way'" tears streamed down her cheeks at this last line. "They were our friends and colleagues, we had fought together, trained together, joked, laughed, drank" she flushed red at admitting that last "together, we were trained know how to work as a team ... and she killed them like they were nothing", she felt very alone now "that is really all I know".

Taking a minute to collect herself "I am happy to answer any questions you have sir".

[Soul Society]
    (Shin'ō Academy - Head Instructors Dojo)

Sho Sabitsura

One of the first things that Karia demanded was to ignore pain, the swat was hard but it broke no fingers and so could be ignored, the primary mission had been accomplished here from the most recent skirmish - the blood was delivered, with the captain drawing their sword arm back in to the armpit to prevent a lock the sword was out of commission for a second. The kido connected resulting in hitting her hard in the stomach and knocking her back a step into the wall setting her up for the cane jab.
    She shifted her head at the last instant causing the cane to connect with the wall and blood from her slashed cheek and ear to fall on it, her snapped up immediately to catch the cane and hold it as her other arm snapped out to catch the captains sword in the curve at the tip of the knife to control its movement and prevent it being brought to bare.

With both arms used, she brought her foot to collide with the captains lower ribs as she half rasped half snapped "kill, Karia".

The room and surrounding areas filled with the power almost immediately, a pervasive corrupting feeling of wrongness trying to infect and destroy all it encountered, the barriers of Sawada would likely stand for a long time but they would be weakening faster then normal, for the captains themselves the power would not affect them overly but it would feel like being surrounded by invisible filth pushing at them trying to find a weak spot that might not exist while never relenting - against weaker foes who might be close outside the corruption would quickly destroy them.

For the fight it limited options, it made Kido next to worthless for the low level powers and even the strong would be at a reduced level - a weakness that might affect Sho more then Li - but this was not why Sho had used the ability.
    The more subtle blood taint affect of contact would now begin to take its toll on her opponent, and they might not even notice until it was to late by focusing on the more obvious effect.
    The fight had led to this, all she needed now was to keep the captain on her toes until she was reduced to a level where she could be dispatched with more ease - still she was unsure if she was enjoying this, prolonged fights were hazardous and the captain had shown remarkable ability so far - but she targeted her for that very reason.
    This would be a lengthy talk with Karia - if she survived.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution Thread I

Soul Society
    The Academy - Grounds

"Thank you, honoured Vice-Captain, they will surely be invaluable both in immediate and in future cases."

Alice politely bows in response to Eri's reassurance before returning to gathering research material for the SSI. Being no longer distracted by the issue of the living students, the Senior Researcher focusses entirely on collecting the corpses now. With a slight smile and a completely immersed expression, Alice begins the morbid task, handing over both whole and nearly dissolved corpses of both students and Hollows to the members of the Shinigami Science Institute that are arriving after the battle.
    Judging by their reactions, their opinions lean closer to seeing it as a great opportunity than a horrifying bloody chore.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mortal World Higure's classroom

Tamaki doesn't even seem bothered by Kenzan's statement as he closes his and says, "Correction Kenzan-san. Higure-sensei was the one who first brought up Hollows. However wheather they knew the name or not they would still know that it was some kind of supernatural creature. At that point tacking a name onto it is highly irrelevant.

If you encounter a 20 foot tall monsterous dog then your going to know that it is not natural to our world. Whether you know it is called a Cerberus or not at that point doesn't matter."

Tamaki takes his glasses off of his face and pulls a cloth out of his pocket to clean them as he says, "Nevertheless I'm sure I'm sure Natsuki-kun and Hinata-kun don't wish to hear us debate semantics. As for your question, no we aren't a part of any kind of organization. By that line of questioning though I can assume that there are groups of spirtual people with a set of goals around here. Possibly multiple. So the two of you are either part of such a group or have run afowl of one. Maybe both."

