New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Banned

Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    Lucas

"Mana, do you think that you could use the salt information to rise us more funds for the campaign?
    We have quite a bit of unused funds."
    He says to her.

To the others "Are we doing something about the undead? It might be hard to get rid of these on our own... and they don't seem to bother anyone." he adds after sharing all the news.
    Mana: "We will need to find a source for salt first. I recall that Imagawa is next door. They are heavy into nature-druid type of living, so many of them do not eat much meat. It is likely that they will have an excess of salt from their border to the ocean."

Kolth frowns at the undead news. "It bothers me." She says softly. "I have had many friends who were vassals in the game. Even if they aren't hurting anyone, they are disrupting the fallen, and insulting Tokugawa's people. NOVA's people."

She nods as she says the last line. She makes a good point, taking out this problem could be used as extra leverage against Nova Ryu.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I agree. These things are evil and definetely need to go away. I say we go after them."
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

He nods after hearing this "Do you want to look for some backup or do we try on our own first?" he says.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

4. - Top - End - #574

"We can probably take them on our own. We've got 4 level 3 PCs, and I'm a cleric, so I can turn them."

(whispers)

"Plus, more xp."
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show
    Do we have any information, how far is it, how many undead there are, how to find the place?

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

6. - Top - End - #576

Danil asks the chatty dragon for information on these zombies.

Lego Ergo Sum

7. - Top - End - #577
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    Danil asks the chatty dragon for information on these zombies.
    They're in a graveyard to the south. Mostly weak human zombies, dragons generally are made in armour. Plus the corpses are too big to bury really, and many of them are next to impossible to burn.

They think you'll be able to take them, although you'll probably still want to be careful, since there's obviously a necromancer running things behind the scenes.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Then let's do it!" says Lucas. He leaves luggage in the town and starts walking towards the graveyard. Waiting for a short while to see who is coming with him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is Mana or Kolth going?

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

9. - Top - End - #579

"So, do you want to go after the zombies today or after a night's rest and refreshing our spells?"

Lego Ergo Sum

10. - Top - End - #580
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Did you use any today? I can go as I am..." he says turning back.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

11. - Top - End - #581
    Banned

"Then let's do it!" says Lucas. He leaves luggage in the town and starts walking towards the graveyard. Waiting for a short while to see who is coming with him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is Mana or Kolth going?
    Mana and Kolth are not warriors, they are merchants. Not exactly made for combat. Then again John might be able to talk Mana into coming, considering her major attraction to him.

12. - Top - End - #582

I'm coming!

Lego Ergo Sum

13. - Top - End - #583
    Dwarf in the Playground

John

I see no reason to leave the threat unanswered. If we end up in over our heads we can always retreat. Zombies aren't exactly known for there speed.

John turns to Mana and Kolth

It may be wise for you two to remain here. It would pain me if anything happened to either of you

14. - Top - End - #584
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    John

I see no reason to leave the threat unanswered. If we end up in over our heads we can always retreat. Zombies aren't exactly known for there speed.

John turns to Mana and Kolth

It may be wise for you two to remain here. It would pain me if anything happened to either of you
    Mana hugs you tightly. "It would pain me if anything happened to you too. Please come back for me...."

(Btw if this ever gets awkward feel free to tell me in OOC, I'm not that great with romance).

She breaks the hug. "Good luck."

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas

He rolls his eyes almost muttering "Get a room.", but he managed to bite his tongue in time. (Still it might have shown on his face)

"Are we finally going? Zombies won't destroy themselves without our help. ... and after few steps... If movies are any indication in this case, at least..." he adds more quietly.
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-12-01 at 05:58 AM.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

16. - Top - End - #586

"Yes, we're going."

Presumably, we arrive at the graveyard without anything else happening.

Lego Ergo Sum

17. - Top - End - #587
    Banned

"Yes, we're going."

Presumably, we arrive at the graveyard without anything else happening.
    You reach the graveyard and find it almost empty. However you spot an open tomb that you hear noises and a faint glow from an every burning torch coming from. It's likely that whoever is causing the trouble is underground and is either waiting for you, or has no idea you're here. Two skeleton warriors stand at the entrance, which is about the worst thing a necromancer can do as it screams "Here I am". Someone doesn't know subtlety.

18. - Top - End - #588

Danil draws his sword and starts walking towards the skeletons.

(If they don't react until he gets within striking range)
    Spoiler
    Show
    In one swift motion Danil draws Veramorte and swings at the first skeleton, Veramorte blazing with holy fires.

