New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Grimoire of the Rift (IC)

"Okay, we will keep in touch. Let's go Danil. We will need to travel again tomorrow, so it would be best to get some sleep. If you want to entertain ladies with some more strange questions, do as you will, but I am going." says Lucas. He also says goodbye to the sisters and walks back downstairs to get a room... and maybe catch Kolth to see if the Mana-drama case is resolved somehow.

... he also asks the barkeeper if he know a place which sells hangover remedy...

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

“Plan. Yes. Good idea. I should come up with a plan.”
    ― Steven Brust, Dzur

2. - Top - End - #722
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lexin View Post
    "Okay, we will keep in touch. Let's go Danil. We will need to travel again tomorrow, so it would be best to get some sleep. If you want to entertain ladies with some more strange questions, do as you will, but I am going." says Lucas. He also says goodbye to the sisters and walks back downstairs to get a room... and maybe catch Kolth to see if the Mana-drama case is resolved somehow.

... he also asks the barkeeper if he know a place which sells hangover remedy...
    Mana is sitting at a table silent and shy. With a red hand mark on her face. Kolth probably slapped her. Kolth is at the bar talking to the bartender about the various types of drink.

The bartender tells you hangovers are usually cured via simple spells (no idea what spell would cure it, but it's probably only level 1 or 2).

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Oh, I... and therefore Lucas... know what is needed to cure hangover (Dragon Compendium, page 118, Alchemist's Mercy, worth 1 gp). The question is if anyone in the city sells it.

Lucas walks to Kolth and asks pointing at Mana
    "How is it going?"

“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.”
    ― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

4. - Top - End - #724
    Banned

Oh, I... and therefore Lucas... know what is needed to cure hangover (Dragon Compendium, page 118, Alchemist's Mercy, worth 1 gp). The question is if anyone in the city sells it.

Lucas walks to Kolth and asks pointing at Mana
    "How is it going?"
    "She's getting better. I convinced her that your problems are just as great as hers. She explained the issue, and I told her to think about in context. Unless there's people you know in this world, you've lost everything pretty much."

She sighs. "So, apparently you're from another world all together huh? What's that like?"

And yes the Alchemist Mercy can be found in the city.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas rolls his eyes "Hmm, at first I was worried about keeping it a secret, so I am not sent to mental asylum... But it seems that everyone is taking the news quite well. he says and shrugs "Other than that... I guess scary and exciting describes this situation pretty well." he adds with a smile.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

6. - Top - End - #726
    Banned

Lucas rolls his eyes "Hmm, at first I was worried about keeping it a secret, so I am not sent to mental asylum... But it seems that everyone is taking the news quite well. he says and shrugs "Other than that... I guess scary and exciting describes this situation pretty well." he adds with a smile.
    "Uh...this is a world where we have a literal portal to hell in one of our countries. Giant winged serpents fly around and fight each other in real-world versions of chess, and one of the deadliest assassins to have ever lived wore a maid outfit. Parallel dimensions aren't exactly a big deal relatively speaking. From what she told me, your entire thing here could be summed up as "Plane shift spell gone both horribly wrong and horribly right.""

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"You could say that.
    I guess I was just judging this world as similar to ours. We don't have giant flying lizards or portal to hell... but we are not that far away from this... and being different than others, like for example saying that you are from different dimension ... or in extreme cases wearing clothes in wrong colors... , usually brings nothing but trouble...
    I am quite relieved that here it doesn't work like that... It is one of the good sides of being transported here..."

He says that and thinks: 'And I didn't even drink any alcohol today!'
    Last edited by Lexin; 2012-12-12 at 04:12 PM.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

8. - Top - End - #728
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Oh, I suspect it still works that way here. It's just that enough people travel from other worlds that it's not considered "different". Some of the things in our world, though, would get us in trouble here."
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

9. - Top - End - #729
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ReaderAt2046 View Post
    "Oh, I suspect it still works that way here. It's just that enough people travel from other worlds that it's not considered "different". Some of the things in our world, though, would get us in trouble here."
    "Care to elaborate you two?"

10. - Top - End - #730

"Of course not, we'd get in trouble. "
    Prince Fraternal of Pudding, Snuzzlepal, Feezy Squeez Lover, MP, Member of The Most Noble And Ancient Order Of St. George, King of Gae Parabolae.

Lego Ergo Sum

"Everyone's cute if you just look at them the right way"~Rebekah Patton Durham, Princess of Pudding.

"If they have stats, we can kill them... I'd like to point out that we also have stats..." ~ PhoenixGuard09.

Warhammer 40K: Where the faction that is a cross between the Inquisition and Space Nazis are the good guys.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Banned

"Of course not, we'd get in trouble. "
    "You would get into trouble...just giving me an example?"

She shrugs. "Whatever."

12. - Top - End - #732

"Something like that. I already almost got in trouble with Mori."

Lego Ergo Sum

13. - Top - End - #733
    Banned

"Something like that. I already almost got in trouble with Mori."
    Kolth raises her eyebrows. "One man does not define a culture."

14. - Top - End - #734

"Of course not, espcially as all the people I most want to define the culture here are women. Though come to think of it, there is at least one man who defines a culture..."

Lego Ergo Sum

15. - Top - End - #735
    Banned

"Of course not, espcially as all the people I most want to define the culture here are women. Though come to think of it, there is at least one man who defines a culture..."
    "I see. While it is true that many of our leaders are girls, there are just as many male leaders. The leaders of Takeda and Mouri as well as the Shimazu brothers."

