New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

Lucas

"Yes... recruiting one of the scholars..." He says absentmindedly.

'So... we need Mori... aww, I guess he will still be angry...' He thinks in the same time.

"...I think we know just the right person...
    If that's all, we should probably go to prepare for this ... task..."

He says, stopping for a second before saying the last word. ('I almost said "quest"...')
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-11-18 at 06:01 AM.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

2. - Top - End - #452
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    Lucas

"Yes... recruiting one of the scholars..." He says absentmindedly.

'So... we need Mori... aww, I guess he will still be angry...' He thinks in the same time.

"...I think we know just the right person...
    If that's all, we should probably go to prepare for this ... task..."

He says, stopping for a second before saying the last word. ('I almost said "quest"...')
    She finishes off her tea and gives you guys the leftover biscuits from the gathering, she even takes you to the door and says she has faith in your success. She smiles at you leaving you all on the streets of Oda, leaving you to figure out a plan.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

"Okay, guys. What's the plan, then?
    I guess now we should find Mori ... apologize, I guess, and ask him if he would come on suicide mission with us.
    But other than that, I am not sure... do we buy horses and set off?
    Nice enough, when do we start though? In a week... tomorrow?"

He sounds a bit like talking to himself, but he actually expects an answer...
    Spoiler
    Show

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

4. - Top - End - #454
    Banned

Lucas

I guess now we should find Mori ... apologize, I guess, and ask him if he would come on suicide mission with us.

Spoiler
    Show
    The princess gave you no time limit, although she would like you to get it done quickly. She realizes that the portal isn't going anywhere, and so far Takuga is stable under Mouri's assaults. However the quicker you get it done, the more she'll probably reward you. Of course the slower you get it done, the more you'll be prepared to take it on.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Bugbear in the Playground

Danil "I think we should start on this adventure as soon as possible. There's very little we can do here to gain the extra xp we'll need to win this, so I would suggest that we jump into battle as soon as can be managed."
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

"We probably won't get experience here... but we would get some money and maybe help.
    Also, I wouldn't be surprised if John needed some more time to talk to his girlfriend... and Zach to his squire and maybe other knights..."
    He says to answer that.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

7. - Top - End - #457
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lucas

"We probably won't get experience here... but we would get some money and maybe help.
    Also, I wouldn't be surprised if John needed some more time to talk to his girlfriend... and Zach to his squire and maybe other knights..."
    He says to answer that.
    John

I'll talk to Mana tonight. Oh before I forget Mana asked who was coming with me on the expedition so I told her. I don;t know what she needed your names for but just a heads up. Oh and she was with what I can only assume was a vampire

8. - Top - End - #458

"Are you sure Mana was acting on her own initiative? I know vampires have mind-bending powers."
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    "Are you sure Mana was acting on her own initiative? I know vampires have mind-bending powers."
    John

I think so. The girl she was with seemed fairly harmless.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

"Umm... vampire? ... but not the sparkling kind, I hope? ... If yes, we need to get some wooden stakes. Fast." He says with 100% seriousness.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

11. - Top - End - #461
    Firbolg in the Playground

Lucas

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm at a bit of a loss. Considering the logistical issues we are facing and our relative lack of knowledge, I wish we had an NPC we could load these tasks off on."

Lucas

He says to answer that.
    "Well after the match I haven't even seen my squire and the other knights are avoiding me like the Bubonic Plague. You'll have just me until I can regain my honor."

Spoiler
    Show
    It looks like we are down to three active players? Ehh, we are capable enough.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    "I'm at a bit of a loss. Considering the logistical issues we are facing and our relative lack of knowledge, I wish we had an NPC we could load these tasks off on."
    "...You mean getting horses? If it is basic knowledge about this world, then Loiosh is quite capable... and if you mean more advanced knowledge, Mori would be able to help us, being scholar and all... or he could at least show us where to look for a suitable person..."
    He says with slightly confused expression.

Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    "Well after the match I haven't even seen my squire and the other knights are avoiding me like the Bubonic Plague. You'll have just me until I can regain my honor."

Spoiler
    Show
    It looks like we are down to three active players? Ehh, we are capable enough.
    "Ow... that's a shame. The squire would know how to tend to horses on the way...
    Do you think you could convince him to come back to you? You are on important mission for the princess after all..."

