New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

Danil shrugs and orders a small jug of mead.
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Dwarf in the Playground

John turns and walks off muttering to himself.

Why do I always seem to have my foot sovereign glued in my mouth around that girl...

John leaves the bar and begins to walk around town. Not looking for anything in particular just walking and clearing his head.

3. - Top - End - #663

"Well, did you wish for a girlfriend like that? If not, it's probably the Grimoire's fault. We know it has a peculiar sense of humor."
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    John turns and walks off muttering to himself.

Why do I always seem to have my foot sovereign glued in my mouth around that girl...

John leaves the bar and begins to walk around town. Not looking for anything in particular just walking and clearing his head.
    You notice a girl in chain shirt and with pistol at her side looking over a map with her partner.

"You can't attack the royal university, that's suicide, everyone will turn on you!"

"Look, the person that helped take down Lord Vyce is there, and our master wants her. We sneak in knock her out, and bring her back here. It's illegal to attack someone for game purposes in Tokugawa, so it'll act as a sanctuary."

5. - Top - End - #665

Danil (in Draconic):
    Spoiler
    Show

"Wait, the university? in Oda? Are you talking about Patricia?"

Lego Ergo Sum

6. - Top - End - #666
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    Danil (in Draconic):
    Spoiler
    Show

"Wait, the university? in Oda? Are you talking about Patricia?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Are you even with John outside of the bar?

7. - Top - End - #667

Oops, I thought these people were in the bar.

Lego Ergo Sum

8. - Top - End - #668
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    You notice a girl in chain shirt and with pistol at her side looking over a map with her partner.

"You can't attack the royal university, that's suicide, everyone will turn on you!"

"Look, the person that helped take down Lord Vyce is there, and our master wants her. We sneak in knock her out, and bring her back here. It's illegal to attack someone for game purposes in Tokugawa, so it'll act as a sanctuary."
    University... The game... are they talking about Mori? I need to get closer to get more information.

John attempts to get closer to the pair without being noticed

Spoiler
    Show

Take a 10 on both move silently and hide

Move Silently: 19
    Hide: 22

9. - Top - End - #669
    Banned

University... The game... are they talking about Mori? I need to get closer to get more information.

John attempts to get closer to the pair without being noticed

Spoiler
    Show

Take a 10 on both move silently and hide

Move Silently: 19
    Hide: 22
    They don't notice you and keep going over the plan.

"But we don't even know who she is....also she might not be a vassal. It's illegal to attack civilians."

"If she is a civilian we'll just ask her a few questions, maybe beat her up a little if she doesn't talk. I mean how well defended could she be. The royal university doesn't train magic users."

10. - Top - End - #670
    Dwarf in the Playground

Unsure of the strength of the two civilians John is unwilling to attempt to subdue them alone.

Damn, I need to tell the others but if i leave then I might lose these two. I need to know where they are staying before i get the others.

John waits until they have finished there conversation picking up as much of it as he can hear

Spoiler
    Show
    Take a 10 on listen for a 18

Once they have finished he follows them until he can find where they are staying

Spoiler
    Show
    Continue taking a 10 on move silently and hide

11. - Top - End - #671
    Banned

Unsure of the strength of the two civilians John is unwilling to attempt to subdue them alone.

Damn, I need to tell the others but if i leave then I might lose these two. I need to know where they are staying before i get the others.

John waits until they have finished there conversation picking up as much of it as he can hear

Spoiler
    Show
    Take a 10 on listen for a 18

Once they have finished he follows them until he can find where they are staying

Spoiler
    Show
    Continue taking a 10 on move silently and hide
    "We better head back to the inn. Let's go." They pack up and run to the inn, heading in and paying for a luxury room before heading upstairs.

12. - Top - End - #672
    Dwarf in the Playground

"We better head back to the inn. Let's go." They pack up and run to the inn, heading in and paying for a luxury room before heading upstairs.
    John walks over to where Lucas and Danil were sitting.