She nods. "But of course there are other countries as well...some ruled by men, some ruled by women. The country of Zeth to the south for example, is ruled by a mage-king."
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-12-13 at 09:02 AM.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    Mana is sitting at a table silent and shy. With a red hand mark on her face. Kolth probably slapped her. Kolth is at the bar talking to the bartender about the various types of drink.

The bartender tells you hangovers are usually cured via simple spells (no idea what spell would cure it, but it's probably only level 1 or 2).
    John walks over to Mana.

Hey... Listen I'm really sorry about before. It's not that I don't want you around I just don't want you to get hurt.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Care to elaborate you two?"
    "I am not sure what to elaborate on. It is hard to say what would be strange here, what we do everyday in our world. I don't know that much about this world to tell what you could perceive as strange." He says with a shrug.

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

18. - Top - End - #738
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tantaburs View Post
    John walks over to Mana.

Hey... Listen I'm really sorry about before. It's not that I don't want you around I just don't want you to get hurt.
    "No." She says. "Kolth is right. You've gone through a lot more loss than I have. You lost your family, your world, everything you've ever known. I've been a selfish girl. Only thinking about myself."

"I am not sure what to elaborate on. It is hard to say what would be strange here, what we do everyday in our world. I don't know that much about this world to tell what you could perceive as strange." He says with a shrug.
    "Well either way. I'm sure you'll come to love it here."

Suddenly someone bursts in the door, screaming his head off.

"BIG NEWS! BIG NEWS!" He says rushing to the bar out of breath.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-12-13 at 01:16 PM.

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"It is nice enough for now." Lucas says to Kolth with a smile. Then turns to the shouting person.

"Care to tell what Big News exactly?"

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

20. - Top - End - #740
    Banned

"It is nice enough for now." Lucas says to Kolth with a smile. Then turns to the shouting person.

"Care to tell what Big News exactly?"
    He catches his breathe. "Uesugi and Takeda have gone to war!"

Everyone turns and looks at him. Kolth goes wide eyed.

"Wait...civil war, in the Rosewood Kingdom? As in two houses fighting each other outright?"

The man nods. "And given reports, it looks like Hojo's alliance with Uesugi could lead them into the conflict too!"

Kolth goes quiet. You can see she is calculating what he's saying.

"This is bad. Even with Uesugi and Hojo working together, the Takeda riding birds create one of the most powerful military forces in Rosewood. It will be a standstill for only so long."

The man nods. "What Tokugawa's stance on this?"

Kolth shakes her head. "Tokugawa is the basis for the great game. The dragons don't involve themselves in human warfare. They will remain neutral. What I'm worried about is the Miko institute being caught in the middle of it."

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Lucas looks at Kolth, and rolls his eyes again seeing the authority of a 'simple traveler'...
    He turns to messenger and asks shortly
    "Reason for the conflict?"

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

22. - Top - End - #742
    Banned

Lucas looks at Kolth, and rolls his eyes again seeing the authority of a 'simple traveler'...
    He turns to messenger and asks shortly
    "Reason for the conflict?"
    The messenger breathes.

"There has always been high tension between the two houses. Someone broke into a high-ranking Takeda noble house and killed the noble, leaving behind evidence it was ordered by a Uesugi noble. So far any divination spells they've used point to that being correct."

Kolth sighs. "I was hoping to keep my identity from you guys secret for a bit longer, but this is too big of event to justify judging you longer."

She turns to you. "I am Senhime. Vassal to Nova Ryu, and commander of the Tokugawa standing military force."

23. - Top - End - #743

Huh. Picked up some tricks from her mistress, I see.

What in the name of the Lord stirred up a civil war like this? Is the tome cheating or something?

"Picked up some tricks from your Lady, I see."

Lego Ergo Sum

24. - Top - End - #744
    Banned

Huh. Picked up some tricks from her mistress, I see.

What in the name of the Lord stirred up a civil war like this? Is the tome cheating or something?

"Picked up some tricks from your Lady, I see."
    "What do you mean?" Senhime asks you.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Who would have thought that you are not just a simple traveler..." Says Lucas with slight hint of irony "Any way we can help with the civil war problem?
    We could go to investigate the murder... but I am not sure if traveling to the fighting parties would be safe... and if we are dead we won't help anyone..."

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

26. - Top - End - #746

Takeda is cavalry...don't need them just yet. Nothing much we can do about this, we're on the wrong side of the country and I don't think anyone knows teleport. Best bet is to either join the campaign regualrly and try to crush...Oh my God. Didn't Aisha say she was training with the Uesegi? I really need to get over there and help!

Lego Ergo Sum

27. - Top - End - #747
    Banned

"Who would have thought that you are not just a simple traveler..." Says Lucas with slight hint of irony "Any way we can help with the civil war problem?
    We could go to investigate the murder... but I am not sure if traveling to the fighting parties would be safe... and if we are dead we won't help anyone..."
    "We need the mistress's advice and judgement." Senhime says. "Travelling to them won't do any good. Uesugi Kenshin and Takeda Shingen never got along. This can't be solved with diplomacy, at least not with those two in charge."

28. - Top - End - #748
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"If we need... mistress... advice, then we need to and ask for it." he answers with a shrug.

How long would it take to get to princess?

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur

29. - Top - End - #749
    Banned

"If we need... mistress... advice, then we need to and ask for it." he answers with a shrug.

How long would it take to get to princess?
    A few hours...if you're on the back of a dragon. Days of mountain climbing if you're on foot.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

A few hours...if you're on the back of a dragon. Days of mountain climbing if you're on foot.
    Is dragon-riding considered an insult, or is it more or less acceptable?

― Steven Brust

― Steven Brust, Dzur