New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Clash of the Titans

Kitra

Miyoko follows Kitra's gaze, and raises an eyebrow with a faint teasing smile. "Where did your weapon go? Should you take better care of your stuff?"
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Twinks stole it... Kitra begin to pout as she silently munches on her funnel cake.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

3. - Top - End - #273

Kitra

"Twinks...?" Miyoko asks, blinking in confusion. Then something flashes across her eyes- no, literally, a flicker of light flashes in front of her eyes- and she nods in comprehension. "Ah, yes, Twinkle Star... Jena, was it?"
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, she ended up making me agree not to use her old name... at least she agreed to forget my old one too. Kitra beams.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

5. - Top - End - #275

Kitra

"Why?" Miyoko tilts her head to the side, a curious smile on her face. "Also, if she decided to forget your name, what do she call you?"

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

"Honestly because the names were pretty bad." Blushing kitra hurries on to answe the other question. "But lets see, what does she call me these days. "Master", "Boss lady", "Your highness", perhaps even what my men call me."

7. - Top - End - #277

Kitra

Giggling at the blushing Kitra (she can blush through her mask? Cool... ), Miyoko prods her companion (verbally). "Bad? How bad? C'mon, tell me!"

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

"Many things are cycles, Akira. The sun, the stars, the life within and all around us." Jena sighs, turning back to face him. "And in the end, the cycle catches up with you. Life turns to death. Day turns to night. Creation falls to oblivion and then turns again back to creation - the few sparks that survive on the edge kindling it anew.

"And yet," her eyes flare a sudden, solid, sky blue, "few give mind to those sparks. Those tiny cinders that are all that remain of an obliterated reality, lost and forgotten to any but the few who remain."

"There is one more secret that I feel I can give, Ke'ren'fa. But," the colour in her eyes dims, and she smiles. "I believe you currently owe me one in return."

Kitra

There's a sudden flare of light beside Kitra, and a voice - clearly Jena's - speaks.

"You forgot Kitten, Kitten."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Spoiler: Things
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    Damn you Snowfire. I cried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon777 View Post
    T_T I swear, you just made me cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Well, here's another for your sig, Snowfire.

<struck dumb>

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not a mask, a cloth wrapping everything but around the eyes. So unless you have selective seeing an don't see skin at the edge of cloth...

Was that it twinks?
    Last edited by drack; 2012-12-01 at 03:41 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280

Sonozaki Akira

"Then to be one of those few sparks is both a wonderful glory and a hateful curse, yes?" murmurs Akira, clasping his hands together and gazing at Jena. "And from your tone of voice, am I to assume that you are one of these sparks, or knew someone who was?"

"As for another secret," he says, smiling. "Why not?"

"Sometimes, I don't feel like I'm alone in my mind. It feels as if... there's someone else there. Someone watching me from the recesses of my own head. A while back, this issue began to come up more and more often, so I took a trip to my own mindscape. And who would be there, but another person? After some rather easy investigation, I found that it was none other than a soul fragment of my former vampiric mistress. And there she remains. I have tried everything I could to dislodge her, but eventually I realized that doing so would likely take away everything that made me a vampire, and now we coexist in relative peace." As he finishes, he hesitates, then laughs softly, muttering. "Oh shut up, I won't let you out."

Kitra

Starting at the unexpected new voice, Miyoko coughs and regains her composure. "You are... Jena-dono? It's nice to meet you. Yukari has told me quite a lot about you. She's so excitable at times..."

Turning back to Kitra, she quirks an eyebrow with a smile. "Kitten, is it? That's cute. May I call you that?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, sorry. Thought it was a full-on mask.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Kitra shrugs "I have too many names, and not enough use for all of them."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

Jena chuckles at Akira's comment, shaking her head in amusement. "Ah, so that would have been the part of you that was showing you what to do." Jena smiles wickedly. "I had wondered.

