New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Banned

Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

You slip into the tome and notice most of the coffins and such have been emptied. You hear a voice from the back room. A woman's voice.

Make a listen check to hear what she's saying.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen (1d20+4)[24]
    Psicrystal Listen (1d20+6)[7]
    ... a rock is more perceptive than me...
    Edit: Or not...
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-12-02 at 08:47 AM.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

3. - Top - End - #603
    Banned

She is talking about a type of mind draining oil she's made, and how it will allow her to make powerful undead and then drain them of their free will, and therefore control them easier.

You hear her putting up vials on shelves, you're not sure if she's stupid, bluffing you, or actually doesn't know you're here. The room is on the other side of the tome, and it seems she has most of her skeletons elsewhere, as you don't see any of them. Maybe she ran out of bodies.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Bugbear in the Playground

I got a 16 (taking ten). Do I hear that?
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    I got a 16 (taking ten). Do I hear that?
    Yes you do. Anyone who makes DC 15, hears it.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Take a 10 on listen for a result of 17
    Take a full round action using adaptive style to rechoose manuvers

Manuvers Readied:
    Shadow Jaunt
    Cloak of Deception
    Mountain Hammer
    Wolf Fang Strike

John follows to others onto the tomb. After hearing the Necromancer in the distance he takes a moment to determine how he can best tackle the foe.

7. - Top - End - #607

Danil quietly chants, "The name of the Lord is a strong tower." A white chi-rho flares into existence on his forehead. Then he charges past the tomb, yelling "In the Name of The Lord God Almighty!" A similar chi-rho flares up above his head. The others instantly feel new hope and strength flood their veins. He charges at the necromancer, Veramorte brandished.

[OOC]Bless and Protection From Evil.[/OOC]
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Banned

Danil quietly chants, "The name of the Lord is a strong tower." A white chi-rho flares into existence on his forehead. Then he charges past the tomb, yelling "In the Name of The Lord God Almighty!" A similar chi-rho flares up above his head. The others instantly feel new hope and strength flood their veins. He charges at the necromancer, Veramorte brandished.

[OOC]Bless and Protection From Evil.[/OOC]
    The necromancer turns around. "HEY HEY! NOT IN HERE! YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT THIS STUFF DOES TO LIVING PEOPLE!"

She powers her hand with negative energy, and stands ready to attack you with her charnal touch.

Roll for who goes first.

(1d20+2)[3]

Wow...natural one.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-12-03 at 06:50 AM.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Surrender! On your knees! Hands on your head!" Lucas shouts focusing on the necromancer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Suggestion DC 18 will

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

10. - Top - End - #610

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[7]

Danil raises his hands. A familiar surge of skrizz energy erupts through his hands and a bolt of azure light springs from his fingers, slamming the necromancer in the chest.

Versus

Danil charges forward, swinging Veramorte.

Spoiler
    Show
    On my turn, cast Magic Missile for (1d20+1)[10] damage unless the necromancer has already used her readied action. Then attack with Veramorte, (1d20+6)[21] attack, (1d8+5)[13] slashing damage, ](2d6)[11] holy damage

Lego Ergo Sum

11. - Top - End - #611
    Banned

(1d20+8)[17]

Check

She gets to her knees and surrenders under the magical compulsion. However the vampire spawn she just finished gets up and attack you next.

[roll]1d20+5[/roll]

[roll]1d6+4[/roll] + 1 negative level
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-12-03 at 07:16 AM.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Banned

(1d20+5)[22]

(1d6+4)[6] + 1 negative level

13. - Top - End - #613

Who is the vampire attacking?

Lego Ergo Sum

14. - Top - End - #614
    Banned

Who is the vampire attacking?
    Whoever is closest to the necromancer....so I guess you.

15. - Top - End - #615

Do I get to attack it first? (It didn't roll initiative.)

Lego Ergo Sum

16. - Top - End - #616
    Banned

Do I get to attack it first? (It didn't roll initiative.)
    You used your turn. You attacked the necromancer.

Actually since you attacked her..shouldn't she get a second save against the suggestion...

17. - Top - End - #617

And I don't get to change my action based on what Lexin did? Seems like I ought to be able to, since I certainly could if this were a real game. Just saying.

Lego Ergo Sum

18. - Top - End - #618
    Banned

And I don't get to change my action based on what Lexin did? Seems like I ought to be able to, since I certainly could if this were a real game. Just saying.
    Doubling checking that, yes, yes you do. I thought the post order was backwards.

Sorry!

Edit: actually that damage takes down the vampire spawn.

Damn, that save-or-die screwed the whole encounter. That was a level 8 character!

Spoiler
    Show
    What I had intended for you guys to do, was to be overwhelmed by her, and bullrush her into, or throw the brain-drain chemicals at her.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-12-03 at 10:00 AM.

19. - Top - End - #619

"Lexin, could you Delve her and see if there are any other surprises around?"

Lego Ergo Sum

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't think it would go so well...

Lucas walks to the necromancer and binds her hands with a rope, although he looks out for surprises as he approaches.
    "Any more undead here?" He asks the necromancer.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

21. - Top - End - #621
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't think it would go so well...

Lucas walks to the necromancer and binds her hands with a rope, although he looks out for surprises as he approaches.
    "Any more undead here?" He asks the necromancer.
    The necromancer thinks for a second. "Yes".

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"How many and where?"

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

23. - Top - End - #623
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    "How many and where?"
    "More than Zero, In the Tomb."

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas turns to Danil "I love answers like this one..."

... and back to the necromancer
    "We are all friends here, we just want to know because we are impressed by your work." He says... focusing again.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Psionic Charm DC 18 will
    (would work unless she is an aberration, dragon, elemental, or outsider)

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

25. - Top - End - #625
    Banned

(1d20+8)[24]

Will save.

She stays silent at your comment.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-12-03 at 02:09 PM.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Would be too easy, I suppose...
    Danil, I think it would be better if we brought her to authorities before taking care of undead. One problem at the time."
    Lucas says and goes back, dragging bound and gagged necromancer, not waiting for an answer. He does wait for Danil to follow him, though. He wouldn't leave a friend alone in a tomb full of undead...

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

27. - Top - End - #627

Danil follows, but keeps a careful eye over his shoulder for more undead.

Lego Ergo Sum

28. - Top - End - #628
    Banned

Lee meets you outside the tome.

"Hey guys. Who's your new friend? Looks like she's into bondage..." He grins a perverted grin. With his attitude it's easy to forget this guy is a metallic dragon.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Yeah, something like that. Hey, do you know any local guards etc? We found a stray necromancer and thought we would bring her home... I mean to the justice..." Says Lucas in a cheerful tone.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

30. - Top - End - #630

"And there are still some undead down there, but we thought it was better to get her safely locked up first. Did you know she's keeping vampires down there?"

Lego Ergo Sum