New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Ending

So outside of Zeldas idiotism of sending me back in time NOT when I just arrived but after I killed a butt-zillion demons and monsters (Genius plan. Make me 7 years younger so I have no CHANCE of defeating Ganondorf. Its not like hes powerless without the Tri-force. Hes made like....3 horrible monsters even WITHOUT it), all I could care about was:

Are the rest of the Oracles dead? They apear back in the credits. Right after the people who miss them are shown.

How am I to interpret this? Are they alive? Are they ghostly visions?

Cause I don't want them to be dead. They are the coolest characters. I don't mind ZELDA dying, but I liked everybody else more.
    Last edited by Scowling Dragon; 2013-04-06 at 11:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Ending

I interpreted them as dead. Combine, each one of them faces pretty much a no win situation (Saria enters the temple, never to be seen again, Ruto bolts ahead, again, never to be seen. Darunia flat out enters the boss room, again, never to be seen, and Nabooru is flat out blasted by the twins.) The only one you don't see is Impa, and even then, it doesn't look good for her without the Lens of Truth.

Which I kinda liked...it's an interesting level of depth, not to mention a but of Obiwan. "You can strike me down, but I will become more powerful than you could ever imagine."

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Well crap. I feel so bad then. Its like a loose-loose situation for EVERY character (As in character. Not just nameless NPC) in the game.

Link goes back in time and is forced to do everything ALL OVER AGAIN (Well probably an alternate timeline instead), except with a Ganondorf Take-over by JUST evil magic. Not exactly the Tri-force level power levels, but take-over anyway.

Link probably get killed in the commotion, sending the World into a 40 year reign of Ganondorfs rule. (Yes I am blatantly ignoring Majoras mask because Majoras mask doesn't answer any of my questions.)

Whilst all the cool fun characters are killed, with loved ones left to grieve.

Man, Ocarina of Time is DARK. THIS is a dark game. Its a Tragedy, whilst looking so upbeat.

Edit:

Because this has made me depressed, I have chosen to interpret their return as them being the Ghost type people who CAN interact with the Physical world.
    Last edited by Scowling Dragon; 2013-04-06 at 11:53 AM.
    A little condescending

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

You should ask this in the Legend of Zelda thread WombatofDoom started. This would be good food-for-thought for them.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Well crap. I feel so bad then. Its like a loose-loose situation for EVERY character (As in character. Not just nameless NPC) in the game.

Link goes back in time and is forced to do everything ALL OVER AGAIN (Well probably an alternate timeline instead), except with a Ganondorf Take-over by JUST evil magic. Not exactly the Tri-force level power levels, but take-over anyway.

Link probably get killed in the commotion, sending the World into a 40 year reign of Ganondorfs rule. (Yes I am blatantly ignoring Majoras mask because Majoras mask doesn't answer any of my questions.)

Whilst all the cool fun characters are killed, with loved ones left to grieve.

Man, Ocarina of Time is DARK. THIS is a dark game. Its a Tragedy, whilst looking so upbeat.

Edit:

Because this has made me depressed, I have chosen to interpret their return as them being the Ghost type people who CAN interact with the Physical world.
    It gets darker than that.

According to Hyrule Historia, OoT made three separate timelines (rather than two which is what fans usually theorized at the time,) one where Link is defeated (presumably during the fight w/ Ganon), and two timelines where Link succeeded.

The timeline where OoT Link falls is more or less the classic LoZ games, which is sort of saved from going into total crap by the sages sealing Ganon. However, he manages to complete the Triforce, but is stuck in the Sacred Realm. Cue Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past.

The other two timelines where Link succeeded is divided by Zelda's decision to send Link back. The "child" timeline is the what happens to Link after OoT. Ganondorf is executed, (and yet somehow still gets the Triforce of Power? What the heck Twilight Princess...) and leads to the events of Twilight Princess.~

From the Hyrule of Adult Link's timeline, the Hero of Time disappeared after defeating Ganon. However, the Seal on him through the Sages + Master Sword is not enough, leading to Ganon freeing himself and leading into the backstory of Wind Waker.

The difference between Child (Twilight Princess) and Adult (Wind Waker) timelines is that there was a Hero to stop Ganon when he was resurrected. Hyrule of the Adult Timeline is destroyed because Zelda sent Link away. Triforce of Wisdom everybody!
    you know that I'm more than just a doll do you?-Geno
    Add me on Steam!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Thecrimsonmage and By Shades of Gray by Akrim.elf

and current made by me.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

UGH! YOU STUPID COW!

And she thinks that even IF I can defeat GannonDorf, and do the first two dungeons over again I can "Regain" lost time?

Are you kidding me? One does not go back to catching butterflies after seeing horrors beyond dimensions Zelda!
    A little condescending

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Wow, I somehow never put this much thought into it.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Essentially each sage is locked in a place beyond time and space for all eternity.
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post

Link probably get killed in the commotion, sending the World into a 40 year reign of Ganondorfs rule.
    Gannodorf is far weaker before he gets the Triforce. Without the Triforce, he is "only" a black-hearted sorcerer of peerless might. He is very strong, but he's still mortal. If the King of Hyrule sics the Royal Guard on him, he will get captured (and, indeed, that's exactly what happens in the backstory of Twilight Princess). There's a reason he had to hide behind false overtures of fealty rather than just blowing up Hyrule Castle. By traveling back in time and pre-empting the rise of Ganon, Link catches Gannodorf while he's still mortal, allowing him to be defeated by mortals before the land gets plunged into a seven-year reign of darkness.

At least, that's the plan...

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    The "child" timeline is the what happens to Link after OoT. Ganondorf is executed, (and yet somehow still gets the Triforce of Power? What the heck Twilight Princess...) and leads to the events of Twilight Princess.~
    As I interpret it, the power of the Triforce transcends time. Thus, even though the Temple of Time never gets opened in the new timeline, the bearers of the Triforce are still the bearers of the Triforce. Thus, Link, Zelda, and Gannodorf effectively have their respective pieces from the moment the timelines diverge, though they don't yet realize it. Gannodorf figures it out when he gets stabbed through the chest but still survives, awakening him to his true power and letting him become Ganon. Luckily, he gets banished to the Twilight Realm, so arguably the time travel gambit still worked out. Both the Child and Adult timelines have Ganon becoming Ganon and getting sealed away, but he does far less damage in the Child timeline.

The difference between Child (Twilight Princess) and Adult (Wind Waker) timelines is that there was a Hero to stop Ganon when he was resurrected. Hyrule of the Adult Timeline is destroyed because Zelda sent Link away. Triforce of Wisdom everybody!
    To be honest, the Adult Timeline actually looks like the best of the three. Sure, it ends up going through two separate apocalypses (Ganon's destructive seven-year reign and the Great Flood), but it also has far more technological advances, a higher standard of living, and, lest we forget, Ganon is dead for good. My personal fanon is that Demise's curse ceased to apply after Daphnes Hyrule destroyed the Triforce.

Not that Zelda knew about the curse, nor do I think she actually wanted Hyrule to be destroyed. To be honest, I think her line of reasoning was more "Well, our capital's been destroyed, hordes of undead monsters are loose on the land, pretty much everything is desolation, and the evil god who did it all just promised he'd be back. Whelp, looks like my best option now is to send Link back to preempt this; maybe the other timeline will turn out better."
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.