New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Way of the Wicked (Pathfinder IC)

Jodiah offers a sympathetic smiles and pats the man's leg and says in an ultra sweet and unsettling tone "Well then deary I hope for the sake of you and your friend that we have more time than that or else we will have to resort to taking hostages. That always ends in messy drawn out confrontations and will simply add more stress to everyone!" I am so going to slit this one's throat after we get the map... bugger thinks he can stall us, he may not prove useful to my god but I shall take pleasure in snuffing out such a pathetic flame.
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2012-11-21 at 09:51 AM.
    Blarg...

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sirin Starshine

Sirin gasps at Marthras' pronouncement. For a brief time, the look she directs at the old cook Kelvan is full of fear and hatred.

Sense Motive
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20+2)[22]

Then she seems to realize she is showing her true self, and becomes expressionless.

"We must hurry. Variel, everyone, grab weapons, armor, anything you can use."

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Demiurge View Post
    As she closes the opposite door, Sirin and Marthras get a glimpse of a mess hall beyond. There's four guards in there, slumped over their meals. The only other exit from that room looks to be a door to the west, quite shut at the minute.

Beyond the snoozing guards, sits a rack of pots, with cheap flimsy bowls by them. Looks like they were going to carry the prisoner's food upstairs after they finished dinner.
    Sirin goes to the door whose jamb the guard had been leaning against before he fell to Bridget's spell, and listens carefully for sounds that anyone awake is on the other side.

Perception: Listen #1
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+11)[18]

If she hears no one, she opens the door. If there is still no one there but the same snoring guards, she passes by the sleeping men and listens again at the unopened door to the west.

Perception: Listen #2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+11)[24]

If again she hears no sound of anyone there, Sirin begins to rapidly search the sleeping guards for any coin or valuables, any equipment she or the other escapees can use. Since they are under time pressure, the half-elven rogue emphasizes speed over thoroughness.

She also searches the room and the storeroom.

Perception: Search
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+11)[22]

If additional Perception rolls are needed for all those searches, here are some more:

Perception: (1d20+11)[17]

Perception: (1d20+11)[19]

3. - Top - End - #213

Nana Jodiah hears Sirin fretting and turns around to see her acting in a tisy, she looks at Sjurd and says sweetly "Would you be a dear and make sure that this man finishes what he started I am going to check on that dear elven lady I do believe she is upset!" Nana Jodiah skips along happily, armed with her shield and kitchen knife. She will follow behind Sirin quietly and slit the throats of any sleeping guards she encounters.

Spoiler
    Show
    So stealth and perception checks... let me know if you need more LD, Jodiah is just going to off any guards she encouters since the less we need to deal with the better right?
    Stealth (1d20+3)[22]
    perception (1d20+5)[16]
    Blarg...

4. - Top - End - #214

Kelvan finishes the map, and hands it over. My, his hands are shaking.

THE MAP
    Spoiler
    Show
    It shows the ground floor of this keep in detail. There's a kennel, Sgt. Blackerly's office, a barracks, and an armory west of the main hall. The route to the armory is through the barracks, the rest of the western rooms have their own doors off the main hall. East of the main hall are the storeroom, kitchens, and mess hall, all of which you've seen. South of the main hall are the stairs to the cell level. The only exit out of the keep is through the main hall, which ends in a northern door.

Outside, to the south, is a tower, labelled "Captain's offices."

To the north is a building labelled Gatehouse. Beyond that is a crudely drawn bridge. None of it's really to scale, since Kelvan has no particular artistic talent when it comes to drawing, and no particular knowledge when it comes to architecture.

Sirin hears no sounds in the mess hall. The door opens to reveal the unconscious guards, unmoved from their position.

When she listens at the door leading west from the mess hall, she hears a muffled conversation. Sounds like 2 men or so talking about where they're gonna spend their money come payday.

The sleeping guards have the same gear that the other guards did. There's no coin in their pockets whatsoever...

The mess hall's fairly devoid of useful things. The kitchen, on the other hand, has a large green cloak hanging from a peg, several knives (count as daggers), a meat cleaver (More or less a handaxe), and all manner of cooking supplies and food. The storeroom contains quite a lot of mundane supplies. Lanterns, lamp oil, torches, guard uniforms, signal horns, rope, and two crates labelled "emergency rations". It's also got a rack of branding irons, each ending in a distinct runic "F" symbol. The mark of Brandescar...

