New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution Thread I

[Soul Society]
    (Shin'ō Academy - Head Instructors Dojo)

Sho Sabitsura

The tactic had worked to an extent her opponent was on the back foot, her hand was grabbed taking the knife out of commission but she could likely twist out if needed.

Instead she flicked the knife around in her hand to bring it into Li's own hand.

For the thrust at her chest she was somewhat trapped but pulled herself behind her knife hand - both to allow move movement there and to place the captain's own hand between them and allowing her to move behind the captains body if needed, she brought her knee to collide with the captains temple as she did so - to leave them senseless if everything worked out.

Her student ware was ripped horrible by the thrust however - in the clarity of the fight she noted that that may be a useful if she needed some cloth later in the fight - but it was probably to far progressed to require cheap tricks like that.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ettin in the Playground

Li's forearm is slashed by the knife, and the captain's hold breaks completely when Sho kicks Li in the head. The elder is knocked on the floor, and rolls over one shoulder to get further from Sho. It's a bad position as Sho is only a step away, and ready to strike. But as Li gets back on a kneeling position, the Captain quickly flicks the bleeding hand towards Sho. Sho might notice Li's eyes flashing bright green for a split-second.

That's when things get... weird for her. Sho can feel a sting in her left hand, and if she bothers to look, she'll see a small green sprout growing from the gash at the back of her hand. At the same moment, the fern spores stuck in her cheeck spring to life, and she can feel them begin growing roots into her flesh - towards her inner ear and brain.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Sho Sabitsura

She was happy with the positioning, moving with the captain to go behind her and strike down, she felt the sensation briefly but ignored it ... the death was so close.

That was until she felt the borrowing into her head, it was the first time despite her injuries suffered that she seemed in true pain ... her scream was not a battle cry but that of a teen in incredible pain.
    The knife strike that should have ended the fight was haphazard at best fast and strong but not precise ... she knew she had to kill the captain now or die and she might die anyway, but as one of her eyes flooded with blood as the roots dug deeper she could not help but feel some measure of fear.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ettin in the Playground

Karia stabs Li through the Captain's left shoulder - dangerous, but not immediately fatal. Li grabs Sho's wrist again to prevent her from pulling the knife out. That way, it at least slows down the bleeding. With right hand, Li lifts Hei Lin close to Sho's face. Sho can hear the blade hum with power - or maybe it is a hallucination caused by the fern roots digging into her skull.

Either way, the malicious plant acts like a fast-growing tumor, hindering blood circulation in Sho's head. Meanwhile, the plant in her left hand saps strenght from her muscles. Blindness, paralysis, reduced state of consciousness... all are possible and could strike her any moment now.

Li grits teeth and counts seconds mentally. The elder's right eye has become bloodshot and swollen as a sign of infection, but the other is burning bright green now. Everything is in place to make Sho collapse, now if it just can be achieved before Li bleeds to death.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Mortal World]
    Dance Studio

Tsukamoto Miya starts to think. Will a cell phone call work? Do spirits even have cell phones?

But how else could she let her mother know when to meet? Possibly a code or a secret message. Oh! There's an idea. "You know the Lily-of-the-valley bush?" Of course she does. Mother was always so good at gardening. It's an evergreen bush that blooms in winter and spring. Slightly poisonous. "I've been taking care of one of those. How about, when I leave that plant pot just outside of the front door, it means that I'll be free to meet up after school? In a dojo closer to home." She tells how to find it.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mortal World Higure's classroom

Tamaki sighed at Kenzan as he said quietly, "Point, missing it. Oh well." Hearing Higures words Tamaki nods before heading out of the classroom as well. However he wasn't heading home. SOemthing was off about the twins Akiyama. From Hinata's eyetwitch to Natsuki's questioning if they had other alligiances. The thing was athat a 6'2 gaijin looking young man would not be able to blend into a japanese crowd very well. So he had to take the scenic route to following the duo. After all he wanted to make sure he, Kenzan, and Higure weren't walking into something that could screw them over. They had already had their arms twisted into allying with one unknown today. They did not need another.