Soul Society Academy Grounds

Naijeru smiled at Kiba and gave a quick nod before his captain ran off to follow his nose. Grabbing the two jokers by the scruffs of thier necks Naijeru carried them, yes including the bulky...well Bulk, over to the wreckage area and set them down. "Well? You heard the captain boys! better start pitchin' in."
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-04-30 at 01:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

Hinata spoke up, now. "It's more that... well, our family's known about the spiritual for a long time, and there's been incidents... um... and we'd like to stay off the radar for as long as possible, avoid... misunderstandings. Especially as the Shinigami don't always like mortals getting powers like theirs like I have-"

Natsuki sighed. "Hinata..."

"...oh. Um. Whoops."

"Anyway, since my sister kinda let it slip... she's a Substitute Shinigami or whatever they're called, and I'm a Fullbring."

At Natsuki's statement, Hinata's eye twitched a little, barely there but still visible to anyone who was watching closely.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Soul SocietyProving Grounds

Lox watched from the side of one of the many sub-captain-y guards who had been tasked with attending the demonstration of his Man Portable Spirit Particle Concentration and Acceleration Device, also known as the Push Gun or Seki Rifle. He held himself with perfect confidence, knowing that so long as the guard they had chosen had passed his basic Kido course at the Academy, he would be able to utilize the device based on his highly successful Lightning Cannon.
    "Entaris is a walking dynamo of chaos. Wherever he shows up, people take aggravated." -Acanous

"The starting condition for this game is alone and lost in the woods. Not driving your lion-drawn chariot through the thick forest during a thunderstorm." -Jakarta

Good Luck. Have Fun. Much Explosion.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Shin'ō Academy - Head Instructors Dojo

Letting go of Li's sword arm in favor of controlling the cane might prove to be Sho's decisive mistake. Just as her fingers wrap around the white bamboo, Li lets go and withdraws, allowing Sho's kick to knock Li backwards. Karia clangs against Hei Lin, but the movement is wasted as Li pulls back the jian. Now Li's back at fencing distance - while Sho has her both hands full and in a very unfavorable position. Hei Lin flashes towards Sho's wrists, its sharp tip making a rapid "eight" in the air. Sho's tendons, arteries, even her bones, are in danger of being severed. She must be quick, or else she'll have to learn to use her feet for things other than just firing Kido...

14. - Top - End - #464

Soul Society
    Internal Security

Eri holds up a finger as Myojin enters, signaling that he will deal with his subordinate soon, once he is done with Jou.

Eri cringed at the effect the horrifying story seemed to have on the girl, his eyes darkening at the deeds of Sho. He places his hand on Jou's head, trying to comfort her.
    "What you have told me today will be very helpful indeed, and I thank you for it. I hope you'll consider joining the Internal Security Division when you graduate from the academy. I know your abilities will be of great use here."

Soul Society
    Shin'ō Academy -> Recon Headquarters

A little while later, Hikaru will stride into the HQ, and found Arianna. She seems to have cooled down quite a bit, and is in control of herself.
    "You certainly arrived in the nick of time. We need to talk about your visit to the Mortal World."
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

15. - Top - End - #465
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    [Mortal World]
    (Suburbia)

"She is my friend and I am hers. What more is there?" Miko pauses for a second. "She still doesn't like you by the way."
    Hayato does this mixture of sighing and then chuckling in response to Miko's last comment. He considers that its likely the Hollow was aware they were being chased earlier today by his insects, and that Miko is otherwise completely unaware of the fact.

Yeah, I can kind of figure why she doesn't like me too much. That does sort of lead to in to my next question for you. Have you ever directly encountered a Shinigami, besides myself of course?
    "All humans are weak creatures. It is how those weak creatures fight and grow, that they eventually become strong. If you are weak, don't despair. Fight! --Saitama"

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mortal World
    (The Classroom)

Kenzan folds his arms and continues frowning. "Why would you call a 20-foot tall dog a Cerberus? It'd need to have three heads in order for that to make sense. Plus most ancient depictions of Cerberus have him as a large but otherwise regular-sized dog with three heads. I mean I guess if it was a ghost dog you'd have the whole underworld theme going for you, but if that's the only criteria, then Anubis would be better. As for an actual giant dog, there's Clifford, but I'm not sure that would be appropriate for something that apparently eats people. Fenris would probably be a more accurate..."

