New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution Thread I

[Mortal Realm]
    Suburbs

"Championship fighter? In which sport? Or league? How do they classify these things nowadays?"
    , the older woman muses. "I competed in Judo for a while when I was younger, too. It has changed a lot lately, though... do you know they removed three-point techniques from the scoring system? I don't know what they have against tripping these days..."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mortal World
    (Classroom)

"That's it? We just treat these things like an occasional nuisance and go on as if nothing's out of the ordinary?" The answer clearly doesn't satisfy Kenzan, perhaps because it implies going back to a normal life when something finally interesting is happening.

Soul Society
    (Combat Training Grounds)

The princess is trying to rile him up again. He probably thinks that riling Kiba up will make him sloppy. That couldn't be further from the truth, as Kiba quickly learned early on that his rage could be focused. "Did you come here to talk, make bad jokes, or fight? Pick one," Kiba scolds back as he ducks under the path of the lightning bolt, singing part of his head wrap. Charging forward, so low to the ground he was almost on all fours, his fist launches in an uppercut towards Sawada's face while he keeps an eye on Sawada's blade It was already considered bad form to bring Kido into a sparring match in the Combat Division, but Kiba was not about to complain. After all, if he was going to get stronger, he had to be prepared to fight all kinds of opponents. "We took the bulk of the casualties on the front lines in the last hollow attack. You know, the one that took your captain as well as mine." Kiba isn't being sarcastic or fecetious. He never understood the point of trash-talking during a fight.

Hueco Mundo
    (The Arena)

Karasu's leg is hit square-on, but instead of breaking it just naturally bends. With no reason to keep it steady while he's in the air, Karasu suffers some major bruising and probably a fracture, but no clear break. It's a minor setback as Karasu continues to ascend, intending to drop Baatar from as high a height as possible.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Mortal Ream]
    Suburbs

Wow, Shiba Yui really knows how to make Miya feel comfortable quickly: distract her by talking about martial arts.

Of course, she suddenly feels a lot more comfortable talking with this strange woman now that Miya knows that she is also a martial artist. "No, I didn't know that," she says. "I wonder why, though."

After musing, Tsukamoto answers the question. "I don't know Judo very well. I much prefer Jiu-Jitsu." She shifts all the bags into one hand, so she can raise her fist in determination while staring off towards the falling sun. "I really want to win some American Mixed Martial Arts championship. The ones in that country are very prestigious, you know. Everyone there's really good. I want to win the Invicta FC eventually. You know, they have a business partnership with JEWELS, here in Japan. Every so often, the top fighters of JEWELS and of the Invicta go against each other. So, if I win, they'll have to invite me over there."

[Hueco Mundo]
    The Arena

Shoot.

He hates flying people. They're so hard to hurt.

Baatar has no choice but to try again; maybe, that way, he'll bring down this bird-man with him.

Valentina looks up into the sky, trying to keep track of them. It's so very hard to see them that far up.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Soul Society

The princess is trying to rile him up again. He probably thinks that riling Kiba up will make him sloppy. That couldn't be further from the truth, as Kiba quickly learned early on that his rage could be focused. "Did you come here to talk, make bad jokes, or fight? Pick one," Kiba scolds back as he ducks under the path of the lightning bolt, singing part of his head wrap. Charging forward, so low to the ground he was almost on all fours, his fist launches in an uppercut towards Sawada's face while he keeps an eye on Sawada's blade It was already considered bad form to bring Kido into a sparring match in the Combat Division, but Kiba was not about to complain. After all, if he was going to get stronger, he had to be prepared to fight all kinds of opponents. "We took the bulk of the casualties on the front lines in the last hollow attack. You know, the one that took your captain as well as mine." Kiba isn't being sarcastic or fecetious. He never understood the point of trash-talking during a fight.
    "I can multi-task." Sawada counters, shunpo-ing back away from the blow with a tsk. "Not the face Kiba." he mock scolds, giving his blade a twirl before launching forward once more with a high strike. "Oh? I hadn't heard about that yet. Why don't you fill me in? There was an attack on Soul Society?"

