New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    "No we can handle it." Says Kris. "She might not look it, but Katie can lift a fair amount, and of course I'll be helping too. AH! Kiku!" Another maid runs up and starts to help him pack.

Kiku - "So sorry I'm late. We had some last minute customers!" The maid is a tall one, with what looks like purple hair, you think she might be some sort of crossbreed or shapeshifter. Her eyes have the look of a warrior however, and given what you know of Mori "Ninja Maids" are not outside of the possibility in this setting. She quickly starts helping to pack up with the grace and speed of a seasoned veteran.
    Lucas

'Mental Note: If I ever need an army, try in Maid Cafe.
    Mental Note 2: Mori is a scary guy.'

"Uh huh, yes, I can see you will manage. I guess we will see sometime in your Cafe, then." He says to Kris, and adds "Goodbye." to whole Cafe Kitten crew.

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    "I just want us all to stick together. We still have three more members of our band to find, and I want to have the meeting as soon as possible. But following Mori is as good a way of looking for the... John! Praise the Lord! Listen, the princess has dropped a plot hook right in our laps and hung a lampshade on it with a cherry on top. I'm trying to get everyone together so we can go to my house and discuss strategy and I can explain what that truly atrocious metaphor meant."
    "Okay then."
    Lucas follows him, with a bit impatient expression... he would like to know what is the plot hook as fast as possible...
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-11-14 at 08:01 AM.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

2. - Top - End - #332
    Firbolg in the Playground

Zachary responds to Danil,,"Testing, ehh? A bit worse than the ACTs, I kicked their ass. This was immensely frustrating.". Zachary is obviously still fining about it, "I thought I had it too."

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    Zachary responds to Danil,,"Testing, ehh? A bit worse than the ACTs, I kicked their ass. This was immensely frustrating.". Zachary is obviously still fining about it, "I thought I had it too."
    Lucas
    Looking carefully if no maid or other hidden ninja is in hearing range.
    "Man... when you broke her sword I thought you would go for it anime style... No real wounds but everyone ends up in much less clothing then what they started with... It would be one hell of final fight for the night!" He says not even attempting to maintain serious tone...
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-11-14 at 08:10 AM.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

4. - Top - End - #334

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    Lucas
    Looking carefully if no maid or other hidden ninja is in hearing range.
    "Man... when you broke her sword I thought you would go for it anime style... No real wounds but everyone ends up in much less clothing then what they started with... It would be one hell of final fight for the night!" He says not even attempting to maintain serious tone...
    "That was last night... I wish I could remember it, she had to be a tigress in the sack!"

With less than modesty, "Are you enjoying this world? I guess it's safe to say we aren't dreaming anymore."

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"That was last night... I wish I could remember it, she had to be a tigress in the sack!"

With less than modesty, "Are you enjoying this world? I guess it's safe to say we aren't dreaming anymore."
    Lucas

"It is not bad. And I must say that I prefer Psionic Guild over my Accounting classes... "

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

6. - Top - End - #336
    Bugbear in the Playground

"No way to know till there comes the day when we are tied to trees and pinned by pitchforks. Then and only then shall I know whether this world comes from my own shattered brain or from a greater genius."

"Praise the Lord! Tabitha!"

[OOC]Since I imagine everyone is eager for me to get to the big secret, I'll just skip forward to when we're all esconced in my rooms. If anyone wants to do something in the meantime, just let me know. [/OOC]

"Alright, everyone, here's the big news. The princess wants to establish a new county in the Takuga region, and she asked me to find a noble (points at self), a scholar (Lucas), a knight (Zach), a merchant (John), and anyone else who'd be interested in this project. So I guess I have three questions.

1. What do you think and know about this world?

2. Do you want to accept the princess's plot hook? I certainly do.

3. What are we going to call ourselves? I'm voting for The Order of The Pebble.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    This is the one setting where pulling that off doesn't make me want to scream at that suggestion. Mainly cause it's the only setting where it actually makes sense.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-11-14 at 08:52 AM.

8. - Top - End - #338

Lucas

"It is not bad. And I must say that I prefer Psionic Guild over my Accounting classes... "
    "I think the life of a noble hero will suit me, I'm already always sticking ,my nose where it doesn't belong"

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"No way to know till there comes the day when we are tied to trees and pinned by pitchforks. Then and only then shall I know whether this world comes from my own shattered brain or from a greater genius."