Meanwhile, back in the mess hall, Nana Jodi kills the unconscious guards.

Now what?
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2012-11-23 at 07:56 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Kpenguin. ALL HAIL DOCTOR DIRE!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sirin Starshine

After finishing her search, Sirin returns to the kitchen where the other party members interrogate Kelvan the cook.

"I hear two voices in there. Talking about what they want to buy on payday."

Then she begins to strip one of the bodies of the guards Nana Jodi murdered.

Assuming nothing interrupts her, Sirin first puts on a bloodstained chain shirt and the large green cloak, then appropriates a truncheon and 2 more daggers.

Lastly, she looks into the crate to see if there is food in it.

Order of actions
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Don chain shirt: Takes 1 minute, unfortunately.

2. Put on green cloak.

3. Take truncheon and 2 daggers.

I have many other actions to follow but the above will do for now. Guards might interrupt, or someone might do them first.

6. - Top - End - #216

The "emergency rations" crate does INDEED have food in it. The food is swarming with bugs and rotten.

Nothing interrupts as Sirin pulls on the cloak and armor.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sirin Starshine

Sirin draws back and makes a face upon seeing the contents of the crates.

"Eeewww. How gross."

She takes a look at the map Kelvan drew, then addresses the old cook.

"These show where the door is. What about windows? Are there any that open to the outside of Brandescar?"

After Kelvan answers, the half-elf asks the others, "Does anyone have any other questions for our dear sweet and very helpful Kelvan?"

8. - Top - End - #218
    Halfling in the Playground

Silas looks to the party members, not hearing any further questions. Standing behind the old cook, he pantomimes with his hands to avoid making noise.

Tie up? Put him here? Go?

Strangle?

9. - Top - End - #219

Kelvan shrugs. "There's arrer slits on the front of the buildin', but they're about four inches wide. All the rest of the windows were plugged up long ago. Sorry."

10. - Top - End - #220

Jodiah happy with her kitchen shiv, walks up to grumble jack, pokes his knee and whispers in his direction "I would very much like you to smack this fool over the head when we're done with him.... don't worry about holding back if you kill him it's of no consequence. The powerful and great Yog Sothoth looks kindly to those who help his disciples in their duties."
    Blarg...

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sirin Starshine

The half-elf looks around inquiringly to discern if anyone has any further questions, then she smiles soothingly at Kelvan.

"You are in luck, Master Kelvan. The means by which you may safely prove yourself no danger to us, and thus my colleagues no danger to you, is easily available."

"All you have to do is eat. Eat hearty, and fall asleep like the rest."

The half-elf tactfully avoids reminding anyone that Nana Jodi slit the throats of all the sleeping guards. At least Myra is alive.

She glances at the other escapees to see if they object.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

"Should we just storm out of the door or has anyone a better idea? Otherwise I would say we should just move fast, breaking through every resistance we encounter and leave through the northern door."
    He pauses as if he just remembered something.
    Hmm, Kelvan, I have one last question for you: Is the northern door locked or can you just open it from inside? And how to open the gate?"

13. - Top - End - #223
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

"First things first, I suggest we deal with those two guards in the hall. Same routine as before."

"Once we leave this keep we loose our advantage. There is only one entrance right? Assuming we can deal with Blackerly and the two hall guards by the time they come in for their meal, we can use the hall to ambush the guards as they come in for their meal. Keeping the fighting contained to the keep means the captain is less likely to hear."

14. - Top - End - #224

Kelvan shrugs at the question. "When I knock on the door every afternoon, they let me in. So I don't know if it's locked or not. Someone's always on duty."

He looks around at the circle of unfriendly faces, sighs, and grabs a skewer of pork. "Mitra please let us wake again..." He seats himself carefully on the floor next to Myra, eats, and after a few minutes his head lolls, slack as he passes out.

SENSE MOTIVE OR HEAL DC 10
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yep, he's unconscious.