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

[Mortal Ream]
    Suburbs

"Something about favoring clean and strong throws with wide arcs, I suppose", Yui remarks, rolling her eyes. Mention of jujutsu makes her chuckle. "Jiu-jutsu? Are you studying one of the old schools, or that fashionable Brazilian thing? I'm very surprised if you got to either without learning Judo first, Judo is so much more common around here. Besides, much of them is the same thing, jsust different wrappings."

"Though I do suppose mixed martial arts has a wider selection of allowed techniques. I think many Judo clubs have cut off some old techniques that would be useful to know, even if not allowed in competitions. Sports are not be-all, end-all of martial arts, after all. As a sport, though, I'm not sure I like MMA. It's a bit more barbaric for my tastes. Judo is more refined."

---

[Soul Society]
    Near the Temple of the Ho-ou

On the way back to the office, Zheng Li Lin summons up two Hell Butterflies to serve as messengers. Their orders are simple: "Word to Headquarters officer Suzaku Fuyu, and retired Internal Security officer Isamaru Myojin: special meeting with Captain Zheng Li Lin at Seireitei Main Hospital at sunset. Subject matter: critical organizational changes. Arrive with haste. Inform no-one of your arrival."

Li watches the butterflies flutter into the evening air, keeping on limping towards the ancient monastery.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2013-03-14 at 01:18 AM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Hueco Mundo
    (The Arena)

This time when Baatar hits Karasu, the crow arrancar explodes in a flock of skeletal birds which scatter. Even the scythe dissolves, leaving Baatar with nothing to support him very high above the Arena.

Soul Society

Shunpo as well, so early in what was supposedly a sparring match. But then Sawada starts talking nonsense, as if he didn't know about the hollow attack that massacred the 79th district and killed hundreds of Shinigami from all Divisions, including two Captains. Kiba breaks away from the combat with a quick dash backward, not yet bringing out his Shunpo. "Don't act dense. If you have something to say, speak plainly. If you're just here to act stupid and waste both our time, then we're done here."

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Soul Society

"Such a simple thing, how boring. I believe I, and the fellow Captains, were implicating you in the loss of your men. Do you understand?" Sawada asks plainly, keeping an eye on the other man with the faintest hint of a smirk. "I also came to put your men to more practical use, we'll be having a festival in the Nobles section of the West Districts. I figured you'd like to join in. But back to the slaughter of your men. What do you know?"

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Soul Society

"Tch, typical. Blame the ones who took the brunt of the attack. If it weren't for my division on the front line of the attack, there probably wouldn't be a Soul Society left," Kiba snarles, "If it's information you want though, then if you somehow don't know it already, this was unlike any hollow attack I've ever seen since I first came to Soul Society. They were organized, they were many, and they were strong. There were hollows capable of taking on Captains and holding their own, even winning. There was no possible way to plan a defense for such an attack. If that kind of force attacked today, no matter how we prepared, we would be wiped out." Sawada mentions the festival. "A festival? Are you insane, or just abusing your newfound position while you're alive to have it? We're at war and need to prepare some kind of strategy for defending ourselves, which I'm sure you're probably going to leave me to do without any support as usual."

9. - Top - End - #189

Mortal Realm

The School

In the air near the building, Arianna stands, her eyes watching the grounds below as her mind raced with various thoughts. Sawada may have thought little about mortal children taking on a Hollow on their own, but the notion didn't sit well with her.

