New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Three Goddesses (IC) Thread #3

Seraciel

"Even so, I would have liked to meet the mail carrier. He could have given us more information."
    Sera takes the scroll. "Thank you. I don't know if I'll have much use for it today, though. This sort of spell works best with a lot of foresight, planning, and time."

Sera gets back to work with her spells. "As entertaining as it would be to watch the sheep gawk at my figure, I am in need of clothes. Yours won't ever fit me, so could you fetch some from my room?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Holy crap, seriously?
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Firbolg in the Playground

Furude Setsuna

"But what if I want to gawk too?" whines Setsuna with a stuck-out tongue and fake pout. She relaxes and grins. "Alright, I'll get something for you."

Throwing up a hastily shadowcrafted version of her own outfit, now-dressed girl dashes off to Sera's room once again. She glances around the dim room and carefully makes her way to the closet. As she stares at the available selection, she tries to pick something she thinks her friend will like. And then she runs back to her own room. "Hey Sera, how about this?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Nah, I had 3950 gp sitting there that I had planned on using for whatever I needed before the mission. This seemed like a good opportunity to use some of that money.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera is a little more than flustered. "If you wish to stare..." She doesn't finish the sentence. She just buries her face in the tome. Her face definitely has more color than normal.

______

Rats.
    The rats see you. They are scratching the ground beneath their feet to remind you. They will always remember. They seek your soul.
    ______

Sera doesn't look up from her work.
    "Thank you, Setsuna-kun. Have you contacted the others yet?"
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-12-30 at 05:44 PM.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

4. - Top - End - #364

Furude Setsuna

"Your rats scare me," mutters Setsuna. She shrugs and sits down next to Sera. "And no, I haven't contacted anyone else yet. I figured it would be best to wait until they've all posted in the OOC thread we're ready ourselves."

Holding out the outfit, she smiles innocently at her friend. A mischievious twinkle develops in her eyes and she giggles slightly. "So... would you like some help getting dressed... Sera-chan...?"
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

"Very well then. I just hope you aren't misreading the situation again." Sera looks over at the clothes provided. "Quite an odd mix. If you wish to help you can."

Spoiler
    Show
    OKay, because I am actually being lazy with the spell list today as well.

6. - Top - End - #366

Furude Setsuna

Setsuna pouts. "Seraaaaa.... You don't have to keep bringing that up..." She begins to dress you, muttering. "Well, I thought you'd like this outfit. And I think you'd look great in it."

7. - Top - End - #367
    Bugbear in the Playground

Taleira Ulharvyth

Taleira opens the letter, reads it, and promptly suppresses a laugh. After everything it's taken to get here, this looks almost so easy as to be anti-climactic. Still, best to get to it. Tali drags herself out of bed and dresses quickly, then stalks off to find the others.
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera lets Furude work the clothing with hands. "I hope you brought underwear. The skirt is just kind of... short..." She sits down on the bed, expecting boots. She mutters something about Furude preferring that she would wear nothing at all. "By the way, if you don't put some real clothes on, I will have to request some distance from you. AMF and magical clothing do not mix."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-12-30 at 11:14 PM.

9. - Top - End - #369

Furude Setsuna

"Of course I brought some!" chirps Setsuna, winking. "It's not like I'm gonna let anyone else see that much of you. You're mine~!" Anticipating Sera's want of boots, the little caster has them ready for her and affixes them to her friend's feet.

Her eyes widen at Sera's next words. "Uuu... I'll do that then." She lets her clothing crumble into the shadows from whence they came, and runs around trying to get dressed.
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-12-30 at 11:33 PM.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

"That's flattering,but it seems like the kind you would want me to wear. STOP OBJECTIFYING ME."
    She finishes dressing herself, shaking slightly. "Very good. It's would be rather awkward if we had people eying you as well. We should check on the rat kingdom."

"i am sorry..."

11. - Top - End - #371

Furude Setsuna

Setsuna flinches at her friend's outburst and stares up at her, dazed. "O- oh, sorry," she manages to say. Nodding silently, she follows Sera out of her own room, mechanically locking the door behind them.

12. - Top - End - #372

This was it, thought Melinda.

Here in epistolary form before her lay the thrust of the last clause of the last readable verse of the prophecy - at least the last of what was to be immediately revealed by Fate. If she survived, the decisions that would take the nascent Church forward beyond this point would be hers, and she would have no one and nothing to hide behind.

That was just fine with her, Melinda thought proudly as she set down Foulisar's letter upon her nightstand in Kroy. She'd walked onto stage like a dancer who didn't know the figures, prepared to play her part by ear and mimicry. But her partners did. And she'd had many skillful partners throughout the quest. Not only had she herself grown; she had also succeeded in surrounding herself with immensely capable people whom she could trust.

Melinda's zeal had had a conflicted relationship with the prophecy. The Triune pontiff was thankful for the prophecy. And yet she was even more thankful that she did not need the prophecy anymore to proceed with her agenda.

Melinda's mental message targeting her closest company of three outsiders and five arcanists. "Clylious Foulisar has seen fit to let me know that he awaits our entreaties. I don't know how many of you have also received his communication. But I would appreciate your company and have need of your counsel."

