New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Three Goddesses (IC) Thread #3

Seraciel

"I could, but the creature is much more dangerous with its fire. I will be ready to remove the spell if the situation becomes dire, but I would recommend against it."
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't think my summons will mind the fire. Permanent damage isn't much worse than normal damage to them."
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Nicollo Corleone - The Scoundrel Malconvoker

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Minaerva - The Wild Caller from Rokiri Island.

Requiem Macabre Doc

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

"In that case, summon everything. See if your dime a dozen extraplanars can touch this thing. Either that, or at least get something that can resist the effects of the AMF."
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Firbolg in the Playground

Furude Setsuna

Setsuna shakes her head. "It won't work, Selena-san. The magic that keeps the summons here will be suppressed by the antimagic. And I don't think any of the normally taught summons have abilities that can penetrate antimagic."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, yeah. EXCEPT if you cast an anti magic field into it. I'm just pointing an alternative."
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Nicollo Corleone - The Scoundrel Malconvoker

Dante Levasseur - The Crimsom Inquisitor (avatar) and his Lumi cohort, Eveline Dawn now being followed by an old acquaintance, Aurora, the voice of Barachiel.

Minaerva - The Wild Caller from Rokiri Island.

Requiem Macabre Doc

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Another member of the group, Melinda, joins the ranks of those awaiting action.

Clyde up, Coquika on deck, end round 1.
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Clyde vibrates at the prospect of violence nearby, violence which Dot's orders are preventing him from joining in. Instead, he simple hunkers down and waits.

Spoiler
    Show
    Clyde readies an action to teleport on either Dot's command or the appearance of the lavawight.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Clyde is holding his action and now the ball passes to Coquika

Coquika up, end round 1

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Coquika
    Personally, Coquika didn't see what the big deal was with this monster. She couldn't help but be bemused as a company of incredibly powerful heroines, the favored of the goddess herself, backpedaled and hid in anxious fear from a single creature wreathed in flame. She supposed she must trust that there is some reason why this particular undead creature should pose more of a challenge than the three that came before it, and not instantly vanish in a tsunami of steel. With a shrug of her rather broad shoulders, Coquika rubycasts
    If you say so, then I suppose it must be. It escapes me why you do not simply use invisibility magic and cut it down where it stands. But I will abide by Peridot's discretion.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

ROUND ONE OVER.
    See OOC message for action choices available.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Bugbear in the Playground

The First Priestess shrugs. "Dot, I leave this decision up to you. We can certainly face it. The Three are with us. And I'd rather not venture into an extradimensional storage space where I might be trapped."

"But you have my spell's sight. Has another way around been revealed to you? If not, I would rather not leave such a creature at our rear."
    Of the Core classes, Bard is the best. It optimizes the most important resource of them all: play time.

Grieve not greatly if thou be touched a-light, for an after-stroke is better if thou dare him smite.
    The Play with the Two-Hand Sword in Verse, circa 1430. British Museum manuscript #3542, ff 82-85.

Current avatar: Sascha Kincaid, a lost country girl in a big city. Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

The little mage stares at the blank wall for a split-second, weighing the danger of several different options.

"We could face it, but we don't have to. If it hasn't come through to us, it's unlikely to explore the area beyond the other door. Your magic isn't guiding me to another route, which means that if a solid stone wall is still the most direct route, then there is no other good way.

"I'll head across to the area that Setsuna has already scouted with Zippy and Clyde. Incidentally, if you go there ethereally again, I'd strongly recommend travelling through the floor. I'll either send back if there's trouble, or else will send Clyde back in a moment to collect another pair. Of course, if others can make it there safely using their own magic, so much the better."

Dot pauses, as if to say something else, but simply winks at Melinda. She disappears with the remnants of her menagerie, with only a whiff of sulphur hanging in the air in their place.

Spoiler
    Show
    Clyde teleports over to a spot about 10' past the wall where the ribbon was indicating. Dot will then send back a mental image of the place she finds herself.