As such, she decided to keep an eye on the kids for a little while.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mortal World
    (Classroom)

"That's it? We just treat these things like an occasional nuisance and go on as if nothing's out of the ordinary?" The answer clearly doesn't satisfy Kenzan, perhaps because it implies going back to a normal life when something finally interesting is happening.
    Tamaki looks over to Kenzan keeping the same cool look he always has on his face as he says, "If we make too much of a big deal out of it we could possibly cause people to panic or think we're crazy. As it is right now these things don't show up often enough to be a real problem. However if we get tossed in the loony bin it's going to become a problem when we can't stop the few that do show up. I'm not saying we dismiss it entirely but unless we can find out if other people can see these things as well it's just us. So we have to play this smart and discreetly."

Soul Society
    (combat training grounds)

After the meeting Naijeru had followed Kiba out and had to hold back a scowl at seeing Sawada there. The man could be unbelievably smug and there was the fact that he always seemed to be disdainful of their division. He could be wrong but then again Naijeru had always hated those kind of guys that looked down on you while the rest of the world viewed them as "practical". Then came his request to 'speak their language'. Naijeru was the division strongman, but even he knew that unless you wanted to end up in the Hospital Division. Kiba, and holding back typically did not go together. So here he was closely watching the 'sparring match' as the combatants exchanged words and slowly started to escalate.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Soul Society

"Tch, typical. Blame the ones who took the brunt of the attack. If it weren't for my division on the front line of the attack, there probably wouldn't be a Soul Society left," Kiba snarles, "If it's information you want though, then if you somehow don't know it already, this was unlike any hollow attack I've ever seen since I first came to Soul Society. They were organized, they were many, and they were strong. There were hollows capable of taking on Captains and holding their own, even winning. There was no possible way to plan a defense for such an attack. If that kind of force attacked today, no matter how we prepared, we would be wiped out." Sawada mentions the festival. "A festival? Are you insane, or just abusing your newfound position while you're alive to have it? We're at war and need to prepare some kind of strategy for defending ourselves, which I'm sure you're probably going to leave me to do without any support as usual."
    "You saw these hollows with your own eyes did you?" Sawada asks cooly, keeping a fair distance from the other man. "Killed a few maybe? Or is this hear say. I know what we've been told. That doesn't mean it's the truth. I'd find it hard to believe even if you told me you saw it. Your eyes could by lying to you. Your sense of smell, as impeccable as it is, as well. Whose to say The Pack didn't go on a rampage at the edge of town...led by their Kenpachi and only after the Grand Sorcerer was dead along did the idea come to their mind to say it was a Hollow Attack. Hypothetically that is, I'm not here to judge the veracity of the claims. Merely to...start connecting threads that have fallen out of place."

He shakes his head, tsking at the term insane before turning his back to his "foe". "It seems that it is not just Captains who have no understanding of the people we are meant to protect. There are millions of people living in the Rukon, terrified for their lives that another one of these "Hollow" attacks may occur in their district at any moment. Scared people do stupid things, Kiba. Like animals cornered. The Festival isn't for us. It's for them. They need their mind taken off the horrors of war and toil. Soul Society has long ignored it's duty to uplift the Rukon beyond our own little sphere. If we can't even do that then we deserve to lose to the monsters that gnaw at the foundations of our lives. We're not better than them, after all. You think on that before you worry about creating a stratagem. It's not the sword's job to worry where it's going to swing. Just that it must swing. My men are hard at work formulating a plan, when we've got one you'll get it. We'll write it in big words so you don't get confused. You've a member of your Division by the name of Nicole, Suou Nicole yes? The S.S.I has business with her, I hope you send her swiftly.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2013-03-14 at 03:23 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    "You saw these hollows with your own eyes did you?" Sawada asks cooly, keeping a fair distance from the other man. "Killed a few maybe? Or is this hear say. I know what we've been told. That doesn't mean it's the truth. I'd find it hard to believe even if you told me you saw it. Your eyes could by lying to you. Your sense of smell, as impeccable as it is, as well. Whose to say The Pack didn't go on a rampage at the edge of town...led by their Kenpachi and only after the Grand Sorcerer was dead along did the idea come to their mind to say it was a Hollow Attack. Hypothetically that is, I'm not here to judge the veracity of the claims. Merely to...start connecting threads that have fallen out of place."
    Soul Society