He would have continued to ramble, but fortunately Hinata speaks up. "Fullbring? Substitute Shinigami?" He turns to Higure and Tamaki. "Did that watch-guy mention either of those at all?"

(Suburbia)

"I've seen them occasionally. I just pretend not to notice them and stay as far away as possible. So far they've left me and Cutie Pie alone."

[Soul Society]
    (Academy Grounds)

Bulk and Skull were already pitching in where they could, moving bodies or wounded or debris. But Naijeru "reinforces" their commitment.
    "Aye Aye, Sir!"
    "Aye Aye, Sir!"
    they say in unison. With anyone else it probably would have been a simple Yes, Sir! but Naijeru seemed to prefer the more nautical approach.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2013-04-30 at 03:29 PM.

17. - Top - End - #467

SolithKnightGuy

Soul Society
    The Senkaimon -> Recon Headquarters

The Senkaimon opens, allowing Calvin to lead his exhausted squad back through to the Soul Society. They'd spent the past few days in the human world patrolling the site of a terrible earthquake. The surplus of dead and depressing atmosphere of such events sometimes draw in Hollows that otherwise remain hidden, so Recon typically sends a squad in do secure the area. This one was large enough that Calvin had led it himself. Now, however, the situation appeared under control, and he felt comfortable leaving it to the regularly appointed protector of the area.

Stepping back into the Soul Society, Calvin stretches and considers the paperwork he's going to need to do now that he's returned. Before he can get onto that however, he get's a message from Vice-Captain Arianna alerting him to the situation. Rubbing his eyes, he turns to the nearest squad member. "Rokurou, get back to headquarters and start on the paperwork for me. I've got an important meeting to get to. Have the rest of the squad check if they're needed elsewhere, otherwise they're off duty." He barely waits for a response before using Shunpo to take off.

Traveling quickly through Soul Society, Calvin arrives at the Recon Division Headquarters. He searches the building quickly, coming across the Captain and Vice-Captain having a discussion in the control room. He approaches them, stopping a short distance away. "Captain Hikaru, Vice-Captain Junrin." He bows politely and waits to see if they have anything to discuss with him.
    The Ishka wiki. Check it out people, it's a cool little city.

My memorial spoiler. Please give a moment of silence for those who have died.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

18. - Top - End - #468

[Mortal World]
    Dance Studio
    Hikari used Comfort!
    Miya is successfully comforted! Miya's Attack has been lowered.

After some deep breathing, Miya responds. "Okay, mother," she says. "I can do it." She seems more confidant, now.

[Hueco Mundo]
    Lesser Arena

The Second Espada Azmus will, of course, see Valentina with her face buried in her arms and knees. One he speaks, Valentina stops her mourning, but doesn't raise her head until she can fully control her emotions again.

Finally, she looks up, and stands up in front of Azmus. She looks more composed, but with black tear-stains down her face. "Yes, you are correct," she says, nodding.
    "I'll be there swiftly."

Before leaving, she gives a nod to Azmus, and slowly walks out of the Lesser Arena.

She doesn't bother going quickly, though.
    About half an hour later, she arrives in the designated meeting spot, in Primera's Domain.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Sho Sabitsura

She had not captured the sword in the knife as intended, but she had gained a second weapon and was taller then the opponent ... in some ways an advantage, despite the inferiority of using the sheath as a weapon.
    Still in terms of position she was at a disadvantage and her opponent was coming in fast.

Shunpo was the order of the day in this scenario - once the opponent had committed to an attack breaking it mid strike was nearly impossible, the cane was brought to bare against side of the sword to avoid injury while she shifted her position to the center of the room - only then noticing the cut along the back of her hand where the sword had landed after impacting the cane, and making grip on the hand worthless compared to standard attacks she let the cane clatter to the floor.

From an outsiders perspective she was losing but every second she was closed to victory, even the best healers would need time and that was something she would not allow Li, ignoring that the blood mist would make any delicate work redundant even if the captain noticed.

Shifting her stance she moved to hold the knife as a parrying dagger - her body twisted to avoid the damaged regions and to allow for escape - she waited for her opponent to make their next move.