[OOC]Since I imagine everyone is eager for me to get to the big secret, I'll just skip forward to when we're all esconced in my rooms. If anyone wants to do something in the meantime, just let me know. [/OOC]

"Alright, everyone, here's the big news. The princess wants to establish a new county in the Takuga region, and she asked me to find a noble (points at self), a scholar (Lucas), a knight (Zach), a merchant (John), and anyone else who'd be interested in this project. So I guess I have three questions.

Lucas

"We can also get a spare scholar, just in case... Yes I mean Mori... If he already became and NPC who specializes solely in gathering knowledge, he could use it. Still, I am going...
    ... I am curious what would my 'father' say to that..."
    He says only slightly accenting word 'father' and does a gesture which is supposed to mean '...from here, not the real one...'
    "I like this place for now... I just hope it doesn't turn into apocalyptic game or something. As for the name... it is stup... a hell with it, why not! "

"I think the life of a noble hero will suit me, I'm already always sticking ,my nose where it doesn't belong"
    "Yes, you do."
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-11-14 at 10:04 AM.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

10. - Top - End - #340

"There are two other things I want to discuss. First, Zach, are you going to want to be the ultimate Lord of our new province? I'm asking because I certainly do, and having an authority struggle would be disastrous."

"Second, we might want to think about where we're taking our builds next time we level up. I know from Aisha that leveling exists in this world."
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Banned

"Second, we might want to think about where we're taking our builds next time we level up. I know from Aisha that leveling exists in this world."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Keep in mind that you just know something like that might be in effect. You don't actually summon a character sheet and fill it in when you level up. However your knowledge of how the universe works, does give you a key idea where to look for trainers. For example if you want the gladiator class, feel free to ask Leila for some tips.

12. - Top - End - #342

"There are two other things I want to discuss. First, Zach, are you going to want to be the ultimate Lord of our new province? I'm asking because I certainly do, and having an authority struggle would be disastrous."

Responding, "I do not wish to rule. Give me the power to act as I see fit as General without hamstringing me and we will both be happy men." Zachary has a smile on his face.

Thinking for a second,m"Well, since I'm a Gish with a solid martial background already, I will attempt to enhance my spell casting prowess until I can strike a balance between th two. I will be using my arcane skills to further enhance my martial prowess. Know, I will never be a full Wizard. Speaking of which, we need one."

Spoiler
    Show

More Wizard, Then Abjurant Champion, then Eldritch Knight.
    Last edited by Zman; 2012-11-14 at 11:02 AM.

13. - Top - End - #343

"Umm..." (points at Tabitha).

Lego Ergo Sum

14. - Top - End - #344

"Umm..." (points at Tabitha).
    "Hey, I've been fuming, don't blame me if I'm not that astute right now." Zachary started, blushing slightly.

Spoiler
    Show

Oops, forgot!

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

"Keep the power over city... I will try to take care of creating Crafting/ Psionic guild out there. Sounds much more fun to me...

As for future build... Unless psions of this world can advance in really unusual ways... I will probably keep advancing as Erudite..."

He says, quite excited about the guild idea... and with a bit disappointed expression when he talks about psionic PrC.

Spoiler
    Show

3 psionic PrC, out there, that I know and consider worth anything

- Slayer - Ranger feel, downside - loss of 1 manifester level
    - Anarchic Initiate - Awesome... but chaotic only
    - Thrallherd - powerful... but creepy

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

16. - Top - End - #346

"For my own build, I don't know of any classes that are specialized for rulers or leaders, so I'll probably keep building up the classes I've already got, and work my skills and feats to specialize as a leader. Maybe take a level or two of mystic theurge long-term. The class needs redemption after Tsukiko."

Lego Ergo Sum

17. - Top - End - #347
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm leaving the city would give me a reason to be oblivious about everything and preparing to begin setting up shop in a new province gives a believable lie about why I've been acting so strange. I'm in. As for ruling I'm no politician give me control of the provinces trade and I should be able to keep the coffers full. As far as 'Build' goes It would make sense for me to be able to defend myself without weapons. It is a Bit suspicious to walk into a deal carrying weapons.