"It's breakfast time in Kroy, if you'd like to join me."
    Of the Core classes, Bard is the best. It optimizes the most important resource of them all: play time.

Grieve not greatly if thou be touched a-light, for an after-stroke is better if thou dare him smite.
    The Play with the Two-Hand Sword in Verse, circa 1430. British Museum manuscript #3542, ff 82-85.

Current avatar: Sascha Kincaid, a lost country girl in a big city. Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

KROY

Its breakfast time in Kroy, and Terry Benedict has graciously set out a large spread in honor of Melinda and her team. You have the best dining room in the Bellagio all to yourselves and the finest in food, Terry seems to have anticipated whatever each person will want, and has it ready. Melinda is already in the room waiting, with Terry and a few handpicked servants.

(please describe your arrival)
    #GoreMutualarejerks

14. - Top - End - #374
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Coquika enters the restaurant with interest; she didn't frequent place like this these days, and it was interesting to watch the bustle of people around a sphere of life she touched little.
    She had walked at a leisurely pace down the lane, ringed in her daily wards and protections, as well as a thin veil of illusion to keep down the staring in the street. Not that admiration was unpleasant, on the whole, but rather that she had other things on her mind.
    An awkward inquiry led to to the dining room. She had left early, and so arrived early. It didn't really matter, and so with a sigh she drops her illusion and leans against the frame of the window, gazing thoughtfully out at the river. She traces a thick, glossy finger against the cool surface of the glass, and begins to sing a hymn under her breath as she waits for the others.
    Spoiler
    Show

daily spells in effect:
    Mind Blank, Mage Armor, Energy Immunity: Sonic
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    (please describe your arrival)
    "Ummm, Dot?" Atareth tepes to Dot (only). "A little help to breakfast, please? I'm at the City of Gardens."
    Last edited by PSinger; 2013-01-01 at 09:40 AM.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

16. - Top - End - #376

Taleira Ulharvyth

Taleira appears almost immediately after Melinda's invitation, a teleport *poof* heralding her arrival. "You got far afield last night, I see." She glances around the dining room, a little impressed by the arrangements. "Nice place, this. Maybe I should have tagged along when you came here before."
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

17. - Top - End - #377

"If by that you mean I finally learned how to use teleportation? Yes, I did. All it took was fifteen minutes with the Teacher..." the pontiff beams like a little girl. For Benedict's sake, Melinda is suppressing her many instincts and urges upon seeing her demon lover, forcing her internal effusiveness to manifest in different ways. "I'm glad you like it here. You didn't miss much the first time. Frankly, you had much more important things to do that night than win a few thousand platinum on a few games of cards."
    Of the Core classes, Bard is the best. It optimizes the most important resource of them all: play time.

Grieve not greatly if thou be touched a-light, for an after-stroke is better if thou dare him smite.
    The Play with the Two-Hand Sword in Verse, circa 1430. British Museum manuscript #3542, ff 82-85.

Current avatar: Sascha Kincaid, a lost country girl in a big city. Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals

18. - Top - End - #378

Furude Setsuna

"Good morning, Melinda-sama, Coquika-san, Taleira-san." Setsuna calls out dully as she strides into the room. Plopping down into what she assumes is her chair, she picks up a peach from the plate and bites down onto it rather violently.

"So, anything interesting happen to you folks in our day away from each other?" She asks with a faint smile and raised eyebrow.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Colossus in the Playground

"So, where is Her Celestial Grace?" asks Lildorrinene with some irony.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

20. - Top - End - #380

Taleira Ulharvyth

Taleira acknowledges Setsuna (and, presumably, Seraciel) with a nod, but keeps right on bantering with Melinda. "Ah, that explains it." Melinda's latter comment draws a chuckle and a shrug from Tali. "Lose, more likely, but true enough." Since Melinda is apparently putting on her public face for now, Tali finds a seat and deposits her copy of the letter on the table. "I got a letter, too. Besides that, we're down to one line left. The 'woman who is not a woman' is rather friendly, by the way."
    Last edited by Telasi; 2013-01-01 at 12:03 AM.
    Snickett avatar by me.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

Dot sends a private message back to Atareth.

"Very well. I'll meet you in the arrival vestibule in ten minutes."

The Dot who arrives to greet Atareth is significantly different than the one she'd seen last. She was twice as tall. She was alone. And she was smiling. Dot made no comment about any of these changes, but simply extended her hand.

"I'm assuming we're on our way to Melinda, then?"
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Toliudar
    Spoiler
    Show
    Never mind, but I'll see you like that once I get to Kroy. Cassandra poofed me there, as per DM-PM.
    Seeing that Atareth needs transport, Cassandra gets the angel to the meeting.