[Soul Society]
    (Internal Security)

Jou Asura
    "I will consider it sir", she was unsure if she was suited to being a Shinigami anymore - but she knew not to make snap decisions.

Bowing low again she moved to leave the senior Shinigami to discuss there business unsure where she would go after this, but she stopped at the doorway looking back at the vice captain bowing very low her head almost to the ground "please forgive me sir ... but what will happen to the survivors. And Sho".
    She had heard stories of what happened to those that ended up with the Shinigami Science Institute - and while they were likely exaggerated by senior students she had to ask. As for Sho ... she truly didn't know what answer she wanted about her fate.

She was mortified that she had asked the vice-captian such a question, but it had pushed her to it she would not be able to sleep otherwise, maybe never again.

20. - Top - End - #470

[Soul Society] - Recon Headquarters

Hikaru will find Arianna down in the control room, overseeing the gathering of the information.

Upon seeing her captain, Arianna will quickly end her discussion with one of the team members and walk over to her, giving a small salute as greeting.

She nods a little. Certainly, sir. What do you want to know?

And then Calvin arrives. Arianna will nod to him a little and wait to see if Hikaru has anything to say to him at the moment.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

21. - Top - End - #471
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Soul Society]Shino Academy
    Dosan salutes, going and helping as well, clearing what debris he can.

Internal Security
    Myojin nods to Eri, standing quietly aside.

Higure looks between the students, a thinking.

I don't recall him mentioning those...

He glances at the clock on the wall, and his eyes widen.

Oh, my. The school is about to close, we're going to have to cut this short. Perhaps we should all meet after school again tomorrow?

[Hueco Mundo]The Lesser Arena
    Azmus watches her silently for a moment before sonido-ing off, gathering anyone else before arriving at the Primera's domain himself, only a few minutes after Valentina.
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2013-04-30 at 10:51 PM.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

Hinata looked up to the clock at Higure's statement, before turning to Natsuki. "Um... yeah, we'd better get home before our parents start worrying. I suppose we'll explain a bit more tomorrow afternoon... at least of what we know."

Natsuki nodded. "We'll see you guys tomorrow, then..."

Before the two sisters turned to leave.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Sawada doesn't move from in front of the door even when the place fills with the corruptive energy. He discreetly switches on a recording device hidden on his body. He makes no other move to interfere however, seeming to honor the duel for what it is.

24. - Top - End - #474

Soul Society
    Recon Headquarters

Just as she is about to start the serious conversation with Arianna, Calvin appears, interrupting them.
    "Ah... Hello my dear."
    Normally she would dismiss the interruption, but she has a soft spot in her heart for the sharpshooter, like the love for a little brother, or more accurately, a favorite nephew.
    "How did your recent mission go?"
    She asks, giving Arianna a look that says their talk will resume in a second.

Soul Society
    Internal Security

"The survivors will be taken care of by the Medical Division, and will return to the Academy when they are deemed capable."
    Then he sighs.
    "As for Miss Sho, I cannot guarantee anything. I have already ordered to have her watched, but I fear Sawada-taichou has his eye on her, and there might be vey little I can do if he commands it.

I am of course, telling you all this in complete confidence, and I trust you will not tell I soul of what I am saying."
    Last edited by Viera Champion; 2013-05-01 at 08:17 AM.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

25. - Top - End - #475

SolithKnightGuy

Soul Society
    Recon Division

Calvin nods his head quickly. "Sorry for interrupting, I just got a message saying that there was a situation at the Academy and thought I should check in."

"As for my mission, we swept the area and sent every Plus we could find. Nine Hollows showed up during this time as well. Nothing out of the ordinary for a mission like this." He shrugs. The mission hadn't been any rougher than usual. The difficult part was always seeing the human's response and the injured. The worst was those right on their deathbeds. Occasionally they could see a Shinigami, as their soul was beginning to leave their body. Hearing them cry out for help and knowing that all you could do was comfort them as they died, or not even that.

But this situation required all of his attention right now. "Is there anything you need me to do to deal with the attack?"
    The Ishka wiki. Check it out people, it's a cool little city.