"I think those two who just walked in are planning to attack the royal academy. Mori might be in danger.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Banned

John walks over to where Lucas and Danil were sitting.

"I think those two who just walked in are planning to attack the royal academy. Mori might be in danger.
    Lee (who followed Reader back) perks up at this. "Patricia's in danger huh...well I'm not going to stay here and let that happen. My base of operation is in Oda anyways. If you want I can go back."

14. - Top - End - #674

"Any clue how powerful they are? I could challenge them to a duel."

Lego Ergo Sum

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Judging from where we are right now, they might be dragons... I don't think you would win a duel with a dragon Danil..." Lucas says rolling his eyes.

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

16. - Top - End - #676
    Dwarf in the Playground

They mentioned someone named Lord Vyce. Do you have any idea who that is Lee?

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Me? No idea. Loiosh?"
    He asks as he repeats the question to Loiosh via telepathy

Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge:
    Local (1d20+10)[27]
    History (1d20+10)[28]
    Nobility (1d20+10)[15]

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

18. - Top - End - #678
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    "Me? No idea. Loiosh?"
    He asks as he repeats the question to Loiosh via telepathy
    Roll a knowledge (arcana) check.

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Didn't expect this one...
    (1d20+10)[16]

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

20. - Top - End - #680
    Banned

Didn't expect this one...
    [roll0]
    Lord vyce is a dragon. An arrogant one at that.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

They mentioned someone named Lord Vyce. Do you have any idea who that is Lee?
    "From what Loiosh knows... Only that he is a dragon, a typical one to that."
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-12-09 at 01:28 PM.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

22. - Top - End - #682
    Banned

"From what Loiosh knows... Only that he is a dragon, a typical one to that."
    Lee speaks up. "Lord Vyce is a dragon situated in the Iga family's area. I didn't know where he was until I happened to stumble across Patricia, who told me. I sent my forces and managed to take a fair amount of his resources."

He nods. "So basically this is my fault. Let me handle it."

23. - Top - End - #683
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lee speaks up. "Lord Vyce is a dragon situated in the Iga family's area. I didn't know where he was until I happened to stumble across Patricia, who told me. I sent my forces and managed to take a fair amount of his resources."

He nods. "So basically this is my fault. Let me handle it."
    Im not sure if they were working for this "Lord Vyce" or someone else. They were most likely after Patricia. Would you have anyway of knowing if they were human or dragon?

24. - Top - End - #684
    Banned

Im not sure if they were working for this "Lord Vyce" or someone else. They were most likely after Patricia. Would you have anyway of knowing if they were human or dragon?
    "They wouldn't be vassals if they were dragon. Plus dragons aren't allowed to be pro-active in the game. A dragon is only allowed to fight if they're directly attacked. No, those two are either vassals to another dragon, or just simple bounty hunters. She had a pistol...a lot of bounty hunters use Tangshima technology. So that's my guess."

25. - Top - End - #685

"I still have a feeling this is more than it appears. I've still got most of my Sorceror spells for the day. If we all work together, we've got a good chance against them."

Lego Ergo Sum

26. - Top - End - #686
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"We could try." Lucas says with a shrug "It is not like we could get ourselves killed..." he adds with slight hint of irony...

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

27. - Top - End - #687

"I'd just prefer to fight them now rather than have them kidnap Pat and...EEWWW!!!" ()

"...Uh, kidnap Pat and have us have to rescue her."

Lego Ergo Sum

28. - Top - End - #688
    Dwarf in the Playground

There might be a way to handle this other then blowing it away. they can't leave without us knowing as long as someone stays down here. I'll see what else I can find out before we see if it is something we will have to engage.

29. - Top - End - #689

"Yeah, I just really don't want that to happen. Leaving aside the moral and psycological horror, just trying to philosphically contempalte it gives me a headache."

Lego Ergo Sum

30. - Top - End - #690
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    "Yeah, I just really don't want that to happen. Leaving aside the moral and psycological horror, just trying to philosphically contempalte it gives me a headache."
    Lee looks confused. "What...what are you talking about?"