Spoiler
    Show
    Going to end up in Master of Nine probably take a few levels of shadowsun Ninja as it progresses my unarmed strike
    Last edited by Tantaburs; 2012-11-14 at 05:09 PM.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Banned

"For my own build, I don't know of any classes that are specialized for rulers or leaders, so I'll probably keep building up the classes I've already got, and work my skills and feats to specialize as a leader. Maybe take a level or two of mystic theurge long-term. The class needs redemption after Tsukiko."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Try to the courtier from Rokugan campaign setting. It's 3rd party, but you should be able to talk the other player's into letting it, seeing how it's WOTC licensed and made by an actual company. Take it out to OOC.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    Hmm leaving the city would give me a reason to be oblivious about everything and preparing to begin setting up shop in a new province gives a believable lie about why I've been acting so strange. I'm in. As for ruling I'm no politician give me control of the provinces trade and I should be able to keep the coffers full.
    Lucas

"You can be the Treasurer I guess... and take your new girlfriend with you, let her have some fun too." says Lucas, first serious then teasing him a bit.

"Okay, so are we waiting for something now, or do we prepare for the Campaign from now on? We need to get some experience, both in real sense, as we know hardly anything about this world and in the leveling sense too. Getting money and equipping ourselves with magic items would be nice too, but right now we are just sitting here, talking.
    If there are no other propositions about what to do now, I propose that everyone takes a suitable task on him.

I will start crafting items to get money, and later I will be able to make some magic items for half price for you guys too...

Danil, check with the princess the details of the campaign, when, where, what backup do we have etc, you know the drill...

John, you probably can help with gathering funds just like me. You could also talk to all your merchant people and organize some trade support and cooperation for us...

Zachary, it would be good if you found some military protection for us, I suppose you can find some soldiers who would beat some 'stray dog encounter'. It would be nice if you found out something about monsters or bandits, here so we get experience, money and maybe influence from grateful citizens...

As for Tabatha and Rupert, I suppose you could try to convince someone from arcane environment to join the expedition...

We meet everyday, possibly even few times a day so we share information... unfortunately there are no cellphones nor internet here, so we need to walk a bit everyday... For meeting place, Danil's house is probably best.. being private, huge, luxurious and supplied with good wine... yes, this place is best!

Any comments or ideas?"

He says in loud voice as things went quiet for a while... he is impatient sometimes, although maybe a light kick is what this group needs...

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

20. - Top - End - #350

"Agreed. For now, let's all get back to our respective homes, we can spend the afternoon working on personal projects. I'll report to the princess tomorrow morning, and then we can meet here again tomorrow noon once I have the rest of the information. Sound good?"

Lego Ergo Sum

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Agreed. For now, let's all get back to our respective homes, we can spend the afternoon working on personal projects. I'll report to the princess tomorrow morning, and then we can meet here again tomorrow noon once I have the rest of the information. Sound good?"
    Lucas only nods to this and looks at others expectantly.

Spoiler
    Show

What hour is it now?

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

22. - Top - End - #352
    Banned

Lucas only nods to this and looks at others expectantly.

Spoiler
    Show

What hour is it now?
    Early evening, probably around 7 pm in earth time.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lucas

"You can be the Treasurer I guess... and take your new girlfriend with you, let her have some fun too." says Lucas, first serious then teasing him a bit.

"Okay, so are we waiting for something now, or do we prepare for the Campaign from now on? We need to get some experience, both in real sense, as we know hardly anything about this world and in the leveling sense too. Getting money and equipping ourselves with magic items would be nice too, but right now we are just sitting here, talking.
    If there are no other propositions about what to do now, I propose that everyone takes a suitable task on him.

I will start crafting items to get money, and later I will be able to make some magic items for half price for you guys too...

Danil, check with the princess the details of the campaign, when, where, what backup do we have etc, you know the drill...

John, you probably can help with gathering funds just like me. You could also talk to all your merchant people and organize some trade support and cooperation for us...

Zachary, it would be good if you found some military protection for us, I suppose you can find some soldiers who would beat some 'stray dog encounter'. It would be nice if you found out something about monsters or bandits, here so we get experience, money and maybe influence from grateful citizens...

As for Tabatha and Rupert, I suppose you could try to convince someone from arcane environment to join the expedition...