"As to sparks and cycles and my place in them..." She blows out a breath, and sits. "I said that I studied time, didn't I. That I had to do so." She shrugs. "That...wasn't all there was to it." Her eyes shimmer, the solid colour from before seeping into them again. "To call myself a spark would be...wrong. Not that I have not stood on the edge of oblivion more than once, but that I do not interact with the revival. I am, in essence, a rogue spark. One that should not have ever have existed. And yet, I do." She closes her eyes, breathing deepening, and - to the sight of those who can view the arcane - the void where she sits seems to crack slightly, the impression of something vast and so bright that it would blind the sun creeping out from the fissures in the shell of nothingness around her.

There's perhaps an instant of time where the cracks slice across the shell, a moment where one could shield their eyes, and then the entire construct shatters. To normal sight, Jena remains as she is, sitting naked on the bed. But to the arcane vision...

Dozens, no, hundreds of auras explode out around her, spreading out in waves of light that paint the room in every colour known - as well as a few that aren't. But that is nothing compared to the blazing figure that seems to overlay itself over her physical form. Solid silver light, edged in dark, dark blue blazes before Akira, but still that is not all. For at the heart of that form of blazing light, there lies - in the place that a human's heart would be - a ring of utterly inimical void. It hangs there, like a gate.

No. Not like a gate.

Then it sweeps out, enveloping the flame and the overwhelming number of auras dancing around her and hiding them away from the world again. And Jena's eyes flick open, this time shadowed and wary.

She says nothing. But then again, she doesn't have to.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you have Detect Alignment spells up, they all register Overwhelming presences. Arcane Sight will register the silver-blue light/flame as something equivalent to a 400th level spell - or thereabouts. I suspect there might be some flash-blindness from this...

Sorrrrry

Kitra & Miyoko

"That would be me." Jena's voice replies. "Last I checked at least." There's an amused chuckle at the mention of Yukari. "I bet she did. Although from everything I got from Akira, she got just about all of it wrong. Not to worry though, she'll work it out eventually.

"And Kitten is my name for Kitra. But hey, I guess you can borrow it on credit earned by your cousin if you must." You can just about taste the smirk behind those words.
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-12-01 at 08:01 PM.
    Many thanks to Snowfire for collating all these. He's a madman, but he's a helpful madman.
    Show

<struck dumb>

13. - Top - End - #283

Jena, Akira

As the wave of light and magic surges outward from Jena, Akira remains silent, but his eyes widen with some unreadable emotion. He remains silent and motionless for a several moments after the dark gate has closed. Then, taking a deep breath in, he speaks. "That... that was your 'rogue spark' of reality?"

"...fantastic. To think that you would be able channel such light and such darkness, and keep them both in within you at once... Makes me feel rather small in comparison."

A hint of a smile pulls at the side of his mouth, and a soft chuckle escapes from him. "And what's with that distrustful look? It's like you expect me to reject you or something."

Kitra, Miyoko

"I'm sure she did." chuckles Miyoko, with a bemused smile. "She is just a child at heart, despite her age or her hubris."

"I will indeed. From now on," She turns to Kitra with a cute smile. "You shall be Koneko-chan." Then her expression turns curious, with a hint of amused suspicion. "Credit by Akira-kun, I assume? ...what exactly did he do...?"

14. - Top - End - #284
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sehrul Rahman & "Titania"

After spending several more minutes conversing with the Yukaris, both Sehrul and Titania decide to go to the convention.

"Master Sehrul, I'll be going on ahead to have some fun. I'll try to behave."

At the Convention

Sehrul Rahman

Sehrul planeshifts into the convention grounds without hassle. He decides to aimlessly wander around for several minutes before deciding to visit one of the museums containing the gathered treasures, mementos, souvenirs and other paraphernalia of the grand adventurers, mystery men, super spies and others of their ilk spanning the various worlds and timelines of those assembled here. Inside, he nods, shakes hands with, or share a few anecdotes with friends, enemies, friendly enemies, and all sorts in between, both young and old.