Wehn the twins hit the streets Tamaki would proceed to follow as discreetly as he could by rooftop. He wasnt' sure how, but he could...change the properties of other objects at times. It probably had something to do with his Red Joker transformation. Either way by making the ground underneath his feet extremely elastict he could easily keep up with the twins by rooftop. It was time to get some answers as he was tired of running around in the dark. That could get him and his allies killed.

Soul Society Academy Grounds

Naijeru mostly helped by clearing debris by the truckloads. He tried to help get survivors to care as well but mostly left that to the others as he didn't want to accidentally injure them further with his brute strength.

Hueco Mundo

Feeling that Jehoel had left the arena Kyoki used her slightly subpar Sonido to rapidly head towards the Primera District lest Ragunaroku get aggrevated again.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Sho Sabitsura

She could have cursed when she felt herself miss, not able to focus enough to see the miss itself, through her remaining solid eye she saw the sword come up but it was blurry and unfocused, taking her mind longer then it should have to grasp the danger.

She saw the captains face - had she turned or was she imagining it she couldn't tell, and reacted on instinct bringing her forehead down to try to collide with the captains nose - if Li was weakened enough she might break her neck - but she couldn't even register whether she had connected or not.

The pain took control as her vision blurred out, and she collapsed on the ground - blacking out would have been a mercy but she would not allow herself that, she wanted to know if she had killed her enemy she needed to know - despite the pain and how it was her world now she would not allow herself to black out.

She would die here, but the fear had been replaced by pain and ... certainty. She was certain that if she died possible writhing on the floor she was at least going to experience it awake, like so many of her victims over the years had - a final gift to Karia.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ogre in the Playground

Mortal World The Streets

The twins walked along, taking a fairly crowded route for most of the trip home, and simply chatting during that time... before they arrived at a fairly vacant street, and started to talk. "Fairly empty? Good... we really should watch where we talk about that kinda stuff in future."

Hinata nodded. "Mmmm. Mum isn't going to be happy..." She sighed softly. "Didn't like lying to them."

"Not entirely comfortable with that, either. But what, tell them I'm a Quincy? Hina-nee, you know what happened to the Bosch, right now we can't let the fact they weren't the only Family out into the open where it might be encountered by the Shinigami."

"They did attack the Shinigami, though. Still, you're right, that means we'd need to be careful about stepping into the open. It's just..."

"I know, you don't like letting stuff like that go because it's not true. I saw your reaction, sis."
    Last edited by horngeek; 2013-05-01 at 06:17 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #489
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mortal World The streets

Tanaki's eyebrows rose as he continued following the girls. Quincy? And something about Shinigami too. Could there be some kind of enmity between Shinigami like Sawada and the Akamiya twins family? Hmm... this bore futher investigation. THough he had to wonder. Was this was Sawada was hoping to uncover when he said to look for other people with special abilities? And what was wrong with the way Hinata got her powers? Further more how did she become a shinigami yet was still alive? Something didn't add up.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

[Mortal World]
    (The Streets)

The three children had spread out all over the city to continue their game. They could just happen to be following behind the various students as they went their separate ways was a coincidence, or whether tailing the older kids were just part of the game. Either way, they seemed to have no trouble getting around the city, barely seen except for the occasional excitable shadow.

(Dance Studio)

"That sounds fine. All right now, I know tonight's been excitable, but you still need your sleep and it's getting late. I will be in touch." Hikari cannot help but hug Miya tightly once more. "I love you so much. Never forget that."

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

Mortal world The Streets

Hinata smiled at Natsuki. "Well, we're nearly home, we can talk to mum and dad, see what they think? Figure out a plan."

Natsuki nodded, smiling- before she frowned, pausing and turning… to look in the direction of Tanaki's hiding spot.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Shin'ō Academy - Head Instructors Dojo

Sho's desperate headbutt breaks Li's concentration. Li's head jerks back, and as strenght flees Sho, the falling Captain pulls her down as well. "Damn it", Li hisses from under Sho, then lets go of Hei Lin. After gently prying Sho's fingers off of Karia, Li pushes her to the side and crawls away from under her. The elder crawls to the nearest wall and, using it as a support, painstakingly gets back up.

Grimacing, Li pulls the dagger from Li's shoulder, then drops it to the ground and presses index and middle fingers of Li's right hand into the wound. It appears this stops the bleeding, as the dark stain on Li's haori ceases expanding.