My memorial spoiler. Please give a moment of silence for those who have died.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

[Mortal World]
    (Classroom)

"I... but..." Kenzan starts to object, actually enjoying the company, but the sun is setting outside. "Fine..." He leaves the way he came in, through the window dropping several stories straight down and landing on his feet. The action seems perfectly normal to him.

If unsolicited, Kenzan will probably go home to his crappy student-provided apartment to ponder the day's events.

(Dance Studio)

"There's a good girl," Hikari smiles at her daughter. "I promise everything will get better soon. There's just some things I have to get done first.

"Now then, I don't think we always need to meet in an abandoned building. We should think of a way to contact each other so that we never have to be truly apart."
    She waits for Miya to suggest something, letting her choose something special. Something sentimental, something that could be their little secret, something that they could start to truly reconnect with.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Li allows Sho to take her distance and move away from the corner. As she drops the cane, Li flicks a finger towards it, and it suddenly stands on its end. "Grow, Hei Lin." In but blink of an eye, the cane turns into a branching bamboo tree, momentarily obscuring Li's upper body from Sho's view. The captain takes this chance to reach into fold of the captain's haori with a free hand, digging out a small, grey pouch.

Then, Li steps forwards, throws the pouch in the air, and then slices right through it, cutting the bamboo stalks as well. In addition to a smattering of cut bamboo branches and leaves falling towards Sho, the air is also filled with fine, grey dust. Most of it will fall to the ground soon enough, but some will linger in the air - and be caught on sticky surfaces, such as Sho's bleeding cheek and hand.

Li, keeping Hei Lin ready to strike Sho should she attack, again reaches into pockets of the haori to fetch another pouch. On the ground, some bamboo leaves start to wilt and wither due to the noxious air.

28. - Top - End - #478

[Soul Society] - Recon Headquarters

Arianna nods to Haruki and turns to listen to Calvin as well.

She couldn't think of anything for him to do at the moment. The research was being handled pretty well, and he probably needed some rest, anyways.

I can't think of anything at the moment. Unless the captain has something in mind.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Internal Security)

Jou Asura

There was some relief that there would be medical attention, "thank you sir, I will respect your confidence", she didn't know why there would be secrecy but it was not her place to know.

Taking the invitation to leave him to his more important work, she couldn't bring herself to go back to her room in the academy yet - instead taking the time to walk the around and clear her head.

[Soul Society]

Sho Sabitsura

So the captain had decided to match the level that she had chosen to fight at - at least the opponent was taking her seriously. Unfortunately she had little knowledge how her opponent fought like this or what tricks they might have.

She did however know her own tricks fairly well, moving around the bamboo when it sprung to life and the captain cut through it. She could do little about the seeds or whatever it was that the captain had thrown at her - she would have to reluctantly trust the mist to kill any life or power they had while she tried to finish the battle before they might affect it - she maintained her eyes on opponent.

So far in the fight she had avoided using Karia as a standard knife fighting tool relying instead on Kidō, Hakuda and Hohō, now her stance changed indicated pure offense as she launched herself at her opponent her blade moving in a blur, in fact the appearance of the style was a deception the entire point was for defense forcing an opponent into a position where they needed to maintain their own defense by using a smaller more maneuverable weapon - the intention was to ensure that once the opponent took a chance to break a stale mate the opening would favour the lighter weapon and this would be over. Particularly as the taint began to slow an opponent.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Sho attacks while Li's free hand is still looking for the pouch. Frowning, the elderly captain abandons the search and backpedals, trying to keep distance as to better utilize Hei Lin's greater reach. But Sho has two healthy legs, where as Li does not. After fifteen seconds of rapid exchanging of strikes and parries, Li stumbles as Li is forced to put all Li's weight on the prosthetic leg. Unable to keep balance, Li falls and has to roll backwards, ending up kneeling. Unable to properly parry with Hei Lin, the captain quickly grabs Sho's knife hand by the wrist to avoid being stabbed - but that still leaves Sho one hand and two legs to use. Trying to make best of a bad situation, Li quickly thrusts upwards with the jian, aiming below Sho's sternum and trying to pierce her diaphragm. Sho might notice the blade has turned from bronze to wood.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2013-05-01 at 01:59 PM.