"Titania"

Planeshifting in to a different portion of the demi-plane, Titania makes her way to the entertainment grounds. After a few minutes of following some helpful signs and maps, she comes across a massive amphitheater where several renowned bards and other musicians are giving various concerts.

She makes her way to one of the stages and manages to commandeer the bard, his entourage and a couple dozen onlookers into becoming a makeshift band. Addressing these poor hapless fools, she greets them. "Greetings to all you people gathered around me today. It seems it hasn't even been a couple of minutes since I got here and already I am nearly bored to death. To alleviate this, I have decided that we should perform a few songs that could be heard across the entire demi-plane."

"Now, does anyone know where I can find a universal instrument as well as the controls to the audio systems here?"

15. - Top - End - #285

Sehrul Rahman

As you walk around the museum, you spot a stone slab on which a cipher of some sort is inscribed. A rather large number of people are gathered around it, arguing about the meaning and key. And one of the most prominent members of this crowd is none other than Furude Yukari, now dressed in a red and white miko outfit. "No, no, no. That can't be right. See, if that were the case, this word would have to be over here. But it's not."

She turns and, spotting you, waves, chirping. "Oh, it's Rahman-sama! What a coincidence! Wanna come over here and help us decide this? Winner gets a prize."

Titania

One of the stunned bards manages to regain his composure, and points to one of the other stages, where a bored looking young man stood, leaning against a wall, with eyes and hair and suit all of a pure white. "Umm... You may want to ask Yuki, ma'am. He's the one providing the equipment and doing sound."

As he says this, the white haired man glances over and disappears, reappearing a moment later behind you, hands in his pockets, his expression unchanged. "I heard my name. What's going on? We got a new performer?" He looks Titania up and down, and shrugs. "Eh, you seem alright. Need anything in particular? If you do, at least describe it a little. I'm a doctor, not a musician..."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Dodoran returns from his short hiatus to wander around the fairgrounds. Spotting a fire-eater playing magic tricks, he wanders up.
    "Well, you could do it that way, but using liquid flame is just boring!"
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

17. - Top - End - #287

Dodoran

Said fire-eater, a pink haired elf with four arms, gives you a look of curiosity and amusement, two hands on her hips, the other two holding her torches. "Then, pray tell, what kind of fire should I use?"

18. - Top - End - #288

PaladinGuy

"Well, using your own would be a good start. Would you like an introductory course?" Dodoran says, sending out a slim stream of frost to extinguish the performer's torches.
    My wifi is down. It should be back up by the 22nd. Sorry, snowy, morcy, drack, hat, etc.

19. - Top - End - #289

Dodoran

The four-armed elf gives you a look of suspicion. "...and you go around assuming that everyone has an 'inner fire'? I mean, you're a dragon. And a white/silver(?) one at that. So you have like an 'inner ice' or something."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did you ever say what type of dragon you were...? If you did, I probably missed it... Just assume that she says the right color.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Jena, Akira

"You are a scientist, Akira. I am a puzzle the likes of which I doubt you have ever seen." She shrugs. "Does it not makes sense to be wary after showing you such? Wary of being spirited away to become a test subject, so that you might try to unlock the secrets of how I am what I am." She shakes her head. "I am sorry if I misjudged you, truly. But...I think you understand. And I would ask that you keep what I have shown you secret even from your companions and family. These were given to you in confidence, and I would appreciate if they went no further. You have my solemn pledge to treat your secrets with the same courtesy."

Kitra, Miyoko

"Oh, you know, this and that." Jena's voice teases. "He's got quite the natural talent. One of the best I've had in a long while. And for all that he lacks practice, well...I love to teach."
    Show

<struck dumb>

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Kitra covers her ears ducking her head and shutting her eyes "Don't wanna know, don't wanna know, don't wanna know!"

22. - Top - End - #292

Jena, Akira

"I suppose it would make sense to be wary, but have I ever given you any reason to fear me?" He chuckles softly. "...well, beside the 'scientist' aspect..."

"But that's beside the point." He nods slowly and gives Jena a slight smile. "I will keep your secrets safe as well. That, I promise."