Dot readies an action to cast Time Stop if the lavawight or another hostile appears before Clyde's next action. Zippy places himself between Dot/Clyde and the direction of the lavawight, and transforms back into his natural form.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

13. - Top - End - #223

Furude Setsuna

Nodding in agreement, Setsuna pipes up, "Okay, so Dot-san has gone to scout things out. If she gives the all-clear, then anyone who wants to can travel across with me, using Hakkera's magic."

She pauses, then adds, "However, If there is trouble, then we need to get over there to help."
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Colossus in the Playground

Drisae looks to Setsuna, "I was worried you wouldn't pick me up, seeing as most cabbies avoid us drow. 118th and Mountebank, please. Make it there safely in the rain by 9:30 pm and there'll be an extra $20 in it for you."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Interpretation: "Sure, I'll come with you."
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2012-11-30 at 03:20 AM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

15. - Top - End - #225

Furude Setsuna

With a bow and a flourish toward the staircase, Setsuna replies, "But of course ma'am. Please, enter. We just need to wait for the rest of the passengers."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

The various teleports from the various sources are cast, and the party now finds itself in a corrider leading away from the room with the lavawight. The corridor goes north for about 50 feet and then ends in a door.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

"Dot, would you kindly seal the path behind us?"

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

Dot, leaning forward to follow the ribbon of Melinda's spell, seems startled to hear her name.

"Oh, behind us? I'd rather not. But be my guest."

Instead, she forms another earth elemental in front of the door and speaks to it in the language of its people.

"Go through the wall beside the door. When you get to air on the other side, stop, look around, and immediately come back and tell me what you saw and heard."

Spoiler
    Show
    Snowbluff, I'm not being a **** about your excellent suggestion. Dot's only got one more wall of stone spell prepared, and I'd rather save it.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

The elemental slips into the wall and moments later comes back into view.

@Dot
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are 12 human figures in the room, along with a cell cage holding one humanoid figure. They appear to be very skeletal.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

"Very well. Furude-chan, could you erect a barrier or two, then? I would place a Prismatic Wall, but they are distinctly non-solid."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-11-30 at 01:42 PM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

Holding a hand to her lips, Dot quickly sends a message to the others.

"A dozen skeletal figures, and a person in a cage. This could be our destination. Are we ready?"

22. - Top - End - #232

Taleira Ulharvyth

Ready as I'll ever be. We're assuming at least one of the skellies is a lich, right?
    Snickett avatar by me.

I draw custom OotSatars. I'm wearing one now, and you can check out samples in my Gallery.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

"If that is the case, could you do me a favor, Taliera? If you keep Larry in your pocket, you can throw him at any lich you encounter. Larry could then deliver his AMF to the lich, without risking any of us. That is, ofcourse, if every is okay with us disabling an enemy caster."
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-11-30 at 01:45 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234

Melinda thought the likelihood that this was the pit chamber was somewhat reduced, given that the elemental had returned and was still in one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Taleira
    We're assuming at least one of the skellies is a lich, right?
    At least one, concurs Melinda. Hopefully no more. Drisae - have you prepared a mass death ward for us? Now is a good time, even if it's not Harlan in there. If everyone else gets ready to cast something at the same time, I'll listen for the response from the room.

Melinda sneaks over to the door and puts her ear up to it. Does it look like it's been used recently?

[Move Silently: (1d20+4)[20]
    Listening through a door (@ -5, included) : (1d20+27)[32]]
    Last edited by Kalirren; 2012-11-30 at 03:06 PM.
    Of the Core classes, Bard is the best. It optimizes the most important resource of them all: play time.

Grieve not greatly if thou be touched a-light, for an after-stroke is better if thou dare him smite.
    The Play with the Two-Hand Sword in Verse, circa 1430. British Museum manuscript #3542, ff 82-85.

Current avatar: Sascha Kincaid, a lost country girl in a big city. Aldhaven: Vicious Betrayals

25. - Top - End - #235

Furude Setsuna

A little surprised at Sera's use of her name, Setsuna quirks an eyebrow with a slight giggle and points at the wall behind them. "Ah, senpai? The way already is blocked... by that wall."