We meet everyday, possibly even few times a day so we share information... unfortunately there are no cellphones nor internet here, so we need to walk a bit everyday... For meeting place, Danil's house is probably best.. being private, huge, luxurious and supplied with good wine... yes, this place is best!

Any comments or ideas?"

He says in loud voice as things went quiet for a while... he is impatient sometimes, although maybe a light kick is what this group needs...
    Sounds good I gotta get going or Mana will kill me. Well at least I have a good lie to tell her now.

John Leaves Danil's home and returns to the merchants guild.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Banned

Sounds good I gotta get going or Mana will kill me. Well at least I have a good lie to tell her now.

John Leaves Danil's home and returns to the merchants guild.
    Mana is sitting there waiting for you with a worried look on her face. "Finally." She says as you walk in the door. "Are we going to have our talk now?"

25. - Top - End - #355
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mana is sitting there waiting for you with a worried look on her face. "Finally." She says as you walk in the door. "Are we going to have our talk now?"
    Okay this could end badly

Come to my room we can talk there

John walks up the stairs to his room and waits for Mana to follow him. Once she enter he motions towards the chair at his desk.

Have a seat. Now how much do you know about the Takuga Region?

26. - Top - End - #356
    Banned

Okay this could end badly

Come to my room we can talk there

John walks up the stairs to his room and waits for Mana to follow him. Once she enter he motions towards the chair at his desk.

Have a seat. Now how much do you know about the Takuga Region?
    "Takuga is also referred to as 'Death Country', there is only one way in and out. The Shinako gate, guarded by the Mouri family. It's a wasteland, it could be workable if one was to put a ton of money and time into it, but the majority of that money would be spent fighting off the monsters that live there. The demons that comes from a portal to hell that exists in it. The Hojo clan has been attempting to use magic to seal the portal, but it's too large, and every time they do seal it, it eventually reopens."

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

Seeing that John left, Lucas no longer feels obliged to wait... and he wanted to start few things as fast as possible.
    "Okay, I will be going too. If you need me just message me... with a letter or something, I will probably be near Psionic Guild. If it is nothing urgent, then we will meet anyway tomorrow... 6 pm is fine, I assume?" He waits only a short while for answers, and manifests Mindlink on others, so if there is something they really needed to tell him today they would have a chance to do so.

He leaves the building and walks towards the guild. If he is able to get someone working at this time, or has access to materials, he starts crafting and does so, till 11pm, when he goes to get some sleep. He had a lot to do tomorrow.

Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't want to go too much forward in time, so these are actions till midnight. He did 4 hours of crafting, which means that he could finish tomorrow, or , if you allow it, work longer to get benefits of two days work.

Is there anyone who wish to speak to him as he gets back to Guild?

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

28. - Top - End - #358

As the others leave, Danil turns to the bookshelves lining his room.

Evidently the other me loved books too. These just might save my bacon.

Danil spends much of the next couple of hours poring through tomes of history, lore, and science, as well as eagerly sampling the gourmet platter of legends and literature he had appearantly collected.

Lego Ergo Sum

29. - Top - End - #359
    Banned

~Lexin~

You are given a few hellos, and reminded it's back to work tomorrow. Almost everyone is tired out from the festival, and most people are just causally chatting before bed.

You do 4 hours worth of work. Half of a day's value.

~Reader~

You find a large amount of interesting things. There is little information on Takuga mainly due to the fact there's no history to it. It's just a wasteland that is hell on earth. Eventually you come across some data that it used to be Hojo family land, but they abandoned it after it was clear they were making no process, leaving keeping the gate closed to the Mouri family, who although not as magically inclined, are powerful warriors and more than capable of taking care of any attacks on the gate.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Takuga is also referred to as 'Death Country', there is only one way in and out. The Shinako gate, guarded by the Mouri family. It's a wasteland, it could be workable if one was to put a ton of money and time into it, but the majority of that money would be spent fighting off the monsters that live there. The demons that comes from a portal to hell that exists in it. The Hojo clan has been attempting to use magic to seal the portal, but it's too large, and every time they do seal it, it eventually reopens."

The Princess wants it made into a new Province, New Ruler new everything. The man I was talking to earlier was Baron Danil Drome. He is leading the expedition and has asked me to come along. I would have full control of the treasury and trade in and out of the province. I want you to come with me.