New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

Rekker's chain rips into the knight, causing grievous wounds... But the man does not fear his opponent's threats!

Marthras' mace rings off the man's shield, but he's still hard pressed.

The knight raises his sword... And something in Bridget's statement makes him hesitate.

"I... Er... What?"

Dazed, he takes no action.

His wounds are dire, and for the second he cannot heal! Can our villains seal the deal...?
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Rekker, uncertain if they will have another chance, raises his chain high and lashes out with fury. It is a gambit, for he will be quite vulnerable should it fail ...

Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, here we go ...
    Free action - Controlled rage (+4 Str)
    Attack (flank (+2), guidance (+1), BAB (+2) Str (+6): (1d20+11)[31]
    Damage: (2d4+9)[12]

So adding the results from here, that should be 26 damage.

Last edited by Starbin; 2013-03-07 at 11:19 AM.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

3. - Top - End - #753

And Rekker, with the fury that has filled him for damn near all his life, brings the chain DOWN across the paladin's face.

SKRUNCH!

Wow.

No, he's not getting up again. Not... Ah, no. That's brains down there, that is.

4. - Top - End - #754

Jodiah winces slightly at the crunch but grins broadly at the sight of stuck up templar falling down. A woman of her word she quickly pulls on Rekker's chainshirt and leaps upon him, planting a loud wet kiss on his lips. "So big boy how was that for you? Want more because once you've had gnome you'll never go home hehehehahahaha!" She gives a solid kick to the corpse of fallen knight and walks over to the incompacitated youth. "So with a little bit of convincing we should be able to subvert this one... maybe present a new pet to Master Thorn for his personal pleasure? What do you think?"
    Blarg...

5. - Top - End - #755
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Rekker grinned at the gnome, accepting the kiss before gently setting her back on the ground. Taking a deep breath, he took off his circulet and his symbol and handed them to the gnome. "Shove this in his brains and put this on his corpse. We take the other symbol and tell the boy he was wearing those ..."

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sirin Starshine

Sirin sinks to the ground, showing her exhaustion now that the battle is over.

"Gods above and below, he was difficult. Ooh, look, brains. I didn't know paladins had any."

"Can someone heal Rekker here? We might face further perils today and he's badly wounded."

The first thing she does is to relieve Timeon of the tiny dagger Nana Jodi gave him to use. Sirin gives it back to Jodi.

Then she searches the skull-crushed body of Sir Bellmore for valuables. While Timeon is asleep, she also searches him for anything valuable or useful.

She gingerly uses her dagger as a tool to remove the sapphire-studded holy symbol from Sir Bellmore's chest and tip it into her pouch. She avoids touching the thing with her bare skin.

Perception
    Spoiler
    Show
    Take 10 on Perception to search the body of Ser Bellmore and the living Timeon.

7. - Top - End - #757

Walking back over to the hulking brute of a man Jodiah strokes his leg "Don't worry about him, I will take good care of him... As for you suggestion sure let us do this and wake up dear Timeon planting evidence and messing with the mind of the youth are infinitely amusing."
    Blarg...

8. - Top - End - #758
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

"The kid won't be happy. How much healing do we have available? I think Timmy could use some more proof that his master turned on him." she gestures to the fallen holy sword and then to Timeon's leg.

She steps into the room beyond and inspects the cell.

9. - Top - End - #759

Jodiah smiles at Brigit's suggestion "My thoughts exactly, oh Rekkikins, would you do the honours? don't cut off the leg just give him a flesh wound perhaps stab the child in the leg and plant the sword into the dead knight's hands? When he wakes up we can paint a lovely story about us being heroes and treat his wound."
    Blarg...

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Rekker shifted the paladin's body so that it faced Timeon more, then stood between the two. Glancing back and forth for a moment, he dropped to his knees, then reached over to take the sword from the paladin's lifeless fingers.

Reversing the blade, he stabbed behind him, cutting a gash along Timmy's leg, before he tossed the blade back towards the paladin's hands. He made a loud and obnoxious roar, before slumping forward, his spiked chain held limply in his hand.

Now it was up to the others ...