One bad word about the Kenpachi and Kiba launches his Shunpo, rocketing forth like a bullet. His Shunpo was loud, but damn if it wasn't fast and powerful. In sheer speed and force Kiba was among the fastest combatants in Soul Society. His fist rockets towards Sawada from zero to faster than the untrained Shinigami eye can see instantly, and yes, Kiba aims for the face. Whether or not he hits, either directly, or even just grazed from the sheer force, is irrelevant. Either way, it serves as a warning. Before he was irritated. Now he was mad. "You do NOT have the right to talk bad about the Kenpachi! If it weren't for him, you and the rest of Soul Society would be dead. Say what you want about me. About my officers. About my troops. About my Division. We don't care about the opinions of weak men in lab coats. But you DO NOT get to insult the Kenpachi."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Soul Society

Luckily Sawada was no untrained eye, his reaction time practically legendary in the same way as Kiba's sense of smell. "Enkōsen" he drones, the circular yellow shield swirling to life from his hand. "Losing out temper are we? I hope to see Suou-chan in my office soon. Once you cool down that is. Us weaklings always were better at talking, right?"

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Soul Society
    (Combat Division Training Grounds)

Sawada's shield would likely hold. He was Captain of the SSI for a reason. But he should at least feel a significant impact from the sheer force of the blow. Certainly the wall behind Sawada did, as it crumbles into rubble from the force, leaving only a chunk shaped like Sawada'a shield directly behind him. It seems almost cartoonish.

Whatever. Kiba's point is made. Whatever the feelings of the rest of Soul Society had of "the Pack," (Kiba never figured out who assigned that moniker. He assumed it was one of his detractors, but the officers and troops seemed to like it, so he didn't care about it) the name of Kenpachi would not be besmirched. Kiba would see to that.

Kiba turns to leave Sawada to Shunpo away, though he definitely doesn't let his guard down until the smug shinigami is far off.

Soul Society
    (Just Outside the Combat Division Training Grounds)

A mousy little woman lurks a good distance away from the Combat Division Training Grounds. She clutches a stack of papers that she's supposed to hand in to the the Grand Sorcerer. She had just missed him at the Festival Grounds only to catch up to him here, and unless she was directly ordered to, no way was she going near the Pack's turf. That wolf-man they have as an acting Captain scares her something fierce. So here she waits for the Grand Sorcerer. She hopes he doesn't just Shunpo all the way back to the main office, not after she walked all this way (her own Shunpo needed a lot of work).

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Soul Society] Training Grounds
    After Kiba leaves, Dosan wanders off to attempt to find the rest of his squad, so they can train together. Failing, he heads toward the nearest training arena, just in time to see Kiba shunpo off.

IS Headquarters, Offices
    Myojin sits behind a desk as one of his subordinates reads off a stack of files to him. A butterfly flies in and lands on his shoulder, unnoticed by the subordinate engrossed in making sure he speaks clearly. As she finishes a sentence, Myojin interrupts her.

That will be all for today, miss Azami.

Azami lifts her head, frowning.

But we-

Why don't you take the rest of the day off.

-don't have that much left. We can get it done tomorrow. Thank you, sir!

As the reader runs out of the offices, Myojin calmly stands, adjusts the sling on his left arm, picks up is sword from a nearby table, and begins making his way to the hospital.

[Mortal World] Higure's Classroom
    Higure nods, thinking.

Tamaki's right. We can't just tell everyone that we can see ghosts, or something like that. No one will believe us. Well, I certainly can't at least. I'd lose my job for sure.

[Hueco Mundo] The Arena
    Azmus raises an eyebrow at the Crow-arrancar's tactic, seeing Baatar falling, then turns to Valentina.

Looks like we have a winner.