The ancient Captain has clearly seen better days. Li's right eye has swollen shut, Li's nose is bleeding, and Li's left hand is dripping with blackish-green ichor. There's also something resembling a chemical burn expanding up Li's left arm. "Sawada", Li croaks, "get in here. There's a medical kit in the closet." Then, the Captain begins a slow, cautious limp back towards Sho. Li stops just a few steps away from her writhing body. As the elder gets closer, Hei Lin stands on its tip, as if drawn by a powerful magnet, and Li catches its handle in Li's left palm.

"It appears you are still alive"
    , Li dryly states. How long is a different question, but even untreated Sho might cling to life for another thirty minutes through sheer stubbornness. "I will have you know that the cost of fixing the wall will be suspended from your first paycheck. Now, seal your Zanpakuto." Of course, Karia will seal itself sooner or later as Sho's consciousness fades, but on the off-chance Sho can still hear the words, Li offers her a chance to do it on her own volition.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Sawada drops his barrier as he steps more fully into the room once more. He ceases his recording, a faint smile crossing his lips as he moves to get the medical kit. He remains silent as he offers the kit to the elder Captain, his spiritual pressure expanding to keep the corruptive energy away from himself.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground

Li shoots a glare at Sawada. "Do I look like I have abundance of free hands? Put it down and..." Li's complaint is interrupted by a fit of coughing. "Put it down and *cough* open it. There's adrenaline pen somewhere in there. My body is undergoing an anaphylactic shock, I'm going to need a shot if I want to make it back to the monastery before choking to death." Sawada might note the elder's breathing is getting a bit labored.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Sawada seems almost to contemplate for a moment though the state of the Elder Captain makes the moment swift. He opens the case, pulling out the pen and helpfully uncapping it slamming it into her upper thigh with a nod.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Bugbear in the Playground

´Mortal World´
    Dance Studio

Miya nods, and swallows her sad feelings. "I love you, too, Mother."

"I'll see you again soon."

After the tight hug ends, Miya walks out of the Dance Studio. Before leaving, she looks back longingly.

Then, she leaves. She begins her journey back home in the dark and empty streets.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2013-05-01 at 08:24 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

[Mortal World]
    (Dance Studio)

Hikari tearfully watches her daughter leave. Already she cannot wait until they next see each other. Watching her go down the street back home, she suddenly recognizes a presence in the shadows. "I know you're there..."

"Forgive me," the shadow spoke. "My only aim is to keep my presence from your daughter, Hikaru-san. I trust everything went well."

"As you said it would. How long will it take until I can stay with her permanently?"

"Patience. I need more research before I can verify that you will not be a danger to yourself or others. But I do keep my word, Hikaru-san, as I trust you will."

"I've already told you everything I know."

"And it has proven quite valuable. The experiment succeeded beyond my expectations." Hikari winced. "But in order to further my research, what I require is raw data. Speaking of which, how are the cravings?"

"Like my chest is on fire," she was forced to admit.

"Then let us be off."

(Suburbia)

"Well, it was nice meeting you. But it's getting really late. I should get to sleep. You'd better not come peeping in my window." If unimpeded, Miko will head back to her home.

((And hopefully with this my mortal characters are ready to shift to the next day if everyone else's are.))

[Soul Society]
    (Head Instructor's Dojo)

Kiba approaches Sawada and Captain Li. He could smell the remnants of the poison from outside the building and made sure to keep his distance, however. "I have extra patrols out, but there aren't any other hollow traces left. Whatever managed to get in was destroyed at the academy." He sees Captain Li's condition, but unless he's asked he won't help. Li knew what he was getting into. Li was a Captain and should be able to stand on two feet. Well, figuratively speaking.
    Last edited by DiscipleofBob; 2013-05-01 at 10:00 PM.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Troll in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Shino Academy

"Stupid Hollows, can't even go to my favorite place for lunch anymore without something going wrong. Going to have to get food delivered if this keeps up." The infamous Captain, not looking like he's missed a lunch in centuries, stalks past the charred hole on the Head Instructor's dojo wall, kicking rubble out of his way as he passes into the courtyard where Kiba is barking orders. "Here, heard you were looking for these." He unceremoniously dumps three Hollows, alive but looking like they were battered into submission, at Kiba's feet. "Six more back that way, left them alive and bound, but these were in better shape. More likely to live, for now." The Hollows are severely bruised, but not bleeding anywhere. As usual, Takeshi looks like his uniform is ready for a dress inspection, despite the battle.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

Li grimaces slightly as Sawada stabs the pen into Li's leg. "Better", the Captain mumbles... and that's when Kiba and Sato barge in. "What are you doing? GET OUT! The air is full of fast-acting toxin, you're going to kill our pris-..."