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sirin Starshine

As she continues to search Sir Bellmore's corpse, Sirin comments, "I don't know if something like that would work... I know I never tried anything so elaborate."

On the other hand, she muses, a human boy must surely be extra-vulnerable to Bridget's beauty and wiles. And this one was not really very smart.

"We should pump this one for all the information we can get out of our pursuers, their names and titles, appearances and behaviors."

"I just hope we can prevent him from committing suicide in despair... Gotta keep him away from sharp objects. And we should probably take away his belt and any shoelaces. I think you can hang yourself with a shoelace."

Edit: Then Sirin frowns. "Was anyone else kind of peeved at the descriptions he gave of us?"

"I mean, he said they were hunting a half-elven grifter. A GRIFTER. As if I would stoop so low as to confidence games for money. It's insulting is what it is."

"At least Bridget got to be a beautiful sorceress with a heart of venom. Doesn't that sound romantic? And Rekker got to be a crime boss, and Jodi got to be a cult leader, and Marthras got to be a fallen inquisitor."

"But me, I got to be a grifter."

Sirin looks and sounds quite put out.
    Last edited by Frivolous; 2013-03-07 at 08:30 PM.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Orc in the Playground

Marthras steps up to Rekker and touches him May the fires of hell burn out your wounds." You have the feeling to faintly smell burned flesh, but some of Rekkers wounds close.

Spoiler
    Show

Cure Light Wounds (1d8+2)[4]
    My last spell btw.

13. - Top - End - #763

MindFlayer

Bridget laughs as she walks over to inspect Rekker's handiwork, "You could be thankful; they won't expect much out of you if you're only a grifter in their eyes. Perhaps I should practice a warty hag's face for the future. And weren't we using code names?"

Stooping in front of the boy, her face takes on an expression of concern and sorrow. "Ready everyone?" she asks, as if struggling to hold back tears.

Once they have concluded their preparations, she rouses the lad by clumsily attempting to bind his wound.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Rekker shrugged at all the discussion. "I don't know who the hell this crime boss is, but it ain't me. Somebody you knew in the Scar mebbe?

Yeah, I'm ready."

15. - Top - End - #765

"OW! What the-"

Timmy sits up, grabbing his leg and almost ramming his head into Bridget's.

"I... There was fighting, and then..."

And then he sees the remains of Sir Bellmore.

SIRIN
    Spoiler
    Show
    Who, by the way, found nothing of use on Timeon save for a dagger. Sir Bellmore had a masterworked breastplate, the holy symbol, a back-up wooden holy symbol under his armor, a masterworked longsword, a masterworked shield, and a book of prayers to Mitra.

Oh my gods his FACE.

The more malevolently minded of you are probably having to fight from sniggering. Seriously, it's like a kid on Yule who just saw the Hogfather get disembowled in a random sled accident.

He opens his mouth and his eyes bug out in shock.

"......................"
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2013-03-08 at 10:14 AM.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sirin Starshine

Sirin sits back from examining Sir Bellmore's corpse and puts on an appropriately mournful expression, clasping her unbloodied hands together on her lap.

She does not speak; instead she waits to see how the others plan to run this.

17. - Top - End - #767

MindFlayer

"Timeon, I am so glad you're alright. By Mitra, this is horrible. The impostor attacked us. How he knew so much about Sir Bellmore, I do not know, but it worries me that the Asmodeans have disguises too. Perhaps that means that your master still lives, they may still be interrogating him for information."

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff: (1d20+10)[15]
    I'll let Jodiah support with the 'discovery' of the holy symbol and circlet.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sirin Starshine

Sirin pretends to wipe away a tear and nods sadly in support of Bridget's lies.

In a mournful voice, she says, "It's true."

Aid Another
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff: (1d20+7)[27]

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Marthras the Inexorable

Marthras says in a very solemn voice, with deep conviction.

"She speaks the truth."