The Wilderness

A few hundred yards in front of Mikael stands a hollow that looks vaguely like a tall human with elephant ears. Seeing him coming, the hollow turns and attempts to flee, only to be hit in the face by his own ear and tumble down the sand dune he was standing on.
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2013-03-15 at 04:05 PM.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    Wilderness

You. Stop, and I might not kill you, Mikael utters. The words are... pompous, but they feel like they fit the situation. Maybe these creatures will be willing to obey him out fear if nothing else now that he has slain their apparent leader.

Despite the fact that the Elephant Man is nearly twice as tall as Mikael, it doesn't appear very frightening after the duel to the death with the White Devil. In fact, it looks fairly comical, tripping over its own overly-large ears. For a brief while, Mikael ponders how he must look to it, covered in an uniform shell of white sand. Who is a worse monster.

Mikael bends down and hoists the fallen creature's head up by its ears. Tell me where I am. Tell me who I just fought.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo] The Wilderness
    The hollow squirms in Mikael's grip, then stops and looks up at him, confused.

Wh-what? You mean the Espada didn't send you? You're in Hueco Mundo of course. And you just killed General Ramirez.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ettin in the Playground

Mikael stares blankly into the Elephant man's eyes. His eyes have finally returned to their usual greenish-blue color. The mortal takes a deep, wheezing breath to calm his foaming thoughts. One thing at a time, he says and pulls the creature's face closer. What do you refer to by Espada? You do not mean simply a sword?

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Soul Society
    (Combat Division Training Grounds)

Sawada's shield would likely hold. He was Captain of the SSI for a reason. But he should at least feel a significant impact from the sheer force of the blow. Certainly the wall behind Sawada did, as it crumbles into rubble from the force, leaving only a chunk shaped like Sawada'a shield directly behind him. It seems almost cartoonish.

Whatever. Kiba's point is made. Whatever the feelings of the rest of Soul Society had of "the Pack," (Kiba never figured out who assigned that moniker. He assumed it was one of his detractors, but the officers and troops seemed to like it, so he didn't care about it) the name of Kenpachi would not be besmirched. Kiba would see to that.

Kiba turns to leave Sawada to Shunpo away, though he definitely doesn't let his guard down until the smug shinigami is far off.

Soul Society
    (Just Outside the Combat Division Training Grounds)

A mousy little woman lurks a good distance away from the Combat Division Training Grounds. She clutches a stack of papers that she's supposed to hand in to the the Grand Sorcerer. She had just missed him at the Festival Grounds only to catch up to him here, and unless she was directly ordered to, no way was she going near the Pack's turf. That wolf-man they have as an acting Captain scares her something fierce. So here she waits for the Grand Sorcerer. She hopes he doesn't just Shunpo all the way back to the main office, not after she walked all this way (her own Shunpo needed a lot of work).
    Sawada only chuckles softly, shaking his head as he turns to walk out. He doesn't use Shunpo almost to prolong the other "Captains" heightened state of alertness, pausing just far enough outside the bounds of The Pack's territory to stop, glancing in the general direction of the reiatsu that had been following him this entire time. "Yes?" he asks, even putting on a smile.
    Last edited by Tebryn; 2013-03-15 at 09:48 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200

[Hueco Mundo]
    The Arena

Baatar falls...and falls and falls and falls and...hits the ground. He lies there, dazed, trying to think what he could have done better. (And, thus, I no longer control him.)

Valentina claps her hands for the victor. Darn it, this probably means she just lost the bet, unless...no, there's no unless. She lost. At least it was a good break from this monotonous endless desert.

"Not yet," she replies to Azmus. "You still need to fight the winner. You said so yourself."

[Mortal Ream]
    Suburbs

"Brazilian," she says. Then, by way of explanation, she says, "It was my cousin who taught me," as if that explains everything.