15. - Top - End - #225

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense motive! (1d20-1)[4] though doesn't matter she is going to stab them anyways

Jodiah watches the man consume the tainted meat and waits for him to drop, after a few brief moments she creeps over towards him, checking to see if he is truly out. Unsure if he was actually unconscious or pretending, Jodiah quietly moves her kitchen knife towards his neck and makes a quick slicing motion across his neck. Satisfied with her work she moves over to the sleeping scullery maid and kneels before her head. Gently Jodiah strokes the woman's hair and whisper lovingly into her "It is a shame that you and I do not have more time together, my master would enjoy getting more acquainted with you... Though this will have to suffice." Saying a brief prayer in an unknown tongue, Joidah sacrifices the woman's soul to her dread god with a swift practiced motion across the neck. She stands wordlessly and looks at the others "I do believe we should finish the museum tour or else we might be locked in when they close! Also I am bringing some of this food along in case we get hungry!" She sliced a large chunk of fabric from the newly dead woman's clothing and selected pieces of the tainted meat which she wrapped up carefully in the cloth.
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2012-11-25 at 03:58 PM.
    Blarg...

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sirin Starshine

Sirin tries to intercept the insane gnome Nana Jodi before she cuts the throats of Kelvan and of Myra.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't know if she can, but she'll try to keep Jodi from cuttin gtheir throats.

But she won't try very hard. Sirin is not very invested in their lives.

Try or fail, Sirin murmurs, "There's no need for that."

"They are already old, and even young humans live such brief lives."

"Besides, even living, they are in enough trouble. They might even be accused of conspiring to help us escape. Mitra's law can be so very strict sometimes.
    "

Sense Motive
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: [roll0]

She asks Bridget, "How many more times can you put our enemies to sleep?"

"If only one more time, let's save it for a bigger situation. We are armed and armored now, and I think we can deal with just the two guards I heard."

"What if we just knock on the door? When they open the door, stab the opener and kill the other one while he is yet surprised."

17. - Top - End - #227

By the time Sirin moves, Nana Jodi's done with her grisly work. Kelvan and Myra are dead.

Oh well! That'll teach THEM to... Cook food, and... Be afraid of homicidal prisoners. Yeah.

Someday when you're killing angels by the choir and using the shattered husks of paladins as undead servitors you'll look back at this moment and be like, "heh".

Well. Now what?
    Last edited by Lost Demiurge; 2012-11-26 at 03:48 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228

Silas watches Nana Jodi sacrifice the lowly servants to her dark and inscrutable god. "I sure hope your god notices your efforts, Nana. We could use all the help we can get." As he moves toward the next door, he pauses. "Hold on. I have an idea."

The half-orc moves about the room and drags each corpse, one by one, to the table in the center of the room and seats them in the chairs. When all four are seated, he takes one of the extra kitchen cleavers and places it in the old woman's hand, wrapping her fingers around the handle. Dipping his finger in a pool of blood where Nana Jodi sacrificed their souls, he scrawls, "FORGIVE ME" on the table in front of her. "There," he smiles mischievously, "that should confuse the hell out of them. Let's get going."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

Marthras looks at the sensless slaughter with visible disdain.
    "I just really hope you don't plan to brutaly murder everyone we meet or else I fear this escape wont lead to lasting freedom...
    Now let's move on towards the exit. But I would advise against knocking, that would let them get up and expect something, even if it's only the call for dinner. It seems better to charge in while they are in their conversation and maybe even sitting."

He moves towards the door and prepares to go through should the rest follow and have no problem with it.

20. - Top - End - #230

Jodiah raises an eyebrow at the perturbed man "He truly brought it on himself, he prayed to that awful fellow before going unconscious. I merely ensured that there souls went to a much darker place by spurning Mitra; besides, why leave a person alive that could wake suddenly and raise the alarm?" She looks at the macabre scene before her and walks over to the orc to pat him on the leg "What a lovely picture you drew, you get a gold star! I do think our time at this exhibit is at its end shall we proceed down the hallway?"
    Blarg...

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sirin Starshine

Sirin looks appalled at the sudden brutal murder of Kelvan and Myra. Then she shrugs indifferently.

"Oh well."

She giggles at how Silas scrawls FORGIVE ME in Myra's blood.