"I hope I'm not late," Atareth says.
    Current Games
    Curse of the Crimson Throne: Dušana Essert(Zeta), & Fathi (Phi) and Hülya (Eta) Sharif of House al-Din
    Legacy of Fire: Water Prince Rafiq Karim
    Rise of the Runelords: Keghart Valdemar & Valbard the Velociraptor
    Savage Tide: Rabbi Eliezer "Lazer" Whuraili Cohen ben Mordechai of Clan Ironoath of Oriadeth
    Serpent's Skull: Harsk! (yes, that one)
    Shattered Star: Lilim
    Strange Aeons: Dorn

23. - Top - End - #383

Lildorrinene looks at Atareth's outstanding timing to her question. Meanwhile. at her bidding, Lok-Too-Loo-Baz appears as well.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

Currently in attendance: Melinda, Taleira, Atareth, Dot, Lil, Setsuna, Coquika, Seraciel
    Waiting on: Selena

As each person enters, Terry inclines his head politely, offering either greeting or comment to them. Terry's voice seems always quiet and controlled, you dont think you could tell if he is enraged or ordering dinner, and even without trying, seems to convey a sense of menace.
    (OOC: If you have seen any of the Oceans, you'll know what I mean)

@Melinda: I've never been a student of the arcane arts, but from what I understand, Miss Tishtina is an unparallel teacher

@Taleira: Im glad you like it...although I imagine many of my patrons are glad you didnt decide to fleece them

@Lil: Like this one did. Well played, my dear He says nothing at the appearance of Lok, you get the feeling that even if Lok is in some polymorphed form, Terry still knows what he is.

@Dot: same as Lok, if your "companions" are with you, he merely notes them but says nothing
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2013-01-01 at 08:10 PM.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

25. - Top - End - #385

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    @Lil: Like this one did. Well played, my dear
    Show

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Ms. Seraciel slinks in after Setsuna. She doesn't look happy. She eyes the whole situation suspiciously before taking her seat next to the little shadowcaster. She see the foie gras and peaches before her, and even notes the little lily placed in a vase in front of her. Not that the little stargazer wins the host any points. She doesn't like it when people know her secrets, and she doesn't like to be reminded people know her business. She looks over to Setsuna apologetically.

"I am sorry. I don't know why they would be like that..."
    Her rats have been rather rude to Setsuna. Perhaps the terrifying hive mind is jealous of the attention she is giving her friend?

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot to mention, my long term buffs are active. I'll collect and post them.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2013-01-02 at 02:50 AM.

27. - Top - End - #387

Furude Setsuna

Setsuna takes another sullen bite out of the peach. She stays silent for a while. After a few more mouthfuls, she finally replies softly. "...it's not your fault. I'm not really angry. It's just... why? Why would they do that?"

Rolling her eyes, she chuckles. "It's almost like the way I was-" She freezes, blood draining from her face. [size]"...oh. Oh. They... they're... jealous. Of me. Because of us."

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

Selena (Dudu) indicated spotty access to the site over the holidays, a retcon of the intro can be done if needed. So for now, we can consider everyone to be present, and since Melinda is your defacto leader, she should lead off the conversation.
    Go.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

PSinger
    Spoiler
    Show
    No worries.

Dot fades into view just outside Benedict's room. She does indeed look significantly different than when she took her leave of the rest of the group. She is no longer riding on Clyde's shoulder, but standing on her own feet, and at her regular height. Still not impressive, really. Just a little over five feet, and with the physique of someone who spends most of her time sitting down.

She walks into the office alone, and smiling faintly. Her irises cycle through green to orange and back to a pale yellow. She nods to Terry, then smiles over at Taleira and Melinda. Her eyes settle on Lil and Lok, and her eyebrow arches upward briefly.

"Welcome back! Couldn't stay away?"
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

30. - Top - End - #390

"Before we begin, Seraciel, Furude-san, Coquika, and Selena - I wanted to introduce you four to our sister Lildorrinene. She's been with us since the Cups, and her leadership really defined our Fellowship in its earliest days."

"I received this letter this morning," she says, setting a copy down upon the table. "Tali also said she received one, and so did Lil, apparently. I assume these have been widely sent and read, so I won't bore with specifics."

"Ailena's High Priest wants to meet all of us," she recapitulates. "I've already agreed to bring a delegation over this afternoon. They are ready for us, and it would only be prudent and courteous for us to make ourselves ready for them. That is what this meeting is for. I want everyone to be equally briefed, no one to drop any last-minute surprises, and for us to walk out of here with some common expectations about exactly what our faith represents, and what we are willing to offer and withhold over the course of asserting ourselves to them and attracting them to support our agenda."

"Now I know most of you were there when I gave Harlan the thirty-second doctrinal version of my vision. Lil, I trust you heard about it through the grapevine. We represent the choice to live life in a virtuous cycle of desire and fulfillment. At the start of this cycle lie the sensual pleasures, and so we each make ourselves desirable. Beyond that point, through others we ourselves are made. Our personal allure is a key that opens many spiritual doors, and our faith finds strength in the great diversity of talents and wills that passion unites in spiritual community. This is the life we choose, and in living it we transform love, lust, and temptation into passion, power and wealth, for ourselves and for all whom we touch."

"That is the promise of our faith, as I have experienced it. Is this a vision that we all can share?" She expects the rest of the discussion to devolve from there.