Then, Miya remembers that she has some perishables in the bags she has. She quickly says, "I like MMA better because then my opponents can throw in a surprising move once in a while." Saying that, the girl turns back in the direction of her house and begins walking, wondering if Stalker-San is going to follow her or not.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #201

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mikael stares blankly into the Elephant man's eyes. His eyes have finally returned to their usual greenish-blue color. The mortal takes a deep, wheezing breath to calm his foaming thoughts. One thing at a time, he says and pulls the creature's face closer. What do you refer to by Espada? You do not mean simply a sword?
    Hueco Mundo
    The Wilderness

"He refers to the strongest. The six swords who serve the Visionary."

At the top of the dune, a tall figure stands silhouetted against the moon, which shines dimly through the thickening layer of clouds that now cover the sky. His shadowed face is slightly inclined to look at the hollow and the human on the ground before him. The only other feature that can be made out is a perfectly round hole driving straight through his collarbone, the moon visible through it. There is a soft, distinctive noise, and the silhouetted figure vanishes as if he had never been there, reappearing without warning on the ground beside Mikael and the elephantine Hollow. Closer, he is more distinct; his skin is pale, and his lean face regal, one that would not be out of place on a monarch. He wears clothing seemingly made of leather, without adornment. Around his neck, a collar of bone rests that seems to be carved to resemble gills. If Mikael is perceptive, it might occur to him that the man before him is the same order of being as the "General Ramirez" he just killed. The stranger glances at the hollow without interest, then turns his gaze to Mikael, nothing beyond dispassionate analysis visible on his face.

"The shell you wear does not fit a human. But you have transcended that state. And yet you live. Who are you?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Monastery of the Ho-ou

"Good evening. I did not expect you to get here this fast"
    , Li remarks as Myojin arrives at the monastery yard. The elder Captain has apparently been watering flowers in wait of the visitors. "Suzaku-san has yet to arrive. Would you like to have tea in the interim? How is your arm doing?"

---

[Mortal Realm]

Suburbs

The strange woman keeps walking next to Miya. "Your cousin? Do you know where she learned it?" Yui lets the comment about "surprising moves" slide.

---

[Hueco Mundo]
    Wilderness

Mikael freezes in anticipation. Another creature like the White Devil? When did it get here? And how it can move so fast? The mortal turns his head in the direction of the creature's move, but it is already beside him before he can follow its path.

From within his shell, Mikael stares at the regal man standing before him. His eyes are fixed on the hole going through the man. And of these "six strongest", was the man I killed one?

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Mortal World
    (The School)

"That's not what I meant..." Kenzan retorts as he grows more frustrated. "It's one thing not to just to blabbing to everyone that 'evil hollow ghosts' or whatever exist. I get that. They can't see or sense them anyway so it'd be pointless. But why can I... why can we sense these things? Why can we fight these things? Where are these things coming from? Will there be more? Is there a way to track them? Can we find the source of these things? I'm sorry, but I'm not content to just go back to boring 'business as usual' until the next monster shows up."

Soul Society
    (Inside Combat Division Grounds)

Once he's absolutely certain that the arrogant dandy from the SSI is gone, Kiba will go to look for the new recruit. Nicole was it? He has a message to personally deliver to her. Then he'll see if there's any more business to deal with with his officers. Or his officers can catch him along the way. Either works.

(Outside Combat Division Grounds)

The mousy little SSI officer quickly stands upright from the nearby shrub, her thick black spectacles nearly falling off in the process. "Y-yes, Grand Sorcerer! I have the initial estimates for the festival costs here, and a budget report and a workforce plan that needs your approval." She quickly shuffles the papers in her arms back into order.

24. - Top - End - #204

Spoiler
    Show
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Wilderness

Mikael freezes in anticipation. Another creature like the White Devil? When did it get here? And how it can move so fast? The mortal turns his head in the direction of the creature's move, but it is already beside him before he can follow its path.