Kitra, Miyoko

Blinking a few times, Miyoko's mind begins processing what Jena had just said. Of course there's a double meaning. The way she worded that, there's no way it wasn't. But the question was, what did was the-

Something clicks in her mind. A slow, barely suppressed grin begins to creep onto her face, and she giggles. "Ufufu... I see... I see..."

She turns to the petulant Kitra and starts giggling again. Patting said woman on the head, she beams. "Oh silly Koneko-chan... You can be so cute sometimes..."
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-12-06 at 09:49 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

Jena, Akira

"You have my thanks then, Akira." She spins delicately, her clothing flowing back onto her form and extending her hand to the scientist. "Shall we go down then, and see what the children have gotten up to since we left?" She asks, smiling softly. "We could go see...Miyoko, I think that's her name. I would like to make sure I haven't broken her too badly." Her smile turns to an impish grin. "Well, that and let her be sure that I haven't done anything truly horrible to you."

Kitra, Miyoko

"Oh, you really don't, jel'ene. She replies wickedly. "I think we'll be down in a bit though. And yes," She giggles, then directionally amplifies the volume of her tone in the space around Kitra to be heard past her covered ears. "Kitten is very cute sometimes. I think she needs to get laid, but she always tell me she's too paranoid or something..."
    Last edited by Snowfire; 2012-12-06 at 10:09 PM.
    Show

<struck dumb>

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Kitra releases her ears standing on her toes and glaring at Jena's eyes through her pouting. "Not paranoid, just don't wanna!"

25. - Top - End - #295

Jena, Akira

With a snap of his fingers, Akira's attire reasserts itself, seeming to be almost folded on in shards. He accepts Jena's hand, rising with a nod. "Indeed. Although I certainly hope you haven't broken her to that extent."

He waves his hand in a wide arc towards one wall, and it ripples out of sight. Stepping up to the edge, he offers his hand to Jena with a grin. "Would the lady care for a ride down to the Spire?"

Kitra, Miyoko

"Hm, I would be inclined to agree with Jena-dono. You do need to get laid." Miyoko give Kitra a teasing grin. "Come now, I'm sure you have some interest. What is it you fancy?"

"Perhaps I could find out..."
    She reaches into a hidden pocket on her dress and pulls out a thin orange wafer. Waving it in front of Kitra's face, it gives off a scent of pure happiness and joy, instilling feelings of utter bliss. "Are you afraid to find out what it is that you want?"

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

"No." Kitra asserts firmly. Tried that once, and Jenna's teacher kept chasing me all the way off the edge of the earth... She would still be falliing today if she didn't die of heartbreak first... No, no sexing.

27. - Top - End - #297

PaladinGuy

"Well, it really isn't that hard. I mean, look."
    Dodoran spits a stream of multicolored flames.
    "You find the heat, beneath your stomach, and just... push on it. Most humanoids can do it, they just don't know how."
    Dodoran pauses
    "Either that, or I've been associating with way too many undercover dragons."
    Last edited by white rider; 2012-12-07 at 06:48 AM.

28. - Top - End - #298

Kitra, Miyoko

Shrugging nonchalantly, Miyoko pops the wafer in her mouth. There's a split second where she realizes that that may not be the best idea. But then the burst of bliss kicks in, and she collapses against Kitra, arms wrapped tightly around her, twitching occasionally.

After a few seconds of shuddering, Miyoko releases her grip. She smiles sheepishly and blushes. "Ah... sorry. I forgot that we aren't supposed to eat the entire thing at once..."

Dodoran

She blinks, then glares at him. "I think you have been."

Giving him a curious smile, she continues, "So what's it like being a dragon? Is the change to being humanoid disconcerting at all?"

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Kitra looks suspiciously at the woman. "No poking fun, meanie."

30. - Top - End - #300

Kitra, Miyoko

Miyoko blushes again. "My apologies, I didn't mean to make fun of you. I still have some if you would at least like a small sample...?"