Before the door is opened, she begins to summon a small entourage, three figures emerging from the ground, two bralani and one avoral. They fly to the front of the group, ready to act as she commands.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Minor shadow Light of Lunia/Mercuria/Venya two Major shadow SM VI, one Major shadow SM VII, as well as any requested spells.

Conditions/Effects:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spells:
    Aid (entire party): 21 min
    Arcane Sight: Permanent
    Blur: 36 hrs
    Energy Immunity (fire, cold): 24 hrs
    Freedom of Movement: 3 hrs
    Imbue Familiar with Spell Ability (dimensional anchor, dispel magic, glitterdust, solid fog): 18 hrs
    Mage Armor: 18 hrs
    Mind Blank: 24 hrs
    Mirror Image, Greater: 24 min
    Moment of Prescience: 18 hrs
    See Invisibility: Permanent
    Superior Resistance: 24 hrs

Silent shadow Ball Lightning: 24 rounds
    Major shadow Summon Monster VII: 36 rounds
    Major shadow Summon Monster VI: 35 rounds
    Major shadow Summon Monster VI: 34 rounds

HP: 129/129
    Spells per day: 12 (16) 13 (11) 11 (12) 12 (9) 8 (0)

Condition and Effects (not including spells):
    +5 to saves against death effects, negative energy, energy drain; 1/day reroll failed save.
    +5 to saves against poison and disease; 1/day reroll failed save.
    +2 bonus to overcome SR.
    50% chance of deflecting a ranged attack if move 10 or more ft.
    Fast Healing 1.
    Resistance to fire 5, cold 5, electricity 5.
    Doubled carrying capacity.
    Ignore all hostile planar effects.
    Breathe in any environment, ignore harmful vapors/gases.
    Suppress all confusion, fear and stunning conditions in allies in 20 ft radius.
    No need to eat or drink.
    Sleep 2 hours to gain effects of 8.

Immune: blinded, confusion, dazzled, exhaustion, fatigue, fear, grappling, mind-affecting, movement penalties, stunning.
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-12-03 at 11:04 AM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Melinda is not as experienced as many dungeon go-ers, and so she does not realize that the undead are near silent in most situations. Even though she knows there are many skeletons in the room beyond, when she presses her ear to the door, she hears nothing in the room beyond.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Colossus in the Playground

Drisae casts mass death ward on the party. "Just happened to have that spell, seeing as we were going against a known enemy type."
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

28. - Top - End - #238

Furude Setsuna

"Okay then." Setsuna looks around the group, gazin at their three divine figures. "We're up against a number of skeletal figures, one of which is definitely a lich. Melinda-sama, Drisae-san, Atareth-san, turn. Make sure you hit the lich, and as many other as possible. After the first volley, do as the situation demands.

To their party's buzzsaw, she says, "Taleira-san, you are our shredder; go in there and shred." She turns again, and smiles. "Sera-senpai, Coquika-san, make sure they don't hit our casters. Selena-san, Dot-san, and I will provide fire support." Back to the short floating caster, she mentions, "Dot-san, send in one of your entourage to get Harlan-san."

Letting out a calming breath, she grins at her companions. "So, everyone ready?"

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Seraciel

Sera mutters some incantation, setting up her Duelward and using Resist Fire, Mass Extended on the party (CL 19, lasts way too long). Finally, she produces a Thunder Lance with a Shadow Evocation (CL 17, Reach 20', 3d6+9 damage, Dispels for effects. Will 27 for 20% damage from the spell. I wish I had not banned Evocation, it synergizes so well with Abjuration).

She also readies herself to cast a Chain Dispel if she spots any auras on skeletons.

Larry

Larry squeaks in agreement, and preps to charge a target spellcaster after the initial volley.
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2012-12-03 at 10:53 AM.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Dot

Dot nodded as Furude outlines a plan. She was as ready as she was likely to be.

"Ready."

Conjuring a fresh earth elemental, Dot orders it to stand by the wall next to (but not blocking) the door.

"When I give you a signal, run through the wall and charge at the nearest skeleton."