From within his shell, Mikael stares at the regal man standing before him. His eyes are fixed on the hole going through the man. And of these "six strongest", was the man I killed one?
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Wilderness

Jehoel does not acknowledge Mikael's surprised reaction to his appearance.

"He was vermin. A fool who thought himself tall for standing above ants. I would have ended him myself had you not slain him first."

There is a brief pause.

"I ask again. Who are you?"

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Soul Society
    Temple of the Ho-ou

Fuyu hurries as swift as one could expect any of his age, slipping by the shinigami working over patients or any other tasks. He knocks on Captain Li's door, bowing before stepping inside. "You called for me?" he asks softly, not wishing to display his presence any further.

Soul Society
    (Outside Combat Division Grounds)

Sawada perks a brow, shrugging a little as he looks about. "Approve them then. Hire the work force from the Rukon, start from the outermost Districts and work your way forward. Pay them double if we have to, we'll dip into House Yasunobu's coffers if we must. Heavy lifting and the like, don't hire them for jobs we may want skilled craftsmen doing. You know...like toilets and things." he smirks with a shrug as he starts to walk back to the Western edge of the city. "Oh...and Junior Researcher Yumiko?" he asks gently, glancing back at the young lady if she actually follows. "Next time, don't hide in the bushes."

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    Wilderness

The man's words are hardly comforting. Based on his attitude, he clearly saw the White Devil as no-one of note, possibly meaning he is much more powerful. The very thought makes a cold shiver run down Mikael's spine. But, at least, this new arrival isn't trying to kill him right away.

Letting go of the elephantine man, Mikael straightens up and offers his hand to the strange man. "I don't think there's a satisfactory answer to that one, but for what it's worth, my name is Mikael. Mikael Rautiainen." The odd man might gather from the pronounciation that the mortal is not from an English-speaking country. In fact, it sounds somehow incomplete to his past speech. What could that change of tone mean?

"Are you one of these Espada, then?", Mikael asks in return, waiting for Jehoel to shake his hand. He's not sure of the wisdom of such gesture, but hey, courtesy can't end him up in much worse position than before.

27. - Top - End - #207

[Soul Society]
    Combat Division Women's Quarters

Assuming my sense of time not too far off, Kiba will find New Recruit Nicole lying on a bed in the Women's Quarters, in that tortuous state of mind where you want to go to sleep but your thoughts prevent you from doing so, just staring at the ceiling.

She's all cleaned up, now, so, if Kiba was looking for her solely based on physical appearance, it would take a few seconds to recognize her.

If/when he walks in, she won't turn to look at him. He'll have to say her name or something to draw her attention.

[Mortal Realm]
    Suburbs

"He learned it from his sensei. They're from South America. My uncle moved there before I was born," replies Miya.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #208

Spoiler
    Show
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Wilderness

The man's words are hardly comforting. Based on his attitude, he clearly saw the White Devil as no-one of note, possibly meaning he is much more powerful. The very thought makes a cold shiver run down Mikael's spine. But, at least, this new arrival isn't trying to kill him right away.

Letting go of the elephantine man, Mikael straightens up and offers his hand to the strange man. "I don't think there's a satisfactory answer to that one, but for what it's worth, my name is Mikael. Mikael Rautiainen." The odd man might gather from the pronounciation that the mortal is not from an English-speaking country. In fact, it sounds somehow incomplete to his past speech. What could that change of tone mean?

"Are you one of these Espada, then?", Mikael asks in return, waiting for Jehoel to shake his hand. He's not sure of the wisdom of such gesture, but hey, courtesy can't end him up in much worse position than before.
    [Hueco Mundo]
    Wilderness

Jehoel does not notice the change in Mikael's speech, or its unusual pronunciation. Such trivialities are beneath him, and he pays little attention to such details. At least the man was showing a little respect, not demanding answers or immediately trying to attack him. The latter would have been amusing, but uninteresting. And for the first time since he met the lord of Las Noches, Jehoel is genuinely curious.