Spoiler
    Show

I think there is 4 of us. We could look for 1-2 more, it is Mori's choice.
    ... although I don't think we have to get someone else right now, especially as there is a chance that Elbeyon will still post...

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

13. - Top - End - #463
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lucas

"Umm... vampire? ... but not the sparkling kind, I hope? ... If yes, we need to get some wooden stakes. Fast." He says with 100% seriousness.
    John

No sparkles She seemed pretty young.

14. - Top - End - #464

"Nothing to be done about it now. I can wait if the rest of you need time to gather resources. I suppose I can do a bit of business and poking around in the interval too."

Lego Ergo Sum

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas
    "Ehh, okay... no straight answer... I see...
    Okay, I will go see Mori, you try to talk to your squires, girlfriends, non-sparkly vampires ... hmm Danil, you talk to your servants I guess... we might need someone to cook for us on the way. After the whole talking thing we gather back at Danil's place... let's say around 7pm and decide whether we stay here for a longer time or not."
    He says, as impatient as always, and walks towards the university.

Inside he looks for Mori.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

16. - Top - End - #466
    Banned

Lucas
    Okay, I will go see Mori, you try to talk to your squires, girlfriends, non-sparkly vampires ... hmm Danil, you talk to your servants I guess... we might need someone to cook for us on the way. After the whole talking thing we gather back at Danil's place... let's say around 7pm and decide whether we stay here for a longer time or not."

You find Patricia....talking to Mana and the vampire having tea. This could be bad....

Patricia is wearing the scholar' uniform from FFXI. The female version of course. Her blonde hair almost looking out of place in he scholar uniform, then again that might just be the fact that in the real world blondes are stereotyped as stupid.

The conversation seems sort of serious, as if Patricia is explaining something to them.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas
    (Lucas has never seen Mana nor the vampire girl as far as I know, and his actions are based on these assumption)

He walks closer towards them, tries to listen to the conversation for a while and if noticed, or if there is a wide enough gap to say something without interrupting anyone he would get Mori/Paticia's attention and say:
    "Hello there Mori, can we talk for a minute?"

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

18. - Top - End - #468
    Banned

Lucas
    (Lucas has never seen Mana nor the vampire girl as far as I know, and his actions are based on these assumption)

He walks closer towards them, tries to listen to the conversation for a while and if noticed, or if there is a wide enough gap to say something without interrupting anyone he would get Mori/Paticia's attention and say:
    "Hello there Mori, can we talk for a minute?"
    You overhear the fact that Patricia isn't beating around the corners. He's basically telling them what he theorized happened with the Grimoire.

Patricia looks up at you. "Oh hey Lucas..it's Patricia now. What do you need?"

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

"Okay...Patricia, sorry if I mix it up from time to time...
    First, sorry for making fun of you. Second, we have a mission from princess, involving traveling around whole kingdom... and we need someone who knows a lot about lords and their lands. Do you want to come with us?"
    He says, trying not to worry that the whole magic Grimoire thing is no longer a secret thing...

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

20. - Top - End - #470
    Banned

Lucas

"Okay...Patricia, sorry if I mix it up from time to time...
    First, sorry for making fun of you. Second, we have a mission from princess, involving traveling around whole kingdom... and we need someone who knows a lot about lords and their lands. Do you want to come with us?"
    He says, trying not to worry that the whole magic Grimoire thing is no longer a secret thing...
    Patricia looks at her feet. "Alright. I'll help, but I need to do some preparing first." You notice "her" movements are getting more feminine and graceful. You're not sure if this is the effect of the grimoire, the chemicals in hir body or just the fact he's growing used to the new standards.

Mana turns to you. "Excuse me, I have someone I need to go slap across the face."

The vampire. "Yeah me too, stupid jerks lying to us."

They both exit.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

He looks at the women with a expression saying 'what the hell was it all about' changing after a second into 'I still don't know what is going on, but I do know someone is in trouble...'
    He turns to Mori/Patricia.
    "How much time do you need for preparations? We could set off as quickly as tomorrow... or wait a week or so. We were going to decide at Danil's place around 7 pm."