The exasperated elder's rant is cut by another fit of wheezing and coughing, causing Li to double over. For a moment, it looks like Li is about to fall down, but then the Captain straightens up. "Send word to Shigure. Tell him. to prepare an operation room for brain surgery. We are going to save this girl", Li whispers to Sawada. Then, the elder turns to adress Sato, with a much calmer, lower voice this time. "Take them to Int Sec before the infection kills them. Kiba-san will come with you. Now, leave the way you came. At once."
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2013-05-02 at 03:26 AM.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Shino Academy

Sato arches an eyebrow, Li knows whatever is in this room is not a real threat to him, but bows and does as the Head Instructor commands. He drags the Hollows outside. "That was Sho. Talented child, always gets top marks in her combat classes. I wonder why the Head had to put her down?" His stomach rumbles ominously, causing a localized tremor. "Next time, I'm finishing lunch, then fighting..."
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]

Sho Sabitsura

Writhing on the ground she could not make out sound over the feeling of the roots in her head, that new people had appeared was lost on her, and as the mist began to infect the hollows that entered to reduce them to move towards reducing them to mulch was something she could not appreciate.
    Despite her pathetic state Karia was not only active but the power from the blade was undiminished lying immobile on the ground still it radiated a malevolent power causing the air to remain hostile for most, and leaving her blood as a serious worry.

You lost” the knife said to her “and you’re still losing”, the voice cutting through the pain but not easing it “I know what you’re thinking” the words condescending as if talking to a child “your thinking it could have went either way” turning mocking “and you are wrong, things only ever go the way that they will go. And excuses don’t change that”.

The pain in her head grow more intense “but I think you might need a lesson, that captain is willing to heal you but if the taint weakens them enough the mist will kill them ... or at least force them to focus on themselves”, patronising now “and since the death of you and them is not worth the deaths of the many in the future you should seal me and focus your power on preventing their last attack from killing you”.

Of course with where the roots are now holding them off will be a major undertaking of will rather than relaxing to pain” the voice malicious “I am interested to see how long you can last”.

The mist died down in the room evaporating into nothing fairly soon after, and her blood returned to normal, thought the taint would remain in any affected until purged.

All her spiritual strength was now focused on the preventing the roots gaining any further foothold, holding them at a position of intense pain and so painfully close to sweet release.

[Soul Society]
    (SS - Grounds)

Jou Asura
    She wandered aimlessly for a while, wanting to go back and help but being unable to make herself do so – finding a park area by accident where she sat in a bench under an oak tree and began to sob to herself. She had lost friends today and her sense of security had been shattered. Had she been in the courtyard she would have died – likely against the hollows before Sho had arrived to make sure, she thought bitterly.
    How could she be a meaningful member of the society when she could not fight, she had joined to help people – maybe heal, maybe investigate petty crimes maybe even become a great fighter. But those dreams seemed childish now.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mortal World The Steets

Tamaki pulled to a stop when he noticed the Twins slowing down. They must have been pulling close to home. However when Natsuki stopped completely he paused in his following them, wondering if she saw something. When she started turning he immediately threw himself down to hide behind a couple of air vents on the roof. 'Kuso! I can't believe that I almost got caught! I might still get caught! I get to greedy for information. All I can do is hope they continue on.'

So Tamaki did his level best to hide himself from Natsuki praying that she not find him. In the process his body unconsciously started to lower his spiritual energy output. Only a little though.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

Mortal World The Streets

The next actions happen remarkably quickly, Hinata realising that her sister had noticed something, and looking at her. "...boost?"

Natsuki narrowed her eyes. "Yep."