Aid Another
    Spoiler
    Show
    Puppeteering Marthras as requested:

Bluff: (1d20+9)[17]

20. - Top - End - #770

Jodiah casually wanders over to the corpse a pretends to inspect it, after a few brief moments she exlaims "AHA! Sneaky bugger!" She carefully removes the circlet and the asmodean holy symbol and tosses it at the yound lad's feet. "Like I thought a disguise, here is your proof boy that this was a ruse. This circlet is similar to the ones we have, though it radiates with a more insidious magic and what he was hiding... a holy symbol of Asmodeus, not the one we wanted after all. I am sorry Timeon but this man was not your master... whoever he was well I suppose we will find out later but as for now the rest of us have to continue on with out mission. Are you brave enough to stand with us in the serpents lair? You may find out more about the whereabouts of your master but nonetheless you will be serving the light."

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff/diplomacy bluff is aid another diplomacy is a whole new check, not rolling bluff since I autosucced the check +12 mod but I will roll diplomacy
    (1d20+11)[14]
    Blarg...

21. - Top - End - #771

"He... He wasn't Sir Bellmore?" Timothy's face blossoms with hope, and he leaps to his feet, before grabbing his leg. "Ouch! Well, tis but a flesh wound! Come on, let's go find my Master!"

22. - Top - End - #772

Jodiah somehow finds the will to not place her palm against her forehead Gods why is this one so stupid... I hope that after he gets properly broekn he will amount to something useful... Settling down Jodiah looks at the eager boy and smiles "Now, now do be careful, no sense injuring yourself further Timeon. Our main priority is getting out of here first then completing our mission. If we happen to find your master while we accomplish the other tasks, great, if not then it will have to wait. We have far more pressing concerns at hand and from the sounds of it your Master was a competant knight and would more than likely be able to handle himself just fine in a similar situation."

Turning to the others "Shall we leave this place, I believe that this was the final chamber was it not?"
    Blarg...

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Rising to his feet, Rekker grunted a few times, then walked over to Jodiah. "I'll carry those. I don't want you to sully your hands more than required." Rekker would then put the circlet and symbol in his pack. He would also gather the sword and shield from the body of the 'imposter' since they were too well made to leave behind.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Orc in the Playground

"Let's go back, shall we? It seems we have seen everything down here and Sir Bellmore seems not to be here."

25. - Top - End - #775

You retrace your steps easily, with Timeon gaping in wonder at the rooms he hasn't seen thus far.

And climbing up the stairs, you find yourself in the mansion proper. The wine cellar is much the way you left it.

26. - Top - End - #776

Jodiah stops and grabs Timeon, looking up into his eyes with a stern gaze "Now Timeon, remember we are undercover here so no nonsense alright? Kepp your mouth shut and for the love of Mitra don't spout any thick headed remarks like 'Oh Evil Doers I shall smite you in the name of the light' this will not only get us killed but will also get many more killed. There are more cells like this and our job is to root them out, understand? Good now stay in the back and keep quiet we will handle the discussion unless you are directly spoken to."

Breaking eye contact she looks at the rest of her companions and nods "Let us finished this appointed task and gain confidence of these cultists... shall we?"
    Blarg...

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sirin Starshine

Sirin gasps in surprise at "Lisbeth" daring to bring little Timmy to see the Cardinal.

Shaken, she nods in agreement, but she still looks worried.

Unfortunately for Timmy, it's not -him- she's worried for. Just herself and her dear companions.

28. - Top - End - #778

You make your way through the mansion. Timeon, limping, gapes in wonder as you go.

He shrinks behind you when you pass by servants, all of whom stop what they're doing and kneel to you as you go by.

And before long, you've returned to the study. The door is open, and Cardinal Thorne is busy scribing away on a parchment, quill dancing between his fingers. Tiadora stands next to the desk, still, arms folded. She watches you approach with a scornful gaze.

"And so the prodigals return."

He looks up, and quizzically raises an eyebrow at Timeon. "A new pet?" He asks.

Timeon gulps, eyes wide.

29. - Top - End - #779

Jodiah offers a dazzling smile to the scowling woman "Not a pet per se, just something we found down below... Yes we have returned and with the required trinket, anything else you wish to be done while we are here?"
    Blarg...

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sirin Starshine

As Jodi speaks, Sirin steps forward and gingerly pulls out the sapphire and silver pendant. She curtseys and offers it to the Cardinal.

Due to the poison in her system, her curtsey is not as graceful as it could have been.