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

22. - Top - End - #472
    Banned

Lucas

He looks at the women with a expression saying 'what the hell was it all about' changing after a second into 'I still don't know what is going on, but I do know someone is in trouble...'
    He turns to Mori/Patricia.
    "How much time do you need for preparations? We could set off as quickly as tomorrow... or wait a week or so. We were going to decide at Danil's place around 7 pm."
    "I need to do research. But I also need advice. Where are we going? Why do you need a scholar? What information do you need?"

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas
    "We are supposed to conquer Takuga, sealing the portal to hell there.
    Before that though, we need allies and resources. So the princess wants us to go around and meet all the lords of this kingdom, to ask for support. I think we will start from the ... the one starting with T and with dragon princess there. I don't remember the full name.
    We need a scholar because we need the information about lords, where to find them and how to convince them to help us. That's most of it... Also if we get to create new kingdom in Takuga, I guess you could start an university there, or something if you want..."
    He says, still a bit distracted because of the other women storming off...
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-11-19 at 08:46 AM.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

24. - Top - End - #474
    Banned

Lucas
    "We are supposed to conquer Takuga, sealing the portal to hell there.
    Before that though, we need allies and resources. So the princess wants us to go around and meet all the lords of this kingdom, to ask for support. I think we will start from the ... the one starting with T and with dragon princess there. I don't remember the full name.
    We need a scholar because we need the information about lords, where to find them and how to convince them to help us. That's most of it... Also if we get to create new kingdom in Takuga, I guess you could start an university there, or something if you want..."
    He says, still a bit distracted because of the other women storming off...
    "So you need data on Takuga, and all the Lords of Rosewood, and we're starting with Tokugawa. Got it. Give me some time to do some research, dear." I stand up and walk off, not realizing that I just called a man dear. It looks like something weird is going on with Patricia.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

He shivers a bit at the 'dear' part, calls after Patricia "7 pm at Danil's house!" and walks away.

He does more crafting when he reaches the Guild and around 7 pm goes to the meeting. (Unless there is someone who wants something from him in this time)

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

26. - Top - End - #476

When Danil gets home, he calls together the handful of servants he has in the dining room and begins.

"My people, I have come to a crossroads in fate, and you must either follow me or turn aside. Princess Teru has charged me and certain others to gather forces from the Great Houses, and with these forces to go forth into the lands of Takuga, there to forever and finally seal the portal that allows the servants of the Adversary to torment this land. That done, Takuga shall become a new province, equal to any other, and I shall be its lord. I know well this quest is perilous, and I shall not command your aid upon it. But I ask it. I do not ask you to be heroes, merely to come, to serve, to cook, to clean, to do what you have always done so very well. I ask you now, ARE YOU WITH ME!!"

Lego Ergo Sum

27. - Top - End - #477
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    When Danil gets home, he calls together the handful of servants he has in the dining room and begins.

"My people, I have come to a crossroads in fate, and you must either follow me or turn aside. Princess Teru has charged me and certain others to gather forces from the Great Houses, and with these forces to go forth into the lands of Takuga, there to forever and finally seal the portal that allows the servants of the Adversary to torment this land. That done, Takuga shall become a new province, equal to any other, and I shall be its lord. I know well this quest is perilous, and I shall not command your aid upon it. But I ask it. I do not ask you to be heroes, merely to come, to serve, to cook, to clean, to do what you have always done so very well. I ask you now, ARE YOU WITH ME!!"
    Most of them are questioning your sanity. Asking about Takuga....Takuga is a scary place, most commoners have no place in it. A few agree however out of loyalty.

28. - Top - End - #478

"Thank you. Thank you so very much. If I succeed, I shall see you well rewarded for your courage and your loyalty."

Lego Ergo Sum

29. - Top - End - #479
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lucas

Seems like a good plan.

John returns to the Merchants Guild

Now I just need to figure out why mana is acting all strange today, although I guess it is kinda hypocritical for me to say someone else is acting strange

30. - Top - End - #480
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    Seems like a good plan.

John returns to the Merchants Guild

Now I just need to figure out why mana is acting all strange today, although I guess it is kinda hypocritical for me to say someone else is acting strange
    Mana walks up to you after you arrive. "So read any good books lately? Any kind of...say...Grimoires?"