And then she leaps, father than any human should be able to- and as she leaps, a disk of spiritual matter forms beneath the Quincy's feet, Hinata bringing up a hand as she focuses...

Then speaks. "Sho!"

The disk underneath Natsuki's feet is pushed by the Kido- even if none of the trio know what that is truly called- the twin's teamwork quickly propelling Natsuki up to the rooftop... where she sighs as she sees who it is. "Ah. I suppose we were acting pretty suspiciously, weren't we? I... don't think we got your name earlier.

...how much did you hear?"
    The question isn't asked rudely, but there's still a tone of quiet concern behind it.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2013-05-02 at 08:57 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mortal World The Streets

Tamaki sighs as well before he stands up from his hiding spot. He looks over to Natsuki with the same expression they saw on his face before at the school. A look of careful neutrality. Not dismissive enough to be taken as disinterest or offensive, but at the same time not engaged or expressive.

Tamaki pushes up his glasses as he says, "Enough that all I have is more questions and no answers. Like how your sister is still alive if she is supposed to be a Shinigami. Also why your family is so adverse to them if she is one herself. Not to mention I still have no idea just what a Quincy is and whether I need to watch out for them. So in a way, I took risks and got little to no reward. Well thems the bricks as they say." He shrugs his shoulders as he finishes.

By the way, The name is Tamaki Haroda."

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

Mortal World The Streets

"...if we're going to talk about this, Hinata's going to be a part of it. Come on down."

Natsuki tilted her head down towards the street she had just come flying out of, a street that was (thankfully) still deserted, apart from Hinata, who was watching the scene up on the rooftoop.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Tamaki nodded as he followed jumped down to the street with ease, bouncing a little as his feet hit the ground. He looked over to Hinata with an introspective look. He...for lack of a better word felt when they had used their powers to get the jump on him and it felt a little different from his own powers. He couldn't really tell how, just that it was. He waited for Natsuki to come down before heading over to Hinata.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ogre in the Playground

Mortal World The Streets

As Tamaki touched down on the ground, Hinata gave him a small smile. Natsuki touched down shortly afterwards, a platform of blue reishi cushioning her descent. "All right... um..."

"Okay, so you heard I'm a Quincy... Hina-chan, handle this together? You've always been better at history of spiritual matters than I have, after all."

"Well, what do you want to know..."

Hinata looked over to Natsuki, who replied. "Tamaki Haroda."

"All right. What do you want to know, Tamaki-san?"

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mortal World The Streets

Tamaki put a hand to his chin in thought before he said, "Well I guess the first thing I would like to know about are these 'Families'. It suggests that the Quincies are divided in some way. After that could you please explain what a Quincy actually is?"

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ogre in the Playground

Mortal World The Streets

"That's quite simple- the Four Families are the four remaining families of those five who founded the Quincy. As for what we are...

Essentially, mortals who decided we needed to be able to protect ourselves and our loved ones against Hollow attacks. So, three hundred years ago, representatives from the Five Families gatheres, pooling mortal knowledge and skills in the spiritual areas from all over the world into a single, unified framework- the Quincy arts.

There's no real divide- there's disagreements over the exact course to take, but we know full well the risks of outright dividing over those agreements, so we discuss it."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mortal World The Streets

Tamaki nods as his look gets and even deeper look to it. "I see. Then the Bosch must have been a family that had conflict with the Shinigami. Judging by how you are speaking it was wiped out or very close to it. This is all information that is very interesting.

As you have taken the time to explain this to me I will not mention it to the others out of respect. I have ascertained that you two will probably not be a threat to us indirectly. Directly is another matter as you are far more familiar with your powers. However your personalities indicate that as long as we fight to protect others it will not be an issue."

Tamaki gives a polite bow to the twins before adjusting his glasses once more. "I believe I have acquired enough information and taken up enough of your time. I still have questions but hopefully those can be answered at a later time. If that is all then I should probably get home. That is of course unless you have questions as well. I hardly expect to get information and not give any in return."

Provided that the twins didn't have any questions to ask him Tamaki would quickly bound home to get some sleep for the next day. That was when their task of guarding the Mortal World would officially begin.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-05-02 at 10:41 AM.