"Indeed. I am Jehoel of the Deva Realm, first and greatest of the Espada."

Jehoel eyes the hand extended to him with a little trepidation; it is not a gesture he is familiar with. Wracking his memory, he recalls seeing a similar exchange between two Arrancar, and now knows the proper response. None of this momentary confusion shows on his face; there is only a brief pause as Jehoel looks at Mikael's hand almost contemptuously before shaking it. The gesture is polite, but from Jehoel feels almost patronizing. As if done to a child.

"Tell me, Mikael, do you know where you are?"

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Soul Society] Training Grounds
    Dosan turns to Naijeru, shrugging.

Care to spar? Kiba's orders to practice.

Main Hospital
    Myojin smiles at the captain, and bows a little with his good arm.

I would, but it would appear he has arrived.

Myojin says as Fuyu walks up. He turns to nod politely at his fellow VC.

[Mortal World] Higure's Classroom
    Higure looks to Kenzan, shaking his head.

I don't know. It seems like we don't know enough about these things to really answer any of those questions. I'm mean, I'm certainly up for trying to find the answers ourselves, but how do you go about researching this?

[Hueco Mundo] The Arena
    Azmus frowns slightly, and nods.

I suppose that's true.

As Baatar limps off the field and away from the arena, Azmus calls up to the Crow arrancar.

All right, it's my turn now. I'll try not to kill you.

Azmus draws his zanpakuto almost instantly, twirling it in his fingers, waiting for Karasu's first attack.

The Wilderness
    The hollow Mikael is still holding attempts to scramble into as much of a bow as it can manage, it's face in the sand, and stays there as long as Jehoel is near him.

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Monastery of the Ho-ou

Li glances at Fuyu. "Ah, you're both present then. Let us proceed. Close the door please."

Now retreated in the relative safety of reception room 36, the elder captain explains the matter: "There are three things I'd like to discuss with you. In order of importance: The first thing is leadership. After discussing with our Vice-Captains and reviewing reports of recent Captains' meetings, I feel we might have made a mistake in appointing Sparrow-san in the position of Commander-General. She seems to have mixed feelings about her position herself."

"Second, I think we are in need of severe organization restructuring. At the face of this recent resurgence of Hollows, it is apparent our peace-time organization is woefully small to keep them at bay. Fortunately, we are overflowing with new recruits from all over Rukon. If this rate continues, we will soon be back at our strenght of 3000 to 4000 acting Shinigami that we had roughly one century ago. But our current divisional bureaucracy is optimized for much smaller army. To accommodate all willing warriors, we might have to refound several of the old divisions that were cut in the paring down of our organization 50 years ago."

"Third, I may have discovered some distressing knowledge pertaining to the massacre in District 79, colloquially referred to as the "Scarlet Garden". But before dealing with that matter, I'd like to hear your opinions on the first two."

---

[Mortal realm]
    Suburbs

"He? Oh, of course. I apologize for assuming", Yui replies with a smile. "South America? It must be interesting to have relatives in such a far-away place. But it explains your unorthodox choice of martial arts." Yui glances over her shoulder at the distance, then at the sky before returning her eyes forward. "... you know, it's a rather interesting weather today. Have you noticed anything peculiar about the atmosphere lately?"

---

[Hueco Mundo]

Wilderness

Mikael notes that the stranger's hand is abnormally hard and cold, or maybe the hard shell around his hands is interfering with his sense of touch. After a good, firm handshake, he lets his arms drop on his sides and shrugs. "I haven't go the faintest of ideas", he replies to the man, looking into his eyes all the while. Mikael nods at the elephantine monster cowering next to them. "I only just had a chance to try and find out. Earlier today, I was just catching some fresh air in the middle of Lapland. I hope that says something to you. Then I was attacked from behind, and next thing I know, I was here...", the mortal looks around and spreads his arms, "... where ever "here" happens to be."