"Oh, that's clever, Silas. And artistic."

She follows after the Marthras, holding her truncheon in one hand and her dagger in the other.

Quietly, she says, "That door probably isn't locked."

After a moment, she adds, "I hope that isn't the door to the lavatory. Walking in on someone doing his duty is absolutely disgusting, though maybe not so much if you plan to kill him."

22. - Top - End - #232

Marthras opens the door!

You see the northern end of a long hall, with doors on the northwest, southwest, and south walls. Double doors are set into the north end of the hall. Lamps sit in sconces, and a worn rug covers most of the floor.

You have surprised two guards mid-discussion! They look at you with shock, from their position at the double doors...

BEGIN COMBAT
    (Standard actions only, then we'll go to rounds.)

23. - Top - End - #233

Jodiah quickly chants causing a ever so slight blue hue to form around a small piece of tainted meat, suddenly it rises up and darts towards the open mouth of one of the unsuspecting guards. "Remember to chew your food dearies!"

Spoiler
    Show
    This serves two purposes: they may fall asleep and at the very least it will prevent them from speaking out loud... heck maybe they will choke?
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2012-11-27 at 01:08 PM.
    Blarg...

24. - Top - End - #234
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Bridget, from her position behind the others, raises a finger to her lips and stares into the eyes of one of the guards. "Relax" she whispers, her voice layered with magical compulsion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Beguiling Voice (bloodline ability): DC15 will save or dazed for one round
    Last edited by Angstrom; 2012-11-27 at 01:08 PM.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sirin Starshine

As the half-elf rushes into the hall, she hisses at Silas and Grumblejack, "Please help us!"

Sirin tries to place herself between the two guards and the double door.

If that is not possible, she tries to place herself between at least one guard and the big males of the party, intending to flank the guards.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Orc in the Playground

Marthras charges at one of the guards, trying to get them out cold as fast as possible.

Spoiler
    Show
    Partial Charge if in range, otherwise just move in their directon.
    (1d20+6)[9]
    (1d6+6)[12]

27. - Top - End - #237

Variel

The tiefling moves within range of the closest guard, sword drawn and at the ready.
    Spoiler
    Show
    When was the last time griffith posted?
    Blarg...

28. - Top - End - #238

ooc: Sorry! I've had a busy day, and the forum has been periodically unavailable.

Silas rushes forward and brings a powerful overhand chop down on the head of the nearest guard.

longsword power attack w/ charge (1d20+6)[20]
    damage (1d8+6)[7]

29. - Top - End - #239

Bridget's words soothe and stun one guard, while Nana Jodi... Pelts the other with food? Well, that surprised him, though he doesn't seem interested in consuming the levitating chicken leg at the minute. Meanwhile, Sirin repositions herself to keep the guards from escaping.

The dazed guards is even worse off as Silas and Marthras rush at him. He dodges Marthras' attack, but Silas brings him to one knee with a savage chop! Coughing, he struggles back up, reaching for his sword as he goes...

The guard who's shoving the turkey leg away from his face gets rushed by Variel, followed by an enthusiastic Grumblejack. And perhaps due to some odd whim of fate, perhaps due to the malice of the gods, or perhaps because Variel doesn't stop his rush in time, the guard manages to jerk his sword free and around just as the Tiefling's neck is right in its arc.

Variel falls.

Grumblejack runs the guard through.

The remaining guard, unable to react, is soon clubbed, stabbed, and cut down in a matter of seconds.

And Variel's corpse bleeds onto the rug, as his twitching fingers stop moving.

The hallway is still, as blood drips and pools through the rug.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfFighterGirl

Sirin Starshine

Sirin makes a face as she steps over the dead body of Variel.

"Ugh. Tiadora is not going to be happy. She wanted all six of us..."

Then she remembers something.

Smiling encouragingly at the ogre, she says, "Good job, Grumblejack. I was really smart and lucky to free you."

She listens at the nearby double door to the north, then goes to each other door (northwest, south and southwest) and listens at each of those doors as well.

Perception
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+11)[16]

Perception: (1d20+11)[24]

Perception: (1d20+11)[13]

Perception: (1d20+11)[30]