[OOC]

Attack roll (1d20+5)[20]

Regular damage if I hit (1d8+5)[6](11)

And holy damage (2d6)[9]

[/OOC]

(If they attack and end turn within my striking and/or moving+striking range, I take the same action)

Lego Ergo Sum

19. - Top - End - #589
    Banned

When you get within 60 feet of one of them, it immediately charges you (readied action order).

Your attack takes it down, however it gets first attack.

(1d20+1)[6]

(1d6+1)[5]

20. - Top - End - #590

The creature's bony claws catch harmlessly on Danil's chain shirt, and then Veramorte slashes through its skull. In a blast of white fire, the skeleton explodes into a spray of tiny chips of bone.

[OOC] Now the rest of the party is up. Hope you didn't mind my description add-in. BTW, what's the second sketon doing?[/OOC]

Lego Ergo Sum

21. - Top - End - #591
    Banned

The creature's bony claws catch harmlessly on Danil's chain shirt, and then Veramorte slashes through its skull. In a blast of white fire, the skeleton explodes into a spray of tiny chips of bone.

[OOC] Now the rest of the party is up. Hope you didn't mind my description add-in. BTW, what's the second sketon doing?[/OOC]
    You are not within 60 feet of the second skeleton, it is eyeing you, clearly with the same order waiting. It is likely if you attack it at range it will try to close.

22. - Top - End - #592

Nothing more I can do this turn, so everyone else is up.

Lego Ergo Sum

23. - Top - End - #593
    Dwarf in the Playground

John

John begins to approach the remaining skeleton as he approaches he seems to fade into shadows.

Skeletons. I'll need some tricks to get past their DR

Once the skeleton is in range John strikes it with all the force he can muster

Spoiler
    Show
    Manuvers Readied:
    Mountain Hammer
    Wolf Fang Strike
    Cloak of Deception
    Shadow Blade Technique

Current Stance: Child of Shadow (Concealment as long as I move 10ft a round)

Attack Action. Mountain Hammer: Deals 2d6 extra damage bypasses DR and Hardness

Attack Roll

(1d20+6)[17]

Damage: Unarmed Strike (1d6+5)[9]
    Mountain Hammer: (2d6)[8]

24. - Top - End - #594
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    John

John begins to approach the remaining skeleton as he approaches he seems to fade into shadows.

Skeletons. I'll need some tricks to get past their DR

Once the skeleton is in range John strikes it with all the force he can muster

Spoiler
    Show
    Manuvers Readied:
    Mountain Hammer
    Wolf Fang Strike
    Cloak of Deception
    Shadow Blade Technique

Current Stance: Child of Shadow (Concealment as long as I move 10ft a round)

Attack Action. Mountain Hammer: Deals 2d6 extra damage bypasses DR and Hardness

Attack Roll

[roll0]

Damage: Unarmed Strike [roll1]
    Mountain Hammer: [roll2]
    Seeing how the skeleton stats have no skills, I'm just going to assume it doesn't see you and you shatter it, as I'm too lazy to actually look up if they can make spot checks.

The guards are down, but it's likely the noise has alerted the person downstairs to your presence.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas
    Spoiler
    Show
    No initiative or anything?

Lucas gets closer to see what's going on. He prepares action to manifest Astral Construct if there are any more challenging enemies (more than 1 human skeleton).

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

26. - Top - End - #596
    Banned

Lucas
    Spoiler
    Show
    No initiative or anything?

Lucas gets closer to see what's going on. He prepares action to manifest Astral Construct if there are any more challenging enemies (more than 1 human skeleton).
    There's no one there for you to fight yet. But sure roll one if you want.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show
    I meant earlier. Unless you just thought it wasn't necessary with a bunch of skeletons...
    For future fight (1d20+2)[20]

Lucas slowly walks closer to the tomb which was guarded by skeletons and looks inside.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

28. - Top - End - #598
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    I meant earlier. Unless you just thought it wasn't necessary with a bunch of skeletons...
    For future fight [roll0]

Lucas slowly walks closer to the tomb which was guarded by skeletons and looks inside.
    The tomb is lit by everburning torches. Apparently whoever's been here has been here for a while. You can't see any more guards at the bottom of the stairs, but it appears like the tomb is quite large. And the necromancer is either far away, or very quiet.

29. - Top - End - #599

Danil climbs down into the tomb, Veramorte at the ready.

Lego Ergo Sum

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Danil climbs down into the tomb, Veramorte at the ready.
    ... and Lucas follows (unless something just exploded when Danil went inside).

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur