New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1489
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIV: Return of the Pokémon Thread Strikes Back Harder

Yeah, some of the names are good, but some are just so stupid...

Reptoil? Oozard? Fine.

Wastenaut and Garbarge? OK, though it should be Water/Poison.

Jacoq? Fits the unprounounceability theme.

Houndoomed? Toilelite? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pokémon Thread XIV: Return of the Pokémon Thread Strikes Back Harder

I've just noticed that in the dream world I have unlocked the pokemon that require 7500 points, however, my actual point count is just under 5500. Is something wrong? (Not that I mind if it is...)
    Awesome FE sprites done by Penguinator

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Troll in the Playground

I have no idea how many points I have.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post
    I've just noticed that in the dream world I have unlocked the pokemon that require 7500 points, however, my actual point count is just under 5500. Is something wrong? (Not that I mind if it is...)
    I think those values are listed as estimates based off of known data. They're rare anyway, so it's possible to not see them for a couple thousand points past when you'd be able to. Alternately, BW1 and 2 may have different point values for unlocking Pokémon, which might not be reflected in your source.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    I have no idea how many points I have.
    The Pokemon Staff put your accumulated dream points in a highly visible and very obvious area! Just log in to your Pokemon Global Link account, change to the game card you want to use, click on the "My Page" button to access your profile, then access the "Pokemon Dream World" tab, to see your dream points below the picture of your dream house! Please do not try to access this page when playing in the Dream World, as it may display inaccurate data or log you out of the Dream World.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Troll in the Playground

Huh. I have 8780 dream points. Just a bit away from ten thousand.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll have to take a look at mine sometime, I'd be interested to see what's available.

Also; Sandshrew vs. Drilbur?, Sandshrew/sandslash has more balanced base stats, and fewer thigns are super effective against it, but Drilbur/Excadrill has better attack and speed, as well as more immunities.

The two I have are both female(and the sandshrew is a dreamworld one, so it has Sandrush), so I could breed more of either(eventually anyway) to pump up one or the other's EVs
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Excadrill is superior. The higher Defense of Sandslash is somewhat less impressive than Excadrill's extensive pool of resistances (though it is weak to Ground, Fighting, and Fire, which Sandslash is not) as well as its higher HP. Excadrill's higher Speed and Attack also means that it'll get KOs more quickly in general.

Excadrill also gets Earthquake more quickly, as well as learning Rock Slide by level-up.

According to Smogon, at least, Dream World Sandslash is the poor man's Excadrill.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2013-03-04 at 10:47 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Troll in the Playground

Mold Breaker Excadrill.

So OP.
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Turalisj View Post
    Mold Breaker Excadrill.

So OP.
    Only so much, though. Sand Rush Excadrill, if you are running a Sandstorm team, is a nasty beast that only easily loses to weather change or Mach Punch (or Vacuum Wave, but that doesn't get much in the way of useful distribution). Or maybe Dragonite.
    Last edited by Mando Knight; 2013-03-04 at 11:37 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll give Exacdrill a go then(escpecially since it saves me leveling something from level 10, as I've spent a lot of time training up a Sandrush Drilbur[level 25 at the moment])

This has made me wonder; what are good dreamworld pokemon to look out for?
    looks like dreamworld ones of any type trade fairly well on the gts.
    after about an hour I got a level 34 japanese Ninetails, a level 1 English Zorua, and a level 43 Terrakion(which looks to be non-hacked)
    Last edited by Togath; 2013-03-05 at 07:46 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground

I just landed my self a female prankster Riolu...

Yeah prolly hacked... but I can breed from it...

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ettin in the Playground

Aye, I encountered those sorts of thigns as well(the probably hacked sort), and generally only actually accepted one if it was female, so I could breed non-hacked ones.

Also; of the (non event only) Swords of Justice, which do you think would be most useful for doing the main story(for white 1)?, I have all three(caught Virizion and Colbalion, and traded a mid level dreamworld Drowzee for a non-hacked[as far as I can tell, sicne it's level, ball, stats, and capture location all fit a real one]Terrakion).
    I think I'm also nearing Zekrom, so he may be a possible option soon as well.

The rest of my party currently consists of an Emboar(level 44), an Unfezant(level 40), an Excadrill(level 40), a Scolipede(level 38), and a Basculin(currently level 40, it's the one you get via an npc trade in Driftvale), and I've just finished Dragonspire Tower(though I haven't caught anything in it yet.. so things form there are also possible options)
    Meow(Steam page)

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Titan in the Playground

What makes you say that?

Riolu is available from the Dream World in BW (at 10k dream points) from rugged mountain, so in theory it's readily available legally.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    What makes you say that?

Riolu is available from the Dream World in BW (at 10k dream points) from rugged mountain, so in theory it's readily available legally.
    That's saying nothing about how the Dream Radar drops them like candy from the get go. And I don't mean rare candy, I mean like the common candy like circus peanuts or werthers or something.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ogre in the Playground

Yesterday was a good day for Pokemon. I caught/bred around 25 new, unique Pokemon for my living dex. Almost two thirds of the way there.

I'm also close to completing my New Unova dex, and even closer to simply seeing every Pokemon on it. Unfortunately, I need the Spheal line, and they only show up in the winter. >.< It's at least Autumn, but I don't really want to wait a month.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    Yesterday was a good day for Pokemon. I caught/bred around 25 new, unique Pokemon for my living dex. Almost two thirds of the way there.

I'm also close to completing my New Unova dex, and even closer to simply seeing every Pokemon on it. Unfortunately, I need the Spheal line, and they only show up in the winter. >.< It's at least Autumn, but I don't really want to wait a month.
    Send me a PM with the Pokemon you need for your living Dex. I also have a living Dex myself and I'm nearing 80% already, so I might be able to help you. At the very least, I can give you a Spheal.
    Previously known as Dorian Soth.

Pokémon Friend Codes!

Spoiler
    Show

Pokémon Platinum
    2065-8881-0711

Pokémon Black
    1764-5885-4832

Pokémon White 2
    5115-3060-5236

Also, my 3DS Friend Code is:
    0619-3578-2378

PM me before you add me

Check my stuff!

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Also; of the (non event only) Swords of Justice, which do you think would be most useful for doing the main story(for white 1)?, I have all three(caught Virizion and Colbalion, and traded a mid level dreamworld Drowzee for a non-hacked[as far as I can tell, sicne it's level, ball, stats, and capture location all fit a real one]Terrakion).
    I think I'm also nearing Zekrom, so he may be a possible option soon as well.

The rest of my party currently consists of an Emboar(level 44), an Unfezant(level 40), an Excadrill(level 40), a Scolipede(level 38), and a Basculin(currently level 40, it's the one you get via an npc trade in Driftvale), and I've just finished Dragonspire Tower(though I haven't caught anything in it yet.. so things form there are also possible options)
    Terrakion was an absolute monster on my nuzlocke of Black 2. Fast (especially in game), and incredibly hard hitting. Just pop on some STAB moves and go to town.

Granted, he ended up dying to the champion's Haxorous, but really, the fact that I beat that match at all was mostly due to him.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Othesemo View Post
    Terrakion was an absolute monster on my nuzlocke of Black 2. Fast (especially in game), and incredibly hard hitting. Just pop on some STAB moves and go to town.

Granted, he ended up dying to the champion's Haxorous, but really, the fact that I beat that match at all was mostly due to him.
    I'll go with Terrakion then(also, how many HM moves do you end up getting in gen V? Six, correct? I'm trying to move moves around enough for the rest of my party that I don't need to worry about having to give a bad one to one of my stronger pokemon)
    Meow(Steam page)

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

You hardly need the HMs for the most part in Gen V (shoved things in their holes stay shoved, and Cut is hardly necessary)... though Surf is fantastic, though, and can fit on any Special-based Water-type, and Fly can easily go on Rufflet, along with Strength and Cut.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    You hardly need the HMs for the most part in Gen V (shoved things in their holes stay shoved, and Cut is hardly necessary)... though Surf is fantastic, though, and can fit on any Special-based Water-type, and Fly can easily go on Rufflet, along with Strength and Cut.
    Ah, good to know about them being less needed.
    I'll try to get a Rufflet, and aye, surf looks pretty potent(I sort of wish all HM were as strong as it, or at least near it)
    edit: looks like I'm still a little away from it, any other pokemon that could have all three?(at the moment I've had to use my Excadrill to hold cut and strength)
    Last edited by Togath; 2013-03-06 at 05:08 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    What makes you say that?

The guy who was trading had various dream world pokes (they were in dream world balls) all at precisely level 40 and with excellent movesets. I managed to grab the said Riolu and Shuckle from him before the connection died.

As far as I am aware dream world pokes start at lv 10. So unless the dream radar functions differently I suspect hacks.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1043

The guy who was trading had various dream world pokes (they were in dream world balls) all at precisely level 40 and with excellent movesets. I managed to grab the said Riolu and Shuckle from him before the connection died.

As far as I am aware dream world pokes start at lv 10. So unless the dream radar functions differently I suspect hacks.
    According to Bulbapedia, if you have 7 to 8 badges, Pokémon transferred from th Dream Radar will appear as lvl 40 Pokémon, caught in Dream Balls and with the capture location "Pokémon Dream Radar".

Pokémon Friend Codes!

Spoiler
    Show

Pokémon Platinum
    2065-8881-0711

Pokémon Black
    1764-5885-4832

Pokémon White 2
    5115-3060-5236

0619-3578-2378

PM me before you add me

Check my stuff!

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thormag View Post
    According to Bulbapedia, if you have 7 to 8 badges, Pokémon transferred from th Dream Radar will appear as lvl 40 Pokémon, caught in Dream Balls and with the capture location "Pokémon Dream Radar".
    Oh good, so they are legit :)

Sooo What should I do with a contrary shuckle? It has shell smash...
    Last edited by Rising Phoenix; 2013-03-06 at 07:00 PM.

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1045

Oh good, so they are legit :)

Sooo What should I do with a contrary shuckle? It has shell smash...
    252 Def, 252 SpD, hope for a new evolution in Pokemon X & Y and give him Eviolite.

Pokémon Friend Codes!

Spoiler
    Show

Pokémon Platinum
    2065-8881-0711

Pokémon Black
    1764-5885-4832

Pokémon White 2
    5115-3060-5236

0619-3578-2378

PM me before you add me

Check my stuff!

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground

252 Def, 252 SpD, hope for a new evolution in Pokemon X & Y and give him Eviolite.
    :P Easy enough :P

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh god, that'd be horrible.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ogre in the Playground

Taunt + Toxic gg
    Once you go blue, nothing else will do. Once you go Quarian...someone will die.

29. - Top - End - #1049

Quote Originally Posted by boj0 View Post
    Taunt + Toxic gg
    Mr Shuckle's got Rest you know? Also, you don't have to keep him in against a Taunt user.

EDIT: Can someone help me evolve my Haunter and Kadabra on a Gen IV game? (Preferably DPP, because I don't know how compatible I am with HGSS with only two badges)
    Last edited by Thormag; 2013-03-06 at 09:24 PM.

Pokémon Friend Codes!

Spoiler
    Show

Pokémon Platinum
    2065-8881-0711

Pokémon Black
    1764-5885-4832

Pokémon White 2
    5115-3060-5236

0619-3578-2378

PM me before you add me

Check my stuff!

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ogre in the Playground

Mr Shuckle's got Rest you know? Also, you don't have to keep him in against a Taunt user.
    Kinda makes him useless against steel and poison types... but you cannot have everything on a mon.

So Shuckle with the Ability Contrary.
    Buff DEF and Sp.DEF to the wazoo.
    Moves:
    Toxic,
    Rest,'
    Shell Smash,
    Earthquake [rockslide?]

My Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

My characters